Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Festus The Fetus
Mar 8, 2010
It seems like if the guild finds out the monarch is the Blue Morpho it might actually help him get arching rights back. I mean at this point I think the Monarch has been established as one of the most dangerous characters in the show. Whenever he isn't arching venture he goes completely off the rails. At this point he's murdered or tried to murder anyone he's gone up against, except doc who he let escape multiple times. He has literally murdered established super scientists, multiple level 10 villains, sidekicks and survived an encounter with J.J. even though the OSI sent in agents as back up, specifically because he had been killing too many protagonists. Oh and he has gone toe to toe with the OSI on ventures lawn and with the guild at cremation creak. They might decide to just say gently caress it, let him arch venture in peace. He's way less dangerous that way.

Festus The Fetus fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I thought that guy had a club for an eyepatch. And I liked the name Blackjack better.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You're right. He's either hooking Rusty up as a marionette or literally murdering people. It's safer to let him arch Rusty.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

My honest prediction is that the Blue Morpho 'dies' in the same kind of dumb accident that has killed off all the others (possibly taking Wide Wale with him? That's just spitballing though) with the Monarch making it out with the same dumb luck that's got him through being the Blue Morpho thus far. He crawls back into bed just in time for Dr. Mrs. to come in and tell him that he just won't believe the day she's had. Cue credits, stinger involving the Ventures or other non-Monarch character, season over.

I'm actually kinda hoping they don't kill Wide Wale off now, he's become quite the interesting character over the course of the season, not to mention him dying could massively screw up Hank and Sirena's budding relationship and that would just suck

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Red posted:

Fascinating. It might be nothing, or a red herring, or a wannabe Venture.

Also, this is coming:

I'm betting creepy dream sequence.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Dazerbeams posted:

I thought that guy had a club for an eyepatch. And I liked the name Blackjack better.
Yeah it was a club. It's weird that they didn't pick one of the one-eyed jacks.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
If the Monarch gets outed as Blue Morpho, no way the guild takes it well. The guild is a bureaucracy first and foremost, and killing fellow members just to advance your own agenda is unacceptable. Maybe if he did everything he could to get them off Venture without killing them, but not outright killing fellow villains.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

pnumoman posted:

If the Monarch gets outed as Blue Morpho, no way the guild takes it well. The guild is a bureaucracy first and foremost, and killing fellow members just to advance your own agenda is unacceptable. Maybe if he did everything he could to get them off Venture without killing them, but not outright killing fellow villains.

I don't know. I've heard tell that they're lenient on murderers. "We have all been there," they say.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
Anyone know if the final two episodes are going to be a two parter?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

tofes posted:

Anyone know if the final two episodes are going to be a two parter?

Not according to wikipedia, for whatever that's worth.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe
"A Party For Tarzan"
The Guild targets Dr. Venture for assassination, which ruins a party thrown for his fancy new friend.

"Red Means Stop"
The Guild of Calamitous Intent and the O.S.I. join forces to eliminate a threat, using Dr. Venture as the bait.

There might be a story arc, but it's not strictly a two-parter.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

tarlibone posted:

I don't know. I've heard tell that they're lenient on murderers. "We have all been there," they say.

Hrm. I have to imagine that's murder in general, not murdering fellow guild villains. Unless they were specifically referring to murdering fellow members, in which case I have to wonder about the guild attrition rate.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

tarlibone posted:

"Red Means Stop"
The Guild of Calamitous Intent and the O.S.I. join forces to eliminate a threat, using Dr. Venture as the bait.

Well that's certainly a concerning sounding summary for Monarch and Gary.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I still don't have Episode 6 available on Youtube. Every one before has been up within a few hours. WTF.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
So are we most likely looking at a cliffhanger where the GCI catches the Blue Morpho but nothing happens yet because the season ends?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

tarlibone posted:

"A Party For Tarzan"
The Guild targets Dr. Venture for assassination, which ruins a party thrown for his fancy new friend.

"Red Means Stop"

His "fancy new friend" - the Blue Morpho, who he just saw blow up Doom Factory? Or someone else?

And, if the OSI is teaming up, that means we're getting some Shore Leave and Hunter. That always makes me happy :3:

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

So are we most likely looking at a cliffhanger where the GCI catches the Blue Morpho but nothing happens yet because the season ends?

They've said that they didn't have enough episodes to wrap up the season, so... Likely

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm trying to recall something from a previous episode. The GCI is interrogating that ghost villain after reviewing footage of him doublecrossing some dudes. What was the Council of 13 upset about?

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm trying to recall something from a previous episode. The GCI is interrogating that ghost villain after reviewing footage of him doublecrossing some dudes. What was the Council of 13 upset about?

They were ok with the drug dealing but mad at the doublecross/possession/murder.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Thanks!

Bob Quixote
Jul 7, 2006

This post has been inspected and certified by the Dino-Sorcerer

Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

I'm actually kinda hoping they don't kill Wide Wale off now, he's become quite the interesting character over the course of the season, not to mention him dying could massively screw up Hank and Sirena's budding relationship and that would just suck

Calling it now: Monarch succeeds at killing Wide Wale as the Blue Morpho, Sirena throws in with the guild to try and avenge her dad and Dr. Mrs. the Monarch tells her that Venture is the Blue Morpho which totally fucks up any chances Hank has with her.

Evidence? Just pretend I made some long post about failure being the theme of the show or something.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe

Fellbat posted:

They were ok with the drug dealing but mad at the doublecross/possession/murder.

Actually, they're lenient with murderers, because they've all been there. But contraband smuggling has a specific penalty: beheading.

(That assumes, of course, that they can get that head-area off of Intangible Fancy.)

O. Henry O-Face
Sep 16, 2009

tarlibone posted:

Actually, they're lenient with murderers, because they've all been there. But contraband smuggling has a specific penalty: beheading.

(That assumes, of course, that they can get that head-area off of Intangible Fancy.)

Does he even have a head?

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

tarlibone posted:

But where was he smuggling his box of mini-Oreos exactly that would warrant a beheading?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Bob Quixote posted:

Calling it now: Monarch succeeds at killing Wide Wale as the Blue Morpho, Sirena throws in with the guild to try and avenge her dad and Dr. Mrs. the Monarch tells her that Venture is the Blue Morpho which totally fucks up any chances Hank has with her.

Evidence? Just pretend I made some long post about failure being the theme of the show or something.

And Sirena agrees to co-arch the Ventures with the Monarch, maybe looking up to him as a mentor in the art of hate.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe
Sirena is actually Dawn, the titular Venture brothers' long-lost sister!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

One thing I'm close to sure of: The Monarch doesn't go back to being the Monarch. He might not stay the Blue Morpho, but he's definitely going to continue doing costumed "good".

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Festus The Fetus posted:

It seems like if the guild finds out the monarch is the Blue Morpho it might actually help him get arching rights back. I mean at this point I think the Monarch has been established as one of the most dangerous characters in the show. Whenever he isn't arching venture he goes completely off the rails. At this point he's murdered or tried to murder anyone he's gone up against, except doc who he let escape multiple times. He has literally murdered established super scientists, multiple level 10 villains, sidekicks and survived an encounter with J.J. even though the OSI sent in agents as back up, specifically because he had been killing too many protagonists. Oh and he has gone toe to toe with the OSI on ventures lawn and with the guild at cremation creak. They might decide to just say gently caress it, let him arch venture in peace. He's way less dangerous that way.

Except that they have previously stated that part of the reason the O.SI. and the G.C.I. work together is to keep the antagonist/protagonist relationship on equal grounds. So if a villain is arching somebody on equal footing, then it's all good, so long as there's no spill over beyond some dead henchmen.

And If the villains go beyond arching, and try going into actually trying to take over the world, or go on a huge murder spree, then the O.S.I. will hunt them down, and shut them down hard. So it's in the best interest for the G.C.I. to keep a mass murderer out of their ranks.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Loknik posted:

Does he even have a head?

How do you even capture him?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jonas Albrecht posted:

One thing I'm close to sure of: The Monarch doesn't go back to being the Monarch. He might not stay the Blue Morpho, but he's definitely going to continue doing costumed "good".

He could keep being Blue Morpho but turn him heel, then he can still use the butterfly wallpaper and rebuild the cocoon!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I imagine that The Monarch is going to take down all of Wide Wale's organization, purely by accident, and the Guild will make him Venture's arch again because the only reason they gave it to The Monarch was as part of a deal to get WW on the council and get the NYC villains to support the new Guild.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Actually, the Guild might be superscrewed here, since they were banking on the clout of the New York chapter to keep the GCI together. If The Monarch keeps plowing through them, there will be consequences.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If Wide Wale survives, he's going to be pissed. He supports the guild and one of their own kills all of his clients.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

That red skull guy is the third level 10 in line to arch Rusty.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Red Death? Crimson Reaper? Bonered?

E: While I'm on the subject, what's the best name on the show?

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Mar 10, 2016

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Not-Red Skull is totally going to say "nope, not gonna do it. Everyone that does it keeps ending up dead".

Wide Wale dies, leaves his money to Sirena, she goes "whatever, I just want a normal life" and grants the Guild all of her fathers evil holdings.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If the Venture Brothers did have happy endings for Hank and Dean I'd like it if Hank and Sirena took their share of their folks money and just went out and had fun with it. No need to work, no need to arch or be arched. Maybe have it in a structured trust fund so they could only blow so much money per year.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Red Death? Crimson Reaper? Bonered?

E: While I'm on the subject, what's the best name on the show?

I probably laughed harder at the name/concept of Truckules the first time I heard it than any other name on the show. But Harangutan is extremely good too.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

RandomPauI posted:

If the Venture Brothers did have happy endings for Hank and Dean I'd like it if Hank and Sirena took their share of their folks money and just went out and had fun with it. No need to work, no need to arch or be arched. Maybe have it in a structured trust fund so they could only blow so much money per year.

I kind of hope VB doesn't really end. I'd love they'd cap things off with a made for TV movie around two hours long, then basically make it a internet comic series set in the earlier part of the show for us to enjoy for a few more years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Around 2043 I'm going to start getting the shakes due to the unmade 9th season being due.