Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Hollismason posted:

This is great news overall though for Trump. Him winning big in Mi was great too.

I think he biggest news was Kasich's flop (which is good news for Trump). He underperformed expectations. If tonight gets Rubio out of the race though the long term winner is Cruz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

oystertoadfish posted:

greenpapers is estimating 19-13 cruz-trump as far as idaho delegates go, so that's not such a big dent in the end. minor narrative boost for the wax golem

The biggest thing is Rubio getting shut out before Hawaii.

What a mess.

What a waste.

What a big, fat mistake.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Bernice Anders posted:

Can't blame 538 for this one when every poll was wrong.

That's what polls-plus was for: to compensate for the shortcomings of polls.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Harlock posted:

Lyin Ted told Hawaii voters Rubio dropped out

Shots fired.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Rubio has to win Hawaii to keep the 'Minnesota + islands' coalition going strong

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I dont like this ted cruz guy

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Bernice Anders posted:

Can't blame 538 for this one when every poll was wrong.

You can blame them for the mealymouthed poo poo they're writing about "gut feelings" in hindsight, on what is supposed to be a data-driven analysis. Yeah, the data were wrong, but they also clearly weighted the data incorrectly. The right response is "yep, we were way wrong, along with everyone else; let's look at why!" instead of trying hopelessly to save face.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

That's what polls-plus was for: to compensate for the shortcomings of polls.

The worst part about this is every single poll from now until the general election is going to have 50% of people saying 'but look at Michigan'

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

HyperPuma posted:

got a call earlier today from my grandma in MI saying that everyone in the family was voting bernie

good work everyone
                  |/

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Trumpland = NE, Rustbelt, SE.

Trump's only chance in Idaho was if Rubio/Cruz split the Jesus/Space Jesus vote.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Mitt Romney posted:

The worst part about this is every single poll from now until the general election is going to have 50% of people saying 'but look at Michigan'

b-b-but bernie won by a margin of a statistical tie so

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Slate Action posted:

Rubio has to win Hawaii to keep the 'Minnesota + islands' coalition going strong

i wonder if the islands rubio wins have enough surface area to cover minnesota's lakes

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

i need to find another tweet for nonsense to put in the bernie thread...

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

HiHo ChiRho posted:

b-b-but bernie won by a margin of a statistical tie so

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

RedQueen posted:

Did you mean to post this instead

Well, yea, that goes without saying.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Montasque posted:

Trumpland = NE, Rustbelt, SE.

Trump's only chance in Idaho was if Rubio/Cruz split the Jesus/Space Jesus vote.

You don't think he can take California?

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Bernice Anders posted:

It's A. CNN already has 9 delegates to Trump.

I wouldn't necessarily take what CNN says as gospel when it comes to intricate delegate math.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Harlock posted:

Lyin Ted told Hawaii voters Rubio dropped out

Hey, now, it's not Ted's fault. All that happened was some random people on his campaign team sent around some messages that his opponent was dropping out based on a CNN report that didn't actually say the candidate was dropping out but merely speculated on its possibility. There's no ill intent or pattern there. It's just coincidence that it's the exact same thing that happened with Carson in Iowa.

Everyone's just mean to Ted. He'd never play dirty. Haven't you seen him pray?

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Mitt Romney posted:

No that's the best part.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
I've gotta say, while a lot of the 538 bashing is on point, Dave Wasserman's delegate tracker is invaluable.
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-2016/delegate-targets/republicans/

Wasserman is a really good numbers guy. It'll be interesting to see when tonight's delegate counts are put in.

Trump's outperformed his targets in MS and ID and matched his target in MI tonight, for those keeping track. Cruz outperformed in ID and underperformed in MS and MI. Rubio got goose-egged in all three.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Bernice Anders posted:

No that's the best part.

It's going to be the 2012 unskewing on steroids

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The Bernie baby died before he could see tonight...

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

STAC Goat posted:

Hey, now, it's not Ted's fault. All that happened was some random people on his campaign team sent around some messages that his opponent was dropping out based on a CNN report that didn't actually say the candidate was dropping out but merely speculated on its possibility. There's no ill intent or pattern there. It's just coincidence that it's the exact same thing that happened with Carson in Iowa.

Everyone's just mean to Ted. He'd never play dirty. Haven't you seen him pray?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mitt Romney posted:

It's going to be the 2012 unskewing on steroids

unskew deez nuts bitch!!

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Nanomashoes posted:

The Bernie baby died before he could see tonight...

do I dare ask what this is?

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

oystertoadfish posted:

i wonder if the islands rubio wins have enough surface area to cover minnesota's lakes

i guess i could add up the surface area in this list and then see if it's bigger than PR+w/e but gently caress that. buttfuck that. if the table wasnt loving BADLY FORMATTED i coulda done it already loving WIKIPEDIANS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lakes_in_Minnesota

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

You don't think he can take California?

California without Rubio is most likely a Trump state. I just can't see California Republicans voting for Ted Cruz.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

SIDS is loving horrible.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Montasque posted:

California without Rubio is most likely a Trump state. I just can't see California Republicans voting for Ted Cruz.

I really don't know what states can even be won by not-Trumps going forward. All I have is:

- Hawaii tonight, maybe?
- The Idaho results suggest that Cruz will take Utah.
- Kasich has a shot at Ohio
- ???

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Only if you want to be sad.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

google bernie baby and then be sad

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Nonsense posted:

SIDS is loving horrible.

Oh, after googling it that's pretty sad.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Montasque posted:

If this is competitive to the end, California will be extremely weird in its relation between vote total and delegate count. California is Winner Take All by Congressional District (every Congressional district is worth 3 delegates, and each Congressional District is WTA). That means the two dozen Republicans living in downtown San Francisco are voting for the same number of delegates as people in heavily Republican districts in San Bernadino or in inland areas. That means that there's considerable potential for the very few Republicans who live in heavily Democratic areas to seriously alter the course of who wins CA.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Someone dressed their baby like Bernie and took it to rallies, and it died because of how badly Bernie lost South Carolina.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

well this thread got weird

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Jewel Repetition posted:

Someone dressed their baby like Bernie and took it to rallies, and it died because of how badly Bernie lost South Carolina.

Pretty sure it died of shame from having Bernouts for parents

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Montasque posted:

in the most recent poll (conducted from 12/16 to 1/3? that's not how polling loving works. whatever) cruz got 25% to trump's 23%
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/ca/california_republican_presidential_primary-5322.html
i still think you're right. cruz has mormons, midwestern movement evangelicals, and people who really believe that everything ever should be obstructed, and only the last one really seems like a big part of the californian republican scene

it's literally on the last day of the primary season though so barring something really crazy it won't matter

ive never been to orange county but i've been in the central valley and that's just as much of a rural hellhole as anywhere else in buttfuck republican real america. they feel like trump voters but maybe they've got that midwestern church feel that makes you vote for cruz instead of that southern pretend church feel that makes you vote for trump

i think the background of the central valley farmers is dust bowl migrants, okies, and hey ted cruz won oklahoma! so maybe he gets those republican CDs. the point about how all the democratic CDs will be just as much of a big deal is good though. hell, there's gonna be like 21 republicans in like compton who have just as much of a say as miles and miles of crazy rear end farmers

oystertoadfish has issued a correction as of 06:45 on Mar 9, 2016

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Patter Song posted:

If this is competitive to the end, California will be extremely weird in its relation between vote total and delegate count. California is Winner Take All by Congressional District (every Congressional district is worth 3 delegates, and each Congressional District is WTA). That means the two dozen Republicans living in downtown San Francisco are voting for the same number of delegates as people in heavily Republican districts in San Bernadino or in inland areas. That means that there's considerable potential for the very few Republicans who live in heavily Democratic areas to seriously alter the course of who wins CA.

That sounds nuts and all and really fun but it feels like three months in this election is the equivalent to thirty years in normal ones so it's pointless to even think about it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Aliquid posted:

well this thread got weird

like rick ross, ycs cry only when babies die

• Locked thread