Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

No it randomly just says lost connection or whatever. I'm gonna not play this right now and let whatever dumpster fire finish burning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Rafza posted:

need translation

3 beer wow thanks a lot daum, uninstalling

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lYB-Ws6jFY

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

The Quake posted:

3 beer wow thanks a lot daum, uninstalling

Is it green at least?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
The one thing I don't like is how AP limited you are. Are there plans to make processing no longer cost AP similar to the other regions? I don't see how you can do anything without doing a poo poo ton of AP leveling on alts, and that doesn't sound particularly fun.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

The one thing I don't like is how AP limited you are. Are there plans to make processing no longer cost AP similar to the other regions? I don't see how you can do anything without doing a poo poo ton of AP leveling on alts, and that doesn't sound particularly fun.
AP is attack power.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Like AP as in energy? I got 139 without alts. And alts don't help since knowledge is shared by family.

Press H, go open up anything and look at the title. They normally tell you how much energy you can get for completing those topics. Partial knowledge is also partial energy.

In the sea, there is like 22 energy alone.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Figure out which skills you want on your main and which ones you can pass off to alt(s).
Since maximum energy is family shared, there's basically no reason not to fill your character slots and at least use alts for low EXP rewarding tasks like chopping logs, collecting river water, etc...

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

LegalPad posted:

Figure out which skills you want on your main and which ones you can pass off to alt(s).
Since maximum energy is family shared, there's basically no reason not to fill your character slots and at least use alts for low EXP rewarding tasks like chopping logs, collecting river water, etc...

This for sure. My life become much easier when I pawned off cooking and trading onto alts. Generally, you can do most of your gathering with workers. Your map, invested nodes, storage space, houses, workshops (and so on), mounts, pets, and Energy MAXIMUM is shared across all alts. There is nothing stopping you from making alts for any task that requires you to stay within a single city. It's actually a pretty good idea.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

bonds0097 posted:

Ugh, this appears to be happening to me now. What fixed it for you?

couple things it could be:

lewtt posted:

I had the same issue for a while. watch your send/receive, and if it's the same issue as mine, it was because of massive packet loss on my sends

I'm under 500 miles from the server on a 110Mb connection. I had no packet loss in any other game

some people reported fixing it by deleting your cache folder in black desert install folder, as well as the black desert folder in my documents

reenabling Nagle's Algorithm/Disabling Leatrix Latency Fix (if you've messed with those) slightly fixed it for me. VPNing did not, nor did any other fixes I tried over the week it occured

let me also add that if you have any network issues in general, it's gonna get exacerbated by BDO; korean networking isn't near as optimized as it should be regarding the infrastructure for the rest of the world

e: regarding invites, you can pm me, Birginia, Kimsemus, or Carella (Lumberingtroll)

i leave my PC on most of the time, but I may or may not catch your message in a reasonable timeframe

lewtt fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Mar 16, 2016

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

When did you all get started with production stuff? I'm level 20, with about 40 contribution points. Should I start mucking around with workers? Should I focus on quests that give contribution XP? Or should I just keep progressing a while?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I couldn't even right click and drink the beer Daum gave me to level health XP a bit.

It is the worst beer.

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002
Just found a cool protip especially if you play tamer or sorc, you can set a key under Input for WW, instead of having to double tap WW for your forward ability you can just set 1 key.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Trent suit is a "slight" disadvantage? You guys must never read "Art of War", even modern warfare officers learn from it.

Sun Tzu posted:

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
Without knowing your enemies, you are bounded to be in the open and they are in the dark. Even red name with negative karma can pretend to attack mobs and open PvP next to you without knowing.
How do you seek revenge against your killers? Unless you are planning to kill every Trent suit users with the same class.
How do you know your killers approach if there is more than 1 Trent suit users in the area of the same class?
And more example of how Trent suit could be use to change the rules of PvP.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good
Does anyone know why all my attempts to buy this poo poo is failing? I tried paypal and direct CC, and they both just fail.

Is this a sign?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Probably

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dimo ArKacho posted:

Does anyone know why all my attempts to buy this poo poo is failing? I tried paypal and direct CC, and they both just fail.

Is this a sign?
I'm getting an error, please help.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I'm a completely newbie with 50k silver to my name and I've got a couple of items from fishing and killing mobs that are worth 250k each - I assume it's worth trying to sell these at the marketplace? I've tried to sell random lower value items since the game warns you every time you sell to an NPC but they don't seem to ever sell. I don't really understand how the market works and I don't want to pay what ever tax it'll be for 500k worth of items if they don't sell. Is there a trick to it or is it OK with higher value items?

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

Chalks posted:

I'm a completely newbie with 50k silver to my name and I've got a couple of items from fishing and killing mobs that are worth 250k each - I assume it's worth trying to sell these at the marketplace? I've tried to sell random lower value items since the game warns you every time you sell to an NPC but they don't seem to ever sell. I don't really understand how the market works and I don't want to pay what ever tax it'll be for 500k worth of items if they don't sell. Is there a trick to it or is it OK with higher value items?

If they're like blackstones or gems that people might buy, then toss them into your storage and deal with them after you make some more silver doing whatever. If they're gems that no one cares about, like +HP recovery, just grind those down into blackstone powder. If they're trade items, sell them to a trader. If they're none of the above, and no one buys them off the marketplace, sell them to an NPC?

Mantees
Oct 24, 2008
Guys I don't know how I missed the fact that this game was a good sandbox MMORPG.

I have read the OP and some other information about (not too much, so that I can have fun exploring the things in game by myself)
I am now getting a bit too enthusiastic, and almost hoping that this might be the MMORPG I have dreamed about for the last 10 years :magical:

Do you confirm what the OP says.. it is not Pay to win right? RIGHT?

EDIT: Do I buy the Traveller's pack or the basic version?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

AppliedPhilosophy posted:

If they're like blackstones or gems that people might buy, then toss them into your storage and deal with them after you make some more silver doing whatever. If they're gems that no one cares about, like +HP recovery, just grind those down into blackstone powder. If they're trade items, sell them to a trader. If they're none of the above, and no one buys them off the marketplace, sell them to an NPC?

One of them is some sort of glowing blue armour upgrade gem I think? The other is a artefact fragment that combines with other pieces, obtained from fishing.

I just assumed that since their prices are so high, that must mean people buy them because otherwise surely the prices would drop.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good

kalstrams posted:

I'm getting an error, please help.

For clarification, there is no error message. It literally says, "There was an error, please try again." That's it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dimo ArKacho posted:

For clarification, there is no error message. It literally says, "There was an error, please try again." That's it.
I did get internal server error once, paying with PayPal, and logging in and out of server did resolve that for me.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mantees posted:

Guys I don't know how I missed the fact that this game was a good sandbox MMORPG.

I have read the OP and some other information about (not too much, so that I can have fun exploring the things in game by myself)
I am now getting a bit too enthusiastic, and almost hoping that this might be the MMORPG I have dreamed about for the last 10 years :magical:

Do you confirm what the OP says.. it is not Pay to win right? RIGHT?

EDIT: Do I buy the Traveller's pack or the basic version?

Buy the basic version and spend the difference (keep the change) on the cash shop sexy underwear for +1 luck.

You might think this is a joke statement. You would be mistaken.

Digital Ebola
Jun 1, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Chalks posted:

One of them is some sort of glowing blue armour upgrade gem I think? The other is a artefact fragment that combines with other pieces, obtained from fishing.

I just assumed that since their prices are so high, that must mean people buy them because otherwise surely the prices would drop.

That seems about right. I didn't consider taxes when I sold my first gem-thing, I just did it based on the market numbers. Things usually sell. My current money making scheme is fishing the coast and running the fish to market at heidel. I've pulled three of those gems so far and I just listed #3 last night. I guess it was from fishing, I wouldn't know, I only really look at it when the fishing rod breaks or when I have a few minutes to play the mini-game. I'll break half a million silver this evening when I login. Started this game on Sunday, already bought a farm wagon and some other things, so money doesn't seem like such a big deal yet.

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

Chalks posted:

Not really. The marketplace in this game isn't totally free market. All items have a default minimum and max value. I think, over time, that the maximum price threshold can go up, but I don't have confirmation on that. The Blue upgrade is probably a Armor Blackstone, which will go for 200k+ as you need a billion of them to level up your armor to +15. You can either hold onto it, until you get an armor set you'll take to end game, or sell it for silver. I think the artifact fragment combines with others to form a end game boss scroll, but I don't fish so I don't know if those are the same as the ones you get from killing monsters. That might sell, I have no clue.

If something is priced high it doesn't mean people will buy it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

About darker nights:

quote:

After a quick review this issue seems to be channel specific where the sun does not go down. The issue has been reported, and is awaiting a fix, once the fix is in place we can all return to blindly running into trees at night and wishing we had brought a lantern.

Edited 12 hours ago by CM_Jouska

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012
Fantastic (not really).

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I have never worn a lantern in this game.

E:

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Mar 16, 2016

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012
The true problems of our generation solved

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

AppliedPhilosophy posted:

If something is priced high it doesn't mean people will buy it.

Thanks, this is really useful to know

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

i routinely sell those stones for max price on the market

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
the fragments you get from fishing are the same fragments you can get from killing monsters, you can sell them if you want but it would be best to stuff them in storage and wait until you are 50

do not combine them to save space, because that then sets a 7-day timer on you using the scroll, which you must be 50 to do

also, in order to fuse them if you are 50, put them in a plus shape in your inventory (you will need 5 fragments)

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Hrrm 900MB patch but no patch notes yet?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Stanley Pain posted:

Hrrm 900MB patch but no patch notes yet?
Nothing unusual.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Third World Reggin posted:

Like AP as in energy? I got 139 without alts. And alts don't help since knowledge is shared by family.

Press H, go open up anything and look at the title. They normally tell you how much energy you can get for completing those topics. Partial knowledge is also partial energy.

In the sea, there is like 22 energy alone.

Yeah, for some reason Energy = Action Points in my mind. I have no idea what game I chribbed that from.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

quote:

Event & System

3 new channels (Valencia 1,2,3) have been added to all servers for now, to handle the increased population and secure a stable gameplay experience

Requesting a Chat Ban has changed as follows;

Cost is now 15 Energy to request a Chat Ban.

Chat Ban duration has been increased.

A Roleplay chat channel has been added.

This channel is off by default but can be enabled in settings.

Talking in RP Chat will cost 1 Energy

Ratio for horse breeding has been increased to produce more high tier horses.

Class

Witch/Wizard

Can no longer accidentally resurrect opponents.

Damage to frozen opponents has been increased up to 20%.

Holiday Event

Start: March 16th 09:00 UTC (After maintenance)
End: March 21st 09:00 UTC (With maintenance)

Event Title: Saint Patrick's Day
Green Dye Bundle price reduced from 120 pearls to 80 pearls.
Add a one-time purchase Green Dye for 1 Loyalty.

Items

Cash Shop

Added the “Splat Fisher’s Clothes” costume.

Added the Shepherd dog pet.

Added the Megaphone

Added Family Name Change Ticket

Limit 2 Per Account

1,000 Pearls Each

The following items have had their tool-tip corrected.

Agerian Helmet

Agerian Helmet of Iron Wall

Agerian Helmet of Agility

Agerian Helmet of Intimidation

Agerian Helmet of Destruction

Agerian Helmet of Sacrifice

Ultimate Agerian Helmet

Monsters

Added new Field Boss “Dastard Bheg”

The following Field Boss mechanics have changed.

Each Field Boss now has a fixed spawn location.

All Field Bosses will not return to full heath if they leave combat.

Field Bosses will now attack players who get too close to them with a ranged attack and are invincible when not in combat.

Green Orc Skeleton Warrior has had an HP increase.

Green Orc Elite Soldier population around Hexe Marie has been increased.

Monster arrangement at Calpheon Shrine has been modified and population has been increased.

Monster arrangement at Abandoned Monastery has been modified and population has been increased.

UI

Changed the horse “Parking” notice to only appear above your horse.

Issues/Bugs

Fixed the issue where characters would clip underground when sitting or crawling.

Fixed the issue where characters would be under water when they logged in after logging out on a boat.

Ongoing

Pet Breeding is disabled pending system changes.

ETC

The standard on Channel Server Status has been changed.
Example: The number of players need to change status from Crowded to Overrun.

Updated

Changed the wording for clarity.

Requesting a Chat Ban has changed as follows;

Cost is now 15 Energy to request a Chat Ban.
Chat Ban duration has been increased.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

lol increased damage to frozen opponents

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Drythe posted:

A Roleplay chat channel has been added.

Forget the other cool stuff this is the best thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

What's our RP gimmick?