Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Don't half-rear end poo poo. Contrast that to Spotter, which is much easier to obtain, infinitely usable, and you get other useful skills along the way. The trip mines have a range/LoS bonus, sure, but they can also get destroyed, so that seems like a wash to me. They don't stack up well at all.

It sounds less like your complaint is "the Tech tree needs a rework" and more "Trip Mines suck the large fat one" which is what I've been saying this entire time, but you don't seem to listen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

On a sort of more serious note the trouble with Technician is not only that it's (almost) never(?) had any sort of rebalance to the best of my knowledge.
it did get a rework but it didn't fix the fundamental problems with tech

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Skunkrocker posted:

It sounds less like your complaint is "the Tech tree needs a rework" and more "Trip Mines suck the large fat one" which is what I've been saying this entire time, but you don't seem to listen.

The two claims are entirely complimentary.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Quick and dirty buff to tripmines, 10% chance to regain a mine every time you pick up an ammo box. Boom, done.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Not even that, just guarantee one trip mine after using an ammo box but limit it to x number per heist. Also you should be able to carry way more. Like 12 trip mines. That would be lovely.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

literally the only reason to take technician was for the headshot damage tier bonus but with the advent of perk decks the only points i ever put in it (if any) is nerves of steel and maaaaaaaaaybe sharpshooter basic

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
shockproof and bulletproof are V Gud and so are drill skills (ace all of them except for silent drilling)

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
I'd like to see the Technician tree get some skills that basically modify how your weapon performs. I assume a Technician would tinker with that junk. Someone mentioned reloading explosives faster and explosive resistance, and I think those are good ideas. But also stuff like chance for bullet penetration, Mag Plus not being at the top of the drat tree, maybe a concealment bonus for some class of weapons, I dunno. Anything to give Tech more synergy with other trees beyond "get Bulletproof and ICTV."

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Just as a headsup, Ulf Andersson's new company 10 Chambers Collective has started sending emails out on their "Ambassadors" mailing list- I just signed up for it, so I'll share any info I get with the thread if it's something worth knowing/mocking.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Technician just needs to condense its existing garbage fire of a skill layout with drills, turrets, mines and shockproof and get a lot more tricks up its sleeve with either weapons (like adding explosive damage to guns or amplifying and improving the performance of existing boomers) or more traps and toys to deploy in the field. It already has the ability to take two deployables in the field, its just unfortunately a poo poo show of a selection between a limited number of C4 blocks or a turret that gets hosed by shields and winters. So it should at least be able to be turned into a drone to fly around the shield and get revenge.

It has little to no use in modern stealth, so just play up its loud capability.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
all this talk of "technician this, technician that", i dont give a gently caress

i just want a melee-oriented skill tree

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

BillmasterCozb posted:

all this talk of "technician this, technician that", i dont give a gently caress

i just want a melee-oriented skill tree

Sociopath exists, what more do you want

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Hector's greatest failure and the only thing I'm looking forward to with a Killing Floor crossover. If The Dragon is ever made and put into KF2 that is.

What I want is to fist of the north star cops. Jabbing them with a flag pole isn't enough, I want to punch them and get distance with good hits. I want to duke boot a Cloaker in his face. I want to hear Chains make this noise as I drop kick a pig to death.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Mar 9, 2016

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dr Cheeto posted:

Sociopath exists, what more do you want

I want to run while charging a melee attack, especially if the characters scream while doing so :black101:

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

BillmasterCozb posted:

I want to run while charging a melee attack, especially if the characters scream while doing so :black101:

I already feel like I'm making some sort of cavalry charge when I use the flag, sprinting at the same time would be hilarious.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
https://gfycat.com/ZestyGlisteningIndianelephant

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
I don't play enough hotline: if the barcode is rockets or minks,etc will any rocket barcode or mink work or only one of them work? I've never seen the first correct barcode fail.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

swims posted:

I don't play enough hotline: if the barcode is rockets or minks,etc will any rocket barcode or mink work or only one of them work? I've never seen the first correct barcode fail.

Any.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Quick buff to Technician:

Step 1.) Make tripe mines a grenade that only Techs have access to instead of a separate deployable.

Step 2.) Give Techs a small% chance to get back grenades.

Step 3.) Make C4 a separate deployable rather than "turn your tripmines into C4" which is dumb.

Step 4.) Give Techs the ability to trigger their tripmines remotely instead of with a laser.

Done.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Tripe mines are a good name considering they turn those pigs inside out.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Thanks

Tech tree ideas

make sentries moveable. Ace= player controllable or at least if you mark a special you can change the fire direction.

Kilmer or something on par. Something like smg quick sight+ stability. ace= run reload + movement increase in accuracy.

High level skill to replenish asset bags with current inventory/ downs remaining, not applicable to player placed bags. Ace= Move them.

Tracking device you can put on an uncuffed civ. Call it blackmail or something and basic gives you a random but possibly significant instant cash or rarely offshore bonus (someone like scientist would be more than random civ and possibly huge offshore). ace = makes them able to trade even if they get off the map. Would not be a new equipment. Limit 1 max.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
To be honest I'm kind of surprised Kilmer is in the Mastermind tree at all, what with them saying that its all about pistols. And then suddenly a rifle focused skill outside of the tree that's supposed to have rifle skills.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

The modder buddiez I mentioned before are now testing a full-fledged level editor. In-game. You can drop in and out of gameplay with it.

:getin:

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Possible fixes for the tech tree: 1/3= 4 point Aced skill. 4/8= 12 point Aced skill. Not all skill used
Uncouple C4 from trip mines. Using C4 to open thing no longer uses up trip mines. Skill should be placed just above drill as they are effectively another drill and it also means for AT one person carrying C4 would be enough. Reduced deploy speed unless Aced 4/8
Collapse the trip mine tree to consume less skill points. 16?
Double trrip mines. 4/8
Collapse the sentry tree to consume less skill points. 24?
Sentry no longer fires on shields. Ever.
Possibly move or duplicate the saw skill to Tech tree so the Tech tree is the master of opening things quickly. 1/3

Possible skills to replace collapsed trees:
Sentry becomes a drone that fires on marked targets, mounts a sniper rifle? No longer deployes sentries. Limited ammo that needs refilling, batteries needs recharging. 4/8
Double throwables. 1/3
Skill giving shield piercing chance on all weapons. Ace increase chance plus chance to pierce normal enemies. 4/8
Interact with objectives fast. 1/3
Allows modding of grenade launchers to firer canister/Fletchett ammo, increases ammo pool slightly, pickup increased. Ace increase reload speed. Works with piercing skill. 4/8
Enforcer Saw skill replaced by improved reload speed if saw moved to tech, maybe lower on tree. 1/3
Saw consumes reduced ammo, aced consumes not ammo. 4/8
Improved CTV/ICTV move speed. 4/8
Double bag carrying at reduced speed. 1/3?
Triple/Quadruple bags, slower movement but more armour while carrying bags. 4/8
C4 Titan safes? 4/8

arrangement of tree would require extensive testing. Other trees might need tweaking to make them cooler/better to use and increase opportunity cost to balance out improved tech tree. Likely causing more power creep.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Overkill pleeeeeeeeease make this the next tie-in DLC with these 2 idiots being a new Contact :pray:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uvKw1b7bxM

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Basticle posted:

Overkill pleeeeeeeeease make this the next tie-in DLC with these 2 idiots being a new Contact :pray:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uvKw1b7bxM

more likely you're gonna get this instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_Rmj_rtWlo

I would watch the adventures of Chains talking to a fake John Wick over an earpiece for 2 hours over this, that's for drat sure

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I keep wanting to have a copshoot with goons but I'm in the overwatch beta so I'm occupied with that.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

FAUXTON posted:

I keep wanting to have a copshoot with goons but I'm in the overwatch beta so I'm occupied with that.

How is it?

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
I just played a random DW game of FWB. Host used a mod to increase cloaker and dozer spawns just a tiny bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oITPwHqkqHY

BTW, never use infinite ammo as your song if you want to make ad money on Youtube.

A copyright owner using Content ID claimed some material in your video.

quote:

This is just a heads up
Don’t worry. You’re not in trouble and your account standing is not affected by this.

There are either ads running on your video, with the revenue going to the copyright owner, or the copyright owner is receiving stats about your video’s views.

Video title: Payday 2: One Fine Day at First World Bank
Copyrighted song: Infinite Ammo
Claimed by: INgrooves

What's next?
If there are no problems, you don’t need to take any action. You don't need to delete your video.

If something went wrong and the copyright owner or our system made a mistake, we have a dispute process. Only use it if you’re confident you have the rights to use all the content in your video.

- The YouTube Team

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

A hell of a lot of fun

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791433980119/announcements/detail/877446168725459670 new update, lots of fixes and changes, including THEY SHUT UP BAIN ON FRAMING FRAME 3

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Kikas posted:

THEY SHUT UP BAIN ON FRAMING FRAME 3

uninstalling

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I am not feeling that new main menu right off the bat. Its still just a beta thing but no thanks. I'd rather have simple and understandable words instead of crime app options.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Skill tree revamp open beta incoming. :suspense:

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

:siren: •Removed the random chance to spawn the meth lab. It will now always spawn on all difficulties on The Bomb: Dockyard Job :siren:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

quote:

The new Skill Trees will be easier to navigate, there’ll be more room for different combinations and way more effective skills!

Huh. Lucifer got his wish.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

watho posted:

Skill tree revamp open beta incoming. :suspense:

Yeah, once that beta ends and it hits live, I might actually come play this game some more.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I'm currently busy with studies and grim dawn but a good skill revamp will probably pull me back into the copshooting.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Tempest_56 posted:

:siren: •Removed the random chance to spawn the meth lab. It will now always spawn on all difficulties on The Bomb: Dockyard Job :siren:

Between this, the potential rebirth of skills and pressing insert to paste clipboards into chat, its like the last game's old flaws are going away. Will I even recognize the game when I get back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

quote:

Fixed an issue related to the AI pathing causing enemies to have problems finding the players on the First World Bank Job

No more 30 minute naps in the back of FWB while doing an Overdrill, guys