Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Stux posted:

its fun to play and has an enjoyable story
I don't believe you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don't believe you

well obviously its subjective but the people who like the game like it for those reasons

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Sleeveless posted:

Monster Factory is amazing, if you haven't already tracked down their other series like Griffin's Amiibo Corner and Tomodachi Survivor they're pretty fun too. Even the quick looks are usually entertaining so long as a McElroy is involved.

I don't really read or care about the site proper but it's nice to see that people are still holding a grudge over a three year old console hardware review I guess.

I think most people dislike them because their articles are poo poo

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Haha holy poo poo that's amazing. Maybe the most insane Molyneux move ever.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

what exactly makes TLoU good? Nothing about it sounds good

I think what essentially makes it good; and contrasted to Uncharted in this sense; is that the game FEELS incredibly satisfying to play in all of its elements. Sneaking up and murdering a guy feels good; shooting guys feels good, especially since the guns all feel powerful, heavy, and every shot counts 'cause ammo is scarce. Melee combat is simple but satisfying, as is the crafting systems.

The game's soundtrack and atmosphere are spot on as well. Where Uncharted feels inconsistent and unsatisfying, TLoU feels cohesive and cathartic. The only real problem with the game is that it really takes about two hours to get into the proper pacing; the opening sequences are all the worst bits of gameplay, and everything beyond then is vastly better.

It's a game that I think is enhanced by playing it in somewhat short sessions. Pacing it out lets you focus on its strengths and not get distracted by its flaws when they pop up. For what it wants to do it does well, and it does this through gameplay just as much as through visuals.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Is the new Hitman going to be good? I just put a princely £10.99 on it so I hope it's good.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

You guys do know Peter Molydeux is a parody character right.

https://twitter.com/PeterMolydeux/status/698174305524391936

https://twitter.com/PeterMolydeux/status/697395673059233793

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Steve2911 posted:

Is the new Hitman going to be good? I just put a princely £10.99 on it so I hope it's good.
Everything I've heard is quite positive and that it's a return to form.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Lurdiak posted:

You guys do know Peter Molydeux is a parody character right.

The guy I was quoting probably did. I didn't look at the post hard enough to realize it wasn't real. Oh well, still funny.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

More proof that playing video games makes you stupid.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Molydeux is my favorite fake video game developer.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

CJacobs posted:

The Sonic the hedgehog twitter just referenced Sonichu and I'm concerned

Again?!

Goddamn!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Steve2911 posted:

It looks pretty decent, like they put a classic-style Hitman on Absolution's graphics/gameplay engine. Obviously the quality of the actual missions is still up in the air but it's unlikely to be bad.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
The Last of Us is the best game I've only ever played once. I even rebought it when it was remastered on PS4, but still haven't even stuck it in to replay it... mostly because, god drat, that narrative hit me hard the first time I played it.

I do need to note that I absolutely hate how Naughty Dog does their trophies though. Speaking of Last of Us specifically, having a trophy for playing through all of the difficulties, and for playing through all of the difficulties using New Game+, is a dick move.

I'm not even gonna touch the Nathan Drake Collection's Brutal difficulties with a 10 foot pole.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Sleeveless posted:

Monster Factory is amazing, if you haven't already tracked down their other series like Griffin's Amiibo Corner and Tomodachi Survivor they're pretty fun too. Even the quick looks are usually entertaining so long as a McElroy is involved.

I don't really read or care about the site proper but it's nice to see that people are still holding a grudge over a three year old console hardware review I guess.

How is it "a grudge" to point out that a website promised to uphold journalistic integrity then almost immediately broke it?

Jeez, I can't believe people still hold a grudge against Nixon for that whole "Watergate" thing :rolleyes:

Also the Last of Us has a really good & strong narrative but it's very much an old-school "gameplay then cutscene, gameplay then cutscene" experience that doesn't even attempt to marry the two together.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Speaking of Molydeux and the McElroys, CoolGames Inc is a fun podcast about making an imaginary game based on prompts from Twitter users and mashing together random gaming buzzwords, like a game with "social media permadeath" where if you die in the game it blasts hate speech from your linked Twitter and Facebook account.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Dr Cheeto posted:

Molydeux is my favorite fake video game developer.

Fake?

https://twitter.com/PeterMolydeux/status/87883625764360192

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3UCpBfVLT0

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lady Naga posted:

How is it "a grudge" to point out that a website promised to uphold journalistic integrity then almost immediately broke it?

Jeez, I can't believe people still hold a grudge against Nixon for that whole "Watergate" thing :rolleyes:

lol are you for real?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Mak0rz posted:

lol are you for real?

Sorry I know you hate it when people care about things. I will try to care about things less.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lady Naga posted:

Sorry I know you hate it when people care about things.

I'm not sure how you can read my responses and think that's what I have a problem with and not the fact that you just compared a video game publication to the watergate scandal or that debating whether media affects society in a video game chat thread is dumb :shrug:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Mak0rz posted:

I'm not sure how you can read my responses and think that's what I have a problem with and not the fact that you just compared a video game publication to the watergate scandal or that debating whether media affects society in a video game chat thread is dumb :shrug:

Oh this is the meme I hate too, when people use something as an easy point of reference and everyone starts kneejerking about how you're trying to compare the two in terms of impact or severity when that's clearly not the case.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I was just kidding when I said less mspaints in this thread. Now more than ever we need them more.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
So overwatch is coming out in may, it looks good and I am hype. who is with me.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Cyron posted:

So overwatch is coming out in may, it looks good and I am hype. who is with me.

Me

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
hey all its me the games media analyzer and thinker (._.) . o O (games media analyzaer and thinker) did you know the journalism is bad? they're incompetent gently caress wits? i'd bring up a specific comparison but then you would all say i was comparing them (the classic meme of the under educated). want to read my essay on the societal effects of ubisoft's vigilantism propaganda piece XXXwAtCh_DoGsXXX??? i'm gayyyyyy as hell y'all, as a pejorative

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
please draw a penguin

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

absolutely anything posted:

hey all its me the games media analyzer and thinker (._.) . o O (games media analyzaer and thinker) did you know the journalism is bad? they're incompetent gently caress wits? i'd bring up a specific comparison but then you would all say i was comparing them (the classic meme of the under educated). want to read my essay on the societal effects of ubisoft's vigilantism propaganda piece XXXwAtCh_DoGsXXX??? i'm gayyyyyy as hell y'all, as a pejorative

Wow I love GBS

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Skeezy posted:

I was just kidding when I said less mspaints in this thread. Now more than ever we need them more.

limaCAT please draw Shovel Knight and Scrooge McDuck playing a round of golf

v edit: or you can draw it if you want! Doesn't have to be limaCAT it could be anyone.

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 10, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i'm going to draw some requests when i get home

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mak0rz posted:

what are u talking about lmao

:gb2gbs:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Mario and Link and Samus in the world of The Division. Just for me please.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

dare I ask what the hell a Sonichu is

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
No.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Ciaphas posted:

He is some mentality ill guy who made lovely comics that look like a 10 year old drawn. A goon in the internet critics thread give him a 1,000 dollors to spite a banned subject.

Edit: Oh sorry i ment to say she now.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 10, 2016

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Ciaphas posted:

Well it is Sonic and Pikachu mashed together into Original Character by an insane person. Google can tell you the rest because I just told you everything I care to know.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
So how about star fox. Grippy id the best uncle.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Nah that's good enough thanks, mental illness is one of those weird touchy subjects with me

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Cyron posted:

So how about star fox. Grippy id the best uncle.

calling Grippy Toad for Character Find of 2016

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Mak0rz posted:

Dude either needs to get his GED or take this discussion to DnD.

please link your tumblr, i need to retumble it my mother who lives upstairs and teach her a lesson about disliking the furries. >:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ravane posted:

Dude either needs to get his GED or take this discussion to DnD.

I am fairly certain lady naga is not a dude.

• Locked thread