Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I sold out of Missouri when it was $.52

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I hope no one took trump for speaking time. It's looking real close.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I sold out of Missouri when it was $.52

I'm all in, holding till the end (Well, not the end, but until it's clear on voting day). If it goes Trump then I'm BACK IN THE GAME!!! If it doesn't then I'm fuckin' out. I'm OUT!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

a cop posted:

I did. Mwa ha.

Edit: Erm. Well, I think Trump is ahead. Dammit Rubio stop talking!

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 04:39 on Mar 11, 2016

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

a cop posted:

I did! Yeah, it's not looking great so far. This had to be the debate where he decided to give some succinct answers.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

a cop posted:

I took Cruz cheap, I would be sweating if it wasn't just 6 dollars at risk

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Trump gonna win, my tiny, bad bet is paying off!!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Vox Nihili posted:

Trump gonna win, my tiny, bad bet is paying off!!
Yeah. He had a two-minute lead at the last break, then a whole buncha more Trump happened with time on the clock running out.

Six minute lead now. Trump!

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 04:58 on Mar 11, 2016

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'm real close to saying gently caress it and just betting everything against Trump to get blown out next Tuesday.

I don't mind going down with that ship.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Arkane posted:

I'm real close to saying gently caress it and just betting everything against Trump to get blown out next Tuesday.

An understandable position.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Still, racists gonna vote for Trump in droves in MO. Sweet, juicy, 50% gains.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Gallup Forced To Destroy Defective Sample Group That Failed To Accurately Forecast Michigan Primary

http://www.theonion.com/article/gal...fault:1:Default

Just thought this might help soften the blow for those of us who died.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Rubio NO in Florida is down in the low eighties. Apparently he's doing well at the debate?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

platzapS posted:

Rubio NO in Florida is down in the low eighties. Apparently he's doing well at the debate?

He did pretty good, yeah. I don't think it's enough to overcome the 30% of crazy floridians who are staunchly in Trump's camp no matter what, but yeah.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

zen death robot posted:

cruz by 2% dude

You're probably right. But god dammit. I want to win it all back!!!!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Here are the final speaking times:

Trump: 26:44
Cruz: 22:27
Rubio: 21:28
Kasich: 18:50

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Arkane posted:

He's gonna win Florida.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

Here are the final speaking times:

Trump: 26:44
Cruz: 22:27
Rubio: 21:28
Kasich: 18:50

Whew. Grats, y'all.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm thinking about buying Huckabee for VP (4c) and flipping after he endorses Trump. Don't know when that will be, but he's basically pro-Trump already and his daughter works for his campaign.

Would it be a good bet to flip Carson for VP tomorrow after the endorsement? It already rose to 11c so I don't know if it'll go much further.

Edit: Maybe Huck is a bad bet: http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/huckabee-hearts-trump#.neQmdZ1mo

quote:

Since dropping out, Huckabee hasn’t officially endorsed Trump, but that’s mainly because doing so would complicate his efforts to get a new contract at Fox News, according to two sources familiar with the situation.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 05:25 on Mar 11, 2016

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Great article. Thanks for posting it.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What are the arguments against betting $850 on Trump NO in Washington DC? No clear alternative?

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
People really think that the same state that had Ferguson and the Mizzou circus isn't going to go for Trump? lol

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Arkane posted:

What are the arguments against betting $850 on Trump NO in Washington DC? No clear alternative?

dc's establishment central

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Arkane posted:

I have a $750 bet against him there, and yeah, the only concern is a four-way split that he somehow ekes a win out of out. The closest thing we have so far are the results from Arlington, VA, and Trump hardly received any support there (sub-20% iirc).

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i do think trump yes in dc will go up after tonight so it may be best to hold off and buy trump no later. i also wonder how many of the establishment republicans live in arlington and nova vs live in dc. i imagine the r's in dc are by and large rich, and i'm not sure which way they lean in general

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Abel Wingnut posted:

i do think trump yes in dc will go up after tonight so it may be best to hold off and buy trump no later. i also wonder how many of the establishment republicans live in arlington and nova vs live in dc. i imagine the r's in dc are by and large rich, and i'm not sure which way they lean in general

In 2012 Romney scored 70% of the support available in DC. Ron Paul was second with 12%. Gingrich (the closest thing to Trump???) received 11%.

In 2008, McCain won with 67.6% support. Huckabee was second with 16%.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I wouldn't expect Trump to win DC, but I wouldn't ... underestimate him, either. It's basically a crapshoot. (Betting no on Cruz might be safer, because he's just outright anti-government.) There's anecdotal evidence that Trump has support in the city, but it's quiet and they don't like to talk openly about it.

Another thing is that I don't think DC Republicans are so much this stereotype of rich, cocktail party Republicans. They exist, for sure, but it's largely more overworked office bureaucrats who hate their jobs.

At least that's my experience with DC people I've known.

Baconomics
Feb 6, 2012

Don't underestimate Trump in DC - he won their straw poll last week

http://dcgop.com/donald-trump-wins-district-of-columbia-gop-straw-poll/

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
Just checking in to add my name to the people who got killed by the Michigan Democratic primary. RIP, much of my PredictIt balance! I bailed on about 30% of what I had in there - I was not going to be able to access the site from about 9:15 pm to 11:15 pm, and decided that was about what I was willing to risk when it still looked like the outstanding cities might give Hillary the win. Oh well - it's been fun, and I still have a couple hundred dollars in there to continue having fun with.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Baconomics posted:

Don't underestimate Trump in DC - he won their straw poll last week

http://dcgop.com/donald-trump-wins-district-of-columbia-gop-straw-poll/

I'd argue that who the gently caress shows up for a straw poll 10 days before the primary, but then who the gently caress shows up for the DC convention? The territories get to pretend like they count in the primaries, but if you live in DC you're 24/7 reminded that you don't count for poo poo when it comes to federal elections.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Trump better hope he doesn't win, then he can attack the winner of being a Washington insider.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Arkane posted:

As soon as you can figure out how Cruz wins Illinois / NC...

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Adar posted:

As soon as you can figure out how Cruz wins Illinois / NC...

Might as well see if telling people Trump is totally dropping out works.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Max out on hillary in missouri if you like money

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

what makes you say that?

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
I'm going to let my pre-Michigan bets ride until after DC convention and I'll let the results dictate whether or not I cash out. Like many of you I ignored that straw poll and went with Trump NO.

Ride together, die together.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
If people would just believe Cruz can win in DC I'll be sitting pretty tomorrow. I just need a few cents cheaper NO to ensure I make money on the who knows gamble of DC.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

RNC's master plan of strategic voting to make Cruz the nominee is hitting the presses. BUY BUY BUY Trump!

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Abel Wingnut posted:

what makes you say that?

Its plausible Hillary loses Missouri but 50/50 odds (and actually, bernie no is at 45 right now) is absurd. I'd take that bet any and everyday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Big ole TRUMPMO spike.

• Locked thread