Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

With this I have seen everything I need from Persona spin-offs, time for the real thing in *looks at calendar* late 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

To be more accurate, Trails in the Sky 3rd has a character who played a supporting role in the second game as the main character and it sets up plot threads for Zero and Ao as well as expand on the backstories of the cast of Trails in the Sky, such as some of Joshua and Estelle's early interactions and growing up together, Olivier's interactions with Osborne which becomes important for Cold Steel and Renne's backstory which becomes important in Zero.

The actual main plot arc of Trails in the Sky ends with SC though.

I would expect Cold Steel 3 to be a similar side story.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Delusibeta posted:

I would expect Cold Steel 3 to be a similar side story.

I'm expecting it to be a continuation of both Ao and Cold Steel 2 with some, but not all, playable characters from the Crossbell and Erebonia games joining your party.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
In importing news, it appears that Amazon.co.jp now ships games overseas. Requires a separate account and applies only to stuff that are sold by Amazon themselves, but they do accept foreign cards. Absolutely mega news for importers, since they're quick to discount stuff.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

rip playasia

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Delusibeta posted:

In importing news, it appears that Amazon.co.jp now ships games overseas. Requires a separate account and applies only to stuff that are sold by Amazon themselves, but they do accept foreign cards. Absolutely mega news for importers, since they're quick to discount stuff.
But muh Prime shipping!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Delusibeta posted:

That's great! Comments seem to suggest that a pre existing Amazon account works, so I'll prod the Japanese site for a bit and see if I can get a cheap Vita game.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Now we can buy lots of Miku CDs. :haw:

Edit: It looks like shipping to germany is somewhere inbetween 1000-1500 YEN, currently 8-12€.

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 9, 2016

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Really surprised to see that it works on arcade sticks and keyboards.

Now that this is available, I can't think of a single thing to import.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Mithaldu posted:

This is the highlight for me.

Speaking of which, the Miku song for today is Faraway Light, a melodic metal piece from an album that is free to download from the composer's website.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtSAEqOorXA

Help Im Alive posted:

rip playasia

Competition is good. Maybe they will finally lower the prices for old stuff instead of keeping it way higher than ebay sellers.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Mithaldu posted:

Edit: It looks like shipping to germany is somewhere inbetween 1000-1500 YEN, currently 8-12€.

Apparently, they've been allowing CDs and books to be import for about a decade, so uh yeah. Still, fill yer boots.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

On the brighy side at least thy made more progress than the west in female protagonists

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Delusibeta posted:

Thank god

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

quote:

“At first glance, you might only see the game for its sex appeal, but we’re thoroughly producing its contents.”

I'm sure you'll get a feel for the real contents of the game if you just give it a chance. :v:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I got around to playing the PC Port of Mind Zero tonight and they really dropped the ball.

The game looks perfect in the original Vita resolution. But in the full screen mode all the imperfections hidden by the Vita's smaller screen became obvious. The characters have random white space around them and the lines separating the body and the swapped out faces became obvious. On the plus side, the battle audio is no longer PSone quality.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Dehry posted:

I got around to playing the PC Port of Mind Zero tonight and they really dropped the ball.

The game looks perfect in the original Vita resolution. But in the full screen mode all the imperfections hidden by the Vita's smaller screen became obvious. The characters have random white space around them and the lines separating the body and the swapped out faces became obvious. On the plus side, the battle audio is no longer PSone quality.

drat i cant believe they dropped the ball on the port of mind zeor.....

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Sweet, I just logged into JP Amazon with my regular Amazon.com credentials. So is the Vita like the PS4 in that games from wherever will play in it?

Edit: What is this strange new world? I did a search for "anime poster" and the very first result was a pair of naked chicks, one kissing(?) the other on the boob... O_o`

MisterAlex fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Mar 9, 2016

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

MisterAlex posted:

Edit: What is this strange new world? I did a search for "anime poster" and the very first result was a pair of naked chicks, one kissing(?) the other on the boob... O_o`

O_o`

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Physical Vita games will work on any system from any region yes, it gets more complicated for digital though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Does Amazon.jp sell digital PSN yen cards, that's the main thing I'd want to buy from there

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

MisterAlex posted:

that's anime, idiot. didn't you ever see akira.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

I've watched Bebop and Trigun. :v:

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.
You need to watch more.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

I'll watch something on my Vita when it arrives. :haw:
It's a shame they didn't make a video output accessory like they did for the PSP.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

MisterAlex posted:

I'll watch something on my Vita when it arrives. :haw:
It's a shame they didn't make a video output accessory like they did for the PSP.

they did, its called the playstation tv

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

MisterAlex posted:

Sweet, I just logged into JP Amazon with my regular Amazon.com credentials.

Weird. For whatever reason mine isn't working. :(

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Apparently there's some random items and accounts that just aren't working/available right now.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

MisterAlex posted:

Sweet, I just logged into JP Amazon with my regular Amazon.com credentials. So is the Vita like the PS4 in that games from wherever will play in it?

yes, physical games aren't region locked. neither are digital games, technically, except you can only have one psn account on your vita at a time... which means in practice it's a pain in the rear end to have foreign download games.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Stux posted:

they did, its called the playstation tv

That's clearly not the same since touch controls are not available on PS TV, hence the limited game compatibility. It's also a separate, more expensive purchase than just getting a cable to plug into one's already-bought Vita. The ability (as with the PSP) to simply unplug and continue playing—not to mention save file consistency—is not afforded by the PS TV.

So no, they didn't. :v:

Edit: Oh, and thanks for answering my region question, Sakurazuka and corn in the bible. :) And regarding PSN Yen cards/codes, I don't see any being sold by Amazon, but that could just be my failure to search "properly" in the weird kanji/romaji environment...

MisterAlex fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Mar 9, 2016

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

MisterAlex posted:

That's clearly not the same since touch controls are not available on PS TV, hence the limited game compatibility. It's also a separate, more expensive purchase than just getting a cable to plug into one's already-bought Vita. The ability (as with the PSP) to simply unplug and continue playing—not to mention save file consistency—is not afforded by the PS TV.

So no, they didn't. :v:

It was a joke, buddy

RIP PSTV :negative:

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Amazon do not sell digital yen cards. They sell Japanese PS+ cards though, 1/3/12 month

Though they have been doing this for over a year now. Only physical games/consoles is new.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

MisterAlex posted:

That's clearly not the same since touch controls are not available on PS TV, hence the limited game compatibility.
Apparently you haven't heard of a little thing called the DUALSHOCK 4 :smug:

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

When the vita first came out there was a gamestop thing you could buy that literally went over the screen and it would display the image ahead like a projector but it looked like poo poo and i havent seen one since.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

OxMan posted:

When the vita first came out there was a gamestop thing you could buy that literally went over the screen and it would display the image ahead like a projector but it looked like poo poo and i havent seen one since.

Oh poo poo, I remember seeing that but never actually saw it in use. Probably because it was clunky as hell.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Today is Miku day. Respect her. Oddly, her video game isn't coming out today. They dropped the loving ball.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Let me know when it's Meiko day instead

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

The prices on these memory cards are obscene. :saddowns:
I don't suppose any of y'all have upgraded to a higher capacity card and want to sell me the extra one?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

MisterAlex posted:

The prices on these memory cards are obscene. :saddowns:
I don't suppose any of y'all have upgraded to a higher capacity card and want to sell me the extra one?

Welcome to the Vita Experience

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I wish they sold point cards, last time I bought one I felt like I could've done better on the price. Plus the exchange rate is nice right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Finally saw a Vita in the wild today... held by a ten year old kid. I think he had Need for Speed on it.