Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

foutre posted:

Sonoran's also pretty bad, but Fireworkmaw can make up for a lot.

Imo corki is pretty solid, except for Red Baron. Heimer also has a bunch of really solid skins.

E: although snow day bard is the best skin in the game and bard is the best aesthetics of any champ so he of course wins overall.

I have toboggan corki and not only is it arguably the worst legendary skin in the game, it looks unbelievably stupid now with the package.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
And Yorick has had literally zero new skins since his release in June 2011.

What a dumpster fire of a champion.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Alris posted:

Who's Yorick?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Alris posted:

Taric hasn't had a new skin since April 2010 when he got the best skin in the game.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

The Shortest Path posted:

Taric hasn't had a new skin since April 2010 when he got the best skin in the game.

Grimdark Taric is from 2011!!!

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

loving Riot.

Also holy poo poo I just got home and finally got a good look at him, holy lol at his tiny baby legs.

https://youtu.be/-o0Qp5J_Oo8

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I got a Red post to say they are planning to do something for Taric similar to Fiora where there was a new skin soon after his relaunch whenever that is, so I have hope.

Really the sad thing is that Sion hasn't gotten any skins since his rework, but I think Sion is also the champion who is least played with a skin in the game. Which makes some sense to me because his base model is really drat good.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Sion is just Garrosh Hellscream.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

They are both dead and nobody cares? :rimshot:

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Lady Naga posted:

I just had a mental image of a league MMO where you pick between 'caster minion' and 'melee minion' as your only classes and all the raids are you fighting champions

"DON'T STAND IN THE DECIMATING SMASH YOU FUCKS"

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

i was gonna link this gently caress youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :mad::mad::mad:

Lady Naga posted:

What do you think about Urgot? He seems like a well designed cohesive champion.

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Mar 9, 2016

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I haven't played since I linked Draven

is Evelynn playable yet

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Servaetes posted:

What do you think about Urgot? He seems like a well designed cohesive champion.

I always think his name is Urdnot because of Mass Effect.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Doctor Goat posted:

is Evelynn playable yet

Very yes

edit: as proof, I got obliterated yesterday by an Eve-only smurf http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=shotsonmars

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

I haven't played since I linked Draven

is Evelynn playable yet

Yeah, I got counterjungled by an eve a couple of nights ago so hard I almost didn't want to keep playing. Once she gets that advantage it's not hard for her to snowball, either. I hope she gets nerfed into the ground though because there isn't a champion in the game ever as infuriating as Eve.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

lol if you think any skin is better than Heartseeker Varus

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
the best skin in the game is quite clearly PROJECT: Zed

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

Grimdark Taric is from 2011!!!

Taric has not gotten a skin since Armor of the Fifth Age.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Alien Soul early trip report.

Laning is pretty safe because your glowy balls execute minions. Probably either max Q (stun) or W (Balls go outward and spin faster) first.

The Q is like an Anivia Q, but you can't immediately detonate it, which makes it really hard to get away from assassins.

The flight thing on his E is pretty cool, you can set up sweet multi-person stuns, but it's pretty drat hard.

He actually really shits out damage with a few items.

Seems like RoA>Rylai's>Boots is core. I feel like a Tear would be really good because his W is channeled, but it sets you back a lot if you get that early instead of building RoA.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I like how star dragon's special effects can just be replaced with wind thunder theme poo poo and it would still make sense.

It's nice to have another tanky ap jungler though.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
To yorick haters itt

Please do not say bad things about my good friend york maury

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Spiros posted:

Yeah, I got counterjungled by an eve a couple of nights ago so hard I almost didn't want to keep playing. Once she gets that advantage it's not hard for her to snowball, either. I hope she gets nerfed into the ground though because there isn't a champion in the game ever as infuriating as Eve.

Clearly you've never played against an Udyr. Hello champion that you can't chase because he's moving at least 100MS faster than anybody else.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
https://youtu.be/Sk_9M0fcSGI
I am now excited for Syrian doll (this is what my phone's swipe keyboard put in for aurelian sol so I'm sticking with it )

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Sol seems very much my poo poo.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Also here's my money idea: release draven draven as a chroma for every draven skin so that way we can have the different axe styles and hit sounds while also looking dumb as gently caress

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

The Shortest Path posted:

Taric has not gotten a skin since Armor of the Fifth Age.

To be fair, why would you ever need another Taric skin after that?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Jhin's Trivia Page posted:

His quote "You only understand harmony. Discord is required for contrast." could be a reference to the opposing ideals of Harmony and Discord from the television series My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic by Lauren Faust.

ohhh nooooooo...

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lady Naga posted:

ohhh nooooooo...

Honestly if you look through the Skins and Trivia pages of everything on that wiki someone has put in an un-sourced statement about how X is referencing this anime/My Little Pony/popular cartoon.

Sad lonely people will read into anything and everything hoping to draw connections and say "SEE MY X AND Y WORK TOGETHER SO IF X IS GOOD Y MUST BE TOO"

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

The insane knee-jerk reactions to new champs are so funny. People are already flipping the gently caress out because Alien Soul can pull off a huge aoe stun. Of course, in order to do this:

-Enemy team must be together
-In mid lane
-Must be post 20 minutes
-E must be off it's long cooldown
-your team must be in position to engage immediately

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Gridlocked posted:

Honestly if you look through the Skins and Trivia pages of everything on that wiki someone has put in an un-sourced statement about how X is referencing this anime/My Little Pony/popular cartoon.

Sad lonely people will read into anything and everything hoping to draw connections and say "SEE MY X AND Y WORK TOGETHER SO IF X IS GOOD Y MUST BE TOO"

Trivia pages on literally every wikia are the best things since they tend to contain the worst English and the best speculation.

In general the League wikia is loving terrible, if it wasn't such a massive undertaking I'd make one myself because it's honestly embarrassing how crappy it is, especially compared to Valve's "official" wikis or even Smite's. Is League really hard to datamine or something? Why is Jhin the only Champ with a quotes page? Why is 7/8ths of the "Champion" page just copy/pasted blog posts? Why are the skins and trivia section combined!?

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Aurelion Sol's ultimate is so loving disappointing. How can Riot have such a huge department of creative people and designers and that piddly poo poo is the best they could come up with? Any person who browses Wikipedia for five minutes on the birth and death of stars would get a dozen ideas on some big epic spell for his ultimate. This thing is like some early iteration that they talk about later on like "this was one of the earlier versions of his ultimate but it was scrapped because while it had good interaction with his kit it felt underwhelming and low impact and didn't fit his theme very well". Even if it did decent damage you're only using it to shove melee people away and get someone into a good position for your Q/W, so it's just a vehicle for his other spells. Some PR shill even said on Reddit that they went with this because they needed some sort of dragon's breath attack to make him feel like a proper dragon. This isn't some epic dragon's breath, it's a sneeze. I'm ranting but I'm a big astronomy nerd and this is such a big letdown. Everything else about him is awesome and the part that should be the coolest thing about him is basically copy/pasted from Syndra's E.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Rumble has a really cool and unique mechanic but his kit feels disjointed like a lot of old kits do before reworks.

I'm curious, what exactly makes you think his kit's disjointed? I like his kit a lot

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

im curious how well sol will be able to proxy and whether he'll have enough bad matchups to even want to

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I was a little sad when I heard they took that early dragon concept character out behind the woodshed, but then Aurelion Sol.

Also gently caress yeah, Meowkai

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Mar 9, 2016

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Aurelion Sol's ultimate is so loving disappointing. How can Riot have such a huge department of creative people and designers and that piddly poo poo is the best they could come up with? Any person who browses Wikipedia for five minutes on the birth and death of stars would get a dozen ideas on some big epic spell for his ultimate. This thing is like some early iteration that they talk about later on like "this was one of the earlier versions of his ultimate but it was scrapped because while it had good interaction with his kit it felt underwhelming and low impact and didn't fit his theme very well". Even if it did decent damage you're only using it to shove melee people away and get someone into a good position for your Q/W, so it's just a vehicle for his other spells. Some PR shill even said on Reddit that they went with this because they needed some sort of dragon's breath attack to make him feel like a proper dragon. This isn't some epic dragon's breath, it's a sneeze. I'm ranting but I'm a big astronomy nerd and this is such a big letdown. Everything else about him is awesome and the part that should be the coolest thing about him is basically copy/pasted from Syndra's E.

Unfortunately, the 'big channelled damage spell that resembles a dragon's breath on an AoE mage' is already taken by Vel'Koz and it's pretty much the only interesting thing Vel'Koz does, so.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Lady Naga posted:

ohhh nooooooo...

impressive of my little pony to invent music theory

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Aurelion looks like velkoz 2.0 in that he'll have a loving badass kit but suck really bad.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Aurelion looks like velkoz 2.0 in that he'll have a loving badass kit but suck really bad.

Is it opposite day

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

What if wisp balls scaled and never went away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Tequila Sunrise posted:

The insane knee-jerk reactions to new champs are so funny. People are already flipping the gently caress out because Alien Soul can pull off a huge aoe stun. Of course, in order to do this:

-Enemy team must be together
-In mid lane
-Must be post 20 minutes
-E must be off it's long cooldown
-your team must be in position to engage immediately

So it's perfect for soloq

• Locked thread