Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Welp:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1197311

Input lag comparison of various fighters, shows a 3 and a half frame difference in PC with V-Sync on vs Off. I wonder how PS4 compares, is V-Sync always on in that version? Thats pretty gross
lol, curious to see whether or not wednesday night fights has had vsync disabled on their setups

edit: oh, you have to go into the ini file to edit it. yeah zero chance.

cams fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
8.5 frames of input lag would explain a lot

edit:like that's exactly as bad as playing console xrd on a 2 bar connection

Pomp fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 15, 2016

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Welp:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1197311

Input lag comparison of various fighters, shows a 3 and a half frame difference in PC with V-Sync on vs Off. I wonder how PS4 compares, is V-Sync always on in that version? Thats pretty gross

I'm curious as heck about the PS4 version. I've said a bunch of times since starting to play this game that it feels like there is a huge delay in your inputs even offline, which to me would be in place to smooth the online experience while making the game feel consistent offline. But I've never walked into fireballs so much in any game in my life and I've played a good amount of ST vs some of the best/scummiest O.Sagats in america and feel like I know my limits when it comes to walking forward and then blocking. If I'm wrong then I guess I just suck tho :[

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Ps4 netcode feels great to me, im close to nyc though so that may be part of it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I mess up my simplest punish combos half the time online but it usually feels alright.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/...e-eh-interview/

Phenom Did Nothing Wrong.

(not a hot take from Velociraptor, relatively safe to click)

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Heh, Alioune jumped all over Phenom and other 09ers today on twitter

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Alioune hasn't left his house in his life

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Goodpart posted:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/...e-eh-interview/

Phenom Did Nothing Wrong.

(not a hot take from Velociraptor, relatively safe to click)

he has a really reasonable critique of a game he still likes. seems like a cool guy with a good attitude

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I remember him being really defensive about SF4(maybe during super era?) as well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Are there any good follow ups to Karin's V-Reversal? I couldn't find any in training, but maybe reversals are just to force a reset rather than kick off a combo.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The worst thing about Street Fighter Five is that it doesn't fix the problem of Shoryuken's animation not even remotely representing it's actual hit box. Goddamn I'm tired of being hit by Shoryukens that pass a foot in front of my face.

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

ASK ME WHAT MAKES ME THINK I'M SO FUNKY

apple posted:

I got there like last week

darn. you playing ken again this time??

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Spiritus Nox posted:

The worst thing about Street Fighter Five is that it doesn't fix the problem of Shoryuken's animation not even remotely representing it's actual hit box. Goddamn I'm tired of being hit by Shoryukens that pass a foot in front of my face.

This isn't and never was a problem. If you're getting hit by a DP from range it's because you did a move or pressed a button that put a hurtbox out that got hit.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Also, I'm recently discovering that Mika appears to have a tick-command throw? ...Off of what looks like a jab?

...What the actual gently caress am I supposed to do with that?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Also, I'm recently discovering that Mika appears to have a tick-command throw? ...Off of what looks like a jab?

You tick into command throw

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

Spiritus Nox posted:

scoop em

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

inthesto posted:

You tick into command throw

Meant from the receiving end.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Make a hard read or get scooped, son.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
You can avoid throws by jumping, or backdashing, or doing an invincible move.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

A.o.D. posted:

Make a hard read or get scooped, son.

Is there even enough time to get a jab in between the tick and the scoop? Do I just have to not let Mika jab ever?

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
jab them or jump

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Spiritus Nox posted:

If you're talking about the thing where she throws you against the wall and you stumble around, it can be blocked

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

Spiritus Nox posted:

Is there even enough time to get a jab in between the tick and the scoop? Do I just have to not let Mika jab ever?
If she's jabbing at a range where she can throw you hosed up because getting close is basically her bread and butter

Don't be close to a grappler ever

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Your options are invincible reversal and risk guard crush if they evade/block it, throw out a jab and risk getting counterhit, jump and risk getting hit with another jab in your pre jump frames and sucked into a hit confirm combo, or go for a block and hope it isn't a throw.

Make a hard read, son.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

A.o.D. posted:

Your options are invincible reversal and risk guard crush if they evade/block it, throw out a jab and risk getting counterhit, jump and risk getting hit with another jab in your pre jump frames and sucked into a hit confirm combo, or go for a block and hope it isn't a throw.

Make a hard read, son.

Jeeze. Fun.

signalnoise posted:

If you're talking about the thing where she throws you against the wall and you stumble around, it can be blocked

Nah, the one where she scoops the legs and swings you around. EX has her call in Nadeshiko or whatever her name is.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What are some good Charlie frametraps

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

Jeeze. Fun.

Nah, the one where she scoops the legs and swings you around. EX has her call in Nadeshiko or whatever her name is.

That's her reward for getting in on you. If you're a longer-ranged character, you get to create a puzzle for her to navigate before she can even begin to accomplish anything.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

A.o.D. posted:

That's her reward for getting in on you. If you're a longer-ranged character, you get to create a puzzle for her to navigate before she can even begin to accomplish anything.

Tips for Vega?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
loving use footises and don't ever lose claw. You can also try walldive for tricky bullshit, but they may wiseup and poo poo on you if you screwup.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Baal posted:

loving use footises and don't ever lose claw. You can also try walldive for tricky bullshit, but they may wiseup and poo poo on you if you screwup.

What's the best option against jump ins? His crouching strong slash never seems to have a good angle for me, and I can't consistently beat jump ins with his jumping medium kick or air throw.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
QCB+HP or st.HP which aren't great, but it's all you've really got. Vega is wanting for anti air options.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Baal posted:

What are some good Charlie frametraps
who is MP

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fereydun posted:

who is MP

Mysterious Person, Charlie Nash

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

Tips for Vega?

You've got great buttons, and your air attacks beat hers if you know what you're doing. Mika's wakeup isn't great? so don't be afraid to abuse that to your advantage. Don't let her in, because Vega has no reversals and no wake up. Set the pace of the neutral game, and for god's sake, don't let her get away with jumping in. If you're worried about jab tick into throw, use a V-reversal to reset to neutral.

The most important thing is that if Mika is standing and not in block or hitstun, you want to be playing the neutral game with her.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The forums won't let me see the latest post

EDIT: There we go

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

What's the best option against jump ins? His crouching strong slash never seems to have a good angle for me, and I can't consistently beat jump ins with his jumping medium kick or air throw.

Vega's best options are jump back lp. or mk. depending on range or angle

OR

Challenge her directly with an air throw

OR

and I swear to god this works if you get the timing right, lk roll. No, seriously.

If she does a blocked jab into cross up jump in, forward dash or slide under her.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I just realized we're halfway through the month and there's no date on the March patch

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
After Final Round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Spiritus Nox posted:

Jeeze. Fun.

when you're playing against mika, you want to be thinking about keeping her out at all times. this means you should be aware of her options to get in on you at all times and where she has to use those.

if you have a projectile, just try and stay back and play your game. throw it without getting punished, anti air, whiff punish. if you have to get in to deal damage, remember that every time you get in, she's gonna wanna keep you in. this means throwing out her safe/relatively safe normals to keep you grounded and in range. the best of these, in my opinion, is the dropkick, so that is the one you should learn to work around/bait the most. it is -4 on block, unless she charges it, then it's +2. you can try and identify them and react accordingly, but if you're like me, you're gonna have to see it a LOT in practice to get used to it. what you should do is play it like the dictator matchup in sf4, which is move in and out of the range that she can throw it and try and bait it out. at that range, at about half screen, her only real options to hit you are 1) dropkick 2) jump in 3) unsafe lariat thing. the latter two of those are great for you, so dropkick is the one to watch for. learn the range on it, move in and out, and if she whiffs it, punish. this has been the most successful strategy for me in that matchup. other than that, she can try dashing in and just throwing stuff out, but you should be making sure she doesn't do that anyways.

if you can work at fullscreen, do it. if you can't, try and keep her at half screen and watch for the dropkick or jumpin. mika is a grappler with fantastic normals and high damage punishes, so if she is close to you, you are in big trouble and should be taking SOME risks (making reads) to get out of that situation as soon as possible. this game is full of characters who are terrifying to defend against in the corner, and mika might be the best.