Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Is there any known issues with combat FPS stuttering? Most of the game runs fine but I keep getting semi-random frame drops and it's kind of a pain in the dick.

To be more specific, whenever I'm in combat, I get pretty constant frame drops on attack, and it seems like this started sometime in the last day since I don't remember this coming up when I first started. I've got a GTX 970 and I'm playing in Windowed Fullscreen mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

I've read the OP and am perusing the thread at random, but in the meantime: what's the focus of this game? Guild Wars style pretty princess oh i guess there's a game too, EVE style endless PvP war, FFXIV style raiding, or what?

Also is this going to be like Archeage (which I regret buying into) where player owned land is limited and gently caress you if you're late to the party
Lineage 2 style PvP war with elaborate crafting, trading, and not so elaborate grinding.

Envy Insanity
Oct 2, 2003

Have gone to commit suicide. Intend to return from grave Friday. Feed cat.
I'm playing on the EU server and focusing on everything but the main point of the game. I was curious if anyone has found a guide talking about trading, particularly, crafting trade goods to sell to NPCs. I've found a lot of guides talking about this but they mostly mention it without discussing which craftable items sell to where, etc. Is it mainly buying from one trade manager and selling to another, or is it viable to collect from nodes, craft and sell to NPCs. If it is, does anyone have a list of items, or a link to a guide to go over it at all?

SoJ57261
Jul 7, 2015

kalstrams posted:

Lineage 2 style PvP war with elaborate crafting, trading, and not so elaborate grinding.

So it was just not me who felt this is L3. The grinding comes with quite a bit of PVP in this game and its quite enjoyable.

Eonwe posted:

im never grinding my poo poo up with 1-2% success rates

that sounds incredibly unfun

I am not sure about this 1-2%, I was searching around yesterday and found 10% or something like this (on KR) after +15 but either way you will get a higher chance by failstacking, not sure how much though.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

You'll see plenty of stories of people having 40+ fail stacks and still fail back to back on 15 to 16. So I seriously doubt its 10%.

Also a fail stack is apparently just 1%

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Mar 8, 2016

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lewtt posted:

gently caress korea, this single +9 to +10 has cost me 6 million so far, not counting the failstack to +5

Let me tell you about my +27 Fail Stack. The Black Spirit Hates Me.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Envy Insanity posted:

I'm playing on the EU server and focusing on everything but the main point of the game. I was curious if anyone has found a guide talking about trading, particularly, crafting trade goods to sell to NPCs. I've found a lot of guides talking about this but they mostly mention it without discussing which craftable items sell to where, etc. Is it mainly buying from one trade manager and selling to another, or is it viable to collect from nodes, craft and sell to NPCs. If it is, does anyone have a list of items, or a link to a guide to go over it at all?

It's any to any based on the node you crafted to the node you go to.

Envy Insanity
Oct 2, 2003

Have gone to commit suicide. Intend to return from grave Friday. Feed cat.

Stormgale posted:

It's any to any based on the node you crafted to the node you go to.

Ah, I guess I was overthinking it. So I can make my crate of whatever and ship it on down to somewhere far away I'm connected to and sell it. Thanks!

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Envy Insanity posted:

Ah, I guess I was overthinking it. So I can make my crate of whatever and ship it on down to somewhere far away I'm connected to and sell it. Thanks!

Yes

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

So I decided to up my investment to 4 mil. Made a 700k~ profit over 15 hours.

Not bad!

If anyone's confused how this works, basically once you have a Rank #1 Residence, once you click on that town in the minimap you will see giant gold bags like this:

Calpheon has 4 different investment opportunities at 1m, 4m, 20m, and 100m. You need to convert your currency into gold ingots at the Storage in your respective city, and they need to be in the right denomination for the gold bag you are clicking (ie. you cant use forty 1g ingots you need four 10g ingots.)

Then you set a worker on it, and for example, a level 12 Professional Human Worker with a workspeed of 78 finishes the 4m investment in about 15 hours.

The best way to get a Rank #1 residence in my opinion is try and find a residence that is not occupied, as trying to compete with most people with bare minimum (unless you got the preorder furniture than you are looking anywhere from 1400-1800 points) will cost either a ton of money or real money.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I'm trying to figure out the crafting system in this game, and the big problem I have is gathering materials. As in there seems to be gently caress all to be gathered out in the world. I ran around the hills for half an hour yesterday and didn't find a single tree I could chop down.

But then someone mentioned that you can assign NPCs to gather materials for you through the worker system. Is that true? How would I go about doing that?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Invest in a node through the Node Manager at the location. Then invest in the node for the resource. Then use the menu to have your slave gather the poo poo

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Almost 35 already and have done basically nothing with my energy or contribution points. I aught to correct that but...effort.

Same, after reading about the enchant stuff it kind of immediately turned me off of this game.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Der Shovel posted:

I'm trying to figure out the crafting system in this game, and the big problem I have is gathering materials. As in there seems to be gently caress all to be gathered out in the world. I ran around the hills for half an hour yesterday and didn't find a single tree I could chop down.

But then someone mentioned that you can assign NPCs to gather materials for you through the worker system. Is that true? How would I go about doing that?

How could you not find a tree

prinnylaharl
Feb 10, 2013
gently caress worrying about any of the end game poo poo like enchanting, get on the Exploit and fish all day or fight for the title of weedlord on rankings, or make your house the prettiest goddamn thing, or loving sperg out and connect EVERY loving THING, or learn how to punch every monster in the dick better, or become a trade baron and buy what the gently caress ever you want.

Everyone keeps bringing up end game but this isn't one of the games where you have to try and push for end game to have fun and when you eventually do want to do that push you will have a lot of money to do so with.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

How could you not find a tree

I'm wondering this as well. Literally every, single tree N/E/S/W of any time, or basically everything in the hills/mountains is harvest able.

prinnylaharl posted:

gently caress worrying about any of the end game poo poo like enchanting, get on the Exploit and fish all day or fight for the title of weedlord on rankings, or make your house the prettiest goddamn thing, or loving sperg out and connect EVERY loving THING, or learn how to punch every monster in the dick better, or become a trade baron and buy what the gently caress ever you want.

Everyone keeps bringing up end game but this isn't one of the games where you have to try and push for end game to have fun and when you eventually do want to do that push you will have a lot of money to do so with.

Also very much this. I'm normally not one to get really spergy about the little systems within a game but M'Tism is triggered :getin:

Stanley Pain fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Mar 8, 2016

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
Just in cause you get bored and want to level an alt to 50 like a complete nerd you can't do the majority of the black spirit quests on that alt so you miss out on 14-16 black stones.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Today on Kerrzhe Got A New Horse:

omg it can't even see this is too adorable :allears:

Fellow space jam represent.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

minchar posted:

Non-cash shop costumes do not have helmet models.

Are all outfits cash shop? Only stuff I see on the Marketplace in game are armor pieces.

Big L
Oct 30, 2005

Fedora Emelianenko
Quick question, what happens to your workers if you remove your lodging? Will they stay tied to that town or do you lose them?

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Ouhei posted:

Are all outfits cash shop? Only stuff I see on the Marketplace in game are armor pieces.

Fisherman/trade/etc clothing is kind of halfway between? It looks different than your regular class armor and gives you bonus stats like outfits do, but it does replace all of your normal armor pieces when equipped. Might be worth looking into if you just want to play dressup and not care too much about stats. No idea if they're dye-able though.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013

Big L posted:

Quick question, what happens to your workers if you remove your lodging? Will they stay tied to that town or do you lose them?

It just doesn't let you remove lodging if there's a working using that lodging. You have to fire the worker first.

Rivv
Jul 13, 2005
Everything I do is motivated by stupidity

lewtt posted:

gently caress korea, this single +9 to +10 has cost me 6 million so far, not counting the failstack to +5

Are you doing anything in particular to earn those millions, or is it just money naturally accrued by playing?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I demand to see our executive pay contracts

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Lewtt has a gently caress load of contribution and energy and every time I open the guild screen it's higher, it wouldn't be hard for him to be making cash at this point.

Rivv
Jul 13, 2005

Drythe posted:

Lewtt has a gently caress load of contribution and energy and every time I open the guild screen it's higher, it wouldn't be hard for him to be making cash at this point.

I'm trying to learn his secrets.

Also, can anyone confirm if its best to level a weapon to +10 or +15 before upgrading its color?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rivv posted:

Also, can anyone confirm if its best to level a weapon to +10 or +15 before upgrading its color?

Probably depends on what is easier for your to get. The workshop + mats for upgrading the gear to blue, or the mats/stones to enchant the weapon. I pulled all my stones from my level 40 and enchanted my armor to +10 and weapon to +8 on my newbie alt and I basically never missed mobs +10 levels to me. Getting +7 on a weapon is pretty easy though.

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

Der Shovel posted:

Posting this guide here as there is a new version now. FYI this is also in the OP:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6eIthnNmwyALVl0cVpvcnI0NUk/view

It pretty much explains everything, repeatedly, and then more. Don't get overwhelmed.

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

Stanley Pain posted:

Probably depends on what is easier for your to get. The workshop + mats for upgrading the gear to blue, or the mats/stones to enchant the weapon. I pulled all my stones from my level 40 and enchanted my armor to +10 and weapon to +8 on my newbie alt and I basically never missed mobs +10 levels to me. Getting +7 on a weapon is pretty easy though.

Potato man learned us on this yesterday. The higher the rank (green, blue, gold) the lower the chance of a succesful upgrade. So you want to get to +15 before you rank up as it will be much harder go from +10 to +15 for a blue weapon than it will be for a green weapon.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Rivv posted:

There isn't a secret, if you do all the quests you find it sends your contribution through the roof. This is necessary if you want to start raking in the mega silver.

PROTIP FOR SILVER GLORY:

You want to really concentrate on being able to mass produce one type of trade pack, and assemble it yourself. I do this with copper bars atm but your mileage can vary, as well as the complexity. Pack up a bunch of them, move them via trade cart to the farthest city you can with a continuous connection. The profits will be absurd, so will your trade skill increase. Buy the better trader outfits to barter even harder. Raking in a million or more silver a day doing this is conservative, some people do 4-8m silver or more per day.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 8, 2016

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

You can farm level 50 mobs for loot also, no contribution or energy needed for that. So if you really like the combat go murder thousands of whatever it is you kill, catfish?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Drythe posted:

You can farm level 50 mobs for loot also, no contribution or energy needed for that. So if you really like the combat go murder thousands of whatever it is you kill, catfish?

Why not both? :v:

If you're going to be farming a lot of mobs at 50, reset your knowledge at the library till you get S rank. S rank rewards bonus loot.

Rivv
Jul 13, 2005

crazystray posted:

Potato man learned us on this yesterday. The higher the rank (green, blue, gold) the lower the chance of a succesful upgrade. So you want to get to +15 before you rank up as it will be much harder go from +10 to +15 for a blue weapon than it will be for a green weapon.

What about on a plain white yuria weapon? That's what I'm working on upgrading with stones now before doing its color rarity at all.. it's a +7 white. Does it make sense (or possible) to +10 a white before making it blue?

Kimsemus posted:

PROTIP FOR SILVER GLORY:

This is what I was looking for, i'm addicted to earning CP and energy, I'm just not sure how to utilize it best yet... I need to see what crates make sense for me

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Kimsemus posted:

Why not both? :v:

Exactly. That's why gardening is nice. Do what you described, and while you wait for the next batch of plants to grow, commit genocide.

Just saying there's options for whatever you want to do. If you don't like trading, cool, go be a murder hobo. Just try to die less than VideoGames VideoGames

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Even if you don't care about the node economy, it benefits you to unlock contribution points so you can rent one of those items that lets you get a free weapon/armor upgrade stone for free once per day.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Also I think this has been mentioned multiple times, but if you want to afk level breath or strength, take a controller and tie a string around both analog sticks. You will run in a circle and gain exp for them.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rivv posted:

Are you doing anything in particular to earn those millions, or is it just money naturally accrued by playing?
You accrue some 10 millions by level 50 or so even if you don't do anything particular and aren't all that lucky.

SoJ57261 posted:

I am not sure about this 1-2%, I was searching around yesterday and found 10% or something like this (on KR) after +15 but either way you will get a higher chance by failstacking, not sure how much though.
As far as I've talked to people, 40-50 black stones seem to be okay amount to use to get green weapon from +14 to +15, if one isn't failstacking, hence I infer some 2% there. Yeah, I'm aware that this is not how statistics work, but :effort:. 10% is very generous even for pre-post-+15, in my opinion, given that half of post-50 goons have had 20-ish fails on pre-+14 items at one or another stage.

Also, never not failstack. Don't be superstitious video gamer, for the love of god.

Rivv posted:

What about on a plain white yuria weapon? That's what I'm working on upgrading with stones now before doing its color rarity at all.. it's a +7 white. Does it make sense (or possible) to +10 a white before making it blue?
Yeah, Yuria is green (white items are mostly random trash without any effects) weapon so it makes total sense, and should be desirable, to get it to +15 (or whatever you feel like is enough for you), and only then make and remake it into blue until you roll it yellow.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 8, 2016

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe
How do I go about joining one of the goon guilds? Who can I message? Apologies if it's been covered in the thread, but I am very lazy

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Drythe posted:

Also I think this has been mentioned multiple times, but if you want to afk level breath or strength, take a controller and tie a string around both analog sticks. You will run in a circle and gain exp for them.

Some guy on a stream said you can also go into some house, mess with your keybinds + numlock your way to running/sprinting in circles. The house is so you have not obstacles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SombereroLad posted:

How do I go about joining one of the goon guilds? Who can I message? Apologies if it's been covered in the thread, but I am very lazy

hello, I don't know all the officers in ParksandRec but you can try whispering Grithok

I should get home in 5 hours and you can whisper me then if we still have a spot.