Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Usually I'll just cuss at it until it pops out.

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Why wouldn't you just hold your thumb over the hole? It's like he never used a wrench before, and up till now had just seen them in pictures.

And if it's the wrong size he can go gently caress himself. You don't own just one wrench, Jesus.

JamesOff
Dec 12, 2002

What a frightening beast!
What a spanner.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

A new bread-tag hack!

:3:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/how-to-turn-a-tin-can-into-a-badass-cheese-grater-1764256871

:suicide:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

I never in my life thought I'd hear a cheese grater described as "badass". Like, it's an old tin can. How is that badass?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SpacePig posted:

I never in my life thought I'd hear a cheese grater described as "badass". Like, it's an old tin can. How is that badass?

It's bad and it's rear end.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
For when you're too poor to buy a cheap grater from the dollar store or the Good Will, but you have an empty tin of expensive-ish cookies and some cheese that needs immediate grating.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

So basically civilisation has fallen and there are no more graters yet there's hard cheese.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

So basically civilisation has fallen and there are no more graters yet there's hard cheese.

Hard cheese is really easy to make without technology though?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And power drills.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

That looked like a cheddar anyway, which I doubt would travel well in our hypothetical apocalyptic scenario.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Aphrodite posted:

And power drills.

You can have hand-cranked drills.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
If you don't have a power drill, you can improvise one from a carbon-frame racing bike, a Code-38 wine knife, six squirrels, and a hair scrunchie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ensign Expendable posted:

You can have hand-cranked drills.

It seems like it would be easier to just grate the cheese with the drill bit than to do all that.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
$7.59

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/ame...9NyUhoC1lzw_wcB

for less than 2x that price you can get something with a built in storage container

http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips-Box-Grater/dp/B0007VO0C

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

$7.59

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/ame...9NyUhoC1lzw_wcB

for less than 2x that price you can get something with a built in storage container

http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips-Box-Grater/dp/B0007VO0C

That's all well and good, but if I'm not at risk of contracting tetanus from accidentally scraping my knuckles and fingertips against a rusty can with holes drilled into it, I'm not grating the badass way.

simplyhorribul
Jul 30, 2013
TBH, it would be nice to have some sort of a gathering thingie attached to the grater. At least I never been able to grate so that I can get all the grated cheese to a cup or whatever the gently caress I have under the grater and then I have to eat the rest from the kitchen surfaces and the floor. Like an animal.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

lifehack: put a plate under the grater

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

CommunistPancake posted:

lifehack: put a taco under the grater

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
got an irritating itch? use a cheese grater and you'll never itch there again #lifehack #fleshhack #saltedwounds #erection

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
it's 2016 spend a bit more and you can buy pre-grated cheese #itsthefuture #freeresealablebagincluded

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Don't have a grater or any hard cheese? Cut a kraft single in stripes with scissors.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

simplyhorribul posted:

TBH, it would be nice to have some sort of a gathering thingie attached to the grater. At least I never been able to grate so that I can get all the grated cheese to a cup or whatever the gently caress I have under the grater and then I have to eat the rest from the kitchen surfaces and the floor. Like an animal.

Lifehack: spend $5 to buy the thing that does exactly what you've always dreamed of.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50153180/
Grate your cheese directly into the container. It has a storage lid. $5

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

simplyhorribul posted:

My brother picked me up something from the Korean grocery store he works at that's a grater than snaps on to a tupperware like container, snaps off for cleaning, and also has a lid for the container for if you grate extra cheese. It's loving great and I think it was like $5.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Shuffle posted:

it's 2016 spend a bit more and you can buy pre-grated cheese #itsthefuture #freeresealablebagincluded

Lmao

Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

e: gently caress wrong forum

e2: no I'm not a brony this puffy thing was cute and I didn't know what it was.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Paladinus posted:

Don't have a grater or any hard cheese? Cut a kraft single in stripes with scissors.

Ahahah gently caress this is the best life hack of the thread

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Account McAccount posted:

e: gently caress wrong forum

e2: no I'm not a brony this puffy thing was cute and I didn't know what it was.

You seem pretty defensive about this.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Internet Wizard posted:

IIRC from the bad webcomics thread that's part of some super creepy garbage

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

13Pandora13 posted:

It's loving grate!
FIFY :v:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Haaaaa :iamafag:

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Shuffle posted:

except it's more expensive, doesn't taste as good, and doesn't melt as well

Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

Internet Wizard posted:

Yes. This is why:

Improbable Lobster posted:

IIRC from the bad webcomics thread that's part of some super creepy garbage

All it was is I saw a 10 second YouTube clip of this thing jumping on this rainbow and thought it was cute so I made it my avatar. It was not until later did I find out the truth that it was MLP-related in some horrible way.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that is why you should be more careful what you pick for your AV I said having an anime AV with a well known creepy fanbase.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Hirayuki posted:

A new bread-tag hack!

I am totally okay with this

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Fauxtool posted:

that is why you should be more careful what you pick for your AV I said having an anime AV with a well known creepy fanbase.

Lmbo your av is from the anime where showing more of her tits makes the protagonist stronger

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Hirayuki posted:

A new bread-tag hack!

:shittydog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:eyepop: