Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsargon the Great
Jun 4, 2005

~=~ NuMBa 1 PoSta~=~
CuTiE
This game looks a lot like an improved Archeage, and the fact that so many old Archeage guys playing it seems to bear that out. As such, does anyone have a spare guest pass?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

quote:

• Channel chat will now cost 1 Energy for the first and 3 Energy for any consecutive message

Now only the most dedicated will be able to Trump chat in channel and advertise for VVVVVV.BIKINIPANDA.CUM.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

LegalPad posted:

Now only the most dedicated will be able to Trump chat in channel and advertise for VVVVVV.BIKINIPANDA.CUM.

This just gives me even more incentive to trigger people in Channel chat.

WoW was the first MMO. Discuss.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I did this

And now no one speaks in channel since they are all in the default international one

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Third World Reggin posted:

I did this

And now no one speaks in channel since they are all in the default international one

protip as gently caress

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

I did this

Ha! Nice.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Spot the bars that indicate where people are fishing

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Spot the bars that indicate where people are fishing

Ok for real what the gently caress do those bars mean? Is green land resources and blue water resources? What are the other bars, then?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

kalstrams posted:

Game processes go on, fishing including. It does stop rendering so there is no GPU load, CPU load becomes minimal, and RAM load does not decrease significantly. You can hop back into game in bare seconds, it's surprisingly fast.

My concern with this was reports that when it gets disconnected in the tray, it goes to the splash screen and ramps up your GPU to 100%. Is that bullshit?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Eltoasto posted:

My concern with this was reports that when it gets disconnected in the tray, it goes to the splash screen and ramps up your GPU to 100%. Is that bullshit?

I didnt see my gpu lock at 100% but it did stay a step below. Not quite 2d mode but not quite full blast. I think it was at like 45% gpu.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Probably depends on GPU and driver combination.

What's retarded about it is you can't even do anything if you DC and are kicked back to the title screen, only immediately quit the game when you click OK. If you're going to do that, just quit the game anyway.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
I guess I'm sort of enjoying it but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot to do that necessitates a group, at least as far as leveling goes. I miss Chinagame...

Are there methods to level other than run around completing lame quests? Is it practical to just grind in a camp?

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

I guess I'm sort of enjoying it but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot to do that necessitates a group, at least as far as leveling goes. I miss Chinagame...

Are there methods to level other than run around completing lame quests? Is it practical to just grind in a camp?

its all youll be doing later.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

First off quests don't level you, if you want character levels grinding is how to do it. Other that that everything else gives a tiny amount of experience. Group things come in at the 45-50 range or in grind groups leveling.

We have goons who still haven't touched leveling and are just crafting.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Grondoth posted:

Ok for real what the gently caress do those bars mean? Is green land resources and blue water resources? What are the other bars, then?

I only know that the middle blue bar is fishing resources. No idea what the green/yellow bars mean.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
On the one hand, GoonTangClan was the best.

On the other hand, Grithok getting mad @ goons was the best.

Someone convince me which guild to join.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Shalhavet posted:

On the one hand, GoonTangClan was the best.

On the other hand, Grithok getting mad @ goons was the best.

Someone convince me which guild to join.

Sure

In my opinion....

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

after three days of trying like six different people to get into one of the guilds i finally figured out that you put your message in the first box and the person's name in the second one. i'm dumb as hell.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

i'm dumb as hell.

Welcome to parks and rec

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Eonwe posted:

Welcome to parks and rec

wow i cant get an invite and the fish playing piano does? im gonna meltdown

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

So, on trade wagons:

If you press R to mount the wagon, and then press T to start your autopath while the animation for climbing on the wagon is in progress, the wagon will snap to the direction of your autopath, meaning you don't have to perform a U-turn when leaving Bartali Farms anymore. Note that it takes a moment for the climbing on the wagon animation to start, also worth noting is I've only tested this with the flimsy cart.

Incase I was unclear: http://gfycat.com/FabulousTautAmericanavocet

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

minchar posted:

So, on trade wagons:

If you press R to mount the wagon, and then press T to start your autopath while the animation for climbing on the wagon is in progress, the wagon will snap to the direction of your autopath, meaning you don't have to perform a U-turn when leaving Bartali Farms anymore. Note that it takes a moment for the climbing on the wagon animation to start, also worth noting is I've only tested this with the flimsy cart.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Blazing Zero posted:

wow i cant get an invite and the fish playing piano does? im gonna meltdown

this is hatespeech

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Yea that's like a newt or something

Shalhavet posted:

On the one hand, GoonTangClan was the best. On the other hand, Grithok getting mad @ goons was the best. Someone convince me which guild to join.
Join whatever and listen to Grithok in mumble

Jackard fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 11, 2016

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
Earlier someone had posted a nice, detailed little guide with the best skills to concentrate on for Valk. Anyone happen to know which one are good for Berserker or warrior? Was thinking about trying out a melee class.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

lurksion posted:

Probably depends on GPU and driver combination.

What's retarded about it is you can't even do anything if you DC and are kicked back to the title screen, only immediately quit the game when you click OK. If you're going to do that, just quit the game anyway.

Don't click okay to acknowledge the disconnect. Just click start.
If it hasn't been sitting there a long time it will just take you back to character select.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Grondoth posted:

Green is farming. Like think dirt and water for a second.

Rain water can come and be wiped out real fast.

Yellow is morale for cities that you don't have to care about yet. Probably.

ParksAndRec has plenty of room. If you want in, you know the drill. Message one of the officers or goons or something otherwise we can not invite you.

Drinkfist is the master of coin
Eonwe is the morale officer
the other gus I don't even know I just promoted who ever to officer

Most of us are on CTS just in a misc channel called the angry dome. If you say something dumb, don't worry, we will make fun of you in there.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

HotBobaloo posted:

Earlier someone had posted a nice, detailed little guide with the best skills to concentrate on for Valk. Anyone happen to know which one are good for Berserker or warrior? Was thinking about trying out a melee class.

for berserker, the skill where you spin around with your axes stuck out. its the best one

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

klapman posted:

for berserker, the skill where you spin around with your axes stuck out. its the best one

if you can get the healing on hit awakening from it. we had a guy take 216 memory shards to get it, hes become a running joke.(im not in the goon guild) hi yggy!

warcraft_boyfriend_99
Aug 12, 2007

by Pragmatica
I didn''t log in for a couple of days (a week probably) and come back to a guild ban message? I am assuming this was to make room for other players, and thats cool. How the hell do I get back in the guild though? Since I went all super casual this past week, its only fair someone took my place, but I do want to play with you guys... just been on a 11 day stretch at work. I bought lucky underwear and everything. Orwin / b2 goontang

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

xechostormx posted:

I didn''t log in for a couple of days (a week probably) and come back to a guild ban message? I am assuming this was to make room for other players, and thats cool. How the hell do I get back in the guild though? Since I went all super casual this past week, its only fair someone took my place, but I do want to play with you guys... just been on a 11 day stretch at work. I bought lucky underwear and everything. Orwin / b2 goontang

just pop into mumble and ask lumbering troll, he'll take care of it :)

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 4, 2020

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Welcome to parks and rec, where you can actually have recreation and not a guild jorb

we spend all day creating pictures of ron swanson with pine needles

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

minchar posted:

So, on trade wagons:

You can also left click on the wagon icon in your UI to "whistle" for it to come to you like a mount. But unlike a regular mount, it will just teleport to you. Great for when it is at a bad angle or just a little too far from the trade person.

Another similar trick I found is that you can whistle for a horse that's run out of stamina, and if you set up the distance just right you can start running before it reaches you so it will follow you around. It's much faster than riding it without stamina.

LegalPad fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Mar 11, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Welcome to parks and rec, where you can actually have recreation and not a guild jorb

we spend all day creating pictures of ron swanson with pine needles

My guild job in GoonTang is Oxygen Thief.

I do play every day but only as Filthy Casual.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Finally got my T3 mounts to level 10 and bred them together for my new T4 lineup.

Dice here was the best result. Black mane and snow white tail. It's also the fastest horse so far, with 119% base speed.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Someone made a handy lil map if you forgot where trees are

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

LegalPad posted:

Finally got my T3 mounts to level 10 and bred them together for my new T4 lineup.

Dice here was the best result. Black mane and snow white tail. It's also the fastest horse so far, with 119% base speed.

Aaahh it's so pretty. I ran out of females and I'm trying to level up more T3's but the timers on breeding and exchange is rough. Plus I been having crashing issues when I run from one region to another :(

if i get one more brown t3 male i'm going to punch my monitor

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Mar 11, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

eo eo eo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

As someone who came to this game with the promise of open world PvP and epic GvG wars and castle sieges I have been greatly mislead as to what this game has to offer. I suffered through the atrocious grind to 50 just to find that my style of game play is extremely hard to even do because of all the terrible development ideas. First off, the fact that you are unable to even flag and engage in player vs player combat until level 45 is probably the most idiotic thing I've come across in any game ever so far. Second after I finally got to 50 I am punished for flagging and engaging in end game PvP in the open world because of this karma system, which I admit is fine to have in game but needs to be adjusted so that you can kill more than 4 people before you become a bandit.

Another issue that needs addressed is the Mounts, yes I understand you can partake in mounted combat but unfortunately unless you're a witch you cant use all of you abilities while mounted which makes combat linear and not as fun in my opinion. Also you need to be able to knock people off of their mounts easier for example if you attack from the front force the horse to buck the player off, this will allow ambush combat in a GvG war to be more relevant because as is if an enemy is mounted and I am not he can simply just run away because there is really a low chance of doing enough damage to the horse to kill or knock him off before he is gone.

So far I think the combat system of the game is great but they have created such a Carebear atmosphere for the PvE players they make it feel as if they dont even want PvPers in their game. It just baffles me that you can create such a detailed game but leave out some of the simplest and most important aspects of an MMO which is Player vs Player combat. I urge you to make changes as soon as possible, and if the people who only wish to PvE are the reason there are so many restrictions on PvP give them a non PvP server to play on.

If you are going to make a sandbox game you need to give the sandbox opportunity to all play styles not just PvErs. There are many more problems and this might not be the most well written stance but I wrote it in a hurry and while I am partially upset because as someone who only PvPs I feel as if I'm being punished because I want skill based combat where you fight other players rather than afk fishing all day.

Please make some changes quick and if the Carebears dont like the PvP aspects give them a sever, if not that trust me the game will be better off with out them.