Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matoi Ryuko

You should probably listen to the other people, DDD, I don't really know what I'm talking about anyway. :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

I thing just happened to me

A man got on a machine after me and had to put less weight on it

I mean it wasn't a young man or a buff man. But still let's give me this moment

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

FluffieDuckie

I mean for all we know he had a horrible debilitating back injury.

God you guys get off my back

FluffieDuckie

Would it be rude for me to go ask him if he's injured in any way?

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
I am sorry to all the knee-afflicted people of America :911:

lmbo calrissian fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Mar 14, 2016

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

FluffieDuckie posted:

Would it be rude for me to go ask him if he's injured in any way?

no he is a beginning work out boy like me and you would break his soul. do you want to go around breaking souls. pls reconsider

FluffieDuckie

i left the gym without asking him if he was injured or handicapped in any way so i'm going to assume he's a burly he-man and i'm just a badass weightlifter

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

The gym experience is all about making other people feel inadequate imo

Drunk Driver Dad
for the walking thing - does the fact that i'm almost constantly walking around for 10 hours a day every 11/14 days not count? I stand still a bit here and there but since I've moved to the packing and QC department I'm always moving most of the time.

and i posted this in GBS but ill repost here - went to the gym with a coworker tonight. I didn't squat but I did some heavy deadlift, and even though they usually aren't an issue it did make my left knee flare up again in the exact same way the squatting has caused. He happened to bring his foam roller so out of curiousity I spent a coupe minutes rolling my quad and IT band and the pain literally disappeared after and has been fine since. I'm hoping that indicates I just need to get back in the habit of stretching and foam rolling to fix that like I was suspecting.

thanks for the suggestion though. I do have insurance now so if this plan doesn't work I'll see a doctor.

GoodbyeTurtles

My triathlete buddies swear by those innocent enough looking foam torture devices.

Piso Mojado

I would give up pretty much every part of my routine before I gave up my roller. I love it.

Piso Mojado

it hurts sooo good

alnilam

I should try a roller... What do you do with it, just... roll it on your muskle?

Shine

No Muscles For The Majority

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

for the walking thing - does the fact that i'm almost constantly walking around for 10 hours a day every 11/14 days not count?

No it doesn't not count.

Piso Mojado

alnilam posted:

I should try a roller... What do you do with it, just... roll it on your muskle?

it depends really on what activities you are doing. I do a pretty general routine (quads, glutes, hammy, IT, calves, back, shoulder) after each work out, but the best benefits (and pain, yeeowch) comes from targeting specific areas after certain types of activities. for instance, I hit my hams and quads hard after a long day of cycling, where I will roll slowly over my sore areas, putting pressure on the knots I come across while trying not to cry. I know a lot of runners who use it religiously on their IT bands and calves too.

GoodbyeTurtles

Im so fuvkinh handsome and cool what the ,heck is everyone else's excuse??

the unabonger
since its the whale migration right now, I went up to big sur and spent some time hiking on cliffs above the ocean yesterday. saw a bunch of humpback whales, no breaching or flukes spotted just spouts and their backs. it was a beatuiful day though, i had a very nice time. off to the beach today

the unabonger fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Mar 20, 2016

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
I moved a few weeks ago and then had a work trip and then went to go visit some family, so I made it back to the gym for the first time in three weeks today.

I rode my bike there and back and I did OHP, Straight Leg Deadlifts and Dips.

My lifestyle is finally normalizing again... feels good.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

hemale in pain

you gonna be so sore tomorrow from doms

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
how do i get the heartbreakingly hot trainer guys to notice me without working hard?

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo

hemale in pain posted:

you gonna be so sore tomorrow from doms

Doms is muscle-talk for "feed me, seymour."

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

MrWillsauce

I walked to my car this morning

Piso Mojado

lmbo calrissian posted:

how do i get the heartbreakingly hot trainer guys to notice me without working hard?

challenge them to a pull up contest.

Shine

lmbo calrissian posted:

Hire them :D

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
those beautiful creatures wear these tight pants and their butts are bigger than my head. :(

GoodbyeTurtles

Went for a little cycle through a forest on my mountain bike. Ended up stuck on the top of a 60ft high muddy riverbank. Both feet slipped the pedals and I dropped off the seat, stopping with my feet just at the point of no return, very slowly sliding down every time I tried to lift a foot to step back.

Luckily one of my friends helped by pulling me back up but it was p scarey

Good fun though

shabbat goy

Flashed a V2 on Friday and then proceeded to watch a 10-yr-old crush a V5 on the same wall wearing street shoes like it was nothing :smith:

Shine

shabbat goy posted:

Flashed a V2 on Friday and then proceeded to watch a 10-yr-old crush a V5 on the same wall wearing street shoes like it was nothing :smith:

I wish I started climbing when I weighed 70lbs :(

GoodbyeTurtles

Children are awful.

Hey babybones try that poo poo with an extra 80lbs on you, you little poo poo

MrWillsauce

don't blame me. I never exercised as a child.

Matoi Ryuko

Piso Mojado

lol

alnilam

shabbat goy

GoodbyeTurtles

I just want that massive milk rear end

MrWillsauce

I want a monster rear end

I.N.R.I

lmbo calrissian posted:

You could stab them

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

mmmm

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

I.N.R.I posted:

You could stab them

I have an appt with edward tomorrow. His arms are like two giant elbowed dicks

Adbot