Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
To those complaining about phoenix credits and gearing up; I felt the same way, but you can do the Lexington Event Center story mission on challenge mode and it will give you 20 credits and a random high-end gear every time you complete it (as well as the purples off the boss herself). Most random matchmade groups are getting rather good at it now, there's a growing and sizeable number of players just running it over and over.
I played it for a while yesterday and managed to get half my gear yellow. I wasn't around for the pre-nerf credits shower.

quote:

Apparently crafting is pretty huge to get yellow gear and higher end purples. How exactly does that work?

You get the coins, then just buy the recipes off the special items vendor which is upstairs in the tech wing in your base of operations. Don't spend your phoenix coins on anything else. The crafted yellows are item level 31, and they can roll with some truly insane stats and talents. For example I crafted some operator kneepads that gave 25% magic item and credit find, as well as a 77% scavenger perk, which basically doubled my purple/yellow drop count. The higher item level means the stat ranges can roll higher numbers which is important if you're trying to activate the talents on your weapons.

I think it's fantastic that crafting is a legitimate avenue for getting some of the best gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Knifegrab posted:

Maybe you should have known literally anything about the game before renting it so you could avoid the "boring cover shooting".

Umm I knew people had been talking about it for like a year?? Idiot bitch??

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Raged posted:

It's always Australia. Always. Every drat single game that requires online chooses Australia primetime.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

You'd think you prisoners would be used to it by now.

Whix
Oct 2, 2008

IT GOES BOOM!
I need a low lvl (15ish) buddy to do stuff. SAwhix on uplay, euro time. I'll be your best friend buddy.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Raged posted:

It's always Australia. Always. Every drat single game that requires online chooses Australia primetime.

I was grinding out some side missions before and my wife came in and saw the timer and her exact words were "Oh is this made by the guys that made WoW? How come it's always on Tuesday nights they shut things down?"

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Hopper posted:

Yeah, levelling speed of some people is insane. I couldn't really play last weekend and in that time everybody went from 12 to 30. I managed to get to 17 yesterday but playing alone/with matchmaking to level is a grind.
Leveling is really effortless and quick as long as you do the story missions. In fact, you can level so fast you might outpace your gear and get you in trouble just trying to do par level content with subpar level gear.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

You get the coins, then just buy the recipes off the special items vendor which is upstairs in the tech wing in your base of operations. Don't spend your phoenix coins on anything else. The crafted yellows are item level 31, and they can roll with some truly insane stats and talents. For example I crafted some operator kneepads that gave 25% magic item and credit find, as well as a 77% scavenger perk, which basically doubled my purple/yellow drop count. The higher item level means the stat ranges can roll higher numbers which is important if you're trying to activate the talents on your weapons.

I think it's fantastic that crafting is a legitimate avenue for getting some of the best gear.

Yeah don't make my mistake of buying gear for your birdbucks, 119 down the drain right there :(

Buy blueprints, you can always craft again if you don't get the stats you want and crafting materials are more plentiful than birdcoins. Yellow items need birdcoins to reroll stats which is WAY too expensive.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
1-30 can be done in like 15 hours by anyone with a functioning brain if you just run sidemissions, occasionally matchmake for main missions and equip gear upgrades as you go

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Martout posted:

Yeah don't make my mistake of buying gear for your birdbucks, 119 down the drain right there :(

Buy blueprints, you can always craft again if you don't get the stats you want and crafting materials are more plentiful than birdcoins. Yellow items need birdcoins to reroll stats which is WAY too expensive.
Uggggh a bit as I read more about the endgame. It seems so cumbersome. And I used to play WoW back in TBC and so forth. Maybe I've just grown out of that loop or I know I don't/won't have the time to invest in too much.

I mean yeah it's not as easy as gearing up for Diablo 3 but this sounds like a real chore I was not expecting.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Post more about how the game industry is instigating violence against minorities and promoting racial hatred so I've got something to read while the servers are down TIA

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Sober posted:

Uggggh a bit as I read more about the endgame. It seems so cumbersome. And I used to play WoW back in TBC and so forth. Maybe I've just grown out of that loop or I know I don't/won't have the time to invest in too much.

I mean yeah it's not as easy as gearing up for Diablo 3 but this sounds like a real chore I was not expecting.

It's not that bad, i'm DZ'ing for fun with a group of buddies and we're getting birdcoins for simply loving around, which is pretty cool.

comatose posted:

Post more about how the game industry is instigating violence against minorities and promoting racial hatred so I've got something to read while the servers are down TIA

Talk about how the thugs get Treyvon'd and play spot the D&D poster.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Perhaps the game should be called The Segregation.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
This god drat maintenance. What I'm saying is I enjoy this game.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

The Mash posted:

1-30 can be done in like 15 hours by anyone with a functioning brain if you just run sidemissions, occasionally matchmake for main missions and equip gear upgrades as you go

I've only reached level 20 in about that time. I do spend most of my time doing encounters though for the med/tech/sec unlocks. Are they less efficient in exp/time spent?
Should I focus on the Pentagon shaped side missions for exp? I never really compared the exp/credit values on the different types of missions.

I guess it's not a waste though as I want everything unlocked eventually anyway and the reward for completing those (60 points per encounter) doesn't seem to go up with level.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Perhaps the game should be called The Segregation.

:agreed:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

I've just run across a bunch of those soldier guys in white and it's pretty nice how they use distinct tactics. Where the Rikers are all over the place and have dudes with shotguns running straight at you, those soldiers are using flanking and cover manouvers.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Sober posted:

It's not THAT bad tbh, even just doing the hard-mode dailies will get you a yellow blueprint every 2-3 days and the loot you get from running those dailies will give you enough materials to craft it a few times. Also the game has been out for a week, remember D3 at launch? Gearing up was an absolute shitshow until they removed auctions, added paragon levels and balanced drop rates which took quite a long time.

DZ rewards are what really need some work imo.

Herr Doktor Kreig
Feb 16, 2016
Had a good time dicking around in the DZ before the plug got pulled. Teamed up with some guy and his wife, and extracted about a dozen items (including one of my first blues :shittypop:). Couple of tag team rogues tried to murder us, but we held strong until 2 minutes before maintenance. Got gunned down by one of them finally. His victory cry was a shrill "loving pussy bitch" delivered in the same voice as a prepubescent Bill Clinton.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Martout posted:

It's not THAT bad tbh, even just doing the hard-mode dailies will get you a yellow blueprint every 2-3 days and the loot you get from running those dailies will give you enough materials to craft it a few times. Also the game has been out for a week, remember D3 at launch? Gearing up was an absolute shitshow until they removed auctions, added paragon levels and balanced drop rates which took quite a long time.

DZ rewards are what really need some work imo.
DZ rewards are terrible though. DZ is fun as hell. Now I wish I didn't spend the most of yesterday and today blitzing to 30 from 19 and just DZ'ing with friends who I've left behind.

Am I wrong in thinking having purple gear means handling purple elites should be no problem, yellow as well? I think solo play needs maybe some tuning in the DZ/hard mode department some.

Also it's super weird that the earlier story missions don't scale as well rewards-wise or anything.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Sober posted:

Am I wrong in thinking having purple gear means handling purple elites should be no problem, yellow as well? I think solo play needs maybe some tuning in the DZ/hard mode department some.
Having all purple gear makes level 30 yellows real easy. Things get a bit dicey as you go north in the DZ since you'll start fighting level 31 and 32 enemies though. Hard mode missions are soloable easy enough with blues and once you get all purple gear you should be breezing through them no problem by yourself.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I was roguehunting with my twink account and I ran into what I assume was a 13 year old doing the same thing and dancing around a dude he just downed.

I double headshotted him with my sniper, picked the dude up and let him curbstomp the little fucker. DZ is fun.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Also just a thought but I would imagine Massive would just patch it so (basic) vendor gear recycled for no crafting parts to cut down on people shipping expensive drops to twinks to sell for cheap stuff to disassemble and actually have us go out and loot stuff.

If they want to take a page out of D3's playbook.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Can we somehow force Ubi to fix the UI? The map glitches most of the time as in I can't click on the waypoints I want to go to, and then it's just cumbersome to use most of the stuff; heck, at the very least make RMB go back and not esc!

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
I came across two germans who claimed to be brothers. They spoke pretty decent english, and were preetty fun guys, so we rolled the DZ for a while until we were all full of loot, then made our way towards an extraction point.

I'm ahead of them when I hear them plotting to kill me for my poo poo. Forgot to mention I speak German, motherfuckers.

I ducked behind a van and in comms just said to one of them (in not quite perfect german) "Hey buddy, kill your brother and side with me, and I'll let you have his best gear". The other brother had picked up a pretty sweet purple 5 minutes before.

There was a pause, then the guy I was talking to quit the team and hosed his bro down with an LMG. We stole all his poo poo, he rejoined our group and we all had a good laugh, he wasn't even mad.

This game is fantastic if you get with a cool group of randoms.

Edit: I guess you had to be there but it was hilarious/ice cold how quick he went with a change of allegience.

princecoo fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Mar 15, 2016

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PvP in this should be called Brown v Board of Education.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
I'm jumping into the dz on xbox if anyone's about

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Honest Thief posted:

Can we somehow force Ubi to fix the UI? The map glitches most of the time as in I can't click on the waypoints I want to go to, and then it's just cumbersome to use most of the stuff; heck, at the very least make RMB go back and not esc!
Wait for the map to fully open before trying to use it or you end up with the cursor you see being offset from where the game thinks it is.
At least I think this is what causes it.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013

Insert name here posted:

The stats on the blueprints are always off for me, like for example I looked at my yellow Marine Super 90 blueprint and for some reason it said the mag size was 11 (it's 8), and then another time it displayed the correct mag size, but then told me the RoF was 181 (it's 150). :confused:

I figured it out last night right before I went to sleep.
If you buy the blueprint and it says x-y for range, if your gear changes, you have to relog in order for the new values to show up. It doesn't update instantly nor does switching zones/doing other things do it.

I ended up crafting 2 more AKs that were pretty doodoo compared to the first one I rolled.
I got extremely lucky to have a very high roll and 2 extremely good weapon talents.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Honest Thief posted:

at the very least make RMB go back and not esc!
Yes, please. ESC should completely exit the menus, where RMB should step back one level.

I mean, it wouldn't hurt if the entire UI had the numerous transitions expedited so I didn't have to sit there waiting for the GUI to look cool as gently caress getting into the weapon mods configuration, but that stacked with needing to step back 3-4 times just to exit all of it is The Worst™. Not that it makes a huge bit of difference, but it's mostly dumb in a sort of game that can never be paused, but maybe I am missing something and there is a key I can press to just fast kill the menus.

Xenin
Nov 5, 2004
Is anyone actually ingame? I keep getting service unavailable error 20010186 on PS4.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

PvP in this should be called Brown v Board of Education.

Starting a change.org petition to change the 'dark' zone to something more racially sensitive.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

comatose posted:

Starting a change.org petition to change the 'dark' zone to something more racially sensitive.

"Not My Backyard"

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Xenin posted:

Is anyone actually ingame? I keep getting service unavailable error 20010186 on PS4.

The servers are down for maintenance.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
So I've finally made it to level 30, and I'm struggling to know where to go next. Lately I've just been clearing out the non-DZ map of encounters and side missions, will probably collect all the collectibles and bear asses too, or failing at DZ. I'm a solo player, so the only time I'm in a group is if the activity has matchmaking. (I play throughout the night and morning, so people aren't really on anyway)

I'm at 44,833/46,714 Primary/Secondary DPS; 62,670 Health; 12,130 Skill Power.

I'm unsure at what I should be doing to earn upgrades. Most of mygear is still blues with a couple purples. And I'm still at the point where I will find a blue that has more damage or better stats, makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong.

I'm not really sure how daily/challenge missions work. If I can just matchmake them like I could Destiny nightfall/weekly strike. And I don't know if I'm geared enough for the challenge modes at this point. I could use some advice on where I'm at and where I should be going. And maybe some advice on what I should do in the Darkzone as a solo player. I'd love to play with people, but because of the times I play I'm usually the only one online. And I take frequent breaks and listen to radio so I'm probably a horribly obnoxious person to play with anyway.

Sorry for taking up your time, any advice could help.

Edit: If I just did hard mode missions either with pubbies or by myself would I be getting level appropriate gear? I'm all confused about how gear drops work after so much Destiny.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

TVDinna posted:

I figured it out last night right before I went to sleep.
If you buy the blueprint and it says x-y for range, if your gear changes, you have to relog in order for the new values to show up. It doesn't update instantly nor does switching zones/doing other things do it.
Why would your gear influence the DMG range on a blueprint?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Ularg, just solo the dark zone mobs at your level, you will get a shitload of purples. Mobs drop items at the level they are, chest in the dark zone gives you items at your lvl.

Also try to team up with random people you meet, I found a Agent getting picked on by mobs and revived him when he went down. Afterwards we grouped up and cleared out all the subways we could find, subway is good since there is almost never anyone down there.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
Oh man, I'm having super regrets about my medical upgrade choices now. To have enough supplies for the master med ability I have to complete all encounters AND do the final medical mission, which is set at level 27. I'm currently L18.

:negative:

Edit:

Also what's with all of the Chinese in the game all of a sudden? My district chat is just full of Chinese characters...

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Sandweed posted:

Ularg, just solo the dark zone mobs at your level, you will get a shitload of purples. Mobs drop items at the level they are, chest in the dark zone gives you items at your lvl.

Also try to team up with random people you meet, I found a Agent getting picked on by mobs and revived him when he went down. Afterwards we grouped up and cleared out all the subways we could find, subway is good since there is almost never anyone down there.

Thank you. I really wish I could heal non-grouped agents in the DZ. I always feel sad watching someone get their health wrecked but I have to wait for them to get downed before I can help them.

Right now I'm currently running Pulse with Tactical Scanner (damage increased on identified targets) and First Aid with Overdose (better heal, overheal). Basically using First Aid instead of healing station because of how much I have to move around dodging grenades and charging enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I'm 29 now. I guess a good plan for a while is to level up in Dark Zone to 30+ and grind up to be the best Forever 29 that ever was?

But I forgot to take the level 4 filter perk and I have 0 med supplies, so I couldn't go down in the DZ subway which kinda sucks

• Locked thread