Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The problem with the kobali zone rewards is you have to do all the tedious bullshit quests in the zone to get access to them, though you're fine once you do. Still the only decent way to get iconian marks/tokens though.

And yeah, both battlezones need quick transwarp options, or a gateway from ESD, or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
As mentioned previously, I've updated the rep bludging guide with Terran marks, and the annoying ways you can get them.

A new leak surfaced today, too. It may excite you.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

Preechr posted:

They held a vote for where the pubbies wanted new content to be focused. They voted overwhelmingly for Voyager. We got Delta Rising. I don't think it was even close, either - Voyager by a landslide.

Most of the forum users are probably people who grew up watching Voyager.

I was one of them. I liked it when it was new, but 20 years later I know better.

There are a handful I like, but not enough to vote for it.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Mar 13, 2016

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

SKY COQ posted:

If it awarded marks I'd happily do this over space battlezones.

They gave exploration badges, currency used to buy level appropriate green items. Mostly useless, except having 15,000 of the b'tran ones bumped me up to the highest reward tier at the f2p transition, unlocking a buncha free dil and a veteran boff.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.
So guess who's back in STO.

He also has a "show" where he answers "viewers' questions" for his videos that usually get 1 to 10 views and has no comments in the comments section.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP5T0A2awcmlN6xtHu1HvUznQ_Keq47vn

(If anyone needs a reminder of who he is, click here)

DonDoodles posted:

The pastebin is good, but what interests me more is the resurfacing of Klytemnestra -- creator of the infamous 25-minute anti-disco youtube video with voice modulator and horribly rendered 3D animation of character -- in the TTS channel. What is the TTS channel?
And they're back on Risa for some R&R.

quote:

[Local] Klytemnestra@Klytemnestra: See in the mind of the person making the lighting effect, they are saying "what a neat thing I can do, I am awesome." But in reality everyone else is like, "what an idiot."
:allears:

quote:

Klytemnestra@Klytemnestra: And your choice of using color sin the 450 nm range with colors in the 700 nm range is tackey.
I guess he grew out of his fixation with Wonder Woman.

fakemirage fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Mar 13, 2016

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

hey if you want a good spaceship game try battlefleet gothic armada, it's only in beta right now but it is actually fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHgu_fBlSjk

or you can stay with this I guess, don't let me boss you around

namaste

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
It needs space dorfs though, and then the infinitely superior chaos space dorfs.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Welp, someone mentioned squats, Armada's doomed.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Korgan posted:

hey if you want a good spaceship game try battlefleet gothic armada, it's only in beta right now but it is actually fun

namaste

I'm sorry do you think we're playing STO because we think it's good?

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

MikeJF posted:

I'm sorry do you think we're playing STO because we think it's good?

I have fun sperging out in this horrible game with you lot and wanted to give back to the community with an actual good game :gbsmith:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Psycho Landlord posted:

gently caress no Scrunt fleet for life. Come to think of it I would buy Battlefleet Gothic: Slam Sector in a heartbeat.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Mar 13, 2016

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Stopped playing for a while back in Season 9 and coming back to grind doff assignments, anything major I should know about for season 11?

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

fakemirage posted:

:allears:
I guess he grew out of his fixation with Wonder Woman.

So he's also (or was) a sales rep for Cutco knives (if you're unaware, it's basically a "too good to be true" sales scam), and spergs out if anyone says anything negative about Cutco, the product, or all the poor souls who've been scammed by working for them. I can't seem to find it, but I have a long-winded, strongly-worded rant of his defending Cutco.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Isn't Klyte the person who enters chat by saying "Greatness has arrived?"

I've had him on ignore for 2 or so years now.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Could I get wiki access please? Username is: bertroberge

Thanks

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Bert Roberge posted:

Could I get wiki access please? Username is: bertroberge

Thanks

You're in

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Danaru posted:

Stopped playing for a while back in Season 9 and coming back to grind doff assignments, anything major I should know about for season 11?
Doffing got nerfed into the ground, you should be grinding admiralty* assignments instead.

* Doffing, but with ships that cost money.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Korgan posted:

namaste

"Low rent Homeworld clone"

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Psycho Landlord posted:

They're called the Demiurg nowadays and are allied with the Tau Empire.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
No, you're thinking of the Tellarites.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

http://gateway.startrekonline.com/#char(my-tic@aggresor#6958)/ship-equipment

Breach is just showering me with great pubbie builds. Two omnis in the front but also a DBB. Two universals in tac slots.

Oh, and they have elite fleet shields. They put money into this build, that's the best part.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Cythereal posted:

They're called the Demiurg nowadays and are allied with the Tau Empire.

Whoooosh

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
So I was reading the wiki and apparently you could get ZEN for surveys and stuff, but it looks like that is gone now, correct?

Edit: Never mind, looks like it.

Mrit fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Mar 14, 2016

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mrit posted:

So I was reading the wiki and apparently you could get ZEN for surveys and stuff, but it looks like that is gone now, correct?

Edit: Never mind, looks like it.

nah but you cna get it for launching lovely games on arc.

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

fakemirage posted:

Sweet, thanks!
You seriously need to stop ignoring the chat.

You're invited, and have been for a couple of days now.

Sorry about that.
I am playing this game with my seven year old son he likes it (to much).

I am now at the stage of learning about the duty officers etc. so I am still very early into the game.
Also I am a slow learner probably.

I did got several fleet invites etc. I thought it where random people not sure you guys where that.

In this game you are being promoted very fast, I was wondering what the actual game play is pvp pve or roleplaying.
I love to dick around the movie with the disco ball is hilarious.
This would be my play style I don't care that much if my ship is 100 feet or 10000 feet.

And so now and then I let my kid play the wasd keys.

Orions Lord fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Mar 14, 2016

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
lmao good work whoever corrected my dumb loving spelling on the wiki

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Orions Lord posted:

Sorry about that.
I am playing this game with my seven year old son he likes it (to much).

Just keep him well away from the chat window, especially in places like Risa or Droz or he'll be asking you to explain deviant furry ERP.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Tuskin38 posted:

Isn't Klyte the person who enters chat by saying "Greatness has arrived?"

I've had him on ignore for 2 or so years now.

You should never put a pubbie on your ignore list. Let them say their stupid poo poo, and when you see them break the ToS, report them.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

SKY COQ posted:

lmao good work whoever corrected my dumb loving spelling on the wiki

That was me :v:

No, seriously, it was

Speaking of the wiki, I added an article of interest to a currently running thing. :ninja:

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ozdDav3-fo

Sure why not. if STO ever dies, I wanted the server code to leak just so I can do poo poo like that.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Ratzap posted:

Just keep him well away from the chat window our precious fleet bank.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
So I can't run the game anymore; the launcher is stuck at a 'Loading, please wait...' screen and trying to log in with the actual client gives me a cannot contact account server error. Is STO broken or is it just my PC?

Edit: And it fixed itself on its own, buggy-rear end game.

Roseo fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Mar 15, 2016

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Roseo posted:

So I can't run the game anymore; the launcher is stuck at a 'Loading, please wait...' screen and trying to log in with the actual client gives me a cannot contact account server error. Is STO broken or is it just my PC?

Edit: And it fixed itself on its own, buggy-rear end game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

The wound from that fiasco is still fresh.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

DonDoodles posted:

The wound from that fiasco is still fresh.

As a 'new' player, what happened?

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

We were brought low by an unlikely source. There was a chink in our armor, and a heinous foe exploited that to the greatest extent. The Dental fleet bank was never the same.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

were the marks ever returned!?

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Mrit posted:

As a 'new' player, what happened?

We don't talk about that any more, it was a seriously uncool thing and if pubbies ever found out about it we'd never live it down.

Goon has 8 year old kid playing spaceships and in our fleet, kid asked if he could take some gear from the fleet bank, this was granted, he took everything and the person in charge of monitoring the bank at the time flipped the gently caress out and the rest of us got concerned until we realised all we lost was a bunch of lovely blues and greens that had been sitting untouched for months, upon which we laughed and made fun of the bank monitor for caring about literal vendor trash. The only successful bank robbery of our fleet, something pubbies have been threatening us with for ages, and it was pulled off by an 8 year old. Never forget.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
Could I get access to the wiki? I registered with the same name as here, OGS-Remix. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I can't remember the last time someone actually needed something from the bank. There's poo poo I threw in there 6 months ago that hasn't been touched yet.

• Locked thread