Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

thehoodie posted:

Looks pretty cool but it says it doesn't work on my device? I have a Galaxy S6 so I don't see why it shouldn't. Unless they only want big screens or something

Looks like an issue with that phone. http://spaceteamadmiralsclub.com/forum/discussion/162/problems-with-galaxy-s6-galaxy-note-5-and-probably-others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Spaceteam is rlly sick 4 sure, he's redoing it as a Unity game so it runs smoother so it'll prolly work for ur phone eventually!!!!

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
And hey, if it doesn't work on your phone or tablet you could always get the card game.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Shine posted:

Everybody please get Spaceteam (it's free), make your IRL friends/family get Spaceteam, and play Spaceteam with them. I just played a round with my girlfriend and it was a loving blast.

It's local co-op only. Basically, you're on a spaceship that is falling apart and you're trying to fix it before you get sucked into a black hole. Everybody has a bunch of nonsensical ship systems on their screen, and the game will display instructions like "Set flipwasher to stun" and whoever has the flipwasher controls has to do that. But that person usually won't get the instruction on their screen, so whoever does get it has to tell them to do it. It starts out easy enough, but in the later rounds the instructions come rapid-fire along with events like asteroids and wormholes that need everybody to shake or flip their device (or both), and your controls will get hosed up by aliens or ship damage or whatever, so before long it turns into a room of people frantically screaming at each other.

Basically, imagine the Enterprise being operated by the cast of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Here'a a video of some random people playing it:
https://youtu.be/FD_SbJCQovU?t=1m38s

It's free, and supports cross-platform Android/iOS play.

I showed this to some kids, and they took it to their school and eventually everyone at the school was playing it all the time and they all got in trouble. It's good.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

I showed this to some kids, and they took it to their school and eventually everyone at the school was playing it all the time and they all got in trouble. It's good.
We have played this in a pub a few times, alwas get some amazing looks for yelling "Flange the dipstick, someone needs to flange the dipstick!" at each other.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I've only met one person IRL who actually wants to play this game with me :smith:

That being said, as long as you're friends with different people than I am, you'll be set. Great fun.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Works fine on a variety of relatively small phones amongst my friends.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
My wife loves this game, she wants to play it all the time. A lot of my friends enjoy it as well. Definitely a must have since it can play across iphone/android.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Angrymog posted:

Works fine on a variety of relatively small phones amongst my friends.

I also love how it's cross platform, iOS and Android users unite.

MATCH SOCKS

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Spaceteam is amazing. I love the little jig that plays in the room while you wait for everyone to join.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

And hey, if it doesn't work on your phone or tablet you could always get the card game.

:aaa: Buying this poo poo right goddamn now!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Sounds a lot like Space Alert. The board game goons favorite die in space together game.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
7 Mages is a new first person dungeon crawler that looks quite decent if you're into this sort of thing.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Just finished The Room 3 and got all the endings. Man, I love that series. Some of the puzzles are a bit weird, but satisfying as hell once you get everything worked out. Best one in the series.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I am a dingbat, never mind.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Spaceteam is a great game and everyone should play it with a group of 3 or more people. Bonus points if you play it in the vicinity of others who are not familiar with it, because they will get very confused and ask "why are you flushing the prisoners?"

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The English version of Tales of Link, a spinoff in the long running Tales Of JRPG series, has been soft launched in a few countries.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Mar 15, 2016

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I just got a nice tablet after being stuck with a lovely old underpowered phone for ages and I'm hopelessly behind on any good games for it. What have been your overall highlights for your all time favorite Android games? Anything can be fair game, honestly.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Since when has "soft launching" games been a thing? It's like they want me to resort to :filez:. It's not like these are massive AAA games that have to manage millions of people hammering a server on launch day, I can't think of a single reason to restrict access when people want to buy your game and you think it's good enough to charge money for.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

actually they do have to manage millions of people hammering on their servers. look at the stats for popular mobile games sometime. and they have the bonuses of supporting players all over the globe who have varying degrees of crappy android devices, and who play their game over high-latency, erratic cell phone networks

StriderVM
Aug 23, 2013

flatluigi posted:

I just got a nice tablet after being stuck with a lovely old underpowered phone for ages and I'm hopelessly behind on any good games for it. What have been your overall highlights for your all time favorite Android games? Anything can be fair game, honestly.

Here's my laundry list for Android games to try out :

Fallout Shelter :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bethsoft.falloutshelter

Deemo :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rayark.pluto

Cytus :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rayark.Cytus.full

Chaos Rings :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.chaosrings.googleplay

Lemegeton :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lantansia.devil72

Avenger :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avengertw

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lutha Mahtin posted:

actually they do have to manage millions of people hammering on their servers. look at the stats for popular mobile games sometime. and they have the bonuses of supporting players all over the globe who have varying degrees of crappy android devices, and who play their game over high-latency, erratic cell phone networks
and if anything in the chain breaks down people immediately spam 1 star reviews and bury the game forever

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

StriderVM posted:

Here's my laundry list for Android games to try out :

Fallout Shelter :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bethsoft.falloutshelter

I highly recommend just skipping this one and punching yourself in the balls instead.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Konstantin posted:

Since when has "soft launching" games been a thing? It's like they want me to resort to :filez:. It's not like these are massive AAA games that have to manage millions of people hammering a server on launch day, I can't think of a single reason to restrict access when people want to buy your game and you think it's good enough to charge money for.

Soft launches have been a thing for almost any moderately interesting/good/potentially popular game for quite a while now, several years in fact.

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK

flatluigi posted:

I'd suggest Hitman: Sniper (currently on sale, I think) and Major Mayhem (buy the coin doubler if you intend to obsessively unlock everything). Between these, YMBAB/10,000,000 and Hoplite, that's easily half of my total Android gaming time. Lost many an hour to each of those games, to be honest.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

flatluigi posted:

80 days if you haven't played it already.

Also I'm quite enjoying replaying Baldurs Gate II, 13 years or so after I first played it on PC.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Pixel dungeon.

It was better before the equipment and map changes but it's still a solid title.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
I've almost exclusively moved on to Shattered Pixel Dungeon. I suggest starting there

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Any other goon local 2 player games like SpaceTeam? That is a blast

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Dr.Caligari posted:

Any other goon local 2 player games like SpaceTeam? That is a blast

I can't speak for Android games, but after I raved about Spaceteam to a buddy, they clued me in to Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes for PC/Mac, which is a similar sort of communication-focused co-op game. I would love to know of more good co-op games for Android.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I just got an LG G4, and now I can play Door Kickers, as well as all of my other games, but now on a BIGGER SCREEN :allears:

Are there any great games out there that aren't compatible with phones like the Nexus 4, but are compatible with higher-end devices? I don't even know what I missed out on.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Pixel dungeon.

It was better before the equipment and map changes but it's still a solid title.

Just get Shattered Pixel Dungeon. It's a fork of the project that is an improvement in every way, IMHO. No equipment degradation, for example.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Jorath posted:

Just get Shattered Pixel Dungeon. It's a fork of the project that is an improvement in every way, IMHO. No equipment degradation, for example.

Does it being back the square level design that made it easier to find hidden rooms?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

ModeSix posted:

I highly recommend just skipping this one and punching yourself in the balls instead.
Not sure when you got into Fallout Shelter however, when I downloaded it at the end of last summer it was a lot better balanced and the pay-to-win stuff was entirely optional and for the "I want to win NOW!" crowd rather than your more-commonplace "I can't progress past stage 3(6(9(etc))) without spending 20 bucks on magic coins to skip progress bars!" (looking at you, Walking Dead: Road to Survival) players/whales.

It's a really fun game and after a couple of aborted attempts, the easiest way to waltz through it is to make sure that there are literally zero rooms which contact each other horizontally (even between elevators), which means your base ends up looking like a checkerboard however, no matter what happens internally, you can just walk your survivors out of the room and the baddies will evaporate after a few seconds. Then it's just a matter of having ample defenses at the base door and figuring out what you enjoy building. (to do this on a first attempt or even after a try or two, you WILL have to make a shoddy base then start destroying rooms after you get your two elevator shafts built correctly, then it's gravy-ville forever)

Also when you forget about the game for a month and forget you had some uber-stacked survivor wandering off into the wasteland, you'll log back in and find out that he brought you like, three freight trucks' worth of weapons and armor etc etc. Nothing starves or dies when you're offline after they fixed that in a patch somewhere around the time Fallout 4 came out.

It's definitely more interesting and challenging than any boring-rear end tower-builder-make-your-build-timers-bigger game I've played because, well, I really didn't ever have to sit and wait for 12+ hours IRL for one room to upgrade before I could begin on another (that I recall offhand), it's a lot more organic and a lot cuter than most tower sims unless you :fap: to pixel art or star wars.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Mar 17, 2016

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A port of the original Atari Jaguar/PlayStation One Rayman is out on the Play Store.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I think someone praised Star Chindy in this thread in the past, and it's now 50% off. I'd still be interested in more opinions if people have them though.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
I didn't play a ton of it, but I played a few hours on a phone.

The tactical space combat was really difficult for me to get a handle on, so I just switched to let the CPU handle it, which kinda blows.

The tactical squad stuff is pretty shallow. Options are pretty limited in the actions you can actually do and I don't really understand how they handle cover. It's also way to easy to just blow all your ammo and have to reload (which takes a whole loving turn).

The space exploration stuff is decent, I guess, but nowhere near the level of Out There or FTL.

In short, its an ambitious game that tries to bring together 3 different genres, and it doesn't do a great job with any of them.

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

I didn't play a ton of it, but I played a few hours on a phone.

The tactical space combat was really difficult for me to get a handle on, so I just switched to let the CPU handle it, which kinda blows.

The tactical squad stuff is pretty shallow. Options are pretty limited in the actions you can actually do and I don't really understand how they handle cover. It's also way to easy to just blow all your ammo and have to reload (which takes a whole loving turn).

The space exploration stuff is decent, I guess, but nowhere near the level of Out There or FTL.

In short, its an ambitious game that tries to bring together 3 different genres, and it doesn't do a great job with any of them.

Going to echo this, I picked it up around the time it was first mentioned in the thread because I was dying for a decent strategy game. I only played it for a couple hours and it just never really grabbed me. It felt like I was fighting against the controls in the space combat and rather than a simple tap and move type system for the turn-based ground combat it is this weird drag and drop system and there is no real indication of cover, or if it does anything. In the end, I wish Google allowed refunds on a larger time frame rather than the 15 mins or so it is now.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
Nintendo's game/tamagochi/social...thing Miitomo has launched in Japan

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nintendo.zaaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer

mrkillboy posted:

A port of the original Atari Jaguar/PlayStation One Rayman is out on the Play Store.