Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Smelly posted:

^^^they patched that^^^

Yes. Once you hit 15 you'll be on the low end of the next bracket.

Good, that was stupid as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Zipperelli. posted:

I have yet to test the waters of the DZ, but from what I understand, being that I'm lvl 14, I'm in the sweet spot for my bracket?

Is the DZ even possible alone, or is everyone really out to gently caress you up when they realize you don't have a team?

Lvled up to DZ 26 solo the entire time. Next bracket is 15-19.

I have a feeling I should lvl up to DZ 50 before I get lvl 30 because everyone says no one is going rogue in the last bracket because they are grinding for DZ 50.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

exquisite tea posted:

You can already see the sequel path for this kind of game. The Division but in Paris, the Division but in Beijing, the Division but in Dubai, etc. The main gimmick is pretty strong.

As long as we get stereotypical cosmetic items with each new zone I will be behind this.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Smelly posted:

^^^they patched that^^^

but they haven't patched out people just walking in front of your turret when it's firing at some random dark zone looter and you getting rogue status

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
They said they patched exactly that...

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
How do you unlock alternate abilites? I have like half of medical done but I cant change what pulse does.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

poptart_fairy posted:

As long as we get stereotypical cosmetic items with each new zone I will be behind this.

Confirmed enemy factions for Le Division: Mimes, Chain Smokers, Loose Women.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Hopper posted:

They said they patched exactly that...

they may have said that but that's exactly what just happened to me, luckily it seems people around me figured I wasn't trying to start poo poo and left me alone, but I could've lost that yellow M60

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Do you get weapon skins from loot containers and drops? The only one I've got so far was from the rewards vendor.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

alphabettitouretti posted:

Do you get weapon skins from loot containers and drops? The only one I've got so far was from the rewards vendor.

You can do, yeah. LMB tend to drop quite a few hats and I've looted a bunch of fancy jackets from abandoned homes.

exquisite tea posted:

Confirmed enemy factions for Le Division: Mimes, Chain Smokers, Loose Women.

THEM FAHKIN' WANKERS KILLED BARRY

Cocoham
Dec 30, 2008

Zipperelli. posted:

I have yet to test the waters of the DZ, but from what I understand, being that I'm lvl 14, I'm in the sweet spot for my bracket?

Is the DZ even possible alone, or is everyone really out to gently caress you up when they realize you don't have a team?

I played a bunch of lone wolf, and with 1/2 friends from levels 10-14 in dz and it's fine. Every instance of dz is a bit different in terms of hostility, but it's not hard to find a quick group of 1 or 2 players that just want to farm. if you've never gone in yet then the risk is pretty much nothing, even if you get into a poo poo instance with roaming groups of rogues, you've got nothing to lose. I had a lot of fun lone wolf'ing it when I was level 10 so you should have no problem.

Even if you get a DZ with lots of rogues, those are usually the funnest, even if you're by yourself.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The low level DZs I've been in solo haven't had very many rogues, maybe because people are just trying to figure it all out for the first time. I bet they're gonna be a bloodbath in a few weeks' time when bored Division addicts start rolling level 14 twinks to annihilate lowbies, though.

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

Lvled up to DZ 26 solo the entire time. Next bracket is 15-19.

I have a feeling I should lvl up to DZ 50 before I get lvl 30 because everyone says no one is going rogue in the last bracket because they are grinding for DZ 50.

Going rogue isn't worth it at all right now in any way shape or form. You lose so much for dieing and gain so little for living. Even in a perfect situation where you go rogue and get away and get some poo poo worth while you probably would have gotten more just pveing and killing anyone dumb enough to go rogue.

I guess bored geared 30's will come slaughter DZ01 for lack of anything better to do at endgame but other than that its just the same idiots calling you human being over voip to bait you into going rogue.

I want to just ignore the grind and have fun shooting folks in the DZ but I know every time I gently caress around like that its a longer road to better gear and the dudes I just fought got a nice little windfall out of it.

Pvp in this game is fun they just need to adjust it so your not hampering you progress by pvping.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Definitely having fun with this at the low levels - I still have problems with some of the enemy faction concepts (the "Rioters" feel like pandering to every Trump supporter's fever dreams of Violent Minorities and open license to shoot them, and the Rikers invoke all sorts of stereotypes about our manufactured prison population that I dislike; Cleaners and LMB own tho) but Third Person Cover Manshoots Diablo is far more enjoyable than I ever thought it would be, especially when I can roll around in the most ridiculous looking John Lennon sunglasses and stylish-as-gently caress jackets. If anyone wants to hang for lowbie nonsense ATM, Uplay name is TheSpaceDrake.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

exquisite tea posted:

The low level DZs I've been in solo haven't had very many rogues, maybe because people are just trying to figure it all out for the first time. I bet they're gonna be a bloodbath in a few weeks' time when bored Division addicts start rolling level 14 twinks to annihilate lowbies, though.

So far I had two major DZ runs with some foul-mouthed kids from Europe who are always eager to go rogue. The first session went pretty well with quick and rapid loot, the second time we got mostly slaughtered and didn't get much loot, although I did help them live through a high-rogue value manhunt (I unfortunately died along the way).

I also snuck in some lone wolf DZ stuff with a significantly more powerful character than my earlier visit, as in I actually had armor and health, and I think that's going to have a lot more traction than people would expect. People dogpile onto an extraction all the time, so a well placed grenade/skill combo can do a lot of work, surprise is a hell of an advantage and there seem to be quite a few hiding spots. I liked doing slight harassing of big 4 person rogue groups (generally a random grenade toss) and then running for the hills, I could see more fun there as a kind of stealthy sniper too. Oh, and after losing the 3 uplay Dark Zone keys I got right off the bat because one of the kids went rogue right outside the checkpoint and I went out to help him, I'm now at 4 keys from just running past various random dead bodies.

While there's always going to be safety in numbers, I think there's a lot to be said for a two person group. Not having any possibility of a revive beyond the kindness of strangers is a bummer, especially when you just miscalculate and get steamrolled by the AI, and I was constantly getting separated from my allies when we ran as a 3 person group, though again a lot of that is due to playing with Euro-kids.

I had just been having an okay time before the DZ, but I feel like that and some hopefully decent end-game "do these missions a lot of better equipment" could really work out well, at least for awhile. They really need to fix lag in general though, and it would specifically be nice if enemies died when I shot the and not a full second later. I really took "enemies die at the exact moment I shoot them" for granted in Destiny, I certainly appreciate that more now.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

You can do, yeah. LMB tend to drop quite a few hats and I've looted a bunch of fancy jackets from abandoned homes.

Hats and jackets and poo poo I've got plenty of. What I haven't seen once is a weapon skin.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh, oops, completely misread that!

You can get weapon skins from the supply line vendor back at base, though I've never seen one drop.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

poptart_fairy posted:

A two minute extraction time feels so long when your backpack is full.
I was 2-manning in the DZ with biosys yesterday and JFC did that minute and half feel like an eternity.

DZ is the neatest thing.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Soarer posted:

Use it to shed your rogue status too. Most people in the 1-14 bracket don't have filter level 4 so they can't come after you.
This also works somewhat even if you don't have filter level 4 (at least with some subway entrances). You get a big warning long before you hit the contaminated zone. I accidentally went rogue and successfully hid down there from multiple players at level 14 because nobody wanted to follow.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Sandweed posted:

If you do all the side missions in an area you will get a purple BP from the safehouse guy that gave them to you.

Really ? So far I only got blue BPs for finishing a zone.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
shotguns are terrible :mad:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

shotguns are terrible :mad:
I want whatever the Rikers are using. Half a health bar in one shot? Yes please.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

SpaceDrake posted:

Definitely having fun with this at the low levels - I still have problems with some of the enemy faction concepts (the "Rioters" feel like pandering to every Trump supporter's fever dreams of Violent Minorities and open license to shoot them, and the Rikers invoke all sorts of stereotypes about our manufactured prison population that I dislike; Cleaners and LMB own tho) but Third Person Cover Manshoots Diablo is far more enjoyable than I ever thought it would be, especially when I can roll around in the most ridiculous looking John Lennon sunglasses and stylish-as-gently caress jackets. If anyone wants to hang for lowbie nonsense ATM, Uplay name is TheSpaceDrake.
Ironically the game literally addresses the fact that many of the people in Rikers are actually people in holding awaiting trials on smaller crimes and not vicious murderers in one of the earlier radio talk shows. So don't feel bad, you literally are facing off against super max-slaughtered-a-whole-family-and-bathed-in-their-blood murder in the first degree baddies.

Rioters though man it feels like you're playing a George Zimmerman simulator at times.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

alphabettitouretti posted:

Hats and jackets and poo poo I've got plenty of. What I haven't seen once is a weapon skin.

I have exactly zero of these! :v:

Just hit 30 & finished the UN mission. That was a loving bitch. Had to restart from last checkpoint like 4-5 times.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I'm finding shotguns pretty great, get up to a dude and shotgun them in the head and half their health is gone.

SASG-12s are amaaaazing.

Also holy gently caress, the DZ is seriously intense. It never fails to make me and my friend poo poo our pants in terror as we wait at an LZ and swarms of other players show up and we don't know whether or not to trust them and meanwhile the NPCs are plinking at everyone and no one knows if it's players shooting players and aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Shotguns need to be nerfed

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

all apologies posted:

Shotguns need to be nerfed
Nerf all guns except pistol.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

I think they should switch the firerates on the SCAR-H/Mk17 and the M14/M1A. You can effortlessly double tap people and the latter does almost twice the damage per shot, and 10 is still a pretty big base magazine size.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
My roscoe should be a viable primary weapon

I want to roll around like BLAM BLAM BLAM camp lo style

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

I think they should switch the firerates on the SCAR-H/Mk17 and the M14/M1A. You can effortlessly double tap people and the latter does almost twice the damage per shot, and 10 is still a pretty big base magazine size.
The worst thing is the actual SCAR assault rifle is a beast. It's basically a AK with a more circular recoil pattern. The Marksman version... Yeesh.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Wastid posted:

Going rogue isn't worth it at all right now in any way shape or form. You lose so much for dieing and gain so little for living. Even in a perfect situation where you go rogue and get away and get some poo poo worth while you probably would have gotten more just pveing and killing anyone dumb enough to go rogue.

Yep, we had some people bait us last night into going rogue (standing in front of us while fighting enemies, walking into grenade AOEs on purpose). We got slaughtered as a result and each of us lost just about an entire level worth of experience. Not at all worth it when, as you've pointed out, you'd get way more loot for just killing enemies.

If you want to go rogue then getting an alt and trolling people at level 14 is probably the best option.

Odette posted:

I have exactly zero of these! :v:

Just hit 30 & finished the UN mission. That was a loving bitch. Had to restart from last checkpoint like 4-5 times.

30 hours in (don't judge me) so I'm pretty confident in saying that the only way to get new skins so far is via Uplay, redeemable codes, or from the appearance vendor in the back of the combat section of base.

busfahrer
Feb 9, 2012

Ceterum censeo
Carthaginem
esse delendam
To everyone playing on Xbox One:

Have there been any noticeable bugs/slowdowns/shortcomings yet? :ohdear:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I got one weapon skin as a drop in the open beta. I think it's possible to get one in a drop but the rates are really loving low.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

busfahrer posted:

I played for a long time last night and had like two instances of rioters not dying and just standing there until I triggered the firefight I guess and a bit of what was probably lag with other players. No significant issues, though, and it runs better than I thought it would.

But seriously, gently caress that boss cleaner at the end of getting Rhodes back. That flamethrower is ridiculous and I kept running out of ammo. Blew up two of his tanks and he was still going.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
What's the hot top tier way to grind fast?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Someone explain the seeker mines to me and if they are good (or become good?)

I want to like then. They seem neat but the damage is less than the launched explosive, and the launched explosive us less "avoidable".

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Asproigerosis posted:

What's the hot top tier way to grind fast?

XP: main missions / side missions
Loot: go to Dark Zone, kill named mobs

Feenix posted:

Someone explain the seeker mines to me and if they are good (or become good?)

I want to like then. They seem neat but the damage is less than the launched explosive, and the launched explosive us less "avoidable".

I like to think the smoke variant is a better CC than the flame turret. The latter one is always getting hacked or dies too fast.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

busfahrer posted:

Outside of a few slowdowns during 7+ man battles, the xbone version has been extremely solid for me. That includes matchmaking and even finding decent pubbies to play with. I really wish it was 60fps like pc, though. Maybe the xb1 v2 will support that :kiddo:

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
All I really want from Ubi right now is for them to make some more character creation options; I simply made a dude because at least he gets some more options due to having beards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

white guy #1 has the best beard option for some reason. wtf Ubi, I want to give the giant headed black guy a giant bushy beard.

• Locked thread