Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Rurea posted:

recommend me a movie with some really top notch cool action scenes that i can watch on netflix/amazonprime/hbogo ??????

The Good, The Bad, And The Weird. It's a Korean Western on Netflix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

CCKeane posted:

The Good, The Bad, And The Weird. It's a Korean Western on Netflix.

Claiming Vigilante

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm watching the Democratic debate on Univision and the moderators are everything I want my mafia game to be like.

They are stone cold

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rurea posted:

recommend me a movie with some really top notch cool action scenes that i can watch on netflix/amazonprime/hbogo ??????

Rurea posted:

part 2: How Oksana got her booze back.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Rurea posted:

Hot Fuzz.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I think I've lost all interest in playing or making games. I've been trying to make a setup for months now and I just :effort:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Rurea posted:

blues brothers
die hard
die hard 3
hot fuzz
no country for old men
shaun of the dead

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Opopanax posted:

I think I've lost all interest in playing or making games. I've been trying to make a setup for months now and I just :effort:

how is soldiers game going?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

busb posted:

how is soldiers game going?

Someday. Someday

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i hope everyone is watchning the best debate ever

way better than that dumb penis stuff

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Oksana: The Mule Strikes Back

The year is 1942, europe is in a shitstorm, well the shitstorms of all shitstorms, and Pyotr Dickless Smirnoff is dead and gone, his fortune and company being passed on to his bastard son, Viktor. Meanwhile, in the bronx, new york, usa, there was a small asian community that was called like little chinatown or something similar. There was a bar in little chinatown that was called Паб Питера run by an old russian woman about 4 feet tall whose face looked like a wrinkly puppy, who would answer to the name Oksana.
One day a young man named Lyndon walked in all depressed and sat himself down at the bar. there were only a few patrons at that time of day so Oksana waddled over to him and asked him what he wanted. He said, "man im fuckin parched i could use a tasty tasty beverage." so Oksana knew just what to give him, she got some vodka out, mixed it in ice with some mint and ginger beer(she discovered the carbonation adds a necessary element to the drink) and poured it in a copper mug. Lyndon took a sip and to her disappointment he had a confused look on his face. " what is this called?" he said to her, and she replied " Oh i just call it a Dizzy Fizz" and hes like thats an awful fuckin name, and this drink would be better with some lime in it. So he squeezed some lime in it and oksana took a sip and the old lady had a goddamn heartattack right there because it was so good. they called 911 and she got taken to the doctor but it was fuckin 1942 so theres not much they could do, plus she was like 100 years old. so Lyndon follows her to the hospital and sits with her as she is dying, still sipping his drink the whole time, and he says" im so sorry i didnt mean to kill you" and her last dying words were " it kicks like mule.." and she died.
So lyndon takes the recipe for this fabulous drink, and he pitches it to this fellow named Paul who apparently has some big time big money connections, and wants to sell this drink at all of his bars around new york. So they make a deal and lyndon is granted free drinks at their establishments for life and they would help him run for president in the future, and they get the recipe. They let lyndon name it and he decides to name it after the old broad, the drinks virgin kill. All he knew is that she was russian and her last words so he decided to name it the Russian Kicker, he pitched that idea and Paul's guy said it was extremely racist and sends the wrong message. So lyndon goes back to the drawing board and comes up with the actual name, the Moscow Mule, and it was an instant success.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Ixtlilton posted:

I read this and was like "Is that the guy with the hot mom? Wait no that's Microwave."

Edit: And then thought about it some more and realized who it actually was. drat.

that would have been awesome as gently caress if microwaves mom was on TV for the democratic debate

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
hey y'all are there any games starting up that i can ruin

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Look Under The Rock posted:

How are you, thread? Music school is kicking my rear end and I met my soulmate yesterday and she moved in right away. She's the cutest here is a picture http://imgur.com/iAXZv7p

That is a super cute :shittydog:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I'm thinking of running for a local political office. Any opinions, thread?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Getcha paper up and prepare to be disappointed in America

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

Getcha paper up and prepare to be disappointed in America

America, don't believe in you, believe in the me that believes in you.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Meinberg posted:

I'm thinking of running for a local political office. Any opinions, thread?

It's an incredible idea you should absolutely do.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I'm so mad right now. If I was a cartoon character, my face wouldn't be turning red, it would be ALL THE WAY RED, and there would be steam coming out of my ears, and my nose, and also my eyes.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Rurea posted:

mad max fury road is on hbogo

Opopanax posted:

others have risen to the challenge before, you were not the first opopanax, nor will you be the last. but, you have been the worthiest.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Barehanded Brother posted:

Join Kash's CYOA Mafia!

(This is advice for everyone, not just BHB)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

I'm so mad right now. If I was a cartoon character, my face wouldn't be turning red, it would be ALL THE WAY RED, and there would be steam coming out of my ears, and my nose, and also my eyes.

What's wrong gulag

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mafia thread, I know that animu and manga are alternatingly lauded and shat upon here, but I really would like to encourage folks who have time to read through some of the works of Satoshi Mizukami.

One of his latest works, Spirit Circle, is about a boy and a girl who's lives are tied through multiple past lives, all of which we get to see and live through. It's spiritual, thoughtful, philosophical, heartfelt, and fun. I think it only has one chapter left. It's available on Crunchyroll.

Another one of his works, Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer, has a silly name but is about people chosen by animal familiars as knights to protect a princess, all set in the modern day, all working together to try stop a magician from dropping a massive space hammer onto the earth to smash it to pieces. Twist is the princess wants to destroy the world because she hates it, and the new knight protagonist thinks this is a keen idea. It is available for purchase on Amazon.

If these are interesting to any of you but maybe not enough to shell out some money they are also around in Scanlation, if you do some digging.

They're really, really well written and they make me feel lots of feels and I hope you will consider reading them!!

e: Here's a general thread regarding his works as well: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3511289

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

What's wrong gulag

I saw a dark future in my crystal ball where quidnose was going to talk about bad anime.

also my cat broke a glass.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

GulagDolls posted:

I saw a dark future in my crystal ball where quidnose was going to talk about bad anime.

also my cat broke a glass.

a dark time for all

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Another one of his works, Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer, has a silly name but is about people chosen by animal familiars as knights to protect a princess, all set in the modern day, all working together to try stop a magician from dropping a massive space hammer onto the earth to smash it to pieces. Twist is the princess wants to destroy the world because she hates it, and the new knight protagonist thinks this is a keen idea. It is available for purchase on Amazon.

This is actually a really good manga, and as someone who spends much of his time in the depths of the worst of the medium, I can assure you that it stands as a mature and insightful piece, that is also fun and accessible.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Rurea posted:

I think they have a plethora of good kung-fu films on netflix. French Netflix just got the Raid which I can't recommend enough, and Enter the Dragon, which is slower than you think, and there should be a bunch of Jackie Chan films, all which are good.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Meinberg posted:

This is actually a really good manga, and as someone who spends much of his time in the depths of the worst of the medium, I can assure you that it stands as a mature and insightful piece, that is also fun and accessible.

Agreed! Meinberg if you haven't read Spirit Circle you should go read it RIGHT NOW because it's just as wonderful as Biscuit Hammer if not better! I am torn!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Agreed! Meinberg if you haven't read Spirit Circle you should go read it RIGHT NOW because it's just as wonderful as Biscuit Hammer if not better! I am torn!

Well, I suppose I could delay my re-read of the Naoki Urasawa opus Billy Bat.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I think they have a plethora of good kung-fu films on netflix. French Netflix just got the Raid which I can't recommend enough, and Enter the Dragon, which is slower than you think, and there should be a bunch of Jackie Chan films, all which are good.

jackie chan is great, and one of australia's best martial artists

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I still haven't seen the Raid movies. Should fix that.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

TMMadman posted:

Is that a copy of 'The Talisman' by King/Straub?

Yeah, I inherited a bunch of beat up paperbacks from someone who moved out of the building and took that one because it's been a while since I read it. And now I haven't restarted it. Been reading Dark Tower for the first time instead. Which I liked way more at the beginning and now it's a slog (book 5).

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Yeah, I inherited a bunch of beat up paperbacks from someone who moved out of the building and took that one because it's been a while since I read it. And now I haven't restarted it. Been reading Dark Tower for the first time instead. Which I liked way more at the beginning and now it's a slog (book 5).

Oh nice, is that the one from the bookstore?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

For the longest time, The Dark Tower was basically my favorite thing ever. I still think The Gunslinger holds up as an amazing weird western.*

*I've never read the revised version, which supposedly crams in a bunch of continuity in order to remove contradictions between the early and later books. Also, any version of The Gunslinger lacking Michael Whelan's paintings isn't one you want to have around.

Then the fourth book came out.

The second and third books were fairly lengthy and, I felt, could use a bit of editing, but there's a very sharp dividing line between the front half and the back half of the series, and the beginning of Wizard and Glass is the dividing line. Not only did King's writing evolve noticeably between 1991 and 1997, he also added what felt like eight million other plot points and digressions. I slogged my way through, eventually losing track of everything maybe a third of the way through The Dark Tower (book seven) itself and putting it on the shelf. That book has moved 1500 miles with me, and then through four apartment changes after that. I still have never finished it.

e: all that said, I really need to rewatch El Topo.

hexwren fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Mar 10, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Come Explore the Void, a mafia/CYOA crossover extravaganza.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Barehanded Brother posted:

Kashuno posted:

Come Explore the Void, a mafia/CYOA crossover extravaganza.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The Gunslinger is a great book.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Rurea posted:

recommend me a movie with some really top notch cool action scenes that i can watch on netflix/amazonprjust watchime/hbogo ??????

If you can find American Ultra, I super enjoyed that one. Last Action Hero was on Netflix last I checked, that one is awesome. Otherwise just watch Person of Interest.

Allen Wren posted:

For the longest time, The Dark Tower was basically my favorite thing ever. I still think The Gunslinger holds up as an amazing weird western.*

*I've never read the revised version, which supposedly crams in a bunch of continuity in order to remove contradictions between the early and later books. Also, any version of The Gunslinger lacking Michael Whelan's paintings isn't one you want to have around.

Then the fourth book came out.

The second and third books were fairly lengthy and, I felt, could use a bit of editing, but there's a very sharp dividing line between the front half and the back half of the series, and the beginning of Wizard and Glass is the dividing line. Not only did King's writing evolve noticeably between 1991 and 1997, he also added what felt like eight million other plot points and digressions. I slogged my way through, eventually losing track of everything maybe a third of the way through The Dark Tower (book seven) itself and putting it on the shelf. That book has moved 1500 miles with me, and then through four apartment changes after that. I still have never finished it.

e: all that said, I really need to rewatch El Topo.

I actually really enjoyed Wizard and Glass, apparently that makes me a total weirdo.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

merk posted:

The Gunslinger is a great book.

I really liked kings book of short stories that includes the story stand by me is based on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 27, 2020