Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Jenny Angel posted:

There are four! IG-86, IG-88, IG-100, and HK-47. There's also Grievous, but let's be serious.
Grievous isn't a droid though... why is he classified as a droid?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MarcusSA posted:

Who should I get from the Arena if I already have a max Sid and Eath dude.

Stormtrooper Han is a very good tank. Akbar lead rebel teams can be effective in the speed meta.

Greedo/Nute are scoundrels if you wanna do the Scoundrel event that'll come eventually.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

cowofwar posted:

Well running a meat bag squad whenever poggle or phasma comes up helps to drain off the cheese attacks and debuffs out of the gate.

Also anyone run phasma, dooku, kylo, qui-jon, lum for counterattack and multiattack? Should be effective vs sid/kylo and aoe squads

That's a team I fight and defeat a lot with my lovely out-dated Poe squad.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

kaschei posted:

Grievous isn't a droid though... why is he classified as a droid?!

He's cyborg as gently caress, and he's the military leader of the Trade Federation / Separatists, so they wanted to make sure he had synergies with his IG-series buddies, I'm guessing

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

HK-47 just shouldn't be providing a leadership bonus to a meatbag, even if that bag of meats has a metal sausage casing.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
So lum and phasma are 7* while ig86 and poggle are 6*. Who should I dump GW shards in to?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

cowofwar posted:

So lum and phasma are 7* while ig86 and poggle are 6*. Who should I dump GW shards in to?

Poggle and IG-86.

If you're asking for future reference, resistance pilot or Biggs, if you like rebel teams.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

"Man that guy looks cool it sure would be fun to try him out in a team"

~spends 2 months farming shards, millions of credits, ability rank up things, purple laptops~

Oh turns out he's not really that great I guess I'll try another guy this game sure is fun

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Syrinxx posted:

~spends 2 months farming shards, millions of credits, ability rank up things, purple laptops~

Oh turns out he's not really that great I guess I'll try another guy this game sure is fun

Nah, it only takes like a month to max a toon unless it requires Cantina McGuffins.

:suicide:

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Seems like my Yoda farming of Ahsoka might pay off, that's a nice speed buff and other poo poo to her. Seeing as I got QGJ to 7* today (and Phasma), maybe I'll pour some energy over on Ahsoka (With Ben on the battle side).

Too bad I only got Iggy86 at a decent level, with HK coming up. No third droid so far, probably won't be able to get Iggy88 in time even if I tried.

quote:

HK-47 no longer gains Offense Up from Superior Firepower before the damage is calculated.
Geonosian Soldier no longer gains Offense Up from Aggressive Advance before the damage is calculated.
Are these semi-serious nerfs or...?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Nah, it only takes like a month to max a toon unless it requires Cantina McGuffins.

:suicide:

I do 6 FOTP a day for 100!crystals and it's closer to 90.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Syrinxx posted:

Well, yeah, but honestly unless the character is Jedi Knight Guardian level of bad, they might still be good for GW and even arena if you don't aim for top ranks (if you do you are either competing with whales and might as well give up, or a whale yourself).

Still, that's definitely one of my top issues with this game.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hughlander posted:

I do 6 FOTP a day for 100!crystals and it's closer to 90.

Hard mode only toons might as well be chromium exclusives to me

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
loving LOL

"Ya'll don't give us enough training droids in this poo poo game" - The players

"Okay, here's a way to PAY US MONEY FOR TRAINING DROIDS" - These loving devs.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Chilichimp posted:

loving LOL

"Ya'll don't give us enough training droids in this poo poo game" - The players

"Okay, here's a way to PAY US MONEY FOR TRAINING DROIDS" - These loving devs.

The best part is that even if you shell out for them, you're still going to be gated by the actual credit cost of leveling people. I've got 5400 rank one droids and 6100 rank two droids so I don't really need more droids, but I sure as hell could use some credits so I could actually level my people.

I realize that you can buy credits but the payout on that doesn't seem worth the cost, and this is coming from someone who is more than happy to spend money on lovely toilet games.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There is actually a cool game underneath the freemium garbage. It's sad.

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
I'm still playing because it's an ok time sink while I'm at work, but yea after they changed the credits challenege to have dick all for payout, it's really killed my progress for leveling up characters.

I guess that was their point to drive more sales but it just makes this a lot less appealing.

On another note I ended up getting Barista Coffee, Biggs and Urugurugurugj'k through bronzium packs in the same day so that was pretty cool.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

CaptainAssholay posted:

I'm still playing because it's an ok time sink while I'm at work, but yea after they changed the credits challenege to have dick all for payout, it's really killed my progress for leveling up characters.

I guess that was their point to drive more sales but it just makes this a lot less appealing.

On another note I ended up getting Barista Coffee, Biggs and Urugurugurugj'k through bronzium packs in the same day so that was pretty cool.

It looks like they also removed one of the characters you could buy through the shipments store which is weird.

EDIT: LOL this loving RNG. I just went 3/25 farming Mace shards. I don't know why I'm bothering trying to get him to 7* but I am.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Mar 16, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Because it was a cool character. At least thatīs all the reason I need.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mr. Neutron posted:

Because it was a cool character. At least thatīs all the reason I need.

Yeah that seems to work. He is pretty cool but gently caress farming his shards. I should be trying to get Coffee to help with my GW farming.

Grillburg
Oct 9, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

It looks like they also removed one of the characters you could buy through the shipments store which is weird.

EDIT: LOL this loving RNG. I just went 3/25 farming Mace shards. I don't know why I'm bothering trying to get him to 7* but I am.

They also removed the Training Droids purchase from Shipments...obviously to force you to buy the big packs instead.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I just got a Biggs Darklighter from a bronze pack but lol if I have the loving droids or money to do anything with him because this game is rotten poo poo

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
The most exotic bronzium character I've ever received is probably Teebow, who is objectively useless.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

The most exotic bronzium character I've ever received is probably Teebow, who is objectively useless.

Not true. I got him fairly early, and he made the tank challenge bearable. That said, I haven't leveled him past 2* level 42ish.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Not true. I got him fairly early, and he made the tank challenge bearable. That said, I haven't leveled him past 2* level 42ish.

I have Chewie, Han, and RG on my Gplay account and the tank challenge is doabler than poo poo.

Yeah, RG didn't used to stun on every basic attack, why do you ask?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Android phones can get their lovely reward of 2 droid shards and 10k now, check the data card shop.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I have Chewie, Han, and RG on my Gplay account and the tank challenge is doabler than poo poo.

Yeah, RG didn't used to stun on every basic attack, why do you ask?

haha, yeah, on my new account, tank challenge is doable with Chewie + RG.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Syrinxx posted:

Android phones can get their lovely reward of 2 droid shards and 10k now, check the data card shop.

Or just use bluestacks with you gplay account.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Or just use bluestacks with you gplay account.

This event isn't specific to Samsung (unlike the droid data pack you get with bluestacks/samsung). However, this event IS specific to google play, which means that if you are running this off an iPhone, you are out of luck. You can't connect an iPhone account with a google play account.

e: I should add though, unless you have put a bunch of time into droids, the event is pretty lovely. I happen to have 3 2* plus droids (4* 86, 3* 88, and 2* 100 -- Bronzium pull). It would take me over a week to get 4* HK and 4* 88, and 100 only has one hard mode (and he sucks), so I decided not to bother trying to get better rewards.

Here's what I've gotten from the event so far:
free data card: 10k credits, 2 shards for 100
2* mission: I think 1 88 shard, 1 ability mat (don't remember which tier), and 1 7* training droid. 4* event gives you up to 3 training droids, 2 character shards, and 1-2 ability mats. 6* gives you up to 5 training droids, 3 droid shards, 3 ability mats.
I think you can do the event 2x per day, so, I guess if you can do the 6* event you can rack up some rewards, but overall it's really not doing much for you unless you're into droids.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Mar 17, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Was at 64/65 shards for Barris so I thought I'd grab the last one doing the hard mode battles. 0/6, nope.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

This event isn't specific to Samsung (unlike the droid data pack you get with bluestacks/samsung). However, this event IS specific to google play, which means that if you are running this off an iPhone, you are out of luck. You can't connect an iPhone account with a google play account.

Yeah, I don't know what constitutes a "droid" phone, is it just any phone that isn't an iphone? I know there are windows phones out there (lol) they can't be droids, right?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, I don't know what constitutes a "droid" phone, is it just any phone that isn't an iphone? I know there are windows phones out there (lol) they can't be droids, right?

I don' think this game is out for Windows phones (please correct me if I'm wrong - not going to bother googling). So, you can either have a google play account (android based phone - nearly any touch device that's not windows or iphone), or you can have an iphone account. You can't do this with an iPhone, is basically what I'm saying.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, I don't know what constitutes a "droid" phone

Lol

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Malgrin posted:

e: I should add though, unless you have put a bunch of time into droids, the event is pretty lovely. I happen to have 3 2* plus droids (4* 86, 3* 88, and 2* 100 -- Bronzium pull). It would take me over a week to get 4* HK and 4* 88, and 100 only has one hard mode (and he sucks), so I decided not to bother trying to get better rewards.

Here's what I've gotten from the event so far:
free data card: 10k credits, 2 shards for 100
2* mission: I think 1 88 shard, 1 ability mat (don't remember which tier), and 1 7* training droid. 4* event gives you up to 3 training droids, 2 character shards, and 1-2 ability mats. 6* gives you up to 5 training droids, 3 droid shards, 3 ability mats.
I think you can do the event 2x per day, so, I guess if you can do the 6* event you can rack up some rewards, but overall it's really not doing much for you unless you're into droids.

It's pretty lame for those of us who ARE into Droids as well, since my primary 3 are already maxed. I guess it's fine for Shard Shop fodder, or maybe I'll get some IG-100 shards, but overall it's underwhelming. And I'm pretty sure I only got 1 mk II ability mat when I did it each time, but I could be wrong. Oh well, it's an extra 5 mins of content a day for the next couple weeks I guess

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Is it the google OS? Is it safe to posit that anyone using googleplay has a "droid" phone?

Look, son, I can name every loving character in the cantina scene of Star Wars Ep IV, I don't have brain-space left to keep track of what phone OS the kids use these days. :corsair:

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Mar 17, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The kids are using iOS.

Android is the nerd one.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

The kids are using iOS.

Android is the nerd one.

My kid still uses an amazon fire: kids edition, so that's bullshit.

Yeah, she's four, why do you ask?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Somehow I ended up with some extra Arena store tokens. If I have already spent the day's PvP reward on Sid, who would be the next target if I want to get a good GW character? I have a 3 star Han, so he seems like the obvious choice but I just wondered if there's somebody who's better for GW?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

tadashi posted:

Somehow I ended up with some extra Arena store tokens. If I have already spent the day's PvP reward on Sid, who would be the next target if I want to get a good GW character? I have a 3 star Han, so he seems like the obvious choice but I just wondered if there's somebody who's better for GW?
Han is a respectable tank but after I maxed Sid I went straight to spending Arena Tokens on Eeth and IG88. If you have Barriss there's no real need to use a tank in GW anyway.

You could also start on Greedo if you want to do the scoundrel event.

e: as stated, you can just wait a few hours and buy 5 more Sid shards if you're not maxed yet.

Syrinxx fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Mar 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Savage Opress is a powerhouse in GW.

• Locked thread