Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Apparently there's a shot in the trailer where you can see the Winter Soldier has had his frickin arm ripped off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Guy A. Person posted:

It seems like you're moving the goal posts from "overwrought and poorly-substantiated fan-theories and headcanons about secret depth and moral complexity" alllllll the way to "people defending MoS/BvS when (I think) it is bad".

It's not even moving the goalposts, he straight up said that he considers some movies indefensible, and any defense of them is therefore disingenuous because the quality of the films is objective. Stop responding to Tezzor, dang

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

btw i wholeheartedly recommend checking out tezzor's recent rap sheet, he is a man dedicated to his rage that some people like movies he doesn't and by christ is he going to tell you all about it.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

computer parts posted:

The birthing matrix Clark destroyed was empty, and even it wasn't that's "killing children" in the same way Planned Parenthood does.

I was thinking of the bus scene wheree his dad is like kill 'em all

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Ramadu posted:

What. :psyduck:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ramadu posted:

That's the worst reading of a scene I've ever read.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I have difficulty discussing Man of Steel because it's actually pretty common for comic nerds to have somehow taken away from that scene that Clark's dad literally approaches the shoreline and pushes a child's head under the water after informing Clark that defective creations should be put down.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

TetsuoTW posted:

btw i wholeheartedly recommend checking out tezzor's recent rap sheet, he is a man dedicated to his rage that some people like movies he doesn't and by christ is he going to tell you all about it.

Behind every clown who posts about those accursed goony CineD goons and their objectively bad movies is a rap sheet crammed full of extremely boring meltdowns

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Skwirl posted:

That's the worst reading of a scene I've ever read.

Ok

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TetsuoTW posted:

Holy poo poo.

And I thought I was a bad poster.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Can someone make a chart of frequent CineD posters ranking them by their ratio of probations/bans to posts? Then we can finally find out who is right about movies.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

When Superman fights doomsday I hope he yells 'THIS ENDS NOW' before punching him.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Unless I missed it, I seem to be clean. So that makes me the rightest about movies.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I only have a couple for not capitialising, but I rarely post.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

No, I meant the person with the most probations is the best poster. Because the mods are obviously playing along with all the trolls pretending to like movies in the movie forum.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
A completely clean rap sheet is in fact, an indicator of posting cowardice.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Two out of my four are things I didn't even do. The third was for posting what a mod saw as an objectively incorrect opinion about pizza. The fourth was me being a dummy.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Mar 15, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Probated for an opinion about pizza is pretty excellent.

I wonder if Tony Stark prefers Chicago or NYC style.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Martman posted:

Can someone make a chart of frequent CineD posters ranking them by their ratio of probations/bans to posts? Then we can finally find out who is right about movies.
I prefer to judge posters not by the length of their rap sheets, but by the content of their probation/banning shitposts.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hat Thoughts posted:

A completely clean rap sheet is in fact, an indicator of posting cowardice.

Teach me your ways. I want to grow posting balls.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit

Martman posted:

Too bad Baron Bifford is gone...

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Kurzon posted:

Did his probation end the cycle of bad posts?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Kurzon posted:

Wow you're not kidding, his very first post on SA 9 years ago got him banned. Most posters have to train for years to reach that level.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Teach me your ways. I want to grow posting balls.

Honestly glancing at my rap sheet they're pretty much all really bad posts, but I figure, post often and truthfully and eventually you'll get there!!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Martman posted:

I can't even see what my one probation was about, but since I was mad about something I'm going to assume it's from a Star Wars thread.

Man of Steel is one of those movies that get better the more CineD discussion I read about it, both the good interesting kind and the hilariously goony kind. And I liked the movie a lot to begin with, so it's basically my favorite movie now.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Rhyno posted:

Probated for an opinion about pizza is pretty excellent.

Well, Stane brought real New York pizza back to LA with him in Iron Man 1 so apparently Tony will eat it, but perhaps it was just the novelty he enjoyed rather than a preference.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Vicissitude posted:

Well, Stane brought real New York pizza back to LA with him in Iron Man 1 so apparently Tony will eat it, but perhaps it was just the novelty he enjoyed rather than a preference.

That'd be an incredibly Stark thing to do. And he didn't even let Stane have any, the dickhead.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Rhyno posted:

This is what actually sets off the Civil War

Electromax
May 6, 2007
A whole page of talking about the dude after he was probated. Tezzor won apparently, jeez.

iSheep posted:

Nothing about this video convinces me that there was intentional buildup to Civil War other than We Need To Make Civil War Now.

I think they've admitted they had two scripts, one if RDJ didn't sign on to the movie and one for Civil War if he did. Don't know if they ever announced the alternate, Serpent Society joke notwithstanding.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

This is what actually sets off the Civil War

Nah, Civil War is just a love triangle between a cute but naive guy who just wants to do well, his childhood best friend who fell into bad habits but is trying to be better, and a charming but flighty New York socialite.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Away all Goats posted:

When Superman fights doomsday I hope he yells 'THIS ENDS NOW' before punching him.

I hope the song Doomsday plays and he punches him right at the drop.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit

Martman posted:

Wow you're not kidding, his very first post on SA 9 years ago got him banned. Most posters have to train for years to reach that level.
He must have been either a troll, a retard, or an enlightened genius decades ahead of his time.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Bans and probations aren't about who is right when they argue about movies, but who is left. :sun:

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Kurzon posted:

He must have been either a troll, a retard, or an enlightened genius decades ahead of his time.

All three are really one when you think about it.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Kurzon posted:

Please don't insult the developmentally disabled by comparing them to Baron Bifford.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit

Vicissitude posted:

How do you keep a pizza fresh and tasty over 10 hours?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

feedmyleg posted:

Two out of my four are things I didn't even do. The third was for posting what a mod saw as an objectively incorrect opinion about pizza. The fourth was me being a dummy.

Of loving course ProfessorClumsy was the kind of dude to dish out a full-on ban for an accidental phonepost rofl

Grendels Dad posted:

Man of Steel is one of those movies that get better the more CineD discussion I read about it, both the good interesting kind and the hilariously goony kind. And I liked the movie a lot to begin with, so it's basically my favorite movie now.

My first and lasting impressions of Man of Steel are that they took the Superman origin story and turned it into a hard sci-fi story, and that scene where Zod messages Earth for the first time sealed it for me. I have no idea how anyone can walk away from that movie hating it.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
My big complaint with the movie is that Superman always has this glum expression.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I just found Clark's/Kal's character to be inconsistent which made me feel real uncomfortable.

He never has that "HERO!" moment. He saves people in the first half, but that's shoved between him spitefully destroying people's property and just kind of being cold and alien. (Oh I get that's probably the point but i fuckin don't like it one bit)

I just don't like him as a character. I realized this the moment he got his suit and started flying. None of that landed for me. I've watched the drat thing like 5 times. I just really kind of hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Kurzon posted:

My big complaint with the movie is that Superman always has this glum expression.

I never read it as glum so much as mildly concerned that he had to poo.

• Locked thread