Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

sometimes even apple computers need troubleshooting. just not nearly as often as windows PCs and android phones

in fact they are much easier to fix now, and they need it less often than in the past. OS 9 macs were awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
strange that prior to ios 6 iphones never needed "troubleshooting" (i.e. janitoring)

it's almost as if the quality of the os dropped off sharply because someone in a position of leadership failed to focus on quality and instead focused on triangulation and compromise

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

zen death robot posted:

i still think iphones are better than androids though

the s7 will change it this time!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
lol

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i had the original iphone and it had to be restarted and/or restored pretty often. far more than my 5s does

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

THC posted:

i had the original iphone and it had to be restarted and/or restored pretty often. far more than my 5s does

oh word?

you'd think a first generation product would be perfectly stable

this perfectly excuses an overall bell curve of quality, then

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

ayn rand hand job posted:

the s7 will change it this time!

:waits for godot:

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Stymie posted:

strange that prior to ios 6 iphones never needed "troubleshooting" (i.e. janitoring)

it's almost as if the quality of the os dropped off sharply because someone in a position of leadership failed to focus on quality and instead focused on triangulation and compromise

blah blah blah we get it you think iPhones suck

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

ok question. i know mbps run hot. but is it really normal for this 13" 2009 poo poo to run 75-85c just while using word powerpoint and a few chrome tabs

you're using powerpoint and chome instead of keynote and safari idiot.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Stymie posted:

oh word?

you'd think a first generation product would be perfectly stable

this perfectly excuses an overall bell curve of quality, then

my 3gs and my 5 were both less stable than my 6, which is by far the best phone and iphone i have ever owned thanks to tims continued shining leadership after rescuing the ocmpany from the hands of steve.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Stux posted:

you're using powerpoint and chome instead of keynote and safari idiot.

I'm a apple diehard but seriously, keynote? lmao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I'm a apple diehard but seriously, keynote? lmao

keynote pwns actually sorry

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

My Linux Rig posted:

blah blah blah we get it you think iPhones suck

in so far as i'm inclined to believe facts, sure

Stux posted:

thinly veiled trolling

your post quality is really on the decline (which is an accomplishment), you ought to take a break

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

The other day I opened pages. It was kinda nice tbh but I'm never going to use it again.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
they are all servicable, but keynote specifically is very good and head an dhsoulders above powerpoint, which is a complete piece of poo poo

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

it's fine to use powerpoint on a mac. just don't be surprised when microsoft's awful code tries to melt your computer

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

if keynote is good enough for the worlds biggest and most highly anticipated presentation, WWDC, then it should suit your needs perfectly

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

you can work really hard to make nice looking pptxs, but keynote will always make smth much nicer much faster

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

it's goddamn 2016 and I can't apply transparency levels to pictures

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
its 2016 and we're all still posting on a forum

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
keynote has unparalleled wood-textured pie chart technology

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

THC posted:

sometimes even apple computers need troubleshooting. just not nearly as often as windows PCs and android phones

in fact they are much easier to fix now, and they need it less often than in the past. OS 9 macs were awful

my Nexus 4 worked just as well on the day I retired it as the day I bought it. My windows Desktop is insanely powerful and has literally never had a single problem from the time I first powered it on until now. I've never needed to "restore" or "janitor" any of the consumer electronics in my life because I use the best (Nexus phones, beastly Windows rig) and use them as intended. Apple computers and gadgets fail on their own accord and break down in strange linux-y ways on their own volition constantly. You live a Janitor heavy life and are really, seriously, deluding yourself if you think otherwise.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
If you're a computer professional, that's cool - you're accustomed to janitoring stuff and fixing things. Apple and especially OSX are great for you. You enjoy the challenge. Me? I'm a member of the creative class, and don't work in computers. When my computer breaks down it's Not Good - so I rely on the most powerfull tools that, to borrow a phrase and turn it around - Just Work. That's called the Nexus Program, and Windows 10.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

SO DEMANDING posted:

i installed chrome on my mba because amazon prime video only works in safari with silverlight, and hoo boy silverlight on mac lllllllllmmmmmaaaaaaaoooo

i was not aware that the mba's fan could spin that fast

theres some way to force prime video to use flash instead of silverlight but i forget how

either way it's two terrible options, but flash is somehow less bad than silverlight

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Smythe posted:

If you're a computer professional, that's cool - you're accustomed to janitoring stuff and fixing things. Apple and especially OSX are great for you. You enjoy the challenge. Me? I'm a member of the creative class, and don't work in computers. When my computer breaks down it's Not Good - so I rely on the most powerfull tools that, to borrow a phrase and turn it around - Just Work. That's called the Nexus Program, and Windows 10.

lol "creative class"

galleries and design studios love them some macs, let me tell you. hosed if they know why, but "macs are better for art" has been heard more than once

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Smythe posted:

My windows Desktop is insanely powerful and has literally never had a single problem from the time I first powered it on until now. I've never needed to "restore" or "janitor" any of the consumer electronics in my life because I use the best (Nexus phones, beastly Windows rig) and use them as intended.

pleaseurekevin manages to gently caress his PC up on the regular somehow

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 12, 2016

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I bought a rMBP like a year or two ago for my dad but had to return it bc none of the browsers could use flash or silver light without the computer turning up the fans so loud I thought it was going to take off

it's almost like the software is...bad

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

yes flash and silverlight are extremely bad

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Dislike button posted:

I bought a rMBP like a year or two ago for my dad but had to return it bc none of the browsers could use flash or silver light without the computer turning up the fans so loud I thought it was going to take off

it's almost like the software is...bad

it's almost like their QA is loving atrocious and that nerve damaged foxcon employee working up the courage to throw himself off the roof who built it just shot a big jizzy load of thermal compound in there and called it a day

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

infernal machines posted:

it's almost like their QA is loving atrocious and that nerve damaged foxcon employee working up the courage to throw himself off the roof who built it just shot a big jizzy load of thermal compound in there and called it a day

apple's qa is actually really good

you may be thinking of microsoft, which is really bad and has no qa

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol "creative class"

galleries and design studios love them some macs, let me tell you. hosed if they know why, but "macs are better for art" has been heard more than once

You a Fellow Creative? *leans back in eames lounger in stark white studio* Welcome. I've been working on some pieces inspired by the Vaporwave movement.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

zen death robot posted:

don't you use a hackintosh?

He does.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Smythe posted:

He does.

shameful

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

You a Fellow Creative?

i have to use creative ways to convince and coerce people to buy drugs

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Smythe posted:

You a Fellow Creative? *leans back in eames lounger in stark white studio* Welcome. I've been working on some pieces inspired by the Vaporwave movement.

i'm a consultant, i'll be whatever you want me to be, for the right price

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
next you'll tell me the drug industry is evil and im profiting from suffering

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i got a job.. running a pharmacy. hell yeah not a piece of poo poo now am I

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

yeah that dude needs to get his poo poo together

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

echinopsis posted:

i got a job.. running a pharmacy. hell yeah not a piece of poo poo now am I
      /
     /

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
I'm not a businessman. I'm a business, man.

• Locked thread