Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Tim brought his machine over to Craig's office because he spotted a bug and Craig was troubleshooting it when he saw the email

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

ok question. i know mbps run hot. but is it really normal for this 13" 2009 poo poo to run 75-85c just while using word powerpoint and a few chrome tabs

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

ok question. i know mbps run hot. but is it really normal for this 13" 2009 poo poo to run 75-85c just while using word powerpoint and a few chrome tabs

yea its hot alright. hot for mens asses, balls, and cocks. :thurman: In all seriousness: Take these softball CJ questions to the gents in IYG and SHSC, they might be able to assist you. This forum is for computer professionals.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

why do retards use chrome on macs and wonder why it runs like crap. chrome is a piece of poo poo

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

zen death robot posted:

just when I think I've read the dumbest possible posts of the day there's always someone out there to prove me wrong

divulge

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
hot and spicy computer, warms my mouth and my loins 😤

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

have you tried restoring it? i hear that's the hot apple tip of the week.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

cremnob posted:

why do retards use chrome on macs and wonder why it runs like crap. chrome is a piece of poo poo

it loads pages better than safari

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

it loads pages better than safari

anything loads pages better than safari

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

safari completely shits on chrome on speed and battery life

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

cremnob posted:

safari completely poo poo

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

chome is bad and highly inefficient so it will brute force ur cpus but also macs have trash cooling because that way they can brag about low fan noise

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
chome and slowfari both use slowkit which is very very bad, but where chome will eat all your cpu as it fails to render, slowfari atleast keeps its fail aids to a single core.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Shaggar posted:

chome and slowfari

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Shaggar posted:

chome and slowfari both use slowkit which is very very bad, but where chome will eat all your cpu as it fails to render, slowfari atleast keeps its fail aids to a single core.

shagger you have to update your information, chome no longer uses slowkit, it uses flunk now

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

last niught my 5s froze so bad i had to do a hard reset on it, should i restore it? heard it only takes a few minutes

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

My Linux Rig posted:

shagger you have to update your information, chome no longer uses slowkit, it uses flunk now

according to the internet it uses something called blink which i guess is a fork of part of slowkit. more like stink, if you ask me.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

cremnob posted:

chrome on macs

lol

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
webkit and webkit-derivative browsers are bad, word filters aren't funny and a crutch for bad mods

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 30, 2016

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

I used to use Chrome on my mac until I realized it was slow as gently caress and full of fail aids. So I switched to firefox, but now firefox seems slow and full of fail aids. I'm quickly running out of options here

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

safari is the best browser, even on my 4GB 2013 Macbook Air it has no problems.

and it has AirDrop, iCloud bookmarks, iCloud tabs and iCloud Keychain support cross-platform with iOS so i don't see how anyone can use anything else and still justify paying extra to be in this eco-system.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Justify Your Ecosystem

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

i installed chrome on my mba because amazon prime video only works in safari with silverlight, and hoo boy silverlight on mac lllllllllmmmmmaaaaaaaoooo

i was not aware that the mba's fan could spin that fast

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

zen death robot posted:

chrome runs with no problems at all on windows just thought id mention that

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

word, powerpoint, chrome: three notoriously well behaved mac applications

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
chrome is a massive cpu and memory hog and will suck your battery dry. don't use it

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Linguica posted:

I used to use Chrome on my mac until I realized it was slow as gently caress and full of fail aids. So I switched to firefox, but now firefox seems slow and full of fail aids. I'm quickly running out of options here

Upgrade to windows so you can use IE11

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

zen death robot posted:

chrome runs with no problems at all on windows just thought id mention that

this is not true, its just that windows is a much better platform so everything works better than it does in osx

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
once Edge has tracking protection/extensions it will take over from IE as best browser.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

haha

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

lomarf

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

zen death robot posted:

edge still lacks extension support

well at least each version of it isn't an application of its own

idk why it took them this long to figure out that was a bad idea for browsers though

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

THC posted:

you should try restoring it. it only takes like 20 minutes

literally less than 2 years ago we would mercilessly quote / mock android users who posted stuff like this

timb what have you done

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

:ohdear:

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
lmao apple became trash really quick after steve death, seems like hiring idiots to follow orders works out badly when the boss leaves

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

restoring has always been a good way to troubleshoot iphones and afaik android still doesn't have an equivalent way to do this

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
with android you just drop it in the trash and pick up the next free made in china piece of crap from your carriers store

poty fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Mar 11, 2016

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

or flash some custom roms and spend a few weeks troubleshooting that poo poo

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

THC posted:

restoring has always been a good way to troubleshoot iphones

the sole idea that popularized apple is that consumers shouldn't have to troubleshoot their products

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
whereas iphones just worked and didn't necessitate restoring the phone to possibly fix an issue caused by a poorly designed and implemented update

the point is that iphones didn't require janitoring, and now they do thanks to tim's poor leadership

• Locked thread