Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6439038/#Comment_6439038

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The fun is in the hunt, which should last for days. You pirates better come prepared with a diaper or I'm jumping back to base the minute I lose you.

Poopsock Citizen

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Game development understanding status:

[  ] Understood
[✓] Not understood

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Ravane posted:

:eonwe: OMG STAR MARINE IS BEING RELEASED: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNFUAH3V1U4 :pgabz: O9 O8 O5

No, John. You are the demons.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/321447/dreaming-of-2-3-0/p4

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Hobold posted:

Has he really figured out anything beyond stammering and mumbling in front of cameras?

Ya whoah did ehp did eh woh.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6440026/#Comment_6440026

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

BMan posted:

Definitely my favorite fanfiction after My Immortal.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

orcinus posted:

SANDY DON'T GET TOO NEAR, YOU'LL GET ABSORBED!

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

:golfclap:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Ravane posted:

:eonwe: OMG STAR MARINE IS BEING RELEASED: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNFUAH3V1U4 :pgabz: O9 O8 O5

Holy poo poo, look at all the unfidelitious color in this. Glorious!

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

SerCypher posted:

Saw this post on reddit r/mmorpg, there are some white knights but it's interesting that the general view is that the game is a scam.

I guess the hive mind isn't as strong outside of their subreddit.

Please include links to reddit posts. Also I'll never get tired of asking people who post frenzied goon-terror diatribes how to spot one when my username has SA on the end of it and getting a sincere reply.

Mr.Tophat posted:

Still willing to buy that avatar if you find/resize one commando

The one he wants cannot be resized to 100k without becoming complete rear end, which is a shame because word-for-word transcription of CiG's lovely community vids is a great idea that I can't believe no one has thought of before.

BMan posted:

I wish Mattimer hadn't revealed that he wrote those. It was more fun when they were maybe real.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Ravane posted:

i-i-is this a s-s-stimpire simulator...

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

FATSUOOOO!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Fatkraken posted:

:perfect:

Derek you are a hypocritical arsehole but gently caress me do you own it.

I try. :)

ps: There was never an Amiga version of my game. It's a gag. Just go with it.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

MedicineHut posted:

Ok, apologies I am not very familiar with this system. So in the example you linked "voting starts in 16 days" is actually showing a counter that has a brown color background (it also says entered January 23), and those with a blue one seem to be working fine. Was your issue in PTU? Those may tend to be ignored once Live hits no?

It seems all the issues I can see from the main council page are all blue background, i.e. correct issues still awaiting for countdown, but I can not locate any with voting expired like yours. I presume there is no way to filter those unless you have the bookmark?

Thought I replied already, but the threadmonster ate it or something, and sorry if this is a dup.

No need to apologize, and your observations verify that 'expired' tickets will not be seen by anyone not linking directly to them so are indeed hidden from general browsers.

Strangely all the ones I see it happening to are controls related, which seems to be one of cig's biggest pains in their side they wish would just go away, seeing as the controls threadnaught is bigger than any of the
other [concern] Katamari threads they send dissenting opinions to die, including LTI...

PAAAARP!

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

how do you sex specifics plz

Well we hadn't had sex since she had the vaginectomy after getting caught masturbating in the shower 3 months ago. The Stimperor sees. The Stimperor knows.
But our situation improved quite a while last week after I allegedly touched myself while sleeping. The new ovopositor is very nifty, it's easy to clean, you can either use it under your pants to impress the girls or detach it in a more conservative setting and best of all, when the pain is increasing trice per second it doesn't hurt. I only regret not having the procedure done voluntarily ages ago, at least the pain would have been stable throughout. We're going to eat out tonight, hopefully tomorrow I'll have one of those awesome liquid bone arms.

My dragon headmate aproves of my new phallus.

Eonwe posted:

I watched citizencon and it was the greatest thing I've ever seen

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Mar 10, 2016

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Haskell9 posted:

Please include links to reddit posts. Also I'll never get tired of asking people who post frenzied goon-terror diatribes how to spot one when my username has SA on the end of it and getting a sincere reply.

The one he wants cannot be resized to 100k without becoming complete rear end, which is a shame because word-for-word transcription of CiG's lovely community vids is a great idea that I can't believe no one has thought of before.

I wish Mattimer hadn't revealed that he wrote those. It was more fun when they were maybe real.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/49jh7i/honestly_how_isnt_star_citizen_p2w/

If you touch the poop, it's on you.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Drop into water from height in LoD and multiple giant 6-foot donut rings of water waves expand outward from where you landed. It's like Jello in super low gravity and I spent a while last weekend getting stoned and trying to make the Olympic logo in the lake in Nightbridge.

Edit: Thanks Thoatse. I'm just dumb that way.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

DigitalMocking posted:

I was in with the original kickstarter. It seemed like there was a vision for a decent space game, reasonable in scope and size. Looking back at it now, I can see I was using nostalgiavision and its complete poo poo and always was.

I think d_smart is a pompous rear end and his game is a complete shitshow that looks like something released in 2004, but at least he got me a refund, so he'll always have a special place in my heart.

Thanks a lot rear end in a top hat. Why don't you show some gratitude and go spend $9.99 of your refund on LOD? Then you can bitch at me all you want. :)

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

:captainpop:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
It just occurred to me...
Is Frank Zappa's Flakes actually a song about Star Citizen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFvtoJrK1Zg&t=165s

e: sure, needs some lyrics tweaks, but the gist of it is there

orcinus fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Mar 10, 2016

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

D_Smart posted:

Thanks a lot rear end in a top hat. Why don't you show some gratitude and go spend $9.99 of your refund on LOD? Then you can bitch at me all you want. :)

Why spend money on it? If we're gonna bitch about it you'll likely just banhammer us anyways, so do it without paying! :kheldragar:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Bonus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_WgCGOWae4

gently caress, actually, never mind Flakes. This is PERFECT.
No changes required.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Mirificus posted:

Yeah, why would you?

I think Dowlphin and that Avadon fella would get along swimmingly. B'tak would like the way he types, too.

RIP the Nexus. :rip:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Beet Wagon posted:

I think this one is my favorite because they don't really explain how it's related to Star Citizen (I guess it's supposed to be the cockpit of a starfarer?) but they make sure to put holes in the space suits where ears and horns and deer-wings come out of. And there's a dog. But not a person dog, like a dog dog. I don't know, there's a lot going on here.

I love these words you put together for my eyes

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Daztek posted:

lol, it's been over a year since Chris Roberts' last post on his own forums

He is no Derek Smart, that's for sure.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

D_Smart posted:

He is no Derek Smart, that's for sure.

But who is, really???

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Alan Smithee posted:

I love these words you put together for my eyes

They are p. okay words, yes.

Also, on the mention of avatar hunts, I did go through and resize these. They're not much but maybe a good base for something:

(not trying to spam, just trying to be helpful. and spam, probably.)

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Mar 10, 2016

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Beet Wagon posted:

Also, on the mention of avatar hunts, I did go through and resize these. They're not much but maybe a good base for something:

I like this post

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Hobold posted:

Why spend money on it? If we're gonna bitch about it you'll likely just banhammer us anyways, so do it without paying! :kheldragar:

If Derek bans me for accurately reporting a bug in his game I will rain urine upon his head in this thread non-stop and I'm really good at being an abrasive dick.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Wise Learned Man posted:

I think Dowlphin and that Avadon fella would get along swimmingly. B'tak would like the way he types, too.

RIP the Nexus. :rip:

What the gently caress did I just read?

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

The one thing the loyalists never manage to figure out is that between their "everything is alpha" and "they've done so much to lay the foundations" branches of apologetic rhetoric they've basically described a Ship of Theseus. Everything is alpha, and will likely need to be replaced whole cloth (DX12 renderer upgrade, net code refactoring, instance & server management, back-end databases for persistence just to cite things that are either in-game or will be "soon"TM), meaning they haven't laid the foundation for poo poo at this point & are only dicking around over-polishing turds to placate their cognitively-dissonant funding suppliers. If every system in the game needs to be replaced before they can meet their obligations, it's not even a tech demo at this point. It's a loving tech wank/experiment that eats money and shits out F- grade promotional materials. They have no idea what the loving game is gonna be, much less how the gently caress to cobble together this pile of bubblegum & baling wire that is the Crusader sandbox into whatever shape they're gonna need it to be.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Haskell9 posted:

If Derek bans me for accurately reporting a bug in his game I will rain urine upon his head in this thread non-stop and I'm really good at being an abrasive dick.

hehe, it's great that I don't do that then :)

btw, Friday's build is up on DSS with a boatload of fixes http://lodmmo.com/known-issues/ and a major update to the space scenes. Oh! and new jetpack models!!

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

runsamok posted:

The one thing the loyalists never manage to figure out is that between their "everything is alpha" and "they've done so much to lay the foundations" branches of apologetic rhetoric they've basically described a Ship of Theseus. Everything is alpha, and will likely need to be replaced whole cloth (DX12 renderer upgrade, net code refactoring, instance & server management, back-end databases for persistence just to cite things that are either in-game or will be "soon"TM), meaning they haven't laid the foundation for poo poo at this point & are only dicking around over-polishing turds to placate their cognitively-dissonant funding suppliers. If every system in the game needs to be replaced before they can meet their obligations, it's not even a tech demo at this point. It's a loving tech wank/experiment that eats money and shits out F- grade promotional materials. They have no idea what the loving game is gonna be, much less how the gently caress to cobble together this pile of bubblegum & baling wire that is the Crusader sandbox into whatever shape they're gonna need it to be.

:boom:

This is literally what my brain is constantly repeating to me every time I hear anything about SC/SQ42.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Beet Wagon posted:

This is a screen cap from the Brady Bunch Reboot

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

This is a screen cap from the Brady Bunch Reboot

I'd post in that thread every day watch the poo poo out of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Star Citizen : Pioneers of Emergent Content.....Because there is no game.

• Locked thread