Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
He says literally two words, what in particular is bad about it, that he doesn't sound like the cartoon thirty year old man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boob Marley
Nov 1, 2011

Flesh for Fantasy
I'm back. Did the collective DC Cinematic Universe become better than Iron Man 2 since I was gone?

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.
The tone is completely flat, there's no energy, everything about it just screams perfunctory and arbitrary. It's gross.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Boob Marley posted:

I'm back. Did the collective DC Cinematic Universe become better than Iron Man 2 since I was gone?

Yeah, ever since 2013.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Boob Marley posted:

man of steel is a better movie than the movie so mediocre even marvel fans won't defend it, yes

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CountFosco posted:

The tone is completely flat, there's no energy, everything about it just screams perfunctory and arbitrary. It's gross.

He sounds sheepish and awkward which seems to be the point.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

CountFosco posted:

The tone is totally "Yep. I'm Spider-Man. :dealwithit:"

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

greatn posted:

He says literally two words, what in particular is bad about it, that he doesn't sound like the cartoon thirty year old man?

The delivery is fine in itself, it just doesn't work in a dramatic zoom-in shot with intense, pounding music behind it.

Detective Dog Dick
Oct 21, 2008

Detective Dog Dick

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

I'm six years late on this but I finally watched Watchmen and I loved it. Probably my favorite comic book movie. Thematically dense, interesting characters, great setting and tone. Extremely my poo poo. What's the general consensus on it?

I'm generally of the opinion that rape scenes should not have slow motion martial arts choreography, however the Doctor Manhattan origin sequence set to Pruit Igoe is excellent so I'm conflicted.

Detective Dog Dick
Oct 21, 2008

Detective Dog Dick

Sir Kodiak posted:

The delivery is fine in itself, it just doesn't work in a dramatic zoom-in shot with intense, pounding music behind it.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's the joke.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sir Kodiak posted:

I assumed that was the point. It's being built up a dramatic moment and he awkwardly goes "Uh... hi?"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Detective Dog Dick posted:

I'm generally of the opinion that rape scenes should not have slow motion martial arts choreography, however the Doctor Manhattan origin sequence set to Pruit Igoe is excellent so I'm conflicted.

Attempted. Totally different.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dredd is definitely better than either of those.

no it's definitely blade

i love Judge Dredd and i love Dredd but blade is the best

mr. stefan posted:

Buddy Crossovers are a sorely underrepresented cornerstone of the superhero genre outside of comics

like what kinda fuckin shenanigans would happen in Aquaman and The Flash? i dunno but itd probably be better than BvS is going to be

Boob Marley
Nov 1, 2011

Flesh for Fantasy

computer parts posted:

Yeah, ever since 2013.

I have never been rattled harder by anything in my life than this comment. Good god.

Took out the freshness column since that triggers people.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Boob Marley posted:

I have never been rattled harder by anything in my life than this comment. Good god.

according to this Wanted is a better movie than Mstery Men or Blade

get the gently caress out of here with this retard poo poo

Boob Marley
Nov 1, 2011

Flesh for Fantasy

Literally The Worst posted:

according to this Wanted is a better movie than Mstery Men or Blade

get the gently caress out of here with this retard poo poo

lol, yes - get out of here with this retarded objective ranking-by-rating bullshit and let us get back to sassing each other

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Boob Marley posted:

lol, yes - get out of here with this retarded objective ranking-by-rating bullshit and let us get back to sassing each other

you realize that your objective ranking is just averages of people's subjective scores, right? that's like, the opposite of objective

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
according to this chart the plural of anecdote? data. qed people with brains that aren't shriveled and dead

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Boob Marley posted:

What point are you trying to make?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Equeen posted:

that popularity is equal to quality

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

glad to know age of ultron is objectively just as good as ant-man and batman '89

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Not even Watchmen can get away from vehicular homicide. :(

Cool gifs though. I like the bottom one more.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Mar 11, 2016

Boob Marley
Nov 1, 2011

Flesh for Fantasy

you realize that your objective ranking is just averages of people's subjective scores, right? that's like, the opposite of objective

Yes. It is an objective ranking of subjectivity. Saves us all the time of ever having to discuss movies ever again. You're welcome.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Brother Entropy posted:

glad to know age of ultron is objectively just as good as ant-man and batman '89

*nodding in agreement* Objectively speaking, yes of course.

Boob Marley
Nov 1, 2011

Flesh for Fantasy

Equeen posted:

There doesn't have to be a point. Just look at this sheet and gauge how far from the average your own opinions deviate. Then, take those opinions and throw them in the loving garbage. It's time to grow up and assume your place in the machine.

Detective Dog Dick
Oct 21, 2008

Detective Dog Dick
Facts don't lie, people.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Boob Marley posted:

Yes. It is an objective ranking of subjectivity.

i don't think you understand what either of those words means

Boob Marley
Nov 1, 2011

Flesh for Fantasy

i don't think you understand what either of those words means

mean^

Well, that certainly hasn't stopped me yet.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Boob Marley posted:

mean^

Well, that certainly hasn't stopped me yet.

oh word?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Your trolling is bad.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's been several female led superhero movies: 1984 Supergirl, 2004 Catwoman, 2005 Elektra.

Also non-superhero comic strip and indie things like Tank Girl, Brenda Starr and Barb Wire, too.

Oddly enough, during the Batman craze of the late 80s/mid-90s, there was very little real movement on the comic book movie front and there was a fairly few 'big name' comic adaptions. The F4/Capt. America films were incredibly cheap productions that didn't even get to the US theaters.

We saw plenty of indie, newer and lesser-known characters getting comic book movies, but not any of the really popular long-running ones. No Daredevil, no X-Men, no Spidey, no Iron Man, no Hulk, no GL, no Superman, Wonder Woman or Catwoman, etc. All this despite the 90s being filled with several of those having some rumored in-development work being done at the time.

What are the most popular characters to get comic book/superhero films in the 90s? Batman and TMNT, maybe The Phantom and Spawn and Dick Tracy?

For the rest it's Tank Girl, Barb Wire, The Mask, The Crow, MIB, Steel, Blade, a few others here and there, possibly.

Boob Marley
Nov 1, 2011

Flesh for Fantasy

MacheteZombie posted:

Your trolling is bad.

I dunno, seems to have riled a lot of you turds into some serious diarrhea here...

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Boob Marley posted:

There doesn't have to be a point. Just look at this sheet and gauge how far from the average your own opinions deviate. Then, take those opinions and throw them in the loving garbage. It's time to grow up and assume your place in the machine.

Ah yes, the shocking realization that Nolan's Batman trilogy are loved by many.

Boob Marley
Nov 1, 2011

Flesh for Fantasy

Equeen posted:

Ah yes, the shocking realization that Nolan's Batman trilogy are loved by many.

Hehe, there's more stuff on that table, read on...

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This is just

Really this is the best you can do

We'll gladly knife fight each other over stupid poo poo all the time you don't have to try to troll us. It's okay man.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
How can you say watchmen isn't part of the Burtonverse. Adrian Veidt and Bruce Wayne have the same tailor

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Corman's F4 was never intended for release. It was only made to hold onto the rights.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

CountFosco posted:

With some trailers, fans will talk almost exclusively about things like the characters' costumes while pinpointing comicbook references ("Spiderman's mask has smaller eyes!" "Antman rides an arrow!").

With other trailers, fans talk almost exclusively about things like aesthetics and morality ("Superman promotes the wrong ideology!" "It's too 'realistic'!").

Boob Marley posted:

Christ almighty.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Boob Marley posted:

You forgot the MIB movies. You also forgot to make a good chart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Facts don't lie, people.

Facts simply cannot be racist.

• Locked thread