Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
brings up a question that perhaps kalstrams can answer though:

in guild pvp/castle siege/whatever are ghillie suits effects deactivated?

i can't imagine it being much fun if >50% of the enemy force is running around in them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

I'm level 40 now. What would you high level guys say is the first worthy node to invest energy into for mob drops? I seem to move every 2 levels and that doesn't take more than an hour or two.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Ghille suit is borderline p2w. Pay2HaveAdvantage for sure. If/when I hit 45 and need to worry about PVP I'll get one for sure.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

LegalPad posted:

I'm level 40 now. What would you high level guys say is the first worthy node to invest energy into for mob drops? I seem to move every 2 levels and that doesn't take more than an hour or two.

i would argue for putting some energy into catfish, but some would argue to skip catfish and go directly into investing at either whatever the forest things we farmed last night were and hede sanctuary or whatever it is where skeletons are

if you want the increased drops, catfish node investment must be done at the kaia lake node, not the north ferry or south ferry nodes

best bang for your proverbial buck would be hede since thats where you get witch earrings i believe

e: also for anyone hovering the 40+ range, save your ancient stone fragments; once you fuse them, you have 7 days to hit 50 (it says 45, it's lying) and use the boss scroll that results from it, better to shove it in storage and avoid setting a timer on yourself

in order to fuse them, make a plus sign with them in your inventory

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 9, 2016

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

hail satan the lord of addition

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
lol Drythe.

The only thing bad about the cash shop is that the prices are proportionally higher here atm than in Korea. Every other complaint you have about is invalid in a game that cost you $30 and doesn't push any kind of premium sub on you.

Everything else you've said seems stupid enough to either be a low hanging fruit troll or maybe you just have sensitive feelings. Either or.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I love this thread

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Kimsemus posted:

lol Drythe.

The only thing bad about the cash shop is that the prices are proportionally higher here atm than in Korea. Every other complaint you have about is invalid in a game that cost you $30 and doesn't push any kind of premium sub on you.

Everything else you've said seems stupid enough to either be a low hanging fruit troll or maybe you just have sensitive feelings. Either or.

:shittypop:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
mmo players are not bright and I guess will fall for it every time

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I put a stove in a house and became the most fancy homeowner.

#whyiscalpheonaghetto

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Drythe posted:

#whyiscalpheonaghetto

The Chandeliers lie, they don't provide +60, they provide +8

this is my hell

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i think its okay for Drythe to criticize the game

thats just my two cents on the matter

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Eonwe posted:

please respect my well formed opinions about the state of the game thanks

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eonwe posted:

I think it's okay too

just like I think it's okay to think those criticisms are stupid

Codekeeper
Feb 10, 2013

Innocence proves nothing.

Kimsemus posted:

I think it's okay too

just like I think it's okay to think those criticisms are stupid

This. The "issues" are as stupid as the justification. Cash shop items are mildly helpful and not at all necessary. I do want to see the pricing come in-line with other localizations of the game.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Drythe posted:

#whyiscalpheonaghetto

I wouldn't be suprised if a significant portion of the playerbase was so busy trading with Velia that they don't even know where Calpheon is.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Drythe noooo. Friendly fire! Friendly fire!

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Third World Reggin posted:

mmo players are not bright and I guess will fall for it every time

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i think the cash shop is probably not pay to win but even as far as cash shops go, its pretty insanely overpriced

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
lmao its like it was mentioned earlier in the thread and no one read it. shine on drythe, shine on :allears:

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Blazing Zero posted:

lmao its like it was mentioned earlier in the thread and no one read it. shine on drythe, shine on :allears:

no one reads my posts

i am the whitest noise poster ever

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Rafza posted:

no one reads my posts

i am the whitest noise poster ever

i read your posts, friend rafza

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i also like to think you are a brown noise poster

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Blazing Zero posted:

i also like to think you are a brown noise poster

hmm, yes, quite, thank you

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Pretty sure Drinkfist was the brown noise poster

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I only read about half of half the posts here

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

*skips to last post*

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Post screenshots and talk about botes!

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

sometimes i skip the thread and :justpost: but sometimes i see a reference to older posts so i go read that. thanks for not reading!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RedTonic posted:

When do you get a boat? And I don't mean those stupid looking rafts, that is weak poo poo. I want a real boat.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

I said come in! posted:

When do you get a boat? And I don't mean those stupid looking rafts, that is weak poo poo. I want a real boat.

The shitbarges are strong. :colbert:

That said, you can craft a "ferry," which is a little rowboat, in the same shipyard workshops you can make rafts in. Calpheon has a special ferry which has better stop/turn speeds. Epheria and Illiya have the next tier of shipyard, which unlocks even nicer ships for crafting, but the general consensus seems to be that you should build your ship in Epheria, where you will have access to more workers, and thus a shorter construction time.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

RedTonic posted:

talk about botes!

seriously these AH bots, buying up stuff and then reselling at much higher price is ridiculess -.-

BAN people doing this it is manipulating the market and fcking 99% of the community over....... people doing such bs shouldn't be allowed to play at all...

its pathetic the publisher isn't doing anything to stop this, it is worse than afk bots (bots abusing afk mechanics), since it actually directly damage everyone else while doing it by using thirdparty programs.....

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer
It's like Gamequoter for the next generation. This is magnificent.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

RedTonic posted:

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Drythe posted:

seriously these AH bots, buying up stuff and then reselling at much higher price is ridiculess -.-

BAN people doing this it is manipulating the market and fcking 99% of the community over....... people doing such bs shouldn't be allowed to play at all...

its pathetic the publisher isn't doing anything to stop this, it is worse than afk bots (bots abusing afk mechanics), since it actually directly damage everyone else while doing it by using thirdparty programs.....

I can't wait for them to upgrade their AH captcha to a full-blown Turing test.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Drythe posted:

Somebody make a markov chain bot for these.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

RedTonic posted:

Somebody make a markov chain bot for these.

Gonna need a larger sample before I can do that. A good markov bot needs a lot of samples

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Drythe posted:

Gonna need a larger sample before I can do that. A good markov bot needs a lot of samples

just scrape from the forums

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

what are those dogs doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Tactical Lesbian posted:

just scrape from the forums

Gonna need to let the forums develop for a while to make a good one still.

In the marvel heroes thread, we had a player make a song from a markov bot fed posts from one of the most prominent posters, and he had to go through the last two threads and pull all the posts. The person had a few thousand in each thread.