Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrKrankenwagen
Mar 21, 2005

I'm really looking forward to the Black Panther movie now. He looks amazing in motion.

Also, they're going to make Spider-Man movies forever.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The vision scene is cool because you can see the floors all cracked and broken around him so hes probably super dense.. well hes turned his density up. I dont know but part of his power is that he can get heavier so Id say theres a good chance, judging form the cracks in the floor that hes doing that.

Boob Marley
Nov 1, 2011

Flesh for Fantasy

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I dont care about that.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

OldTennisCourt posted:

So there's a 95% chance Goblin's the villain in the first MCU Spidey film right?

Feige has said he wants the first one to be set in high school and have a real John Hughes vibe.
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/06/28/kevin-feige-next-spider-man-will-have-new-villains-john-hughes-vibe

It'll also feature new villains

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

For some strange reason they aren't using the Rottentomatoes average score.

Boob Marley
Nov 1, 2011

Flesh for Fantasy

computer parts posted:

For some strange reason they aren't using the Rottentomatoes average score.

Only freshness matters?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

idgi

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

DrKrankenwagen posted:

I'm really looking forward to the Black Panther movie now. He looks amazing in motion.

Also, they're going to make Spider-Man movies forever.

Man, Sinister Six BOMBED. Holy poo poo!!!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Boob Marley posted:

Only freshness matters?

No? Or else the IMDB column wouldn't be there.

Thor 2 has the exact same average rating as Man of Steel. In conjunction with freshness, this would seem to indicate that more people liked it, but they didn't like it as much.

computer parts fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Mar 10, 2016

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I feel like the only person who honestly liked The Dark World a lot. It's better than Thor 1 in my opinion and I might have actually like it better than Iron Man 3.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Codependent Poster posted:

Cap can return for Infinity War easily enough with the infinity stones.

I was going to say, even if they do have that iconic Cap/Thanos scene they will definitely have him appear at some point to scream "AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!" for Infinity War Part II's climax.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

OldTennisCourt posted:

So there's a 95% chance Goblin's the villain in the first MCU Spidey film right?

I think there's a better chance they use someone they haven't yet. Scorpion is a good bet.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Feige has said he wants the first one to be set in high school and have a real John Hughes vibe.
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/06/28/kevin-feige-next-spider-man-will-have-new-villains-john-hughes-vibe

So it's just going to be another MCU movie, but with 80's songs playing in the background every now and then?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Codependent Poster posted:

I think there's a better chance they use someone they haven't yet. Scorpion is a good bet.

If they're gonna have Spiderman be a little kid, the villain obviously should be The Vulture.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

HorseRenoir posted:

So it's just going to be another MCU movie, but with 80's songs playing in the background every now and then?

Worked for Guardians.

Wait, my bad, those were 70's pop hits.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

OldTennisCourt posted:

I feel like the only person who honestly liked The Dark World a lot. It's better than Thor 1 in my opinion and I might have actually like it better than Iron Man 3.

I went and saw Thor 2 with some friends and really liked it. It made me go back and watch Thor 1 since I hadn't yet; it was pretty alright too.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Every time I think of the new Spider-Man movie I just get really sad.

It's going to be awful and there's no way around that.

The most I can hope for is that it is the most middle of the road Marvel movie ever, but I dread even those chances because Sony looms over it like a lovely mountain.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I liked PThortal 2. It, along with Ant-Man, Ghost Rider 2 and Man of Steel, has the only good fight scene in superhero movies.

Seriously, most Marvel movies are just variations on punch and punch harder and shoot a lot and sometimes scream or quip. A few have good choreography, but even then almost they never do anything creative with their powers, so the few exceptions stand out.

Boob Marley
Nov 1, 2011

Flesh for Fantasy

computer parts posted:

No? Or else the IMDB column wouldn't be there.

Thor 2 has the exact same average rating as Man of Steel. In conjunction with freshness, this would seem to indicate that more people liked it, but they didn't like it as much.

You are right.
And the mysterious idiot who made that abomination of a table got the memo. Whoever he was...

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Boob Marley posted:

You are right.
And the mysterious idiot who made that abomination of a table got the memo. Whoever he was...

I still don't get it. Is it a Marvel vs DC thing? Why leave off the Batman movies? Dark Knight would handily be first and Rises would be second (a little lower on his older table).

Boob Marley
Nov 1, 2011

Flesh for Fantasy

Guy A. Person posted:

I still don't get it. Is it a Marvel vs DC thing? Why leave off the Batman movies? Dark Knight would handily be first and Rises would be second (a little lower on his older table).

Only comparing the two big Cinematic Universes here.
Nolan's trilogy got wiped out with the advent of Batfleck and none of its glory counts towards the current universe.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

OldTennisCourt posted:

Both of the Thor movies are two of my favorite films in the MCU. gently caress the haters.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Guy A. Person posted:

That's likely the reason they got left off.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

It's almost like.... it's trying to look like a comic book cover.
Yeah, I know, no wonder it looks so bad.

Boob Marley
Nov 1, 2011

Flesh for Fantasy

Skwirl posted:

le sigh...

Nolan's trilogy got wiped out with the advent of Batfleck and none of its glory counts towards the current universe.

By the same token, I don't have all the Marvel flicks made by Sony and Fox. Does this make sense to you? I'm not comparing all comic movies of all time from Marvel and DC, just two the official "universes" helmed by their respective, official studios.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Boob Marley posted:

why is this even a thing

does anyone really care about the "cinematic universe" stuff? like I get people like the movies, but they barely interact anyway, its like the weird arguments about star wars canon

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Boob Marley posted:

Oh gotcha but it seems unfair that one of the two "big universes" is a single movie so far.

Skwirl posted:

I actually do get it :ssh:

Boob Marley
Nov 1, 2011

Flesh for Fantasy

Luminous Obscurity posted:

does anyone really care about the "cinematic universe" stuff? like I get people like the movies, but they barely interact anyway, its like the weird arguments about star wars canon

Yes. Me. I care about two big studios trying to slug it out for my money and adoration. Especially when one seems to be seriously sucking wind.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Boob Marley posted:

By the same token, I don't have all the Marvel flicks made by Sony and Fox. Does this make sense to you?

Not really, you should include those too.

Fox's movies are a cinematic universe unto themselves though, at least as of Days of Future Past.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

edit: oops wrong thread

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Boob Marley posted:

le sigh...

By the same token, I don't have all the Marvel flicks made by Sony and Fox. Does this make sense to you? I'm not comparing all comic movies of all time from Marvel and DC, just two the official "universes" helmed by their respective, official studios.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
^^^Haha, game time :munch:

Boob Marley posted:

Especially when one seems to be seriously sucking wind.

oh snap here we go someone threw shade on man of steel in cined

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Boob Marley posted:

Especially when one seems to be seriously sucking wind.

Again it's been one film. The weird thing is you could have waited a week and a half to see what the first actual "shared universe" DC film did, but you decided to prove your point now.

If you're concerned about them competing for your money and adoration, I can probably just tell you based on your posts which company it will be. No need to even run the numbers!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Boob Marley posted:

You are right.

Did you make this? Because it's dumb.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
I really hope they utterly subvert the Civil War comic and it's Stark who gets shot.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Ahahah.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I really hope they utterly subvert the Civil War comic and it's Stark who gets shot.

This is what I'm hoping for too.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

That would be incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

I hope they subvert themselves and Black Panther shoots them both.

• Locked thread