Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

XboxPants posted:

How open is the Democratic Ohio primary? I see it listed as "semi-open"; are independents allowed in?

I ask since apparently that's one of the groups that's supporting Sanders in Michigan.

You must have registered to vote at least 30 days before the primary but are not required to register with a party until you get to the polling booth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Shifty Pony posted:

yeah my understanding is that it is basically spamming people with mentions on "Bernie-San is so dreamy!" links. i can't imagine that it has much positive effect.

That's exactly what it is. Using the facebook search engine to find friends and friends of friends who have "liked" Bernie and then spamming them incessantly. Facebook started banning people over it which obviously meant that FB was in the tank for Hilldawg.

Skeevy Mcgee
Feb 17, 2007

Yeah, it's not good when your candidate's speaking and you literally hear crickets.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

We know Trump wins NY but does Trump get NJ and PA?

NJ seems like a Trump state but my god does that state hate Christie; I could see people voting purely to stick it to him.

PA is weird, especially in the wastelands that aren't near Philly/Pitt. Lots of super christians, blue collar types, and turbo-racists...which I suppose skews toward Trump, but I feel like Kasich could do okay if he had the money/people to campaign in such a big state.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

people have been calling michigan lovely since way before two hours ago

Michigan gave us 8 Mile: the most quintessentially American movie.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Yeah... you go bernie...

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

lamentable dustman posted:

where the hell is Bernie talking from

where is the meat platter?

His Florida time share.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Minute Maid Sobe, Powerade, and such aren't accepted returns in Michigan, yeah.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Pretty clear the Sanders campaign didn't expect this to happen. Means their internal polling (if there was any) was also off.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

Please take this result and extrapolate it and explain how Bernie has a shot at the loving nomination.

Like I understand your desperate need to cling to something, anything, but Bernie cannot win the delegates he needs to win if he even narrowly wins Michigan after getting blown out AGAIN by 70 points.

Its an upset that could indicate he could do quite well in the rest of the midwest despite poor polling. It also showed he did less poorly with black voters in Mich, which could indicate he will do better with black voters outside of the South (or at least the midwest) and wont have such huge margins against him. Hillary still will very likely be the nominee, but this makes it not totally impossible like a severe loss the polls predicted for him here would be.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lamentable dustman posted:

where the hell is Bernie talking from

where is the meat platter?

Outside of some hotel or something he held a rally at in Florida today.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Skeevy Mcgee posted:

Yeah, it's not good when your candidate's speaking and you literally hear crickets.
Ah give him a break, he literally pulled that conference together in like five minutes.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
5 minutes for idaho, this is going to be really interesting because I don't think I have seen any projections for that state

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
I'm sorry I ever doubted the Political Revolution.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

Pretty clear the Sanders campaign didn't expect this to happen. Means their internal polling (if there was any) was also off.

I think it's safe to say that no matter what the results end up as, Michigan caught pretty much everyone by surprise.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

5 minutes for idaho, this is going to be really interesting because I don't think I have seen any projections for that state

Going to guess there was poo poo for turn out because : idaho :

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

In a "Oh god mike we sold all the campaign equipment already we gotta get to the pawn shop!" kinda way or a "Why did we just buy all this campaign equipment???" kinda way.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Concerned Citizen posted:

Apologizing won't change the fact that you'll be first against the wall :bernin:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Why Michigan polling was so off:

-Overestimated total Democratic turnout
-Underestimated how strong turnout would be for Sanders amongst individuals who sympathize with his weak stance on eliminating foreign terrorist organizations
-Failed to poll younger black voters' cellphones and overrepresented black voters with landlines
-Underestimated "gently caress Mitt" and Democratic crossover for Trump

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Concerned Citizen posted:

*crickets*

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Cruz is about to overtake Kasich.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

OAquinas posted:

Yeah, with 72% in, it would take a MS-style lopsided vote to deny Bernie that checkmark now. Let's check with Karl Rove!

Wayne is down to 56% Clinton, which is far more survivable. Had it gone full 2:1 it would have been waaaay closer for Bernie.

Chuck Todd: I am uncomfortable calling this for Bernie Sanders.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

:bernin:

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

fade5 posted:

Ah give him a break, he literally pulled that conference together in like five minutes.

It could have at least been somewhere NOT where crickets would be heard, like inside anything other than where it was.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mitt Romney posted:

Here's an up to date Fox MI poll

Clinton 66
Sanders 29

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Polsters done poo poo the bed.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Wayne County gave the world ICP right?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Yeah, the real loser tonight is the pollsters because lol, just lol.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

cruz' map on the nytimes website is basically concentric circles radiating outward from holland, michigan. i think it's a pretty good picture of where the religious conservatives are in michigan

and those guys weren't gonna go for kasich, i don't think. probably should've realized beforehand that trump's opposition was gonna be split between those guys for cruz and the anti-trump 'moderates' for kasich

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Shocking, Microsoft technology doesn't work worth a poo poo on live television. Unprecedented.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Philip Rivers posted:

Chuck Todd: I am uncomfortable calling this for Bernie Sanders.

Mu Cow
Oct 26, 2003

Unless all remaining votes in Michigan are from retired black women, I think Sanders has won.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Chuck Todd was right, by the way, Lyndon Larouche won the 2000 MI Democratic primary by default. Al Gore won the party-run caucus, which was at a later date.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sanders!

*crickets*

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

My Imaginary GF posted:

Why Michigan polling was so off:

-Overestimated total Democratic turnout
-Underestimated how strong turnout would be for Sanders amongst individuals who sympathize with his weak stance on eliminating foreign terrorist organizations
-Failed to poll younger black voters' cellphones and overrepresented black voters with landlines

- Large numbers of Clinton voters getting overconfident and voting in the Republican Primary.

Around 7% of self-identified Democrats voted in the Republican contest

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Joementum posted:

When Hillary said she'd eliminate lead as president she misspoke, she meant to say she'd eliminate her lead to become president.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Michigan

Hmmmmm...

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Maddow is bizarrely excited about Idaho and that's kinda scary.

e: Butch Otter? Really?

e2: oh my god really

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Shocking, Microsoft technology doesn't work worth a poo poo on live television. Unprecedented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIXQy8V-9po

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

blame the bernie cricket rally on the pollsters

• Locked thread