Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I think that's Jaime in his golden armor and white cloak next to the high sparrow in the middle of the steps. Kinda looks like it's Lancel standing in the middle.

Edit: Oh and I'm pretty sure this is a shot of Young Ned and his lads approaching the Tower of Joy. Ned 2nd from the front.

Oh yeah, maybe Jaime goes up to negotiate. Feather helmet could be Randyll, since we know Randyll gets introduced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I've never read the books but aren't the Sparrows a ton more nuanced in them? Like they are a populist movement among the peasant population who have been decimated by the War of the 5 Kings instead of just some hyper religious SS group that sprung out of loving nowhere?

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

Lycus posted:

Oh yeah, maybe Jaime goes up to negotiate. Feather helmet could be Randyll, since we know Randyll gets introduced.

That's Mace.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I've never read the books but aren't the Sparrows a ton more nuanced in them? Like they are a populist movement among the peasant population who have been decimated by the War of the 5 Kings instead of just some hyper religious SS group that sprung out of loving nowhere?

They pretty much pop up out of nowhere, but they give a reason (riverlands are war-torn, leaderless, and starving)

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Sparrows (or the Faith Militant, rather) are explicitly a religious movement. So while they might not explicitly say "We hate the gays", the fact that homosexuality is frowned upon in Westeros culture and the goal of the Sparrows is to get away from the putrid excess of the upper class would make it a decent inference for the show writers.

Also I misremembered the name of Faith Militant when writing this post, and instead thought of Knights Militant. So while that might be a coincidence, it might also be a reference.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

meristem posted:

That's Mace.

Doesn't look fat enough to me.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

Lycus posted:

Doesn't look fat enough to me.

That's Mace. Here, have Chantal's video: https://youtu.be/QIR19M5B5z0 . (Chantal was the primary spoiler from Girona, where this was filmed). Look into the doc I posted upthread if you want to be spoiled about what's happening in the scene.

Randyll will be at Horn Hill.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

romanowski posted:

real talk i am very hype for davos loving up some night's watch traitors

Yeah, Liam Cunningham is the poo poo.

Also, Euron doesn't seem to be Crow's Eye.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
That actually was a pretty good trailer. I guess if House of Cards can rebound from an abysmal season maybe GoT can too? ___nah___

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

The second-by-second trailer breakdown you didn't want or need. I did it off a download of the Youtube so apologies if the time-stamps are a second or two off. http://docs.google.com/document/d/15QDt2JTVQgnFdac3pRCvhQajhvKApfaGi2a6iI5S9w8

Additional observations:

-Most battle scenes were Boltons. Likely fighting a wildling army.
-Jon likely resurrected...but I couldn't tell whose hands were on him. They could just be Mel's but I couldn't tell.
-Theon pretty clearly gets rescued by the Ironborn.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Something I just noticed at 1:01, Alliser Thorne standing back as someone hammers a door down at Castle Black.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

People keeps saying Theon, it's not Theon, it's really good family casting, just like Yara and Balon.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really want to see Jorah and Daario out looking for Dani.

The shot of Bran and the NIghts King, I feel like we're going to get some exposition there. Also, the scene of Mel breaking down and admitting how she hosed up looks like it might lead to something interesting.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

schmitty9800 posted:

The second-by-second trailer breakdown you didn't want or need. I did it off a download of the Youtube so apologies if the time-stamps are a second or two off. http://docs.google.com/document/d/15QDt2JTVQgnFdac3pRCvhQajhvKApfaGi2a6iI5S9w8

Additional observations:

-Most battle scenes were Boltons. Likely fighting a wildling army.
-Jon likely resurrected...but I couldn't tell whose hands were on him. They could just be Mel's but I couldn't tell.
-Theon pretty clearly gets rescued by the Ironborn.

I'm 99% sure that's not Theon getting dunked, but Euron.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
"Apologies for what you're about to see"

This line really should've been in the trailers for last season imo

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

romanowski posted:

i saw girls making out this season's gonna rock

Was that Yara/Asha?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Shneak posted:

Was that Yara/Asha?

Yeah it's the two of them making out.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Looks like D&D decided to totally nix Jaime and Cersei splitting up, which really does nothing to mitigate that unfortunate rape scene in season 4.

Really looking forward to Tower of Joy! So Arthur Dayne has two swords of the morning?

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

TOOT BOOT posted:

Yeah it's the two of them making out.

Yeah, I have a feeling I'm gonna be giving the ole hog a rubdown about that time.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Lycus posted:

I'm 99% sure that's not Theon getting dunked, but Euron.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Yeah, that's Pilou Asbæk.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
And it's also Euron, not Theon, on the rope bridge in the rain, presumably killing Balon.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Asha is the welding that hadn't been in the show for 4 years that took Ricky away right? It's just so hard to keep those names separated in my head!

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Osha :haw:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
You know what I didn't see in the trailer at all? Bad Pussy.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

You know what I didn't see in the trailer at all? Bad Pussy.

Do you want it, or do you need it?

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
who are the lesbians?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Some guy on Reddit thinks the Davos bit is Davos trying to prevent Jon from being resurrected which makes sense to me given how little he trusts Melisandre at this point. Maybe he intends to cut off the head of the corpse and that's 'I apologize for what you're about to see'

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Lycus posted:

Yeah, that's Pilou Asbæk.

#NotMyEuron. Seriously, how did they manage to make such a colorful character look that bland?

Pay Mads whatever he wants and reshoot the scenes.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Maybe they thought an eye patch on a badass pirate was a little too stereotypical.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Give him a peg leg and tri-corner hat too.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
He better get an eye patch by the end of the season or otherwise have some kind of hosed up eye. He's the Crow's Eye after all. Otherwise it will be the two-eyed "Three Eyed Raven" saying "thousand eyes and one" all over again.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if they'll change him to "Raven's Eye".

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lycus posted:

Do you want it, or do you need it?

The lack of any hints of Sand Snakes is just a plus.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

twistedmentat posted:

The lack of any hints of Sand Snakes is just a plus.

Yeah I was pretty pleased at that too. Literally the only hint of Dorne was that ship arriving in King's Landing with Jaime and Myrcella

Drowning In Terror
Dec 10, 2008
Robert Strong's armour looks kind of dented up in the shot where he's waltzing in behind Cersei, RIP new Lancel :(

Good teaser imo

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

There is definitely more Dorne, right? Or did they cast Dr. Bashir to sit, scowl, and say maybe 1 minute of dialogue across 10 episodes of one season with absolutely nothing he said having any bearing or weight on anything else in the story?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

hemophilia posted:

There is definitely more Dorne, right? Or did they cast Dr. Bashir to sit, scowl, and say maybe 1 minute of dialogue across 10 episodes of one season with absolutely nothing he said having any bearing or weight on anything else in the story?

At the very least Trystane will be in King's Landing. So there's that. I honestly don't care at this point if they drop it because it was done so poorly in Season 5.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

i could've sworn i read something about them renting out that spanish palace or whatever again but i can't remember where or when i read that so i'm probably full of poo poo

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

TOOT BOOT posted:

Some guy on Reddit thinks the Davos bit is Davos trying to prevent Jon from being resurrected which makes sense to me given how little he trusts Melisandre at this point. Maybe he intends to cut off the head of the corpse and that's 'I apologize for what you're about to see'

He says he's not a very good fighter and then apologizes for the quality of fighting the people he's about to murder are going to witness. It's one of them "jokes".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I actually think Davos is trying to prevent Jon's corpse from being burned and tries to get the loyal night's watch members to help him get it north of the wall where bran\bloodraven could reanimate it or something.

• Locked thread