Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
ViciousWalrus also just figured out how to control enemy navigation points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Discendo Vox posted:

ViciousWalrus also just figured out how to control enemy navigation points.

Do go on..

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That new menu looks like XBox live and that in not a good thing.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

here's the video

The same basic system is used for all npcs (though obviously a turret has different nodes assigned than civilians, e.g.) This was one of the few remaining features needed for complete custom levels.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Discendo Vox posted:

:siren:File Leak- epic edition:siren:

There was so much leaked in the new beta, it's hard to know where to start. All courtesy of Lolnoob1 as usual.
  • Most of the following indicate the heist labeled "mad" internally is the second John Wick tie-in. MAD meaning Mutually Assured Destruction. It may be a nuke heist.
  • A new folder and file structure for enemy voice lines, "npc_russian_mercenaries"- the layout suggests we are fighting Russian police.
  • We are getting John Wick's pistol, the H&K P30, with a bunch of variants through mods.
  • Drones (like from Hoxvenge) have a bunch of new files suggesting we will be either building or destroying them. Drone parts are an inventory item.
  • Another new DLC with the file prefix "short" has only a couple files loaded, involving an indestructible window. Diamond Heist?
  • The "mad" heist has a bunch of Russian NPC weapons filesets associated with it, "akmsu", "asval", "rpk", "sr2", and "svd".
  • "mad" files also include another ceiling turret and references to a cessna, like Vlad's brother in law flies.
  • A ton of files are loaded for a DLC internally called "fast". It's vehicle customization!! There are references to a 'hatchback', six muscle cars, one race car, three sedans and one SUV.
  • A new safe, internally called "cola", which seems to only have 5 skins. The legendary is for the amr16.
  • A single new melee, labeled "ballistic" that may be for the new heister.

I can live with even just drones being a new stealth deployable in other heists as at least I can play with more toys while either doing nothing or waiting to move past a guard. New escape cars could be great and they drat well better have more Wick content.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Stealth drones sound awesome.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Drones being some sort of "mark all guards/specials for x seconds" would be cool and useful on some maps

E: misread, it'll be part of a heist i guess?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Fellis posted:

Drones being some sort of "mark all guards/specials for x seconds" would be cool and useful on some maps

E: misread, it'll be part of a heist i guess?

They're also speculating about them having drone parts in the inventory so don't count out that possibility yet, Fellis. They could become the new stealth saw as far as marking goes.:haw:

Stealth's "fun" always came with learning and utilizing gadgets like bond so as long as this doesn't break certain jobs like ECM chaining, it could be cool to bring more toys to the front to allow something for people to do.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 11, 2016

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Ballistic knife melee?

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Adding drone deployables of some sort could be an interesting way of revamping the Technician tree

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
What are "inventory items"? Is that like, gear you pick up in a mission?

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

FAUXTON posted:

Ballistic knife melee?

You're thinking too small. Obviously it's a gun that fires knives.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Wintermutant posted:

Adding drone deployables of some sort could be an interesting way of revamping the Technician tree

Yeah, if it can be used in loud and/or stealth in several ways it could go a long way to help the tree be something more than drill dude. It'll need a lot more than that to be a real tree if not balanced, but its a start.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Maybe mods that you either earn or find like a revamped package hunt? I'd actually love to be able to earn mods by killing specials such as turret vans to earn drone components/mods.

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?
Apparently some of the existing game mods out there have already unlocked skins that haven't been released yet. Get your pretty GL-40 on, I guess.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Dr Cheeto posted:

Crabtree posted:

Maybe mods that you either earn or find like a revamped package hunt? I'd actually love to be able to earn mods by killing specials such as turret vans to earn drone components/mods.

Sorry I wasn't clear- yes, it's an item you pick up in a mission like a cutter or boards. the drone will be something along those lines.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Discendo Vox posted:

Sorry I wasn't clear- yes, it's an item you pick up in a mission like a cutter or boards. the drone will be something along those lines.

Welp, you dream big and most likely they won't come true. Hopefully the new Wick thing is cool and maybe they think about bringing new mission equipment to older jobs.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

More infamy levels coming! :toot:

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Honestly, I really like watching numbers go up even though I know it's silly, so that'll definitely get me back into this game.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Once again Overkill impresses by putting some serious work into the game despite its age and everything else on their plate, but I can't help but keep my fingers crossed that they don't horrendously gently caress everything up considering all the stumbling they did last year. People are already pissed that they pushed the perk deck stuff live without addressing complaints, and nobody seems to be interested in the godawful new menu design.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Wintermutant posted:

Honestly, I really like watching numbers go up even though I know it's silly, so that'll definitely get me back into this game.

i hope the new infamies have better rewards or more realistically the old ones get some more bonuses outside of masks and xp

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

John Murdoch posted:

Once again Overkill impresses by putting some serious work into the game despite its age and everything else on their plate, but I can't help but keep my fingers crossed that they don't horrendously gently caress everything up considering all the stumbling they did last year. People are already pissed that they pushed the perk deck stuff live without addressing complaints, and nobody seems to be interested in the godawful new menu design.

Actually, I think except for not doing anything to Gambler, they did address the feedback people had wrt the other decks. At the very least they implemented the changes that were brought up for Armorer. The invulnerability lasts longer and has a shorter delay than it did in the beta, where it was already pretty good.

Afraid of Audio posted:

i hope the new infamies have better rewards or more realistically the old ones get some more bonuses outside of masks and xp

Infamy bonuses are already worth twice as much as any given heist would give you at infamy 0. I can't wait to have so many XP bonuses stacked that I shoot to level 100 from a single Jewelry Store.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i meant stuff that makes my numbers go up in game rather than just the end screen

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Afraid of Audio posted:

This 1000 times. Seriously, masks and XP? Why would I ever want to be level 0 again? The masks, materials, and patterns are really not worth it to me to have to constantly respec.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Actually, I think except for not doing anything to Gambler, they did address the feedback people had wrt the other decks. At the very least they implemented the changes that were brought up for Armorer. The invulnerability lasts longer and has a shorter delay than it did in the beta, where it was already pretty good.

Fair enough. The Gambler stuff was mostly what I was hearing about, and that was primarily surface level Steam community grumblings, which are automatically at least 30% more pissy by default. Edit: It's still somewhat flummoxing that they'd push this set of changes, then immediately announce that they're radically changing skill trees and retailoring perk decks to those skill tree changes anyway.

I'd say the obvious route for new Infamy stuff is gun skins, but I'm not sure how well that would work when they keep pumping out ones for DLC weapons.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 12, 2016

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I got excited when I saw the words "map editor" but then it turns out they were deconfirming it :(

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

John Murdoch posted:

I'd say the obvious route for new Infamy stuff is gun skins, but I'm not sure how well that would work when they keep pumping out ones for DLC weapons.

If I hit infamy 100-100 can I get a free Dragon Lord? :fap:

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Good lord I'm getting sick of hearing Bodhi's voice, too bad goons are never on and every single pubby plays as him.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Concordat posted:

Good lord I'm getting sick of hearing Bodhi's voice, too bad goons are never on and every single pubby plays as him.

He's not even in the top 4 free characters, how are pubbies this bad.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bodhi is such a loving poser.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
The post 25 infamies will now spread the fire to where your entire body is covered in blue flames by 100-100. 50 unlocks alternate suits to wear outside of the same masks and blue gloves. :v:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

John Murdoch posted:

nobody seems to be interested in the godawful new menu design.

OVK also said they'll respond to that next week.

Crabtree posted:

The post 25 infamies will now spread the fire to where your entire body is covered in blue flames by 100-100. 50 unlocks alternate suits to wear outside of the same masks and blue gloves. :v:

Post-25 each 5 infamies you get an additional location on your body that you can place a mask on.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I dunno it's tough. You don't want to attach substantial mechanical upsides to Infamy. You already have skills and perk decks and people already complain the game is trivially easy. Start tossing in major upgrades and you'll see people under Infamy (X) getting kicked out of games again.

I think gun skins or free drills or something might be a decent incentive. Making Infamy a currency that you can spend (like "5 Infamy = Pair of free drills" or something) might make it a little bit easier to do than trying to add actual skill bonuses into Infamy.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
100--100 you can not only wear masks on your dick but stack about 10 masks on your dick. New emote is added where you dance to the infamy song for a few seconds while holding F.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Wonder if new update stealth-increased the specials spawn rate. Saw a ridiculous number of cloakers on DW Diamond heist - including 4 at one time - and also groups of 3 tasers appearing on Overkill FWB.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Wastrel_ posted:

Wonder if new update stealth-increased the specials spawn rate. Saw a ridiculous number of cloakers on DW Diamond heist - including 4 at one time - and also groups of 3 tasers appearing on Overkill FWB.

Given that there's usually someone asking if special spawns were increased after just about every update, probably not.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Diamond heist is also notorious for having crazy spawn rates already. What you're describing sounds normal for that map.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

John Murdoch posted:

More skillsets please

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Hey, someone with invites, hook me up please. http://steamcommunity.com/id/theVolkov/

Need competent people to play with, not someone who is worse than an AI, and makes typically easy heists, harder simply by existing and doing loving dick squat.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Hobold posted:

Need competent people to play with, not someone who is worse than an AI, and makes typically easy heists, harder simply by existing and doing loving dick squat.

Sadly, I can validate the truth of this man's statement.

Long story short, there's a buddy of ours that we play with that is, for lack of a better term, terrible at pretty much everything. I'll give him credit in that he tries, but that's as far as it goes. We try to push ourselves by doing Overkill and Deathwish heists but he's only really reliable as fodder at that point - makes things more complicated and difficult after a certain point when he's with us, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Cyrelio posted:

Sadly, I can validate the truth of this man's statement.

Long story short, there's a buddy of ours that we play with that is, for lack of a better term, terrible at pretty much everything. I'll give him credit in that he tries, but that's as far as it goes. We try to push ourselves by doing Overkill and Deathwish heists but he's only really reliable as fodder at that point - makes things more complicated and difficult after a certain point when he's with us, etc.

He is less reliable at getting up someone that has been downed than a drat AI is. God help us if a cloaker goes nuts and gets both of us and the AI, might as well restart as he's just as likely to run away from us as he is to die to something unrelated.