Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Siva68 posted:

I tried asking in the fighting thread and didn't get a response, so I'll try one more time in here instead.

So after a long time I'm looking to get a stick, I was looking at the TE2 and that seems to be sold out everywhere. Is the TES+ just as good, or is there a reason to hold out and hunt down a TE2? Or are there even better sticks that I'm not aware of?

In terms of stick lag Teyah (of https://www.teyah.net/sticklag/results.html) said that the TE2+ was way better than the TES+, which in turn was better than the old TE2. This is milliseconds level talk here though so you only have to care about it if everything else (including price) is equal in your mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Siva68 posted:

I tried asking in the fighting thread and didn't get a response, so I'll try one more time in here instead.

So after a long time I'm looking to get a stick, I was looking at the TE2 and that seems to be sold out everywhere. Is the TES+ just as good, or is there a reason to hold out and hunt down a TE2? Or are there even better sticks that I'm not aware of?

If you have a Gamestop around you, I would try them. In NYC there's like 7 in my area that have at least one of these sticks laying around.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

AnonSpore posted:

In terms of stick lag Teyah (of https://www.teyah.net/sticklag/results.html) said that the TE2+ was way better than the TES+, which in turn was better than the old TE2. This is milliseconds level talk here though so you only have to care about it if everything else (including price) is equal in your mind.

As you've mentioned, it's worth noting that those lag results do not matter. They will all perform admirably.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

Gunder posted:

I have a TES+ and really like it. It's the same quality level as the new TE2+, it's just not as easy to mod due to the top not having a hinge to make opening it easier. Same Sanwa parts. People on SRK have actually said that the s+ is slightly more sturdy due to the lack of a hinged top, so I'd go for the TES+.

Btw when you said TE2, I assume you mean TE2+, not TE2, as that's a different, older model.

Edit: For clarity:

This is the old TE2. It's PS4 compatible, but lacks the touchpad and L3 R3 buttons that the next two have. It has a hinged top which apparently sometimes squeaks and groans with the weight of mighty goon hands.

This is the TE2+. It's the most expensive of the three, and has a hinged top, complete with squeaking and groaning. It also has the touchpad and L3 R3 buttons.

This is the TES+. It's the same as the TE2+, but with a different form factor. It's a bit less wide (very slightly), and is based on the original TE model that was sold with SFIV. It lacks a hinged top, and apparently "feels more solid" than the others. It also has the touchpad and L3 R3 buttons.

Yeah my bad, I did mean the TE2+ After your post and the other responses I think I'm just gonna go for the TES+. Saves me a few bucks plus I think it looks a bit slicker than the TE2+ the more I look at them both.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
This game has good physics.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i have one of the newest old te2 models (the chun li sfv one) and its really nice. does anyone know if it has the thin plexi that people complained about or the thick plexi that people like? i've never used another te2 and as far as i can tell its super sturdy with no give at all but some people were saying te2's had flimsy top panels.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Real hurthling! posted:

i have one of the newest old te2 models (the chun li sfv one) and its really nice. does anyone know if it has the thin plexi that people complained about or the thick plexi that people like? i've never used another te2 and as far as i can tell its super sturdy with no give at all but some people were saying te2's had flimsy top panels.

TE2+ has the thick plexi.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Jmcrofts posted:

Chun looks appropriately confused.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

AnonSpore posted:

TE2+ has the thick plexi.

no + so i guess mine is thin. feels rock solid though. oh well

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

Real hurthling! posted:

no + so i guess mine is thin. feels rock solid though. oh well

the chun li model has the thick plexi

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I've definitely seen people on SRK complain about the new TE2+ with regards to the top feeling flimsy, but I have no hands on experience with it, and thus cannot speak to it's quality. That's why I mentioned it in the summary I did last page.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sick! Thats DOPE posted:

the chun li model has the thick plexi

WOOO

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Battle Lobbies seem 100% hosed, can't even get a list of new lobbies any more. Just an old list of the same people whose lobbies have long since been closed.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Battle Lobbies seem 100% hosed, can't even get a list of new lobbies any more. Just an old list of the same people whose lobbies have long since been closed.

Yeah I have been able to play with friends with no problems until now, but suddenly today it all broke.

Reznor
Jan 15, 2006

Hot dinosnail action.

Jmcrofts posted:

I am saying it actually does. That is why people wear a sportsbra. A girl laura's size would actually probably wear two sports bra to keep things in place.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Reznor posted:

I am saying it actually does. That is why people wear a sportsbra. A girl laura's size would actually probably wear two sports bra to keep things in place.

Well for one thing Laura would never have that much body fat boob considering shes' basically electric UFC fighting style but welp Capcom.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Also boobs are like bags filled with sand. Pretty sure Capcom nailed it

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Laura isn't real you guys.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nips are like naturally adhesive to fabrics or so i gather from all the cartoon boobs that have denied themselves to me

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

teagone posted:

Good character design is.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Good character design is.

Yeah I'm gonna need to see evidence if you're gonna say things like that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

teagone posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnsiZOJjfUg

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

Yeah I'm gonna need to see evidence if you're gonna say things like that.

Of good character design? Chunli's actually a good example(aside from her floaty nips). Same with alternative skin cammy.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There's a lot of cool SF chars

Laura is not one of them

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Birdie's pretty awesome too even though how he looked in Alpha is forever amazing.

Actually all the designs from the Alpha series were amazing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Alpha is still the best SF cast

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

British special forces scrounged up two fire hydrants for Cammy's forearms but were fresh out of pants.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You don't wear pants in espionage you were crotch huggers unless you're James Bond in which everyone you gently caress wears them

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Trykt's pointers helped because I went from around 500 to 1k this evening and squashed a bunch of baddies.

BTW Trykt, are you still in the RDU area? I haven't seen you in awhile, not since TFC from the year before last. Last year I got sick and couldn't attend, and you haven't seen me at any Raleigh stuff because I got bored of USF4 and I've just been going to Lost Ark mostly. You should come down some time, Ultradavid is gonna be in town this week.

Reznor
Jan 15, 2006

Hot dinosnail action.

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Well for one thing Laura would never have that much body fat boob considering shes' basically electric UFC fighting style but welp Capcom.

She is Brazilian. She bought them with her fight money, probably her butt to. It is probably the same doctor that did Jorge Kahwagi.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I can't remember Sean's move list at all aside from basketball and not-quite-a-hadouken.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

hiddenriverninja posted:

I can't remember Sean's move list at all aside from basketball and not-quite-a-hadouken.

it's all poo poo

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Well that one super used to be really OP at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzTb6kKb9ng

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

hiddenriverninja posted:

he also had the tackle, which is cool but the frame data made it poo poo, the shoryu-spike where he did a dp but then smashed you back down, the lovely tatsu, and Abel's overhead wheel kick.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
rip sean's target combo into hyper tornado

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I got many entirely-thanks-to-lag Sean wins in old XBL third strike and I cherish every rage quit and racial slur they created.

I really wish I had a capture card back then, Id love to see my old online adventures from a time when everyone used voice chat, nobody knew how to play, and a half a second of lag was about as best as youd get.

a realistic depiction of CVS2 online.

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Mar 9, 2016

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

So, I lost 10 or so matches and depleted all my LP before I finally got a ranked win with Laura. Glad I got the title but I don't think I'm going to use her much again. It's not that I'm good exactly with Chun, but I'd like to think I'm a little less embarrassing.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doM0pNiFw8s

Heres my bad Nash from last night. I know it's bad, especially in the middle where I think I just kinda forgot how to use my hands, but anything more specific would be awesome.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Slowly coming to the realization that while Necalli is a fun-rear end character to play around with friends and for certain matchups, I'm really not enjoying his shorter normals, nor the fact that I have to go from motions to charge for certain combos. Guess I'll have to find a new main. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

teagone posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyra_Gracie