Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Yeah, that was the one I was following, but I also saw the dual RF totem build and wanted to know if RF was worth checking out. Thanks.

Slo-Tek posted:

RF totem is a lot better. Kills tons faster. Not quite as fire-and-forget on positioning, but dual RF totem and a beam totem, with rapid decay/elemental focus/extra burning melts the poo poo out of everything more or less instantly, and needs no equipment. Wideswing is a nice pseudo-5link you can get for a song that will hold you for quite a while, and it is perfectly playable in merciless with a Tabula.

This one covers the topic, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1510181

Cool, thanks.

I had seen that post you linked already, I just didn't know which one was more effective. My marauder is only like 26, so I wont have to change anything out, thankfully.

Also, thanks for the wideswing tip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Guess I'm gonna be streaming some speedrunning in Labyrinth and poo poo with music you'll probably hate.

https://www.twitch.tv/ultima66

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Detonate corpse, respect it.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Flesh Forge posted:

Detonate corpse, respect it.

Indeed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TU8jMDmJYY

This just got fixed.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

Mortimer posted:

Oh there's a difficult boss? Place totem, hide behind wall. The totems even taunt enemies once you get the second ascendency points. Merc Lab was easy at 70, and not terrible at the other difficulties because RF allows you to focus on dodging stuff. Just remember to click a totem near enemies once in a while.

Does Chieftain's taunting totems node work with RF? I figured it didn't because the node says the taunt applies "on hit", and I thought RF was a degen like Searing Bond.

I'm doing BM dual flame totems this league. I started out intending to switch to RF at some point, but I think I like flame totems too much.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Hey uh, the Witch Mistress of Sacrifice Ascendency perk looks kind of neat. "Your Offering skills also affect you."
e: in fact that looks fun as hell, I'm gonna do that

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Mar 10, 2016

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

Hey uh, the Witch Mistress of Sacrifice Ascendency perk looks kind of neat. "Your Offering skills also affect you."
e: in fact that looks fun as hell, I'm gonna do that

It's very broken and leads to probably the most broken max block builds of the current patch.

So this is about what you should expect when they put Lab leaderboards into the game. Unless a totally different route is found I think the best possible time for this one is in the 5:40 range. Maybe faster Perandus kills could pull it down to like 5:20-5:30 since I don't know exactly how the mechanics work right now and can't exactly kill him faster with my current gear anyways. I guess warning to mute so you don't have to listen to either me or my music.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Is it me or are Jewelers less effective? I found a nice 6S5L before I managed to even six socket my (better) chest. Lost ~140 so far.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The Real Foogla posted:

Is it me or are Jewelers less effective? I found a nice 6S5L before I managed to even six socket my (better) chest. Lost ~140 so far.

It's supposed to be around 1 in 350 odds to 6s something, a bit better than that if you 20/20 it first.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

The Real Foogla posted:

jewelers and fusings no longer consume quality, so it's almost certainly the case that they nerfed the unqualitied rate to compensate

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Tabletops posted:

also anyone interested in currency swapping between sc/hc? I wanna make a witch/caster (first time) on SC but I also want to have a smooth ride and start with a lifesprig and some other leveling gear.

Couldn't you just make the witch in HC, grab the currency you want from the stash, then go die?

Sharay
Apr 19, 2008

Valle posted:

Couldn't you just make the witch in HC, grab the currency you want from the stash, then go die?

The character would respawn in Standard and not SC Perandus.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

theshim posted:

Find a high-level rare armorer's or cartographer's strongbox? Vaal it.

Those can be modified by orbs? Vaal it is then.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Sharay posted:

The character would respawn in Standard and not SC Perandus.

Right. Was it the same for Talisman?

Edit: I did not know that. Didn't notice amulets popping up on poe.trade, but then again I didn't specifically look for them either.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Valle fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Mar 10, 2016

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
It has always been like that. Every HC league has always ripped you to permanent standard.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Just a warning to people who plan on autocasting their bone offerings: putting them into a +2 minion gems helmet will push them above the threshold for CwDT setups. Don't waste a shitload of currency planning around this like I just did. Plan around the thing giving +35% block.

Ugh, I could self-cast with faster casting and increased duration, but that's an ungodly pain in the rear end.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
If you're melee builds can't you put it on Cast on Melee Kill??

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

If you're melee builds can't you put it on Cast on Melee Kill??

CoMK costs two gemslots that reduce your ability to MK in the first place.

UNLESS... ancestral bro works with it, then you just add culling strike for a nice 4 link finisher

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
I selfcast Bone Offering because I like to have control over it, and it only takes a brief moment. My Desecration is in a low level CODT link setup along with Immortal Call. Today's patch is adding a buff indicator to Flesh/Bone Offering if it's affecting you, which will make selfcasting it more convenient.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
What's the consensus on the best builds for speed-running labs? Like if my goal is to create a character for only running the labs, no mapping or anything else, what should I be looking at? Is QotF viable, or is evasion so bad that I'll just RIP too much in the lab? Haven't played for like 6 months, so I'm a bit behind on all this stuff.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
So RunnyCrits got offered a 2L tabula from Cadrio.

What?

Edit: Also, it seems that a lot of the instance crashes + rollbacks were caused by played trying to craft items. Chris said they banned 6 dudes and should be fixed now.

funmanguy fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 10, 2016

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
well, if you need a lifesprig, I just put one in the SC guild stash

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

The March Hare posted:

What's the consensus on the best builds for speed-running labs? Like if my goal is to create a character for only running the labs, no mapping or anything else, what should I be looking at? Is QotF viable, or is evasion so bad that I'll just RIP too much in the lab? Haven't played for like 6 months, so I'm a bit behind on all this stuff.

speed running needs Whirling Blades, extrapolate from there

Hauki
May 11, 2010

ronya posted:

well, if you need a lifesprig, I just put one in the SC guild stash

Yeah, lifesprig should be easy. I've given three so far to various goons this league, so hopefully one of them can pass it along. I'm also 8/9 on hermit cards, so I'll probably have another to give away soon enough.

Also thanks to another goon I've got hegemony's up and running now, I just need someone to bro deal me a cadiro lightning coil no hopefully that'll help on the defensive end. Reflect loving wrecks me hard right now, even with 5kish hp, decent leech, endurance charges, armor, granite and basalt flasks and cwdt immortal call all running. On the plus side, there's loads of room for improvement in virtually every other piece of gear I've got on :v:

Edit: also funman were you not around for that tabula fun last night? I won't spoil it, but cadiro had nothing to do with it.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

The Real Foogla posted:

speed running needs Whirling Blades, extrapolate from there

I saw one dude also running a low level cwdt with phase run and inc dur. That's kind of ingenious imo.

Also I'm really curious if ggg will ruin the best tabula ever, or just keep quiet on it.

Hauki fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Mar 10, 2016

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Tiny Bug Child posted:

Does Chieftain's taunting totems node work with RF? I figured it didn't because the node says the taunt applies "on hit", and I thought RF was a degen like Searing Bond.

I'm doing BM dual flame totems this league. I started out intending to switch to RF at some point, but I think I like flame totems too much.

Something keeps taunting enemies and it sure isn't me. RF is a lot better than flame totem and doesn't require you to run BM because RF costs no mana so they're inherantly 0 mana cost totems :v:

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

Ultima66 posted:

Guess I'm gonna be streaming some speedrunning in Labyrinth and poo poo with music you'll probably hate.

https://www.twitch.tv/ultima66

drat I didn't realize you were a goon! I saw/posted in your reddit thread about labyrinth (since I was struggling to do it with Voltaxic).

On that note- finally cleared Merc Labyrinth to get my points, and of course I rolled +20% rear end Mark effect on my Rat's Nest. Soooo glad to hit a skill I use on the first go, since it took a ton of attempts for me to finish.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Tykero posted:

Today's patch is adding a buff indicator to Flesh/Bone Offering if it's affecting you, which will make selfcasting it more convenient.

Oh, that would be very convenient.

And clearly GGG thinks that bone offering is balanced! In comparison with some of the crazy amounts of DPS other ascendancies can put out, it arguable could still be balanced.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Katasi posted:

I would send you an invite if I knew your character name.

The specified character does not exist.

I believe his actual character name is "A_Fancy_Luncheon".

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
This is amazing :allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYiYHj1ktHw
Some dude figured out how to make a 0 dps perma-stun vacuum cyclone build

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Looks like it's a Duelist Slayer with Overwhelm ("Always Stun Enemies That Are on Full Life"), using damage conversion to convert all physical damage to not-fire and Avatar of Fire to deal no not-fire damage to deal no damage period.

vvv Ah, that's probably it. Couldn't quite figure out how to get all the damage conversion to work with the weapons he was holding.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Mar 10, 2016

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
That is goddamn glorious. :allears:

e: I think it's using Ancestral Bond, actually.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Hauki posted:

Edit: also funman were you not around for that tabula fun last night? I won't spoil it, but cadiro had nothing to do with it.

Hauki posted:

Also I'm really curious if ggg will ruin the best tabula ever, or just keep quiet on it.
I saw that mentioned in gchat (was therer only a short time) and saw the reddit post. So what did happen with that thing?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Phobophilia posted:

Just a warning to people who plan on autocasting their bone offerings: putting them into a +2 minion gems helmet will push them above the threshold for CwDT setups. Don't waste a shitload of currency planning around this like I just did. Plan around the thing giving +35% block.

Ugh, I could self-cast with faster casting and increased duration, but that's an ungodly pain in the rear end.
Also doesn't triggering a L20/21 CWDT take prohibitively too much damage to be consistent? There's no way I'd want to take 3k+ damage before defense come online.

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005
Does anyone know if the Essence Drain dot/drain works with Zealot's Oath? The tooltip says "regenerate" but I'm getting mixed answers on whether this works or not.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

Xequecal posted:

Does anyone know if the Essence Drain dot/drain works with Zealot's Oath? The tooltip says "regenerate" but I'm getting mixed answers on whether this works or not.

It works.

Speaking of ED, since I got my increased AoE up, I don't understand why you wouldn't play ED with Contagion. I love dotting up one group, and having it chain with me to the next room to the next 2-3 packs. There's something so extremely satisfying about it that CoC discharge or EQ doesn't touch.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Mystery Prize posted:

This is amazing :allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYiYHj1ktHw
Some dude figured out how to make a 0 dps perma-stun vacuum cyclone build

theshim posted:

That is goddamn glorious. :allears:

e: I think it's using Ancestral Bond, actually.

This would make searing bond not be a pain in the rear end to use. Plop down a totem, sweep up everything with cyclone, and let searing bond do the killing with the AOE it creates at your character. No, actually, it would stop stunning once they dropped below full health.

Bluemillion fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 10, 2016

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Are blue vagan daggers with "hits cannot be evaded" actually worth dozens of chaos

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

Rurutia posted:

It works.

Speaking of ED, since I got my increased AoE up, I don't understand why you wouldn't play ED with Contagion. I love dotting up one group, and having it chain with me to the next room to the next 2-3 packs. There's something so extremely satisfying about it that CoC discharge or EQ doesn't touch.

They buffed the Pierce gem a lot in 2.2, it gives 30% more damage at level 20. Void Manipulation is only 40% more, so you can just use Pierce instead and for the cost of a 10% more multiplier you can just ED entire packs with one cast as it applies the dot to everything hit.

The other thing about ED that I'm wondering is if the leech available from several Ascendancy classes actually works with damage over time. AFAIK no other source of leech up to this point works with damage over time, (the Life Leech gem certainly doesn't) but I'm wondering if stuff like Scion/Berserker actually does. It just says "damage."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

lurksion posted:

I saw that mentioned in gchat (was therer only a short time) and saw the reddit post. So what did happen with that thing?

I guess I missed it as well- anyone want to let us in on the secret?

• Locked thread