Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
does the Chieftain totem fire immunity really work with RF, because :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

ronya posted:

yes. that's sort of the whole point of it actually.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

ronya posted:

I found this video from alpha; looks interesting

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Can a mob get burned by more than one righteous fire at a time?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Phobophilia posted:

Can a mob get burned by more than one righteous fire at a time?

No, but they can by a RF totem and a searing bond totem at the same time. With the AOE gem and the templar+witch nodes you can get a pretty good coverage with the two totems.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

what are the main builds that take advantage of bino's? i had one drop from a ghosted vaal area boss.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

baram. posted:

what are the main builds that take advantage of bino's? i had one drop from a ghosted vaal area boss.

It's as good as rare daggers people try to sell for 15 exalts for physical dagger builds, like Reave, Spectral Throw, and Lightning Strike.

E: For reference a Bino's with 9.8% crit and 235 pdps matches a 307 pdps dagger with 7.5% crit for the most part before you factor in the bonus crit multiplier Bino's gives. There are no daggers for sale in Perandus SC that match a high roll Bino's, and whenever I have played dagger builds in the past the ones that can compete with Bino's are always being sold for 15 exalts or more and tend to not even be better because they don't give crit multi.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 9, 2016

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

RossCo posted:

Do people just ignore the "Dont kill dudes" variant when they have inappropriate builds? I'm running Cyclone and the precision targeting really isn't in my skillset.

The exiles are a lot faster than the guards so you can kite them away from the group then burst the exile down. I'm even able to do so with Spark so Cyclone should be fine.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Bay Area goons: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1608788

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Started a new character, had a Tabula drop at level 3, and promptly bricked it.

Aww, yes. :rolldice:

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
The lengths people go through to invent some sort of RNG "trick"... And get viewers

https://youtu.be/Dw11eaws-bE

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

climboutonalimb posted:

The lengths people go through to invent some sort of RNG "trick"... And get viewers

https://youtu.be/Dw11eaws-bE

You uh...you know the streamers doing Kuduku RNG poo poo is a joke, right?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Safari Disco Lion posted:

The gently caress it is. 6led both of my voltaxics with that method.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

funmanguy posted:

The gently caress it is. 6led both of my voltaxics with that method.

A+, highly recommend, would rub Kuduku again

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Mystery Prize posted:

I can't handle owing people 100 hours of coin farming!

If I actually sell the drat thing at that price everyone who helped will receive a cut.

check your pm's on poe website

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
Anyone building Flameblast in this league? Or has anyone built it in the past care to shed some light?

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscr...3zviPAf8Wz5N_xM

Right now I am emphasizing burning damage and ignite chance on the passive tree. Is that a good idea? I am obviously still grabbing all the spell and ele/fire damage I can.

Also I'm not sold on my ascendancy choices. Oh yeah and it's SC.

I'm kinda winging it when it comes to gearing. Obviously going to craft a +2 fire / +spell damage staff once I find an ilvl 58+ one.

Really just looking for general advice from anyone who has experience with building Flameblast.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

does this game normally get so many patches?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Awesome! posted:

There's some serious stability issues so far that they haven't quite nailed down yet.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Awesome! posted:

Yeah my dad uninstalled it cause too many patches and it's ugly. I told him to get it from poe.com because steam had a lot of downtime at the time.

Now I play on steam because stupid achievements.

Burno
Aug 6, 2012

Vanguard Warden posted:

As another guy said, health is recovered whenever I block with Bone Offering up, and whenever anything gets hit by a Blade Vortex.

For mana reservation, I run Arctic Armor for the damage reduction because I spend so much time standing still while charging up vortex stacks. Right now I'm also running Discipline and Vitality to keep my energy shield high even while casting. The primary weakness of high-block builds is getting one-shot, and Mind Over Matter can only help with that if you have around ~43% of your maximum life as spare energy shield whenever you get hit.

question for you, what level are your links for Bone Offering? Mine are 15 now with CWDT requiring like 1800 damage, and I am thinking I may have gone too far... (but that block chance)

This build is crazy fun

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Awesome! posted:

Normally it doesn't, this time it had some stability issues (read: game crashes) that it didn't have before 2.2 so they've been working hard to fix those.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Burno posted:

question for you, what level are your links for Bone Offering? Mine are 15 now with CWDT requiring like 1800 damage, and I am thinking I may have gone too far... (but that block chance)

This build is crazy fun

I've set mine to CwDT-Bone Offering-Increased Duration, I say go for max level, screw how much damage it takes to trigger. It forms a feedback loop: if you're taking damage, then your defences will automatically go up. I have a level 1 CwDT-Desecrate-Tempest Shield on a separate link, to drop a steady supply of corpses to explode, and to make sure that +3% block is always available.

I've found that linking CwDT-Desecrate-Bone Offering isn't reliable, and won't reliably drop desecrate corpses before the offering goes off. But that could come down to the link order, so maybe I need something that goes Red --> Green --> Blue in clockwise order. Has anyone found that to work properly?

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.

Burno posted:

This build is crazy fun

I've been keeping it as high of a level as possible. Not only does the block chance scale with gem level, but the life gained on block does as well, so keeping it updated is important.

The higher amount of damage needed for it trigger isn't much of an issue as it's a defensive link anyway. If I'm not getting hurt enough for it to trigger, then I don't really need it.

Phobophilia posted:

I've found that linking CwDT-Desecrate-Bone Offering isn't reliable, and won't reliably drop desecrate corpses before the offering goes off. But that could come down to the link order, so maybe I need something that goes Red --> Green --> Blue in clockwise order. Has anyone found that to work properly?

I've tried a bunch of different configurations, and none of them work. I'm pretty sure Desecrate takes too long to spawn the corpses, so Bone Offering won't have targets available in time. The second trigger will work, obviously. Your idea is probably the best solution.

Vanguard Warden fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Mar 9, 2016

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

So... Labyrinth speedrunning.

I know they haven't put in the thing where the fastest runs each day get prizes, but after doing a bunch of runs today to try to get good enchants on my gear, I've realized that the speedrunning game is actually gonna be a lot shittier than I thought originally.

I timed myself with a stopwatch on a few later runs after I had gotten a rhythm going, and ended up with a 5:14 time today with some dumb running around and bad speed gear. The layout today was 3 maps, Izaro 1, 2 maps, Izaro 2, 2 maps, Izaro 3. Of these, 1C's door to Izaro 1 was right next to where you come out of so it only took like 10 seconds to get through that room, and 3A was a complete tossup about whether the game made you do a lever puzzle that required backtracking through a lot of spike floor traps and dart traps or you could just run through it quickly, though the maps you could just run through were very rare.

The normal maps took me like 25 seconds to just run through. On the speedruns you just completely ignore all the traps and run through them. This means that dart traps and spike floor traps can gently caress you over, and honestly going through them fast has way more to do with getting lucky with layouts than actually figuring out how to avoid the traps. I was only using 10% movespeed boots and did not have a Silver flask in addition to my Quicksilver of Adrenaline to get 20% extra movespeed. I'm pretty confident maximizing movespeed now that Pathfinder exists is faster than Whirling Blades but it is probably slower than some kind of poopsock movement skill setup. With 40% extra movespeed from onslaught + better boots I could probably shave 3-5 seconds off per map, and save around 20 seconds worth of walking across the run. This is likely where I'm the most off because maybe people can get through each of the maps in 10-15 seconds, where I'm guessing around 20 seconds if everything goes well.

I killed each phase of Izaro in 5-6 seconds, and it would still take me 45 seconds from entering the Aspirant's Challenge room to exiting it. Izaro spends a long loving time running around trying to hit you after his hp stops moving down. Maybe if I did more damage and killed it in 2 seconds he would go down the platform faster, but I can't imagine ever saving more than like 2 seconds per fight by killing him any faster. This will probably be an actual big deal meaning the people who will consistently win each day might be Blade Vortex characters since that should burn him down the fastest. If it makes a difference, you could probably cut this time down to 40 seconds for the first two fights, and however long it takes for Izaro to come up and then die in the 3rd fight.

Also there's 9 load screens between first gaining control in the Labyrinth and killing Izaro. Good luck with that poo poo if you're someone who takes 2 seconds longer per load screen than someone who is actually competitive; 18 seconds is a ridiculously long amount of time when you consider how fast the Labyrinth clears will be.

It's gonna be a massive RNGfest of trying until you get maps where you don't take a wrong turn and there's no puzzles requiring you to run around and hit switches. It's going to hugely depend on how fast you can load screens of the game. Also there will realistically only ever be 1 or 2 builds that can be competitive in running through it at all. Pathfinder > Champion > everyone else for actually running through the maps, so if running is the best way then Pathfinder will be the best. Also the build will probably have to be able to kill each Izaro phase in like 2-3 seconds to compete, which again restricts the builds that can do it by a lot. And, well, if time spent on load screens matters quite a bit for 12 minute solo burst races, imagine imagine how bad it will be for the labyrinth runs where you spend like 20 seconds on each map and the total time is in the 4:30 range.

Also now I have a 75/24 Rat's Nest with +2 Arc chains on it. It's the first actual useful enchant I've gotten for it but I'm pretty sure it's still not worth trying to sell since Rat's Nest isn't very good for crit casters anyways.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Mar 9, 2016

Ovenmaster
Feb 22, 2006
I am the master of ovens for some reason.

The reason Izaro spends a lot of time farting around in the first 2 phases is because he's waiting for all the fonts/portals to have appeared. He'll always disengage the second the last one pops up. Since you can't speed those up, I guess his TTK can only ever be that low.

edit: if the font/portal has already started coming up from the floor. It seems if the animation never starts before he's beaten down, he can run off without it ever coming up.

Ovenmaster fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Mar 9, 2016

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

I'm in Chicago (connected to DC because the game says that's the best option) and I'm getting crazy lag spikes the last few days, is this normal?

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

I'm a couple hours north of Chicago, also connected to DC, and haven't had any issues.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

KillerQueen posted:

I'm in Chicago (connected to DC because the game says that's the best option) and I'm getting crazy lag spikes the last few days, is this normal?

no, this was a big launch and I guess they didn't buy enough servers/bandwidth

also some lag may be on your side because the new graphics seem to be unoptimized as hell

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Well this didn't take long:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exCQ_BcnaXE

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

what is even happening

baram. posted:

can someone link a RF build/guide? it's something that's always been interesting to me but I dont know poo poo about how to make one.

do people just use totems for it nowadays?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1510181

that's the "go-to" RF totem guide

it is medium paced throughout the whole game (well, a bit annoying before you get "totems are immune to fire" but not awful). Once you get a 5L everything dies in the same amount of time. I've been steadily progressing upwards on more difficult maps (up to t10) and I haven't really died other than when I didn't know the boss mechanic. I've never identified maps but that hasn't affected me much because RF totems is really good.

Oh there's a difficult boss? Place totem, hide behind wall. The totems even taunt enemies once you get the second ascendency points. Merc Lab was easy at 70, and not terrible at the other difficulties because RF allows you to focus on dodging stuff. Just remember to click a totem near enemies once in a while.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Do item effects like % of physical damage converted as added damage from taste of hate, or physical attack life leech or similar effects work on physical spells like blade vortex?

Or would only things that didn't specifically mention physical attack work on blade vortex?

theshim
May 1, 2012

If it says physical damage, it'll work with BV. If it's physical attack damage, it won't, as BV is not an attack. Things like Hatred work with BV, but to leech with it you need either the leech gem linked or something like Warlord's Marked.

It's a spell, it works as a spell, but it deals and scales off physical damage.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Do item effects like % of physical damage converted as added damage from taste of hate, or physical attack life leech or similar effects work on physical spells like blade vortex?

Or would only things that didn't specifically mention physical attack work on blade vortex?

Take this wand from many leagues ago. This wand is very bad for spell casting, but an decent starter wand for using Kinetic Blast or Power Siphon (nobody uses power siphon anymore).

The increased physical damage and flat physical damage are both local which is why the attack damage is kind of high for a wand. The increased fire damage is global (it would effect Herald of Ash or a fire spell) as is the spell damage implicit. If I had a Taste the flask would boost the attack damage on it, and any physical spells cast using this wand.

The majority of life leech on items and in the passive tree is attack based. Blade Vortex is a spell so you will have to find another way to leech from it. To leech with spells you need to use the life leech gem, warlords mark curse, use certain uniques that let you leech with any damage, or be one of several classes that change that with ascendancy points. You can also craft elemental leech from a level 5 Catarina to leech with elemental damage. So you could craft "0.2% of Cold Damage Leeched as Life" and then leech from your hatred aura and Taste of Hate, but that isn't going to give you back a lot of life so its not worth it unless you only deal one type of elemental damage.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Leech

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 9, 2016

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
I finally joined the Cadiro train. Running A3N this morning and hit Cadiro -- Tabula for 109 coins. Which is great,because I needed one before I hit level 50 (A3C). Life is good!

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Safari Disco Lion posted:

lol joke's on you, have fun never getting a 6l ever after angering the dark lord kuduku

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Shinino Kage posted:

I finally joined the Cadiro train. Running A3N this morning and hit Cadiro -- Tabula for 109 coins. Which is great,because I needed one before I hit level 50 (A3C). Life is good!

Vaal it

theshim
May 1, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
What map do people have the best luck finding him on?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What map do people have the best luck finding him on?

It's random so there will be no right answer. But any A style map(straight shot no turns or back tracking) should be the easiest to run into him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
If we're talking end game maps it doesn't matter much as you'll be full clearing them anyways so the chance of missing Cadiro is really low. For farming just him, any smaller zone that you can explore quickly is ideal. I saw people having decent luck with Mud Flats and Fetid Pool, Dried Lake is also decent if you still get xp there.

• Locked thread