Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
0. Random crashes when map changing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

A Fancy Bloke posted:

drat now I'm curious what everyone's top 5 problems with this game are.

1. Endgame content is a wasteland
2. The upgrade system has killed messing around with alts
3. The price of ships is way too high
4. Not enough focus on TNG/DS9
5. Nowhere near enough player education on builds leads to weird things like pubbies thinking that tanking is a thing.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

>The lovely Code
>The lovely Players
>The lovely Devs
>My lovely Guild
>Me

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

1. Disruptions to my roleplay immersion
2. Discoball assault
3. Troles and Cybobullies
4. The struggle to break 1k dps
5. Lack of fundamentalist Christian furry fleets

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

really i'd just like it if engineers and science captains weren't complete poo poo. the optimization curve in this game is so crazy that you can permanently hosed by a single choice at chargen.

of course pubs loving think the balance is fine, who cares that like 60% of the characters in the game are tac because it's the only profession worth doing, that doesn't mean it's imbalanced

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

1) the free-to-play system, and new ships being marginally better yet expensive
2) the fact pubbies still buy into this game; pubbies playing dressup; pubbies not realising the game is poo poo; pubbies
3) tactical being the only decent choice
4) coding is poo poo, devs are poo poo, gm are poo poo, forums are poo poo, craptic/pwe is poo poo, (there are literally outstanding bugs since I started playing at 3rd anniversary)
5) the lovely story shoe-horning in all the different series, its worse than fanfic

e: too much carepost, I am gay

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
1. Dentals
2. Dentals
3. Dentals
4. Dentals
5. Laughing Trendy, admitted Dental lover.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Orions Lord posted:

My wiki username is Orions Lord

Thank you.

You're in.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003
The only reason I originally had science and engineer alts was to train boffs.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

My main's an engineer and I don't really regret it since it's not like the game is really hard or something, but it's obnoxious to think that I could be doing 50%+ more damage with no appreciable downside if I did tac instead. You think it'd be trivially easy to add some team buffs or a damage boost to a skill or something to make the class worth it, but Cryptic. :effort:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Asimo posted:

My main's an engineer and I don't really regret it since it's not like the game is really hard or something, but it's obnoxious to think that I could be doing 50%+ more damage with no appreciable downside if I did tac instead. You think it'd be trivially easy to add some team buffs or a damage boost to a skill or something to make the class worth it, but Cryptic. :effort:

But Engineer is the tanking class! And Science is the ??????? class. And an Engineer in a Cruiser is tankiest of them all.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

fakemirage posted:

Alright.

For future reference, all applications to join TNG will have to be done through the following form:

http://goo.gl/forms/pKLa49Kx7a

After you've submitted your request, you will be contacted by a certified Dental Technician for a one-on-one interview and evaluation.

this is p awesome

I won't be sending invites to anyone who doesnt fill it out

skateboardjesus
Oct 16, 2004

Slippery Tilde
A couple of old screens from way back in September of 2012. The best week of foundry missions ever.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

gently caress's sake

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

skateboardjesus posted:

A couple of old screens from way back in September of 2012. The best week of foundry missions ever.

My happiest STO memories.

Edit: I don't have the capital, but can someone send something nice to @xxspiderbitexx3? This pubbie ate a ban supporting Dental in our efforts to cleanse Drozana years before, and he keeps on keeping on.

[Tell] GreenGaint@xxspiderbitexx3: But one thing that has never changed since Drozana
[Tell] GreenGaint@xxspiderbitexx3: My Loyalty towards Dental, and I intend to keep that Loyalty. That's because you helped me get me level and get my first ship.

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Mar 10, 2016

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

SKY COQ posted:

gently caress's sake

Perhaps you should use just the salient points?

IPCRESS fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Mar 10, 2016

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Possibly a problem with the form on mobiles. Regardless, my application has failed and I will never be a dental

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

SKY COQ posted:

Possibly a problem with the form on mobiles. Regardless, my application has failed and I will never be a dental

That just means you are The Chosen One and won the game by not actually playing it.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
A new chosen one. The Legends were true.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Bullshit, truthbot prophesied no new chosen one.

It had some poo poo to say about Morglon though, that's for sure.

skateboardjesus
Oct 16, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Lauren Biddle@l31: gently caress it! I quit!

This was after five solid minutes of being told about all the laws he looked up and was going to prosecute me for standing near his online video game characters with my less pretty video game character.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.
i was filling out a joke application because I'm bored, but holy poo poo that is a long-rear end form

not that it matters since its not like I'm going to log in, but :golfclap:

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

skateboardjesus posted:

This was after five solid minutes of being told about all the laws he looked up and was going to prosecute me for standing near his online video game characters with my less pretty video game character.

Well, I should have some interesting messages in my STO inbox.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Technical Analysis posted:

1. Dentals
2. Dentals
3. Dentals
4. Dentals
5. Laughing Trendy, admitted Dental lover.

1. Jews
2. Jews
3. Jews
4. Jews
5. Jews

RIP Arus, you tried to warn us.

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

[05/28/2016 12:40:42 AM] Pulse: don't stir up my
personal drama, please

skateboardjesus posted:

you mean he didn't just activate his other biddle alt so that he can feel more justified by complaining at you from two names? Strange.. he must have been tired. Regardless, I like you! Good work.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...
So, while diving through the Star Trek expanded universe wiki, I stumbled upon the U.S.S. Phoenix; through that, I found this, and have no idea what to make of it. Leaving it here, entirely devoid of context.

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

Lorak posted:

So, while diving through the Star Trek expanded universe wiki, I stumbled upon the U.S.S. Phoenix; through that, I found this, and have no idea what to make of it. Leaving it here, entirely devoid of context.

That there is a MANLY-rear end chin.

Or MANLY rear end-chin.

Put your hyphen were you see fit.

skateboardjesus
Oct 16, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Rahhmi posted:

you mean he didn't just activate his other biddle alt so that he can feel more justified by complaining at you from two names? Strange.. he must have been tired. Regardless, I like you! Good work.

No they were all there, and when he'd move one I'd move next to another one, then I juked him a few times and moved to one he wasn't about to move, playing the lamest game of whack a mole ever.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
These were my favorite moments in STO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDKvv-dBvXA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtVYyZaz7f8

I'm the rear end in a top hat who launched the singularity at the end of the parade. :3:

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Trast posted:

These were my favorite moments in STO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDKvv-dBvXA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtVYyZaz7f8

I'm the rear end in a top hat who launched the singularity at the end of the parade. :3:

Trast has the right of it. These couple weeks were STO's finest moment.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9854233

Live stream of new skill system happening tomorrow.

Do with this information what you will.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Psycho Landlord posted:

Trast has the right of it. These couple weeks were STO's finest moment.

The parade is still my favorite Dental video to date.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

We really should archive these on the wiki but this is an incredible build.

http://gateway.startrekonline.com/#char(Zecu@casumii)/ship-equipment

Omni arrays up front, truly a breakthrough.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

All the better to run away with.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Defiance Industries posted:

We really should archive these on the wiki but this is an incredible build.

http://gateway.startrekonline.com/#char(Zecu@casumii)/ship-equipment

Omni arrays up front, truly a breakthrough.

Spathi science.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
I put the omnis up front on my Avenger to compensate for the 5/3 layout and give me better coverage when I plow into a crowd of ships and FAW so I don't have to care which direction the ship's pointing.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

skateboardjesus posted:

Just five? :smug:

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Post the applications

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

I'm sure at least a few legitimate ones managed to sneak in amidst the probable mass spamming by certain Wesley members who shall not be named AotC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
I'm guessing that at least 25% of all apps were @xtern1ty.

• Locked thread