Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

dj_clawson posted:

Well, what's the endgame if it's Frank?

(1) Matt kills Frank - Nope (Frank is getting his own show)
(2) Matt puts Frank in jail - Nope (Frank is getting his own show)
(3) Matt convinces Frank not to kill people anymore - Nope (He would stop being the Punisher)
(4) Matt convinces Frank to leave NYC and continue his reign of terror elsewhere - not much of an ending.

So clearly there's a big bad guy we haven't seen yet. Like Doomsday in Dawn of Justice.

Has that actually been confirmed or is that nerd speculation at this point? I'd love to see the three of them team up to take someone down in the finale but I don't get the impression that's the story they're telling based on the marketing so far. Like, I'm assuming the Punisher lives to Punish another day, but as far as I knew the only confirmed series at this point were DD, JJ, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and The Defenders. And even that seems a little bloated without giving Frank a show also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Isn't there a mystery man with a line in the trailer who is leading The Hand ninjas?

Frank getting a show is confirmed.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Lycus posted:

Isn't there a mystery man in the trailer who is leading The Hand ninjas?

Huh, that's cool I guess. Considering how dark the other shows have been, I'm not sure it's going to be watchable without intravenous SSRIs, but I'm certainly interested.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Punisher starting his own show with a prison arc would be the best way for his spin-off to begin.

4 episodes deep on my S1 rewatch and god drat this show holds up well to scrutiny on repeat viewings. The cast, all of them, are just so right in their roles.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.

Lycus posted:

Isn't there a mystery man with a line in the trailer who is leading The Hand ninjas?

It's Nobu.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

dj_clawson posted:

Circle of Blood starts with Frank breaking out of prison, so if they do an adaptation of that, it would totally work.

Alternately Frank could escape Matt and we could leave New York for a bit. Not likely to happen but possible.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

dj_clawson posted:

Well, what's the endgame if it's Frank?

(1) Matt kills Frank - Nope (Frank is getting his own show)
(3) Matt convinces Frank not to kill people anymore - Nope (He would stop being the Punisher)
(4) Matt convinces Frank to leave NYC and continue his reign of terror elsewhere - not much of an ending.

5) punisher wins, DD retires in shame until the gang needs him in the group series.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

HIJK posted:

Circle of Blood starts with Frank breaking out of prison, so if they do an adaptation of that, it would totally work.

Alternately Frank could escape Matt and we could leave New York for a bit. Not likely to happen but possible.

He could go to Miami! :classiclol:

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Episode 13 it will turn out it was Stilt Man pulling the strings the whole time.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Episode 13 it will turn out it was Stilt Man pulling the strings the whole time.

I want this

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Netflix plz provide us an entire punisher season that us basically Rorschach's prison scenes from watchmen

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Soothing Vapors posted:

Netflix plz provide us an entire punisher season that us basically Rorschach's prison scenes from watchmen

Having it set in prison means they could bring back the Kingpin.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
If Punisher's jailbreak accidentally allowed Kingpin to escape as well that would be pretty awesome.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Punisher dies, brought back to life by angels and is given magical angel guns and glowing eyes to hunt demons.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Medullah posted:

Punisher dies, brought back to life by angels and is given magical angel guns and glowing eyes to hunt demons.

Punisher Season two is FrankenFrank.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Or Frank deliberately lets himself go to jail so he can get at some really nasty folks who think they're safe in maximum security prison.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You know there is a really good Daredevil-in-Prison comic run.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
There is a Punisher story where he escapes from Jail and teams up with Luke Cage. I bet that would be a great season.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

zoux posted:

You know there is a really good Daredevil-in-Prison comic run.

Yeah, and it'll take them like 10 seasons to get to that plotline.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

dj_clawson posted:

Yeah, and it'll take them like 10 seasons to get to that plotline.

Alternatively, season 2 ends with Daredevil and Punisher both in jail just as Kingpin gets out.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Cythereal posted:

Alternatively, season 2 ends with Daredevil and Punisher both in jail just as Kingpin gets out.

This could actually set up a good reason for Luke Cage to hit up his buddy Danny Rand for help.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Official promo shot of DD, Punisher, and Elektra in their costumes, from the butts up at least. Everyone else is showing off their butts Frankie, don't be be spoilsport.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Does he have to show his butt if he technically already did so in one of the movies?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Snak posted:

He could go to Miami! :classiclol:

Hahahahha. I laugh because it hurts.

Those images have just caused me to hop about the hype train! God drat!

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Joe Gillian posted:

It's also simply one of the stronger examples of well-executed paradigm shifts in all of film. It's beautifully done, as each horror emotionally disarms the viewer.

Like were people who don't like the second half expecting something like the Heartbreak Ridge movie where Joker and Cowboy would go to Vietnam together and successfully complete a kick rear end mission while earning love and respect from a freshly recovered from his gunshot wound to the chest, tougher-than-nails R Lee Ermey commanding them in the field.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

savinhill posted:

Like were people who don't like the second half expecting something like the Heartbreak Ridge movie where Joker and Cowboy would go to Vietnam together and successfully complete a kick rear end mission while earning love and respect from a freshly recovered from his gunshot wound to the chest, tougher-than-nails R Lee Ermey commanding them in the field.
would unironically watch that movie

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I'm doing a season 1 rewatch and this question has come to mind: What are Matt and Foggy always drinking at Josie's Bar?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Probably whiskey?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Just finished the Stick episode again, what was the discussion on the mysterious figure Stick speaks to at the end of the episode?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
It's a character from the comics called Stone or Granite or Diamond or something else equally unimaginative. Also there was a comic book panel to go with it that the show copied.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Any reason to expect him to be involved in this season? I don't know anything about Stick, but I'm assuming whatever group he's with is fighting the Hand?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

His group is called the Chaste, they're the good ninjas (though they're still dicks) to the Hand's bad ninjas.

They might appear because Elektra is connected to that stuff too, and we don't know if Punisher is the entire season.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

His group is called the Chaste, they're the good ninjas (though they're still dicks) to the Hand's bad ninjas.

They might appear because Elektra is connected to that stuff too, and we don't know if Punisher is the entire season.

I think the second trailer pretty much confirms that Punisher isn't the whole series. Especially since it contains Stick and The Hand in it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

HIJK posted:

It's a character from the comics called Stone or Granite or Diamond or something else equally unimaginative. Also there was a comic book panel to go with it that the show copied.

His name is Stone, because Sticks And Stones.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'm also doing a rewatch now. Did the Hand ever get their block of property that they really wanted, I can't remember now? If so, I assume whatever they build there is going to play into season 2 somehow.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

counterfeitsaint posted:

I'm also doing a rewatch now. Did the Hand ever get their block of property that they really wanted, I can't remember now? If so, I assume whatever they build there is going to play into season 2 somehow.

Yeah, when Leland keeps suggesting that it was the Japanese who tried to poison Fisk, Fisk dismisses it, saying that they got their land, so they should be content.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

MonsieurChoc posted:

How are the rights for Fu Manchu nowadays? Cause if you bring in Shang Chi, MASTER OF KUNG FU, you gotta bring his father too for an awesome showdown.

Good lord, if you think people are getting angry about Iron Fist now, they're gonna go loving nuclear if the show has Literally Fu Manchu in it.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Good lord, if you think people are getting angry about Iron Fist now, they're gonna go loving nuclear if the show has Literally Fu Manchu in it.

Ban Netflix from all college campuses immediately.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

notthegoatseguy posted:

I'm doing a season 1 rewatch and this question has come to mind: What are Matt and Foggy always drinking at Josie's Bar?

Something that didn't require a licensing agreement with a real liquor company. Just like Matt's vague German beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Something that filled them with mighty eel powers.