Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Linx posted:

Oh man, I'm having super regrets about my medical upgrade choices now. To have enough supplies for the master med ability I have to complete all encounters AND do the final medical mission, which is set at level 27. I'm currently L18.

:negative:

Edit:

Also what's with all of the Chinese in the game all of a sudden? My district chat is just full of Chinese characters...

You should play more at night. It's all Korean, Chinese and Japanese. I was in a group for the daily mission and one guy tried talking to us the entire mission, but he was speaking Japanese. Then another pubbie kept responding in english "I totally agree, I hear you man!" which was hilarious.

Sometimes I really wish I was bilingual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Linx posted:

Oh man, I'm having super regrets about my medical upgrade choices now. To have enough supplies for the master med ability I have to complete all encounters AND do the final medical mission, which is set at level 27. I'm currently L18.

:negative:
There's actually more points total than needed, so you won't have to do all the encounters at least. I have 260 left over and I've done all the encounters, which unfortunately means you'll still need to do the level 27 mission. :rip:

Ularg posted:

Thank you. I really wish I could heal non-grouped agents in the DZ. I always feel sad watching someone get their health wrecked but I have to wait for them to get downed before I can help them.
You used to be able to do this in the beta by shooting the healing bomb at them, does that no longer work?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Ularg posted:

I'm unsure at what I should be doing to earn upgrades. Most of mygear is still blues with a couple purples. And I'm still at the point where I will find a blue that has more damage or better stats, makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong.

If you want a giant amount of purple in one go (without being killed by rogues) do the UN mission again. You get 4/5 purples each time you complete it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm not a rogue agent in the DZ, but I am an opportunist. No way I'm politely gonna wait for you to respawn when you dropped a trendy neck warmer and pom pom beanie.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

To those complaining about phoenix credits and gearing up; I felt the same way, but you can do the Lexington Event Center story mission on challenge mode and it will give you 20 credits and a random high-end gear every time you complete it (as well as the purples off the boss herself).

How geared were you when you started running Lexington as Challenge-difficulty? I keep seeing that it's good to farm, but a friend of mine is worried we're too undergeared still

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop

Ularg posted:

You should play more at night. It's all Korean, Chinese and Japanese. I was in a group for the daily mission and one guy tried talking to us the entire mission, but he was speaking Japanese. Then another pubbie kept responding in english "I totally agree, I hear you man!" which was hilarious.

I got put in a group with a Chinese guy that was apparently sitting next to his wife who was watching Chinese soap operas, it was hilarious. I didnt realize their match making was global, I figured it would be regional like R6 Siege.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Yeah it's legitimately retarded as gently caress that there's no matchmaking by region, why am I being matched with Japanese and Brazilian players? It's laggy as hell.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Ularg posted:

Edit: If I just did hard mode missions either with pubbies or by myself would I be getting level appropriate gear? I'm all confused about how gear drops work after so much Destiny.

This is what I did when I first got 30. You can do the early missions on hard mode with marginal gear solo if you play relatively smart because they don't have a bunch of bum rush shotgun dudes and you will get purple level 30 drops from the bosses. I've got like 2 yellows and the rest purple stuff now. I still haven't grouped much due to weird playtimes and friends lagging behind.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Thanks guys for the advice.

So I think I'm now getting memory leaks playing The Division. I'm not sure if this is meant to be a ton of memory for the game to use as I never really monitored it when it's working normally.

But at this point the game was freezing for a couple seconds every other second. Until I quit out. Has there been any luck on fixing it or am I screwed until Ubisoft deems me worthy of the dev time? I didn't have this problem whatsoever during the beta. Just makes it feel like I'm being punished for not getting this on ps4.

Edit: There doesn't seem to be a single response from Ubisoft. And the only things I can find are people saying they just lowered all their graphics settings to minimum, and seems to have a 50/50 chance of either fixing it or just letting you play an extra 45 minutes before the memory leak gets so bad it crashes.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Mar 15, 2016

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Ularg posted:

So I think I'm now getting memory leaks playing The Division. I'm not sure if this is meant to be a ton of memory for the game to use as I never really monitored it when it's working normally.

But at this point the game was freezing for a couple seconds every other second. Until I quit out. Has there been any luck on fixing it or am I screwed until Ubisoft deems me worthy of the dev time? I didn't have this problem whatsoever during the beta. Just makes it feel like I'm being punished for not getting this on ps4.
Oh don't worry. PS4 is definitely affected by a memory leak of sorts as well, continually running the game has led me to situations where audio cuts completely out, controller vibration stops working, areas and collisions stop loading properly, etc. Restarting the game has fixed all of those, as expected.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Xbox DZ report: everyone's a bitch

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

The Mash posted:

1-30 can be done in like 15 hours by anyone with a functioning brain if you just run sidemissions, occasionally matchmake for main missions and equip gear upgrades as you go

I am happy how easy and effortless is leveling in this game. Not happy that they did not had a system to allow high level players to play with low level players, but I guest we can't have everything.

It took me about 24 hours to go from level 1 to level 30 + rank 30 dz.

Another thing they have to fix is the no-pvp in the pvp zone, because the negative rewards for rogues. But even if they do nothing, is a problem that will solve itself when many people get to 50. The pastime of rank's 50 will be to harass poors rank 3X.
I have no idea what range of power we are talking about. I think the first time you get to 30, your levels are somewhat like 33K weapons, 33K life, 33K electronics, and it probably goes up to 124K/125K/125K. So a rank 50 with perfect rolls will have x4 more health, will do x4 more damage. Nobody will have perfect rolls on the 3 stats. I have yet to see any item on any quality with the 3 stats, but I know they exist from screenshots, but some people will have or already 120K on dps and 100K on health, making them some formidable noob killing machine. ...The current period of pvp peace is a illusion, a warmup period before total chaos. I don't know if the destination will be fun, but going there will be fun.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

gibbed posted:

Oh don't worry. PS4 is definitely affected by a memory leak of sorts as well, continually running the game has led me to situations where audio cuts completely out, controller vibration stops working, areas and collisions stop loading properly, etc. Restarting the game has fixed all of those, as expected.

I'm experiencing these as well. Good to know it's the game, and not my Xbox making GBS threads itself.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

I picked up a pom pom hat in the dark zone and neon tigerstripe skin

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

gibbed posted:

I haven't run into the no audio bug but some friends get it almost nightly. I usually get some longer load times and damage numbers disappearing.

Ran Russian Consulate last night with 3 other dudes, all were undergeared but we did the Support Station gimmick. Only took us 2 hours, with the 3 shotgun guys at the top of the stairs on the last encounter giving us a hell of a time. :derp:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I haven't experienced memory leaks in the Division, but when it's happened to me in the past it's usually come from some other program stealing focus. Disabling the Ubisoft overlay is often the first thing that gets recommended for these sorts of problems. I still get the black screen bug at least 1/4 times I load up the game, though.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Made a new character on a new PSN (I hated my old name :/ ). Shoot a msg to Wade_2340

Short simple and to the point.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I restarted the game and in the menu before I even select a character I went to change the settings and The Division was already taking 2,900MB of RAM and going upwards. Went all the way up to 3,500MB during loading then slowly went back down and it's hovering around 2,800MB. No news yet on if it's going to crash on me. Better not with my full DZ bag I need to extract. I set everything to low but might have to check again to see any effects I can turn completely off. Then reboot my PC because it seems like The Division isn't letting go of that RAM even when you close it.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Anyone else on PS4 noticing the audio bugs? I often hear weird little stutters that sound like the first 1/10 second of a voice sample that just cut out. It's kinda bad and extremely noticeable.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

ShaneB posted:

Anyone else on PS4 noticing the audio bugs? I often hear weird little stutters that sound like the first 1/10 second of a voice sample that just cut out. It's kinda bad and extremely noticeable.
Yeah, it was in the beta too. I'm not sure if it's civilian dialogue or some weird prox chat bug but it's pretty annoying

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Ularg posted:

Edit: There doesn't seem to be a single response from Ubisoft. And the only things I can find are people saying they just lowered all their graphics settings to minimum, and seems to have a 50/50 chance of either fixing it or just letting you play an extra 45 minutes before the memory leak gets so bad it crashes.
How much RAM do you have? Games using 4+GB isn't really uncommon now, and if you're hitting your RAM limit then you'll start swapping and it'll run like poo poo.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Unused memory is wasted memory.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
I actually think how rogue status works in the DZ is pretty perfect. The penalty is harsh enough that your average player isn't going to go rogue but still not stiff enough that the people who get entertainment from PvP wont group up and roll over pubbies. I get that people want PvP deathmatch but that's not what this is. Maybe in the future they'll have a wargame expansion with capture the flag and whatnot.

If anything I think there should be a "safety's on" option that you can toggle to turn on/off friendly fire in the DZ. That way you don't have to worry about greifers who run in your line of sight to try and make you rogue. Though, its not a big deal as long as you're aware of your surroundings.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF
I have the Division maxed out, ultra settings and it uses something like 2GB ram at the most last time I checked.

The audio cut issues happen to me randomly, but don't really seem to have a cause behind them that I can see. Usually it's cellphone recordings and echos that do it though. Hit level 20 last night and I guess gear from here on out must scale pretty ridiculously because I have a level 20 purple smg primary and it's modded pretty nicely and it's only around 13K dps, but absolutely rapes everything I've come in contact with. Also got a nice level 20 purple LMG with a 100 mag size that can tear through 4 or 5 level 19-20 guys in 1 clip. Made some of those protect the supply drop encounters pretty boring, mow every thing down before it even gets close and then stand there for a minute waiting for the timer to expire.

Also, all my wings are at 9/10 already and I have several story missions to go on the other side of the map and it will probably take 1 mission per wing + an encounter or two to get the 1K creds I need to max, so playing slow and doing all encounters I run across seems to make it fairly easy to max wings out pre-lvl 30. I guess if I had focused mostly on side mission and story missions I'd probably be level 30 already in the same time, but I've probably spent more time just running around the streets and DZ than actual leveling :D

thebushcommander fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Mar 15, 2016

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Malloc Voidstar posted:

How much RAM do you have? Games using 4+GB isn't really uncommon now, and if you're hitting your RAM limit then you'll start swapping and it'll run like poo poo.

You're probably right, I have 16GB. But I'm wondering why it plays fine for an hour maybe then just starts freezing until I restart.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Rabble posted:

I actually think how rogue status works in the DZ is pretty perfect. The penalty is harsh enough that your average player isn't going to go rogue but still not stiff enough that the people who get entertainment from PvP wont group up and roll over pubbies. I get that people want PvP deathmatch but that's not what this is. Maybe in the future they'll have a wargame expansion with capture the flag and whatnot.

If anything I think there should be a "safety's on" option that you can toggle to turn on/off friendly fire in the DZ. That way you don't have to worry about greifers who run in your line of sight to try and make you rogue. Though, its not a big deal as long as you're aware of your surroundings.

What do you mean not stiff enough, my buddy got dropped as rogue and went down 2 DZ levels and lost 50,000 DZ credits. That's insane.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Has anybody had a high-end weapon drop of anything other than Cadecus? I've gotten 3 of them.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Does dying and the losses you incur as a Rogue scale up/down based on how naughty you've been? Or is it a flat amount based on your level/current DZ rank?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Party Plane Jones posted:

I've gotten 3 of them.

i don't like you very much right now.

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
First wave M1A :staredog:

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Croccers posted:

Does dying and the losses you incur as a Rogue scale up/down based on how naughty you've been? Or is it a flat amount based on your level/current DZ rank?

See this post on Reddit.

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
Friendly Fire being always active in the disease what makes it in intense and cool.

The whole point is you should have to check fire against people you don't know and be very aware of them. The first thing I always do when acting as group lead is call out non-hostile agents and make sure that were checking fire Lanes.

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
A bad agent is a rogue agent :colbert:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SquirrelGrip posted:

Xbox DZ report: everyone's a bitch

Ularg posted:

You're probably right, I have 16GB. But I'm wondering why it plays fine for an hour maybe then just starts freezing until I restart.

I have 16GB and have left it running overnight (got sidetracked with stuff, then went out, then came home and went right to bed) with no ill effects. Then again, I built a new computer like 2 months ago so your hardware may be different. The freezing part seems like a possible GPU or CPU issue - have you checked to see if your stuff is overheating?

This isn't to say Ubisoft didn't gently caress something up - R6 Siege crashed 3 times before properly starting when I first installed it and AFAIK it still has problems with certain rendering resources on shields. I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow made a game that literally only worked with a specific brand of RAM.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Mar 15, 2016

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Party Plane Jones posted:

Has anybody had a high-end weapon drop of anything other than Cadecus? I've gotten 3 of them.
I had a Midas drop from the named boss Torch in the DZ last night.

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

KFBR392 posted:

Friendly Fire being always active in the disease what makes it in intense and cool.

The whole point is you should have to check fire against people you don't know and be very aware of them. The first thing I always do when acting as group lead is call out non-hostile agents and make sure that were checking fire Lanes.

This. It means you have to play more carefully in the DZ. Plus I had a fun experience where I accidentally shot another agent, went rogue and then had a heart-pounding race through the DZ as they tried to chase me down while I sprinted for safety.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Ularg posted:

Sometimes I really wish I was bilingual.

I play from Japan and keep getting matched with German speakers. Maybe the game is giving me a crash course in historical alliances

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Ularg posted:

In the Graphics options there's a slider called Extra Streaming Distance which was at the max and completely killing my FPS in areas until I turned it off. Also noticed a lot of HD activity until I dropped it down, so I'd check that and turn it down first to see if that fixes things.

Muffin Rhino
Dec 31, 2006

I am SO gay for Doctor Cox.

Ularg posted:

I'm unsure at what I should be doing to earn upgrades. Most of mygear is still blues with a couple purples. And I'm still at the point where I will find a blue that has more damage or better stats, makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Run the UN General Assembly mission on hard a few times, with matchmaking. People are farming it (because it has 3 bosses). You'll walk away with 6-9 purples each run if you're lucky, plus Phoenix Credits for high-end loot at the BoO.

quote:

I'm not really sure how daily/challenge missions work. If I can just matchmake them like I could Destiny nightfall/weekly strike. And I don't know if I'm geared enough for the challenge modes at this point. I could use some advice on where I'm at and where I should be going. And maybe some advice on what I should do in the Darkzone as a solo player. I'd love to play with people, but because of the times I play I'm usually the only one online. And I take frequent breaks and listen to radio so I'm probably a horribly obnoxious person to play with anyway.

You're not geared enough for the Challenge modes (they are legit hard, even with great gear). They require coordination, which usually means a pre-made team of 4 or a group of smart randos w/ mics. The standard "daily" hard missions are doable at your level though, just matchmake them.

The Dark Zone is also a great way to get purps, if you've got the stones for it. Tool around in the DZ01-DZ03 area, play conservatively and don't expose yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Ularg posted:

I noticed the latest windows 10 update caused something similar if you had an xbox one wireless controller adapter or controller plugged in... Guy on reddit had a decent workaround that got rid of it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/48pae4/random_mouse_lagging_and_beeping/

not that it'll fix your situation, but it did mine.

• Locked thread