Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Shinino Kage posted:

Not just that -- how do we handle the bandit reward that goes away?

That bits easy. Increase the other two rewards to cover the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

what about the skill point

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

climboutonalimb posted:

They did kind of blow their load lore wise with Malachi and the A4 sub bosses but they can just pull another baddie out of their hat like Atziri, I guess.

I feel that was a huge mistake. All these purity rebellion big names, none of the characters developed, and all wiped out like nothing.

Fortunately, this is a setting where time travel might work. Reality is so fractured and shaky that running in, shanking Chitus or Lioneye or Ondar or Marylene, and taking their junk, will not cause any kind of time paradox.

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
I suppose they could interject an act somewhere. I always found it kind of weird that the ancient vaal pyramid with the unspeakable evil Oversoul inside is literally in the middle (actually the bottom right :goonsay:) of some economy housing in Sarn.

e: but it's like how do you hype people up for "we're wandering through some more forests and maybe we get to a suburb at one point."

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Ada posted:

I suppose they could interject an act somewhere. I always found it kind of weird that the ancient vaal pyramid with the unspeakable evil Oversoul inside is literally in the middle (actually the bottom right :goonsay:) of some economy housing in Sarn.

e: but it's like how do you hype people up for "we're wandering through some more forests and maybe we get to a suburb at one point."

I think it was entirely buried, but when you released it properly using the apex, it busted straight upwards through the ground.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Beast is still there, not really explained.

Also some big bad from Theopolis could invade.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
The simple fact that none of the characters in town make any mention of the fact that all forms of Thaumaturgy died the moment the Beast did indicates that something isn't right. The single thing that makes you capable as an exile of accomplishing what you did is supposed to be dead and buried, but it isn't. And it couldn't be for the game to continue on past Act 5.

So I'm guessing the Beast was like an appendage of an even larger entity, which is the true source of corruption/thaumaturgy. In every act, you transition to the next one in the same zone you beat the final boss in, so to me it only seems possible that act 6 is diving deeper beyond the Beast to find _something_

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Considering the beast gains power from bloodshed and regrowth, you, exile, are the beast.

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
I mean we could just go to Hell and kill the literal devil. That's always an option

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ada posted:

I mean we could just go to Hell and kill the literal devil. That's always an option

Like kill... Diablo?

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Phobophilia posted:

Considering the beast gains power from bloodshed and regrowth, you, exile, are the beast.

:v: however some of the townspeople remark that they're actually scared of you now. I can't remember which classes but I'm pretty sure Kira flat-out says you frighten her now.

I'm totally down with No John You Are The Demon, as long as I get fuckerstrike

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008

climboutonalimb posted:

The biggest thing with removing cruel in my opinion is that right now the difficulty ramp up isn't so severe with resists going 0, -20, -60 but if cruel goes away and you suddenly get thrown from 0 to -60 resist, that's a huge defensive power loss that would need to be addressed.

I think the solution to /that/ is have that change be somewhere else. How? I don't know.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Sweet making GBS threads jesus. I've never really played melee except Reave because I hate clicking directly on mobs in ARPS, but I decided to hop on the bandwagon and try an EQ build. This is loving nuts. The damage and tankiness are both a thousand times higher than any of the usual caster/ranged builds I do and all I did for twink gear was spend like 2 alts on a couple of 2hers. I usually skip Kole for example because he's a pain, but on this guy I face tanked him and TWO entire Perandus chest groups and jut exploded the entire thing and came out of it with full HP.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The devs really can't seem to balance melee right, melee skills tend to just have a couple at the front and center at any given time, the rest just being worthless and largely outdated.

On another note, anyone ever get anything worth opening silver cache rooms in the labyrinth? the rewards seem very underwhelming, I'd rather just rush to the final room.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
It depends on the day. Some days, labyrinths have cool silver caches, 3 days ago was a cache containing rare jewellery and orbs (emperor's treasure), yesterday was a guaranteed labyrinth unique (intricate chest). Today has nothing special.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

That feeling you get every time a number increases... that's me.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Shinino Kage posted:

She's also in Act 4 -- I agree she's a major character -- but she is NOT the final boss of the game.
Yet.

Ada posted:

If you walk up behindish the pyramid when you get out of it, you'll notice the top has...cogwheels? Sawblades? Actually, it's a tunnel borer! (Sort of.)

Also, there is no ice/snow level/act. Every game needs this, so that'll be there eventually, it won't just be forests! Or at least a snowy forest.

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

So Vaal Cyclone seems to be a bit bugged. It is apparently only rolling once for critical hit chance, and either all hits are crit, or none of them are.

Granted, with a Diamond Flask and some good crit chance, should be able to get 60-75% crit chance on it, but my 'nuke' is failing to go off too often for my tastes.

So, what to replace Vaal Cyclone - Cast on crit - discharge with?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
man POE is crashing the poo poo out of my drivers. atleast once per session my drivers will loving tank, and this often leads to artifacting that doesn't go away unless I restart. The artifacts are shadow/light source related.

Anyway, it's also burning it up. Utilization is at almost 100% even when it's not the focus. it's nutters.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is your graphics card dying?

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I found my first good unique! Cadiro sold me a Tabula Rasa for ~200 coins.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

resting bort face posted:

I found my first good unique! Cadiro sold me a Tabula Rasa for ~200 coins.

Got mine for 74. :smuggo:

I actually really like that this league has made Rasa's so ubiquitous. I think it's great that people have access to uniques and 6L that let them try play heavily unique reliant builds without poopsocking for weeks on end and/or having insane luck like funmanguy.

NightfallGemini
Dec 26, 2006

Tabletops posted:

man POE is crashing the poo poo out of my drivers. atleast once per session my drivers will loving tank, and this often leads to artifacting that doesn't go away unless I restart. The artifacts are shadow/light source related.

Anyway, it's also burning it up. Utilization is at almost 100% even when it's not the focus. it's nutters.

Do you have vsync enabled? I noticed PoE would nuke my card until I flipped vsync on.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

climboutonalimb posted:

Got mine for 74. :smuggo:

I actually really like that this league has made Rasa's so ubiquitous. I think it's great that people have access to uniques and 6L that let them try play heavily unique reliant builds without poopsocking for weeks on end and/or having insane luck like funmanguy.

Funman doesn't have more luck than anyone else. He just plays the game way more then all of you.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Awesome! posted:

is your graphics card dying?
no, it's fine in everything else.

NightfallGemini posted:

Do you have vsync enabled? I noticed PoE would nuke my card until I flipped vsync on.

this was probably it, I had turned v-sync off and turned down a ton of graphics settings trying to get better FPS in Lab. It's been fine since turning it back on.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

akkristor posted:

So Vaal Cyclone seems to be a bit bugged. It is apparently only rolling once for critical hit chance, and either all hits are crit, or none of them are.

This isn't a bug, it's how all skills work.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

nightwisher posted:

:v: however some of the townspeople remark that they're actually scared of you now. I can't remember which classes but I'm pretty sure Kira flat-out says you frighten her now.

I'm totally down with No John You Are The Demon, as long as I get fuckerstrike

what Level 8 Catarina says is pretty enlightening in that regard...

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

The Real Foogla posted:

what Level 8 Catarina says is pretty enlightening in that regard...

I've never gotten her to 8 before, what does she have to say?

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Isn't most of act 4 an illusion? Beyond Dried lake and the mines everything is just a fever dream occurring as a result of climbing up some unknown beast's butthole and huffing its farts. No wonder people are scared of you, you've been wallowing in poop for hours...

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Are there any loose ends left in the Sarn cataclysm? Is the megaboss of Act 5 going to turn out to be Victario's undead corpse?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

nightwisher posted:

I've never gotten her to 8 before, what does she have to say?

"You, my friend, are one of those rare entities that transcends both breath and body, death and decay.

Your Art, in its own way, has come to eclipse even mine. I am humbled in your presence, and shall follow you into Undeath without qualm or question.

You know, when they first sent me to Wraeclast, I thought myself the one to stand proudly at the fore as the darkness eclipsed this land.

I was wrong. That one is you."

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Maybe it'll be like SOTN and we get an upside down wraeclast to fight through

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
could I get some seasoned eyes on SparkleFart's tree (and items, I guess)? I feel like some of the choices I was following ( https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1603006/page/1 ) are pretty inefficient.

I'd love to get some input on where to take it defensively. I only have ~4k EHP though that is with a tabula. I die really fast, so I think I need some defensive nodes. The only thing I was planning to do from where I am on the tree is to get the throat seeker node in the top right.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Here's a cool thing: Minion Instability (minions explode for fire damage at low life) and Necromancer's Beacon of Corruption (minions emit a cloud of chaos DOT on death) work together. Also I'm reasonably sure that overlapping multiple DOT clouds from Beacon of Corruption all do their damage to any targets inside them. :iia:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ada posted:

Vaal poo poo was banned in the Empire for thirteen hundred years, the old Vaal sites were built over and their places of learning sealed and declared taboo until Chitus took the throne. Malachai and the other thaumaturges probably would've found a way to open it eventually, but they were only active for fourteen years before the Purity Rebellion started.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

Tabletops posted:

could I get some seasoned eyes on SparkleFart's tree (and items, I guess)? I feel like some of the choices I was following ( https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1603006/page/1 ) are pretty inefficient.

I'd love to get some input on where to take it defensively. I only have ~4k EHP though that is with a tabula. I die really fast, so I think I need some defensive nodes. The only thing I was planning to do from where I am on the tree is to get the throat seeker node in the top right.

Yikes. as a mostly HC player, that build scares the crap out of me... talk about glass cannon. I guess the best way to play that is to pre-spam spark and you basically rely on spark proj speed and pierce to off screen nearly everything.

E: the only defense to speak of in this build is GR/VP and the 1.5% life leech on scion berzerker ascendancy tree and a theoretical high EHP but I don't see how that is "easy to gear"

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Awesome! posted:

pull a destiny. we killed malachai. now malachais daddy is mad at us :v:

Cadiro described Prospero as the god of lost souls and treasures buried beneath the earth, the beast and all the undead weirdness Malachai caused post-cataclysm sound like parts of his domain. If anyone would be mad about the damage inflicted on the beast during the fight, it'd be him.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
boss fight with cadiro: every time he hits you, you lose an exalt

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

nightwisher posted:

Maybe it'll be like SOTN and we get an upside down wraeclast to fight through
Actual final boss fight of PoE takes place in the Twilight Strand :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I am enjoying this game a lot more than a year ago

• Locked thread