Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Symphogear
This poll is closed.
Chris 41 39.42%
Hibiki 26 25.00%
Tsubasa 5 4.81%
Shirabe 5 4.81%
Kirika 3 2.88%
Maria 9 8.65%
Genjuro 15 14.42%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Apparently yakuza would go to game companies trying to sell them a calendar for a hundred thousand yen and that was a form of protection money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Jostiband posted:

A lot of this can probably be fixed by having a less vomit-inducing logo but holy poo poo its so bad

The picture's actually pretty good.

The problem is who wants a Peanut Butter and Jelly drink that gets you wasted?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Probably should've quoted something further down the reply chain but

Sasuke comparisons are a thing, with the current HxH character of focus.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

if the mod doesnt give in im gonna have to deploy the nuclear option

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Rogue also seems like a good place for terrible beer ideas (their Voodoo Doughnuts line, Sriracha Stout, "New Crustacean Barleywineish Imperial IPA Sorta")

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Sylphid posted:

To be fair, whenever I do end up back overseas (I consider it an eventuality. Call me an optimist), some of that money will probably go to helping me fund those trying weeks before the first paycheck that are always so much fun.

But yes, I consider this a wise investment. Whenever I look upon Anya's adorable face, I can remember I did my best and was punished for reasons completely out of my control.

a fair call. programs for English teachers from abroad are still very thirsty, somehow. in spite of all of the weebs.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

oh i don't read the thread but i can imagine. this arc was just too stressful

I do wish more side characters got to shine but I think it was a great arc overall.

Shouji gets to shine, we get to see how completely bonkers Tokoyami's quirk is, and even Class B gets a limelight.

Bakugou may have been the target but he and Todoroki, who already had ample scenes, didn't really hog the spot.

Though I would like more Bakugou scenes.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

officially licensed but only the comic

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Strange Quark posted:

Whoa, Hunter x Hunter is out already??
I look forward to reading the conclusion to the Dark Continent arc with my grandchildren.

dogsicle posted:

oh i don't read the thread but i can imagine. this arc was just too stressful
As much as I'm still enjoying it I kinda wish it would stop to catch its breath, but that doesn't seem too likely now that Bakugou's up and gotten himself gone.

Also somebody needs to cut Deku a break. Kid's gonna wind up looking like he's 50 when he's 20.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

Raymond Scott's Powerhouse softly playing as an endless array of mechanical arms and conveyor belts smash hops into smaller and smaller and even more concentrated forms to be bottled while top beet scientists figure out the worst flavors to combine, forever.

ZepiaEltnamOberon at the bad post factory

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Allarion posted:

I’m lady!

I had to wait until subs to find out Shirobako's second OP was saying "My beautiful life". OPs always have the best oddly-pronounced English.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Jostiband posted:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

As much as I'm still enjoying it I kinda wish it would stop to catch its breath, but that doesn't seem too likely now that Bakugou's up and gotten himself gone.

Also somebody needs to cut Deku a break. Kid's gonna wind up looking like he's 50 when he's 20.

Old Might

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jostiband posted:

I'll never be out of a job.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

Old Might

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Jostiband posted:

Actually I find his posts to be some of the most entertaining in these threads.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

my favorite convo of the day was everybody in the Zero Escape thread quipping about how ridiculous and crazy Phi's new outfit is until

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

Have... have you guys never seen a pair of high-waisted shorts??

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Sharkopath posted:

if the mod doesnt give in im gonna have to deploy the nuclear option
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEIGu8V_D8g&t=110s

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Pictured: Me, with birdfriends

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Julias posted:

Actually I find his posts to be some of the most entertaining in these threads.

I liked his umi pics and he's always receptive when I want to chat.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Also I should probably read the translations for My Hero Academia, because my god is Viz slow about pumping out volumes :(

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Julias posted:

Also I should probably read the translations for My Hero Academia, because my god is Viz slow about pumping out volumes :(

Should just subscribe to them

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i never liked cnc

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Space Flower posted:

a fair call. programs for English teachers from abroad are still very thirsty, somehow. in spite of all of the weebs.

One of the students I had in Japan I'm still in regular contact with via email told me tonight she plans to be an English teacher after she graduates (which was this March 15, also her birthday by remarkable coincidence), so she can teach young children. It was pretty :3: and why, in spite of the very obvious hardships, ESL work is really like no other and you'll every now and then meet some awesome students.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Zep is good I find

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

death to old style rts, long live relic and eugen

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm somewhat reluctant to buy Korean volumes of Hero Academia because they're translated by someone who has a reputation for lovely translations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

zep is good at some times, and others not

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Motto posted:

my favorite convo of the day was everybody in the Zero Escape thread quipping about how ridiculous and crazy Phi's new outfit is until

What are those?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Allarion posted:

Should just subscribe to them

I am, but I don't want to pay for all the backlog I don't have.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sylphid posted:

One of the students I had in Japan I'm still in regular contact with via email told me tonight she plans to be an English teacher after she graduates (which was this March 15, also her birthday by remarkable coincidence), so she can teach young children. It was pretty :3: and why, in spite of the very obvious hardships, ESL work is really like no other and you'll every now and then meet some awesome students.

You said you prefer teachin' adults, yeah?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Julias posted:

You also get Black Clover if you subscribe, as well the other shonen jump manga.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Motto posted:

zep is good at some times, and others not

He sold out to Big Posting

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Sharkopath posted:

This, but the opposite. More cultural and economic focused rts games, please

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Julias posted:

I am, but I don't want to pay for all the backlog I don't have.

Ahh

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Jostiband posted:

What are those?

Caitlin posted:

Phi's shorts are pretty in style and are widely available. Just an example.

http://www.forever21.com/Product/product.aspx?br=f21&category=sale&productid=2000132418

:shrug:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

you didnt even play wargame you loving phony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I'm somewhat reluctant to buy Korean volumes of Hero Academia because they're translated by someone who has a reputation for lovely translations.

Browse one, see if you like the translation .

• Locked thread