Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
It turns out the upcoming update might not be Wick 2 after all. They're apparently giving away PD2 codes during the initial release.

Also the movie looks narmy and terrible as hell. :allears:

Hobold posted:

Hey, someone with invites, hook me up please. http://steamcommunity.com/id/theVolkov/

Need competent people to play with, not someone who is worse than an AI, and makes typically easy heists, harder simply by existing and doing loving dick squat.

Invite sent.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Mar 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Discendo Vox posted:

It turns out the upcoming update might not be Wick 2 after all. They're apparently giving away PD2 codes during the initial release.

It was kickstarted a little while ago and it looks like it'll either be amazing or complete garbage. I'm excited for it in either case.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Diamond heist is also notorious for having crazy spawn rates already. What you're describing sounds normal for that map.

There is that, but I've played the heist multiple times and yes, seen 2 or even 3 cloakers pop up together, but never 4 all at once. I've also played FWB multiple times but never seen clusters of 3 tasers appear until today. SWAT, shield and dozer numbers were about standard though.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It seems like every time Overkill drops a patch someone asks if they increased special spawn rates.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Dr Cheeto posted:

It seems like every time Overkill drops a patch someone asks if they increased special spawn rates.

Ptsd from the good ol days when they hosed it up every other patch. There are screenshots of people (sykic) with 150+ special kills on a full cook rats

Fellis fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Mar 12, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Wastrel_ posted:

There is that, but I've played the heist multiple times and yes, seen 2 or even 3 cloakers pop up together, but never 4 all at once. I've also played FWB multiple times but never seen clusters of 3 tasers appear until today. SWAT, shield and dozer numbers were about standard though.

This all still sounds normal to me.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

Wastrel_ posted:

Wonder if new update stealth-increased the specials spawn rate. Saw a ridiculous number of cloakers on DW Diamond heist - including 4 at one time - and also groups of 3 tasers appearing on Overkill FWB.

This is common on console. Except for the Fwb part since we don't have it yet.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Invite sent.

oh steam forums :allears:

BitsOfSkin posted:

Jesus wept...
As if we didn't already have enough cheating noob scum as it is.
Doubt this will draw in any sort of intelligent, 'paying customer' type players.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

Favorite patch fuckup: When specials had this aggression cascade to the point where they would meld into a cop pile with shields and try to run you over in the days before grenades or any shield-killing weapons.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so does this mean we'll be getting another cool melee perk deck :v:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
A cyborg heister that only responds in weird glitchy computer speak -- so another Jacket but with Microsoft Sam.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Crabtree posted:

A cyborg heister that only responds in weird glitchy computer speak -- so another Jacket but with Microsoft Sam.

look at this guy who dosent already have the microsoft sam mod

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Fellis posted:

There are screenshots of people (sykic) with 150+ special kills on a full cook rats

Is there something unusual about this? I don't understand.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Basticle posted:

look at this guy who dosent already have the microsoft sam mod

That mod is terrible memelord nonsense. Jacket is perfect as is. :colbert:

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Skunkrocker posted:

That mod is terrible memelord nonsense. Jacket is perfect as is. :colbert:

i'm with skunkrocker on this one

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Have I missed anything of interest in the last fifteen pages? Work has kept me from keeping up.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Is there something unusual about this? I don't understand.

Me either; grenade launchers exist and I assume anyone tattling on a special wants me to grenade it.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Allen Wren posted:

Have I missed anything of interest in the last fifteen pages? Work has kept me from keeping up.

Infamy 3.0 on the horizon, perk deck changes and skill tree changes soon.

New heist soon(?) judging from files that have been hacked out of the beta.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Allen Wren posted:

Perk deck rebalance dropped. Muscle regeneration nerfed slightly, armorer has a cool damage invulnerability timer after the armor breaks, gambler heals you more if your team members have more health than you, hitman no longer fucks with your total armor and guarantees your armor will regenerate in 5 seconds regardless of what might be happening, crew chief gives damage resistance, burglar moves a bit faster when crouched.

They fixed the stance modifiers on the raven, it now performs like every other shotgun.

The main menu open beta is garbage IMHO, don't bother with it.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 12, 2016

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

chairface posted:

Me either; grenade launchers exist and I assume anyone tattling on a special wants me to grenade it.

By "good ol days" he probably means before the grenade launchers, probably around the time of the LMG or Sniper DLCs. We didn't even have Cloakers back then!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Oh goddammit, Infamy 3.0? I'm not even out of the infamy single digits yet.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Plan Z posted:

Favorite patch fuckup: When specials had this aggression cascade to the point where they would meld into a cop pile with shields and try to run you over in the days before grenades or any shield-killing weapons.

Sykic posted:

By "good ol days" he probably means before the grenade launchers, probably around the time of the LMG or Sniper DLCs. We didn't even have Cloakers back then!

These things are what I meant. Sykic dug up a screenshot where he's using the IZHMA, P90, and C4 because techforcer builds were the One True Build then and C4 would one shot dozers within a certain radius.

Actually while we're reminiscing, I think our old deathwish team comp was like:
1 techforcer with mag plus ace and IZHMA for ammo pickup sustain
1 techforcer with bulletproof ace for team sustain (no regen health back then, armor only)
1 masterforcer with double doc, inspire ace, shieldbash
1 masterforcer/techforcer flex spot, usually techforcer

2 double stuff'd ammo, 1 C4 or ammo, 1 double stuf'd doc

Shields were usually dealt with by having some sort of flanking position or shieldbash!!! (holy poo poo has that skill decreased in value). Dozers were dealt with by carefully pinging them from a distance if possible or using a grenade stun + facemelt.
Secondary of choice was P90 or Loco
Primary was the holy trinity: Car-4, KSP, IZHMA

Its crazy to me that we only ran one inspire, pre nerf too when the range was 10m, but the thing with deathwish then was that without health regen you really had to take cover and move slow. Downs were usually more incidental or due to a dozer push where inspire didn't help you, instead of now when downs are usually due to someone overextending or being an idiot. Also there's no reason to invest in technician without the tier bonus so there's no reason to climb the tree further for the good stuff, thus more people just roll masterforcer.

I've been playing this trash pay 2 win game for almost 3 years now, AMA :corsair:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

The main menu open beta is garbage IMHO, don't bother with it.

Congrats it's optional! http://steamcommunity.com/games/218620/announcements/detail/877446168733420567

Also no spring break community event because pissbaby pubs didn't like it for the effort Overkill put in. No free quad experience city (dj's) for us :mad: I really wanted to see how far I could slingshot from infamy 24 lvl 0 getting carried through something insane.

Also return of best gif

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Allen Wren posted:

Oh goddammit, Infamy 3.0? I'm not even out of the infamy single digits yet.

But a bunch of pubbies can't see the reason to keep playing if they can't see the numbers go up. I mean they'll likely just cheat their way back up in 3 seconds and cry for infamy 4.0, but they've reached the top and had to stop and that's what's botherin' them (amongst other things).

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Most of the Russian file leaks from before are now confirmed to be for a Hardcore Harry crossover-the character and enemy asset names include the names of characters from the film.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Fellis posted:

I've been playing this trash pay 2 win game for almost 3 years now, AMA :corsair:

It's pretty incredible how much this game has changed.

Were pistols much of a thing back in the day?

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Fellis posted:

Team 2EZ represent!

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Fellis posted:

Also no spring break community event because pissbaby pubs didn't like it for the effort Overkill put in. No free quad experience city (dj's) for us :mad: I really wanted to see how far I could slingshot from infamy 24 lvl 0 getting carried through something insane.

It's probably the whole "spend money on DLC to get free things" which was already pretty shady at the time. Crimefest 2015 blowing up in their face is likely Overkill learning their lesson.

Dr Cheeto posted:

I wasn't around from the beginning, but I started before they made huge changes to pistols. Gunslinger aced used to be +50% damage instead of a flat +15, but I remember most pistols being kind of unremarkable with it and then the heavy hitters like the Bronco and Deagle changed drastically with the skill but it was a deep investment. Making it a flat +15 made a lot of the lower damage pistols good for hitting 42 or 39.4 except the Bernetti.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I mainly remember the Sig 40's hilariously broken stance modifiers, where hipfire was laser accurate for no particular reason.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
if they don't add Don't Stop me Now as the heist song for the Hardcore Hammy heist, i'm uninstalling

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Ahahaha- it looks like the thing Dallas and Chains were filming was probably either a promo or some scenes for the Hardcore Harry film! The reddit's already got a ton of whinging, though it's not too bad since it doesn't have as much publicity as crimefest.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

John Murdoch posted:

I mainly remember the Sig 40's hilariously broken stance modifiers, where hipfire was laser accurate for no particular reason.

This was true of the Gruber and maybe the LEO as well.

Stance modifiers were a bunch of goofy bullshit and I'm glad they've fixed them. The AUG had incredibly lovely hipfire for no reason, the Queen's Wrath and Lion's Roar were more accurate from the hip if you were moving. Sometimes crouching was good for accuracy, sometimes it was bad, and sometimes it made no difference.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

UnknownMercenary posted:

I wasn't around from the beginning, but I started before they made huge changes to pistols. Gunslinger aced used to be +50% damage instead of a flat +15, but I remember most pistols being kind of unremarkable with it and then the heavy hitters like the Bronco and Deagle changed drastically with the skill but it was a deep investment. Making it a flat +15 made a lot of the lower damage pistols good for hitting 42 or 39.4 except the Bernetti.
Pistols were still really good back then it's just your selection was more limited. The change really just meant you could choose from more than the Chimano Custom and SIG 40 if you wanted to hit the 40 damage breakpoint at the low end.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Stance modifiers were a bunch of goofy bullshit and I'm glad they've fixed them. The AUG had incredibly lovely hipfire for no reason, the Queen's Wrath and Lion's Roar were more accurate from the hip if you were moving. Sometimes crouching was good for accuracy, sometimes it was bad, and sometimes it made no difference.
I'm fairly curtain this was a hold over from launch era PD2 where before we had the gun stats and only had the stupid stat bars, but the AUG had a maxed out accuracy bar by default and even without mods was a loving tack driver. So I think its whole gimmick was supposed to be "lovely hipfire and moving accuracy but really loving accurate when stationary".

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Insert name here posted:

I'm fairly curtain this was a hold over from launch era PD2 where before we had the gun stats and only had the stupid stat bars, but the AUG had a maxed out accuracy bar by default and even without mods was a loving tack driver. So I think its whole gimmick was supposed to be "lovely hipfire and moving accuracy but really loving accurate when stationary".

I thought it might be something like that. I only ever played with it after the butcher mod pack dropped, which gave it a number of really great mods that helped it compete with the CAR-4, but there was very little you could do about that hipfire.

I'm really glad that by and large this game no longer prompts me to pour through a tome of arcana so I can spout off a bunch of hidden stats and carefully explain the difference between 20 stability and the other 20 stability.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
The original Pistol joke was trying to make the deagle the longest and ugliest thing ever and laugh as you drag it in with that really long OG silencer but with no skills to buff its damage. I miss playing with my non goon crew but they moved on a long time ago.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Dr Cheeto posted:

The Leo definitely had the same stance modifiers back then. It was basically a concealable Deathwish ready version of an already existing gun (sound familiar?).

I'm not entirely opposed to stance modifiers but only if they make sense/have some sort of consistency like all snipers and DMRs have lovely hipfire, all pistols have good hipfire, etc. Not the bizarre and haphazard way PD2 used to do it, like how all battle rifles inherited pinpoint hipfire from being carbon copies of the Eagle Heavy or how the Leo has the same stances as the Sig 40 because it's a clone of that.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Insert name here posted:

Back when the mysterious Mobility stat was listed.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

UnknownMercenary posted:

I'm not entirely opposed to stance modifiers but only if they make sense/have some sort of consistency like all snipers and DMRs have lovely hipfire, all pistols have good hipfire, etc. Not the bizarre and haphazard way PD2 used to do it, like how all battle rifles inherited pinpoint hipfire from being carbon copies of the Eagle Heavy or how the Leo has the same stances as the Sig 40 because it's a clone of that.

Yeah, if there was any pattern beyond "this gun began life as this other gun" it would not be bad. Like, I wouldn't mind it if they decided sniper rifles should have bad hipfire again and bullet hoses like the clarion and 553 should have better hipfire.

As it was, there wasn't even a general rule about crouching or aiming being better for accuracy.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

When the game came out, there wasn't much number-crunching, but the general consensus was that the P90, CAR-4, Loco, Mosconi, M308, and Reinfeld were all good (308 and P90 being the dozer-killers of choice for a long time). Everything else was either built with the 0-100 progression in mind, or just kinda :mediocre:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I thought the CAR-4 was kinda eh until it got massive boosts from the Gage Courier Pack, but that DLC basically dropped right after I started playing. I used the poo poo out of the AMR-16 for the longest time; I'm surprised that gun isn't brought up as one that used to be really good. So much so that it still remains in my top three used primaries even though it hasn't been one of my main guns for well over a year.