Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
capcom unity is going down from the :zerg: lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Why is there no video I wanna hear Jazzy NYC 16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSzPbO9DFcg

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

quote:

Challenge Mode

Demonstrations: Learn the ins and outs of Street Fighter V through helpful demonstration and tutorial content. Contains content for each of the 16 characters, as well as advice geared towards players of all skill levels:

Beginner Tutorials: 12 lessons covering, movement, normal attacks, special attacks, V-System, throws, counter hits, chip/recoverable damage, etc.
Intermediate Tutorials: 11 lessons covering projectiles, invincibility frames, armor and armor break, recovery, cross-up attacks, anti-air options, etc.
Advanced Tutorials: 4 lessons covering back dashing, frame advantage/disadvantage, combo potential, button priority, etc.
Character Tutorials: 16 lessons covering each individual character.

Trials: Put your skills to the ultimate test with combo trials for all 16 characters, ranging from basic to pro combos.  Completing Trials will also earn you some extra Fight Money

That + 2/3 ranked was a lot more than I was expecting

Cat Machine posted:

Why is there no video I wanna hear Jazzy NYC 16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSzPbO9DFcg

The Third Strike Online remix was pretty bad, I hope they don't screw it up

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Wow, these updates are really good!

quote:

Challenge Mode
*Demonstrations: Learn the ins and outs of Street Fighter Vthrough helpful demonstration and tutorial content. Contains content for each of the 16 characters, as well as advice geared towards players of all skill levels:
*Beginner Tutorials: 12 lessons covering, movement, normal attacks, special attacks, V-System, throws, counter hits, chip/recoverable damage, etc.
Intermediate Tutorials: 11 lessons covering projectiles, invincibility frames, armor and armor break, recovery, cross-up attacks, anti-air options, etc.
*Advanced Tutorials: 4 lessons covering back dashing, frame advantage/disadvantage, combo potential, button priority, etc.
*Character Tutorials: 16 lessons covering each individual character.

Sounds like a solid tutorial mode akin to Skullgirls'

quote:

Online Rematch Option
Salty from a close loss online? Want revenge? Players can now play a 2/3 set in Ranked Match, provided both players accept the rematch.

Um... YES

Also 8 person lobbies FINALLY.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

2/3 ranked being opt-in doesn't make sense.... why would you run it back after winning game 1? No sense risking that sweet LP

also this update has pretty much everything that everyone was pining for, i thought it was gonna be trickled down across months, whyyyy wasn't this game just delayed a month

Help Im Alive posted:

The Third Strike Online remix was pretty bad, I hope they don't screw it up
everything 'remixed' about 3SOE was so offensive, i feel ill when i see those character renders

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Not sure if anyone else is getting mostly broken images on the website, figured I'd post this here so people can actually see him if it's the same case

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Cat Machine posted:

2/3 ranked being opt-in doesn't make sense.... why would you run it back after winning game 1? No sense risking that sweet LP

pussy

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

I really like some of the changes. Those in-depth tutorials look really good!

I like the spirit of the rematch option, but I wonder how that will actually work. If the rematch is accepted, is the 2/3 for ALL of the points? Given how many people ragequit, it's hard for me to believe many people will win the first match and be willing to put their points on the line to be lost again. If the rematches aren't for points, I think that has a chance of actually working, since it still gives the loser the chance to "save face".

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yayyy they removed the cr.lp doubletap throw tech

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
"Online Rematch Option - Salty from a close loss online? Want revenge? Players can now play a 2/3 set in Ranked Match, provided both players accept the rematch."

In what universe do Capcom think the SFV Online community, a collection of hollow shells that look like human beings who will reset their console if they lose precious League Points, will accept a rematch after winning the first one?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
There's nothing about it in the post so it's most likely a no, but I really hope they've made the decision to have the new characters playable in training mode even if you don't own them.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Well it might be cool if you beat someone in a close match and it's a matchup you rarely see. Some people don't care about ranks, just the matchmaking. Just rematch every non Ken

This update looks pretty cool. I wonder how good Alex's vskill/vtrigger is. Seems like a feast or famine type of thing, where its either got to be really good or pretty bad but we'll see

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
They're taking out a couple option selects, but I have a good one I think Capcom overlooked.

If you're in a situation where something bad happens, say "sorry," but mumble it so it almost sounds like "s'alright." If people blame you for the bad thing that happened, it comes out as an apology. If people blame themselves, it will come out as a reassuring "s'alright."

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
So it turns out that hideous guy fixing the car was Alex.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
alex looks good until you get to the hair

Shockeh posted:

"Online Rematch Option - Salty from a close loss online? Want revenge? Players can now play a 2/3 set in Ranked Match, provided both players accept the rematch."

In what universe do Capcom think the SFV Online community, a collection of hollow shells that look like human beings who will reset their console if they lose precious League Points, will accept a rematch after winning the first one?

capcom are dumb

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Microwaves Mom posted:

So it turns out that hideous guy fixing the car was Alex.

Was that even a question? It's pretty obviously him.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Pomp posted:

alex looks good until you get to the hair
cant wait to see how badly it clips through his skull on the fuckin character select screen

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

dhamster posted:

They're taking out a couple option selects, but I have a good one I think Capcom overlooked.

If you're in a situation where something bad happens, say "sorry," but mumble it so it almost sounds like "s'alright." If people blame you for the bad thing that happened, it comes out as an apology. If people blame themselves, it will come out as a reassuring "s'alright."

I got one for you -

Before the match, say "I don't even play this game". If you lose, the other person gets a hollow victory from beating someone who doesn't even play this game. If you win, the opponent feels the shame of getting bodied by someone who doesn't even play this game. Win-win!

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Shockeh posted:

why would you want to rematch someone like this in the first place

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

For real though no more blonde characters after this or at least give me a color swap FOR ThE LOVE OF DIEGO UMEJUAREZ, CRAPCOM

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe

fozzy fosbourne posted:

For real though no more blonde characters after this or at least give me a color swap FOR ThE LOVE OF DIEGO UMEJUAREZ, CRAPCOM

Well, Guile is a blond too, isn't he?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Guile

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Are there any other projectiles besides fang and sim's that ryu cant tatsu through? Is it just because they arc?

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
How am i supposed to tell what alex is like if i cant see how wriggly his fingers are

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Ryuga Death posted:

Well, Guile is a blond too, isn't he?

Ugh. I just can't take any more banana hair, I swear to diego el chupacabra umejuarez I hate it worse than stubby normals even

Capcom give me Turtle Guile Dad alt with white hair and a bald spot in the middle of his flat top

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
isn't urien a blonde too before he powers up

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

darealkooky posted:

isn't urien a blonde too before he powers up

Yeah definitely, I can deal with that though. Plus you know they are going to go ham with color swaps on him, like dhalsim/necalli

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Ugh. I just can't take any more banana hair, I swear to diego el chupacabra umejuarez I hate it worse than stubby normals even

Capcom give me Turtle Guile Dad alt with white hair and a bald spot in the middle of his flat top

he keeps his beer in it

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Please gif juri before combo breaker TIA.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

https://twitter.com/letshugbro/status/707972658055487488

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Not sure if anyone else is getting mostly broken images on the website, figured I'd post this here so people can actually see him if it's the same case

wow Alex looks great

I love the new animations/style, the only character I dont like is ken

love them boobs too (not ken's)

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

holy poo poo thats great.

Can't wait for the PC mod.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Is the new patch/challenge mode/two-jobs McD's Alex skin out yet?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Madcosby posted:

Is the new patch/challenge mode/two-jobs McD's Alex skin out yet?

No: "All of these new SFV features and game improvements are planned to be ready later this month and we’ll share an exact date soon."

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
his hair and entire person actually looks like poo poo

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Why would you not accept a rematch from someone you just beat? Unless it was super close and you're not confident you could do it again, in which case you should lose the points anyways because what a pussy

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Microwaves Mom posted:

holy poo poo thats great.

Can't wait for the PC mod.

Just needs Dark Donald now for the full Mugen effect.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Hold up a second, are you saying that none of Alex's supers are returning

What is this malarckey

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

dangerdoom volvo posted:

his hair and entire person actually looks like poo poo

At ease, loosah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

inthesto posted:

Hold up a second, are you saying that none of Alex's supers are returning

What is this malarckey

Seriously all his super arts were awesome and they're using none of them