Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I should note that Scarecrow has done more damage right now then Joker ever did.

Scarecrow while he shares some spotlight is the main villain and is still pretty awesome, his speeches are also pretty cool.

Scarecrow posted:

Scarecrow: "Remnants of Gotham: I have messages for you all. To the vandals who stayed behind to pick the still-warm flesh from Gotham's bones: have your fun. You are under my protection. To the cowards quaking behind the police department's walls: you will not be spared. And to Batman: I have already won. Emptied your city with a vial of toxin and a few threatening words. That's how little the safety you provided was worth. And when the dawn comes, when Gotham lies in ruins and I turn my gaze to the world beyond, the legend of the Batman will be worth nothing at all."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Joke's on him, time is eternally stuck in the exact same millisecond until Batman finishes his quest in these games, so at this rate dawn will never come!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Discendo Vox posted:

Ra's blood was never presented as definitely offering a cure. Batman was also exposed to much more of Joker's blood than others.

Um yes it totally was, Freeze was like "this formula will fix Joker's TITAN bullshit but I just need this one enzyme..." Then Bats goes "oh hey I know a weird mystical man who has that in his blood brb", then post Ra's fight, Freeze makes two vials of cure then goes "JOKER HAS MY WIFE" and crushes the first vial of cure like a loving prick, because that's a good way to get Batman on your side and not a fist through your helmet.

Then at the end of the game after he recovers the other vial, Batman only drinks half of the cure because as he tells Joker, he was going to save him, except Joker stabbed Batman in the chest like a loving idiot and made him drop the other half of the miracle cure on the ground.

(There's a quick synopsis of the back half of Arkham City if you've never played it, kids! :D)

So really Batman has Joker-itis because he didn't drink his medicine in the last game, or that's how I read it at least.

CJacobs posted:

It's the Batman of Zur-En-:argh:

:golfclap:

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Mar 8, 2016

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

CJacobs posted:

Joke's on him, time is eternally stuck in the exact same millisecond until Batman finishes his quest in these games, so at this rate dawn will never come!
Batman's secretly a time cop.

He's just also a loose cannon.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

TwoPair posted:

Um yes it totally was, Freeze was like "this formula will fix Joker's TITAN bullshit but I just need this one enzyme..."

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Mooseontheloose posted:

Isn't that Green Arrow?
Is it? I only know the show, but aren't they both capitalist pigdogs who think they're above the law because they are rich?

e: In somewhat-related topics, is it just me or is the Flash show kinda... boring? I enjoyed (first two seasons of) Arrow well enough because there was some kind of mystery going on but here it's obvious who the bad guy is since the first episode.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Mar 8, 2016

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

anilEhilated posted:

Is it? I only know the show, but aren't they both capitalist pigdogs who think they're above the law because they are rich?

e: In somewhat-related topics, is it just me or is the Flash show kinda... boring? I enjoyed (first two seasons of) Arrow well enough because there was some kind of mystery going on but here it's obvious who the bad guy is since the first episode.

Arrow in the live-action show is Batman With A Bow. The Green Arrow in the comics is definitely a "Rah rah for the people!" Marxist hero, or at least he was. I have no idea if that's still the case.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The cure was to fix the Titan poisoning, not whatever other weird stuff came with Joker's blood.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

FicusArt posted:

The thing about frustrating or problematic tropes, or any, really, is they can be as internally logical as the writer wants. The writer has full control over the story and can weave it however they'd like to make an outcome completely make sense.

When people express frustration with that it's not just that "Oh well this is dumb in the story" or "this is out of character", but like "Oh hey another story decided to kill the black guy" or "God dammit the only good woman got helplessly kidnapped in yet another story". Because here's the deal: the writers could simply not do that, and make not doing that be logical. The fact that it's in the story was their deliberate choice.

:agreed:

Also holy poo poo I forgot Stephanie had her own Batmobile as Batgirl:

Look at it. LOOK AT IT. It's adorable! :allears:

Goddamn, I would pay good money for a game where you zoom around Gotham in an armoured Eggplant Mini Cooper. It puts this game's Batmobile to shame.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Polaron posted:

Arrow in the live-action show is Batman With A Bow. The Green Arrow in the comics is definitely a "Rah rah for the people!" Marxist hero, or at least he was. I have no idea if that's still the case.

He's always been depicted as very left leaning, yeah - he was written as a more socially conscious hero. The team-ups with him and The Question were always solid gold.

I'm on my phone or i'd post the pic of an old african american guy going "man you keep helping the purple people or the green people off with the other super heroes, but what have you done for the black, red, brown, and yellow people here?"

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Posting this a little bit early 'cause I got places to be.

Fighting Firefighter Fighters/Polsy

New profile(s): Chief Underhill

New stories: Fixation, Wonder Tower, Just Jack, Poison Chalice

Race 6: 2008 - Cataclysm/Polsy

For those of you who are angry about the Joker popping up and comic book science and all the other crap, bear with me. I for one like the way Joker is used here, when I was first playing he didn't feel as obtrusive as in Arkham City and Arkham Origins.

There's SO much more in this game to get angry about. Trust me, we'll get there.

dscruffy1 fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Mar 8, 2016

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Your links are still pointing at Episode 7.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Kurieg posted:

Your links are still pointing at Episode 7.

Whoops. Fixed it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

dscruffy1 posted:

There's SO much more in this game to get angry about. Trust me, we'll get there.

I'm rather curious which things in particular upset or disappointed you.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm rather curious which things in particular upset or disappointed you.

There's one thing that really pissed me off but we haven't gotten to it yet; given how fast dscruff is going we'll probably hit it in a few videos.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.
"Now this, this is some top of the line gear!" Says the recorded voice of Aaron Cash as you investigate the alcove in the militia section of the evidence locker that is devoted entirely to wooden baseball bats.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The Evidence Room is cool, though I always found it odd that Batman lets the GCPD keep his REC and Shock Gloves.

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012
The people who are becoming Joker are becoming it via Prion? So, mad Joker disease instead of mad Cow disease? Regardless, if Robin is trying to find a cure quickly, he really has his work cut out for him, modern medicine has failed to cure Prion for almost 100 years by now.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Crystalgate posted:

The people who are becoming Joker are becoming it via Prion? So, mad Joker disease instead of mad Cow disease? Regardless, if Robin is trying to find a cure quickly, he really has his work cut out for him, modern medicine has failed to cure Prion for almost 100 years by now.

Mad Clown Disease.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Crigit posted:

"Now this, this is some top of the line gear!" Says the recorded voice of Aaron Cash as you investigate the alcove in the militia section of the evidence locker that is devoted entirely to wooden baseball bats.

Now, now, there's also some police-issue batons.

E: I'm really appreciating how all the races look like movie sets.

Philippe fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 8, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I get the feeling it's only raining in this game so they can show off how awesome wet things look with next gen graphics.

And to be fair, they do.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
My favourite part about the Dark Knight race tracks is the constant blue-screens in around the course for the CG to get put in later. If gives the whole track a (justified) unfinished look.

The '66 Tracks are just pure joy to watch, as a fond trip down memory lane for all the little bits where you can go "I remember that!". And the '88 tracks have the glorious music that makes everything 'Batman'.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Seeing Batman field-strip a gun in the middle of battle doesn't get old. I love it.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Reading the profiles for the for Mad Clown Disease victims Batman locked up (in the OP). If Johnny Charisma has Joker's showmanship, Christina has his obsession with the Bat, and Albert has his violence, what if Henry is actually embodying the last shred of sanity the Joker had? Similar to Harleen's voice inside Harley - all the guilt and the fear, shoved to one side.

And what does that leave Bruce? The psychosis? The compulsiveness? Would Batman have told Gordon about Barbara's kidnapping and her working for him if he didn't have the phantom Joker egging him on?

How many of these unfortunate bat-decisions are going to be guided by, or blamed upon, the smiling devil now sitting on Bats' shoulder?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
What's funny is that I also got the REC as soon as you can enter the Police Department. I don't even know what compelled me to punch the glass. I got the game at launch, so I was playing it blind. Something just told me to take a swing, so when the glass broke I was like "Well....poo poo." And of course I spent minute or so punching every other case in the GCPD.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

The tape Jack Ryder was listening to mentioned "wall of fat" in the sewers, which I found out are actually real.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

IMJack posted:

Reading the profiles for the for Mad Clown Disease victims Batman locked up (in the OP). If Johnny Charisma has Joker's showmanship, Christina has his obsession with the Bat, and Albert has his violence, what if Henry is actually embodying the last shred of sanity the Joker had? Similar to Harleen's voice inside Harley - all the guilt and the fear, shoved to one side.

And what does that leave Bruce? The psychosis? The compulsiveness? Would Batman have told Gordon about Barbara's kidnapping and her working for him if he didn't have the phantom Joker egging him on?

How many of these unfortunate bat-decisions are going to be guided by, or blamed upon, the smiling devil now sitting on Bats' shoulder?

I suspect that dude is gonna be the final boss of the game and have all of Joker's evil or some poo poo. He's gonna go all Titan monstrosity and end up being a big dumb boss fight to punch in the face.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

akulanization posted:

I don't know, Oracle's not physically helpless, but I'd like to think that since she knows that she probably can't beat an endless horde of mooks in a fightfight she would be smart enough to bide her time for when she can do something that'll make a difference. No point in getting knocked out when you could instead know where you are and begin to plot an escape or something. While it has nothing to do with what I've quoted, I don't see how they've made oracle look helpless. She's physically disabled, but she's willingly put herself at risk because she wants to help and believes she can make a difference. That's strength, even if it isn't the kind that lets you punch people.

And there's always the chance she could discover something that leads to the discovery of the Knight's identity or a way to stop whatever they have planned. She can certainly kick rear end with her escrima sticks, but her real strength has always been her brain. She arguably has far more to gain by going with the Knight's troops, willingly or not, than by fighting them off.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I see now why you're not impressed with the 2008 tracks. They're kind of samey where the others are brightly colored and have nice set pieces. It wasn't immediately clear to me that this wasn't the same Tumbler track you already did.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

IMJack posted:

Probably the psychosis. We don't know how much Joker-itis the others have, but whereas the others seem to be encompassing traits, Batman is seeing the actual Joker who speaks exactly like the original.

After all, Batman would understand the Joker better than anyone else.

That being said, there also seems to be the implication that Joker Hallucination is vocalizing Bruce's insecurities, so telling Gordon was likely his own choice. He just feels awful about it and JH is making it worse.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

And there's always the chance she could discover something that leads to the discovery of the Knight's identity or a way to stop whatever they have planned. She can certainly kick rear end with her escrima sticks, but her real strength has always been her brain. She arguably has far more to gain by going with the Knight's troops, willingly or not, than by fighting them off.

There's some incidental Knight troop dialogue I recall that indicates she did beat hell out of a bunch of them with said escrima sticks before the Knight himself grabbed her. As can be expected, the Knight is good enough to go up against Batman directly (I expect this is a non-spoiler to everyone reading here) so I don't really feel like it makes Barbara come off weak to lose to him. In any event I seriously doubt she would be willing to risk getting captured even for intel, it's just too suicidally risky.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Oh, something that Aaron Cash mentioned in a couple of the evidence room voice overs: He keeps referring to letting villains go and he's talking about how in the aftermath of Protocol 10, the GCPD was forced to exonerate all of the inmates due to the massive miscarriage of justice that was Arkham City. I'm not clear on whether or not that would fly in real life but then again, Arkham City wouldn't have flown in real life either. This also ties in to how suspiciously quiet the city has been. It's not just that crime's taken a downturn - it's that every single high profile criminal in Gotham has been free for months and not a single one of them have done anything of note (that anyone's aware of anyway).

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
God what a dick, breaking the glass cases in the PD like that. Could have just used the bat glass cutter, bat lock pick, or bat electronic lock picker.

edit : Hell just ask and get the key. Also Cash deserves a Robot hand.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 9, 2016

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Speedball posted:

Seeing Batman field-strip a gun in the middle of battle doesn't get old. I love it.

For me, it's Batman punching a guy through the window on his shield, then bending the shield into uselessness.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Batman can never be kind to anyone. Not even his allies, apparently.

Like, seriously, I can give being a dick to his enemies a pass, even grudgingly in the case of people like Mr. Freeze. But is there any benefit to coming across as a jerk to the people he cooperates with?

Then again, given that he's good at practically EVERYTHING else, I suppose it makes sense to give him some kind of character flaw.

On a related glass breaking note, I love how no one questions how Riddler got a trophy into the GCPD. Riddler is practically Batman himself at this point.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

On a related glass breaking note, I love how no one questions how Riddler got a trophy into the GCPD. Riddler is practically Batman himself at this point.

The Joker visions are actually the Riddler hacking into Batman's fancy goggles to gently caress with his head.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

On the one hand, it's fun to imagine that Riddler is so good he can sneak a trophy into the police station and noone questions it. But what if it went the other way? What if Riddler's trophies are getting so lazy that a random cop found one and brought it back himself?

Or maybe it's something really boring like Riddler sent it to the cops with a note that said "Hold onto this for Batman, would you?"

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Rule number one, don't get me killed.
I personally kinda like the idea that the Riddler dropped it off outside the GCPD with a "whatever you do, don't let Batman get this" note, and they were like "Uhhhh...... is this mindgames or is this real? poo poo... let's just put it in evidence lockup and hope Batman does or doesn't get it and we don't have to deal with the crazy guy."

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

The Joker visions are actually the Riddler hacking into Batman's fancy goggles to gently caress with his head.
This, along with the fact that the Riddler uncovered Batman's identity (Joker keeps calling Batman "Bruce") would be the best twist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Wasn't there an entire comics series where Riddler realized he needed help and turned into an incredibly competent private detective because he is actually incredibly smart, just crazy as gently caress?

• Locked thread