Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Dear crazy man,

Please stop

Sincerely,
Everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I think it's funny that stupidity may very well ruin this guy's, and maybe even his mother's, credit for the rest of their lives if you best them in court. At least until they declare Canadian bankruptcy.

whiskey_bent
Mar 13, 2016
I'M A STUPID rear end in a top hat.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 13, 2016

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

they say you must send a canadian to slay a canadian

whiskey_bent
Mar 13, 2016
I'M A STUPID rear end in a top hat.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 13, 2016

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Shaquin posted:

they say you must send a canadian to slay a canadian

Never a loving Mounty around when you need one, eh?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

LadyAmbien posted:

Basically we just have to wait for him to stop, go back, add up all the charges he's made, add the chargeback fees to us and then take him to court over that.
lol good luck I'm sure a mentally ill addict actually has the money he's racking up here. or that trying to sue a crazy person across an international border is worth $1k.

what I really don't understand is why a card issuer would keep allowing new transactions to go through after the first bunch were disputed. that's the kind of thing you could sue them for to recover your costs.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Oh dang I just thought what if this guy turns out to be like the Duke of Canada or whatever it is they have there

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

I think its cool that these forums function as flypaper for internet people with severe chemical imbalances

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

This is a scheme to drum up interested in the forum

If I was running a message board and had to deal with a crazy guy like that, I would deal with him privately instead of making a topic about him and posting his personal info, because that doesn't seem like it would help to de-escalate the situation.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Crash_N_Burn posted:

I think its cool that these forums function as flypaper for internet people with severe chemical imbalances

reg 2014 :rolleye:

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

T r a v i s posted:

If I was running a message board and had to deal with a crazy guy like that, I would deal with him privately instead of making a topic about him and posting his personal info, because that doesn't seem like it would help to de-escalate the situation.

It turns out that with crazy people, nothing helps to de-escalate the situation.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

LadyAmbien posted:

It's really strange/interesting to me that a lot of the topics he goes off about, things like talking about being related to Lowtax and Anita Sarkeesian and all that stuff, are all things that Shmorkys ex went off about too.

I read through the archived posts on that other forum. This was an archived post of people talking about whether or not to ban or unban him for what sounded like the 13th time. Nothing seems to even be archived before that (they have some ratchet rear end system where things have to be moved to a different format by hand? idk). I do not think this person has anything to do with Shmorky, most of these names he's spewing seem to come from his personal life

Anyway from about 15 minutes of that you are dealing with a severely mentally ill and tirelessly persistent individual and you probably not stop doing so until he is somehow completely incapable of registering new accounts, which probably means getting law enforcement involved which is probably going to be super annoying given the international thing

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Turn off registrations for a day?

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:

LadyAmbien posted:

It turns out that with crazy people, nothing helps to de-escalate the situation.

instate a 3-day long posting kibosh for new accounts. there, problem solved

e: f,b

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

My forums experience has been shattered

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

A Stupid Baby posted:

I read through the archived posts on that other forum. This was an archived post of people talking about whether or not to ban or unban him for what sounded like the 13th time. Nothing seems to even be archived before that (they have some ratchet rear end system where things have to be moved to a different format by hand? idk). I do not think this person has anything to do with Shmorky, most of these names he's spewing seem to come from his personal life

Anyway from about 15 minutes of that you are dealing with a severely mentally ill and tirelessly persistent individual and you probably not stop doing so until he is somehow completely incapable of registering new accounts, which probably means getting law enforcement involved which is probably going to be super annoying given the international thing

Oh, I don't think that he has anything to do with Shmorky at all. I just found it interesting how mentally ill people seem to latch onto a lot of the same theories and topics. Murder, pedophilia, becoming obsessed with one individual and then suddenly moving on to the next, the brain is a scary thing.

As far as getting law enforcement involved, I totally agree - I mean even with the Shmorky/Amanda thing we had a hell of a time getting any help from law enforcement especially because the problems were taking place mostly online.

CharlesM posted:

Turn off registrations for a day?

We tried banning IPs from certain parts of Canada, now he's going through proxies in Poland, the other day it was Sweden. Tried to turn off accepting his credit card provider for a day, couldn't do that. I think the problem is he's just going to keep coming back each day until we get through to them and are able to get him flagged.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

T r a v i s posted:

look at mod jesus lets get on the pulpit and worship at his empathetic balls

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

haha deal with him privately as he smears this turd of a situation across the front page of gbs openly and repeatedly

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:
once again, make it so that the new accounts can't post for a number of days after registering. one way of putting out the fire is removing the fuel.

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to

T r a v i s posted:

You're a fuckin retard

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

I would like to posit that 45-65% of the D&D population is all Alex.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

if you are not comfortable with your address and name being on the internet then get the gently caress off your computer because any creep with lets be generous and say, an hour on their hand has got you pegged

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

This would be pretty cool and funny if it weren't for the stupid lovely chargeback nonsense. gently caress that.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

once again, make it so that the new accounts can't post for a number of days after registering. one way of putting out the fire is removing the fuel.

let him post in d&d though because who loving cares

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
I recently switched to auth net so I am not super familiar with their tools. There should be a way to configure their afds settings to block by name. Try giving their support a call.

All I know is their afds emails me several times a day whenever the people I supervise do something stupid. Worth a shot.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
im going to name my son Channing

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

bring back old gbs posted:

im going to name my son Channing Gaycum

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
mods knew......

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot

Shaquin posted:

look at mod jesus lets get on the pulpit and worship at his empathetic balls

Rap Music and Dope posted:

You're a fuckin retard

These posts aren't any better than the stuff that crazy guy is posting.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

let him post in d&d though because who loving cares

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
please won't someone think of the canadian psycho committing credit card fraud :qq:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Liquid Penguins posted:

I recently switched to auth net so I am not super familiar with their tools. There should be a way to configure their afds settings to block by name. Try giving their support a call.

All I know is their afds emails me several times a day whenever the people I supervise do something stupid. Worth a shot.

Aha let me translate this to non nerd speak, you must reset the cloud

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

T r a v i s posted:

yes I'm sure that never crossed their minds you colossal tardbaby

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*
First Schmorky (hallowed be xis name) and now this.

Thank you Lowtax, for still providing me with stellar real-time entertainment. This is why I'll never leave you.

And thank you Ambien, for staying for the long haul, even though it must be mindblowingly difficult at times. We love the both of you.

Now let's do this... WWF style!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

LadyAmbien posted:

Goku Ambien Kyanka, but Lauren wants to name her Athena Little Egg Kyanka. It's a toss up.

I vote for Athena Little Egg

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The Applewhite Family daughters are Vriska Serket Applewhite and Marceline Rose Tyler Applewhite, so your daughter will be in good company.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Applewhite posted:

I vote for Athena Little Egg

seconded.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

LadyAmbien posted:

We can call his credit service provider, but I'm not sure about the cops. We are trying to get through to the credit card company right now, and tried yesterday as well - it seems impossible to be able to talk to anyone in person from merchant services, and because we need the full credit card number and don't have access to it, that is causing problems as well. Basically we just have to wait for him to stop, go back, add up all the charges he's made, add the chargeback fees to us and then take him to court over that.

Have you considered calling his local police for a wellness check? He seems to have gone well past trolling into full blown psychosis, and while the local police may not care about $1000 in international fraud, they might care about a local citizen losing his mind. He could qualify for an all expenses paid trip to a nice calm hospital with no internet access.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

Angela Christine posted:

Have you considered calling his local police for a wellness check? He seems to have gone well past trolling into full blown psychosis, and while the local police may not care about $1000 in international fraud, they might care about a local citizen losing his mind. He could qualify for an all expenses paid trip to a nice calm hospital with no internet access.

We did a wellness check with the whole Shmorky fiasco and actually one when my Dad passed, and it was stupidly hard to get the police to do them. One took place in Canada, and the other the US. Basically we had to call them over and over again for two days with the US one before anything was done, and ultimately the police did nothing when it concerned my Dad in Canada. I mean, if he keeps being an issue it's definitely something we may have to try and resort to though. Thank you for the suggestion!

• Locked thread