Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwdNo5B7WwI

This was fun. I now want alternate v-triggers in an update, so Ryu can v-trigger into Evil Ryu. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

Lemon-Lime posted:

I just constantly gently caress up my charge timing without looking at the timer, and when I make sure I hold back for long enough, it always feels like I'm charging for too long. I also play against a bunch of Ryus and Nashes who love fireball spam, and having to wait for a second every time I want to throw a fireball worries me slightly. I like her normals a lot, though - kind of nuts that you can trivially cancel cMK into HHyaku given the range on cMK.

She can't wakeup SBK while quick rising, right?

use PPP/KKK to do quickrise. You hold charge and just hit PPP for quick rise(i think, might be back hop i can never remember until i start playing) then you can reversal EX sbk easily

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

SectumSempra posted:

Out of all the things chun li is, i'd never list her on the fun to play as side.

She's about as fun to play as as vega in this game,(and I'd say vegas pretty eh in this game fun wise, but good) kinda one trick. And if 'fun' is winning theres no need to use 2 axis

Makes the game more fun and Street Fighter feeling to me instead of some weird Capcom attempt at a Mortal Kombat game with horrible feeling slow buttons and automatic combos. Shrug!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Sick! Thats DOPE posted:

Makes the game more fun and Street Fighter feeling to me instead of some weird Capcom attempt at a Mortal Kombat game with horrible feeling slow buttons and automatic combos. Shrug!

Wat

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I think he's talking about Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
He's saying he judges games biased on how similar to "Street Fighter" they feel.
I think with that in mind, Street Fighter may be his perfect game.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Does anyone else have the problem where the game thinks they're somewhere they're not?

I'm almost 100% positive that's not where Seattle is.

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug

Sarchasm posted:

Does anyone else have the problem where the game thinks they're somewhere they're not?

I'm almost 100% positive that's not where Seattle is.

It happens to some people... PR_Balrog is apparently in Indiana somewhere.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the game knows i'm in nyc but gives the wrong local time

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Game's bad

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I just lost on stage 49. FML.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
The game thinks I live in the ocean off the coast of Africa...

which is true because I'm Punished "Venom" Snake irl

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

A.o.D. posted:

More quality fun times brought to U by Capcom U.S.A.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

The game thinks I live in the ocean off the coast of Africa...

which is true because I'm Punished "Venom" Snake irl

At least you got a zoo...

A guy on giantbomb has it thinking he's in Europe. He thinks it's because he used a VPN to unlock early. Not sure if there's any way to fix it, he's reinstalled and everything.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

the game knows i'm in nyc but gives the wrong local time

Me too, I'm in Chicago and get Eastern time.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I got my first disconnect today. It feels kinda nice to know that I made someone mad enough about videogames that they restarted their console rather than have a loss on their record.

I also feel like i'm understanding the game finally, I can pretty consistently do super basic combos and barely ever mess up the simple movements for the special attacks. I still suck but it feels good.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Moons just had one of the most insane comebacks with Dictator right now at NLBC. Holky gently caress that was nuts.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
So how's that March update with the stuff that should've been in the game at launch coming along?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It'll drop after Final Round

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Ultra David was in town visiting his GF's family and stopped by the arcade today and we got out as many people as we could on short notice. I got to play a couple sets against his Fang. He's a pretty nice, friendly guy. Also has a pretty drat wicked Q in 3s. Had fun. ...playing SF5. Oh my God, I know.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

teagone posted:

Moons just had one of the most insane comebacks with Dictator right now at NLBC. Holky gently caress that was nuts.

Apparently Mika is vortexing some assholes tonight

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I got off of work, hopped into training mode with Chun and booted up Bafael's BnB video and pastebin article, and cr.Lk->cr.Lp xx SBK.LK felt infinitely more natural to me than any Necalli BnB I've done. I'll keep him in the back pocket against certain characters, but I think I found a new main. :3:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
your bnb is actually 2lp 5mp 2mk xx mk sbk :evilbuddy:

i tried doing frametraps for a bit off meaty 5mp instead of 4hp but for some reason 5mp has even more pushback making the it borderline impossible to walk in for a throw or stuff a button :psyduck:

Pomp fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Mar 10, 2016

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

yeah let's see how natural that feels :getin: also let me know what your wrists feel like after practicing instant air legs/stomp forever.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Pomp posted:

i tried doing frametraps for a bit off meaty 5mp instead of 4hp but for some reason 5mp has even more pushback making the it borderline impossible to walk in for a throw or stuff a button :psyduck:

Yeah that's one I started to grind and had trouble doing; I'll get more into it tomorrow if I have time. It just felt more natural to do with Chun. :shrug:

I was also doing short hop air legs every 1 in 10 times after doing it perfectly on the first attempt so that's an improvement I guess!

EDIT: I like the idea of Chun being the offensive version of "Easy to learn, difficult to master" because she can do so much crazy stuff like CC a DP with 4HP, V-Trigger, 4HP, 4HP, Super (which I can't help but think of Kazunoko's Yun when I watch that) but starts off very much "Just do footsies! :) 3-hit combo! :)" On the other, defensive end you have Ryu and basically just knowing the appropriate time to parry everything and ruin someone's poo poo.

bhsman fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Mar 10, 2016

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

e:^^ I don't really see her as being easier to learn than the other characters, tbh

Pomp posted:

it would be cool if pushback data was published somewhere. like if you could create an algorithm sort of like what FAT app does with frame advantage, but also with ranges and pushback so you can see if your poo poo whiffs or not

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I'm really new to SFV/fighting games and I'm curious, what game is it most like in the series? I don't really have any experience with the others but I remember people saying it was a big change from 4?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I'm really new to SFV/fighting games and I'm curious, what game is it most like in the series? I don't really have any experience with the others but I remember people saying it was a big change from 4?

its like 4 with a three frame input buffer, 5f throws, even stubbier hitboxes, and homogenized normals across most characters

and i still enjoy playing karin :q:

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

Smirking_Serpent posted:

i feel like its sorta like Alpha 3. not too similar though, its pretty unique

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Smirking_Serpent posted:

It's not a drastic departure from 4, from a casual point of view. When the preview videos came out, the main complaint I heard was it looked like SF4 with new graphics.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Magic Pixel comeback from NLBC last night

https://d1qugqs02rnrk6.cloudfront.net/8f206e82-371f-4c2f-8be1-69a35556d2c0.mp4

No chip kills can make things interesting, see? :haw:

teagone fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Mar 10, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

A.o.D. posted:

yeah lost a few times on 50 myself its fun :sun:

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan

bhsman posted:

I got off of work, hopped into training mode with Chun and booted up Bafael's BnB video and pastebin article, and cr.Lk->cr.Lp xx SBK.LK felt infinitely more natural to me than any Necalli BnB I've done. I'll keep him in the back pocket against certain characters, but I think I found a new main. :3:

Coming off Necalli onto Chun as well (boy that sounds dirty), but it's absolute hell stopping my own muscle memory from doing haka stomps. Same motion as legs, but legs are unsafe as gently caress. I've been dumping my meter to EX legs constantly while trying to break the habit.

3 hours of her and it feels like I'm playing day 1 again. Pressing all the wrong buttons, not knowing my ranges that well, getting excited when I do one entire BnB, walking when I should dash, loving up the charge timing/motions on both fireball and SBK, having no panic button DP (which is causing me to jump like a madman again). As devastated as my rear end gets, it's pretty fun learning someone so different. Casual matching seems to be working out while I try and get a grip, and I sort of enjoy getting the same gold ranked Laura over and over again. I get a chance to figure out what's going on despite the matches being entirely one sided.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ok i think I will be playing Birdie. I love Zangief but Birdie feels like, what if Zangief wasn't bad, and had options besides being at point blank

Rashid is cool too but once people figure out my gimmicks I lose :v:

Reznor
Jan 15, 2006

Hot dinosnail action.
I been having feels about geif to. I tried a few rounds with dictator and I was immediately doing significantly better. It was wild.

Also, are any of zangierf's hard colors worth it? Looks like yellow is his best.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

A.o.D. posted:

dont ever play survival without a trainer. your life is too short to waste

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

Partial Octopus posted:

Does anyone know any meaty setups for nash?

http://pastebin.com/7JkWnBgG

This is something I've been working on, still needs some improvement. Based on (and in my opinion improved) on this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRXhRqkr9F4

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I was screwing around at work today and made a quiz that helps people pick a SFV main. It's by no means perfect logic-wise (mainly used my own understanding of the game + the prima guide + popular consensus) but hopefully it can serve as a starting guide for players who are like 'WHO DO I MAIN':

https://tinyurl.com/sfv-main

The logic is all dumped right there inside the page so feel free to tear it apart.

e: no jokes about it suggesting chun no matter the input

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

March update details

http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/03/10/new-character-alex-and-sfv-update-details

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/03/10/new-character-alex-and-sfv-update-details