Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Inspector_666 posted:

This is why you gotta live in the DZ and mask up, bro.

(Actually that's probably why it's not an option, since you put on your mask in the DZ/contaminated areas.)

Do enemies in the DZ wear masks? I just realized I've never noticed. Apart from the Cleaners, that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

alphabettitouretti posted:

Why?

I've never played it. What's wrong with Destiny and how does it compare to The Division?

No new content coming despite what they promised because they're dropping it to work on Destiny 2, and a vast majority of the content released before the current expansion is pointless to play because they didn't bother to update it to current levels - including 2 of the 3 available raids. And you NEED a regular group because most of the primary endgame content does not have matchmaking.

The Division has the potential to have either the exact same problems or avoid all of them, depending on how well they've planned things out.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

ninjahedgehog posted:

Do enemies in the DZ wear masks? I just realized I've never noticed. Apart from the Cleaners, that is.

I'm pretty sure literally every enemy has something covering their face.

Snostorm
Sep 9, 2013
Anyone know at what level armor mods start appearing for sale at the base vendor? Trying to have my low level alt buy a bunch for me to deconstruct, and at level 4 all I see are weapon mods.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Lvl 6 seemed to be when blues started appearing.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Ularg posted:

Because this future is trumps america.

I love seeing non-americans/english speakers playing the division. It gives a bit of a break from all of the 20-something white men that all sound the same as they try their best to poo poo talk you. Me and another guy manage to only communicate through gestures when he couldn't speak english. We cleared out and defended an extraction point by ourselves, it was a lot of fun. Salute and off our separate ways. DZ Solo has been getting a lot more fun, especially since I can speed around the different locations faster than a group can.

I agree, last night was amazing at the main base. So many children crying over Bernie Sanders in the public chat, it was heaven. :godwin:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

I really should have named my Division account Trump_Tower_Security.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
If anyone is playing in Xbox One right now I'm thinking of going into the Dark Zone in a few minutes with my newly minted Level 30, XBL: Wraith 108

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

http://steamcommunity.com/app/365590/discussions/0/385428458162214947/

:bahgawd: "Why are there gay people in my game?"

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Cyrano4747 posted:

I really should have named my Division account Trump_Tower_Security.

Trump_Did_Christmas_Flu or whatever the virus is called.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

I found your problem: you read a steam thread.

Also laughing because I think I've seen 3 gay people in the game and it was mentioned completely in passing. Example: the one doctor who says her ex-wife used to yell at her for something and then it's never touched again.

edit: and you know half the people whining about Ubi Soft's gay agenda played Fem Shep and bounced back and forth between blue alien, space racist, and germophobe alien lesbian relationships.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Cyrano4747 posted:

I found your problem: you read a steam thread.

Also laughing because I think I've seen 3 gay people in the game and it was mentioned completely in passing. Example: the one doctor who says her ex-wife used to yell at her for something and then it's never touched again.

The doctor, the doctor's ex-wife/ex-girlfriend (not sure if she's explicitly her ex-wife), one phone recording about a woman coming out to her parents.

But yeah, hating on The Division draws out and joins up a weird alliance of the worst gaming has to offer. Though from my understanding the Steam reviews have climbed out of the valley of Mixed reception by now.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Saw my first legit cheater/hacker in game in the dark zone. Teleporting around, instant killing even through shields in one shot, rogue all the time. Pretty annoying that there's no recourse.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Randler posted:

The doctor, the doctor's ex-wife/ex-girlfriend (not sure if she's explicitly her ex-wife), one phone recording about a woman coming out to her parents.

But yeah, hating on The Division draws out and joins up a weird alliance of the worst gaming has to offer. Though from my understanding the Steam reviews have climbed out of the valley of Mixed reception by now.

I'm pretty sure the majority of those were day 1 reviews whining about server wait times or something.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

lmao

IT'S OKAY TO POINT OUT MY BAD OPINION BECAUSE I HAVE GAY FRIENDS

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Elendil004 posted:

Saw my first legit cheater/hacker in game in the dark zone. Teleporting around, instant killing even through shields in one shot, rogue all the time. Pretty annoying that there's no recourse.

Don't worry fail fight will totally fix that for you in a few weeks.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Ubisoft is clearly trying to start a sexuality war with pushing this on us. Sexuality riots will be widespread in a couple weeks anyway.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
The Division is a hate crime against straight white males because it acknowledges that gay people exist.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

On the other hand my wife overheard me say "hold on, I need to walk outside to try on this jacket because the light in here sucks" and asked me if there was anything she needed to know, so they might have a point.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Cyrano4747 posted:

On the other hand my wife overheard me say "hold on, I need to walk outside to try on this jacket because the light in here sucks" and asked me if there was anything she needed to know, so they might have a point.

The division agents really do pick up alot of clothing. Very odd.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Tenzarin posted:

The division agents really do pick up alot of clothing. Very odd.

My dude's wardrobe is at least 5 times bigger than my own.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Ice Fist posted:

Ubisoft is clearly trying to start a sexuality war with pushing this on us. Sexuality riots will be widespread in a couple weeks anyway.

Sounds like a fun time.

I really should have poopsocked while I had some free time off classes for spring break. Now all of the people I play with have passed me up and I'm stuck playing with PUG's until I can get to 30.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Doc Friday posted:

My dude's wardrobe is at least 5 times bigger than my own.

I also spend about ten times more time considering whether my jacket and pants match when I'm going to shoot dudes in the DZ than when I go out for dinner.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Division agents get activated and they have to use On Site Procurement for clothing. Its like Metal Gear Solid.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

gibbed posted:

8-? has Chocolate Chip - Loot Crate (seen on as high as level 19 from this thread)

20-21 at least. I bought it while I was one of those 2.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Elendil004 posted:

On the maintenance time twitch show they said to contact support and give the name and time and they'll be able to isolate the incident and ban them.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Man the DZ can be tricky.

I had an almost full stash so I had to choose my items wisely when my first purple dropped. Low on ammo, in combat and after finally making a successful extraction I wound up with single digits in ammo on both primary weapons and jump rolling through the door out that said I was in combat with mobs a few hundred meters away.

Purple Burst-Fire MP5 though.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Man the DZ can be tricky.

I had an almost full stash so I had to choose my items wisely when my first purple dropped. Low on ammo, in combat and after finally making a successful extraction I wound up with single digits in ammo on both primary weapons and jump rolling through the door out that said I was in combat with mobs a few hundred meters away.

Purple Burst-Fire MP5 though.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I just had a weird experience doing the Lincoln Tunnel challenging mission. I kept lagging and getting the delta error but at the end of the mission, there was another group of 4 players in our instance. They didn't show as being in our group but we could pick them up and otherwise interact, it was really weird. Also there were twice as many enemies but only one boss.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Tenzarin posted:

Don't worry fail fight will totally fix that for you in a few weeks.

Cant tell if actually a thing, sarcasm, or both.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
DZ6 is creepy as hell. Looks and feels like a complete ghost town.

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

Tagichatn posted:

I just had a weird experience doing the Lincoln Tunnel challenging mission. I kept lagging and getting the delta error but at the end of the mission, there was another group of 4 players in our instance. They didn't show as being in our group but we could pick them up and otherwise interact, it was really weird. Also there were twice as many enemies but only one boss.

That sounds more fun than the bug my group had last night, which was "No, you cannot revive or resuscitate anyone by pressing F." Holding F would just infinitely loop the progress indicator. If someone went down, the only thing we could get them back up with was the medical signature heal. If nobody had a signature heal up, or if they were killed outright, that was it for that person. Not fun. Still managed to pull it out, but wiped 5 times in the boss phase. Didn't help that we had two guys that had just hit 30 an hour or two before the run.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

No new content coming despite what they promised because they're dropping it to work on Destiny 2, and a vast majority of the content released before the current expansion is pointless to play because they didn't bother to update it to current levels - including 2 of the 3 available raids. And you NEED a regular group because most of the primary endgame content does not have matchmaking.

The Division has the potential to have either the exact same problems or avoid all of them, depending on how well they've planned things out.

Seen a bunch of stuff besides the DZ exp risk/reward about what the game needs/should have in the last 10 pages, so since probably a bunch of people haven't seen it this is a good time to point out that they've at least loosely laid out their plans for both free and paid content for the rest of the year.

The Division Year One

In like three weeks (be patient for THREE WEEKS) there's the first raid and loot trading. In May there's another raid and DZ events (they explicitly said something akin to supply drop hot spots).

The paid dlc is subways/NYC underground, and specifically says "endless" in there. There's (hopefully) your Rift-like content.

Then DLC 2 they hinted they'll make the whole playable map open contested content like the Dark Zone currently is.

I think DLC 3 is Horde Mode, which I think is awesome because I put over 100 hours into ME3 Multiplayer and I like the feedback loop here at least as much or more. I can see less people being jazzed about that than the first two, but I'm excited. I just hope to god it's not loving zombies.

Besides Tenzarin whining that no deathmatch will kill the game (a bad whine, holy gently caress Destiny deathmatch is boring as sin), is there anything else people said they wanted? I feel like it's pretty broadly covered, everyone just needs to let the game breathe for more than a literal week. There's also a game update coming next week. Hopefully some balance pass things, but it'd be cool if something else turned on like the roving packs of enemies did. That added a lot of life to the game.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cyrano4747 posted:

There's a side mission to find the ex-wife and she leaves the doctor a voicemail in an ECHO

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Did all the missions, encounters and side missions. Now to get all the collectible. Kill me now.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Badfinger posted:

Seen a bunch of stuff besides the DZ exp risk/reward about what the game needs/should have in the last 10 pages, so since probably a bunch of people haven't seen it this is a good time to point out that they've at least loosely laid out their plans for both free and paid content for the rest of the year.

The Division Year One

In like three weeks (be patient for THREE WEEKS) there's the first raid and loot trading. In May there's another raid and DZ events (they explicitly said something akin to supply drop hot spots).

The paid dlc is subways/NYC underground, and specifically says "endless" in there. There's (hopefully) your Rift-like content.

Then DLC 2 they hinted they'll make the whole playable map open contested content like the Dark Zone currently is.

I think DLC 3 is Horde Mode, which I think is awesome because I put over 100 hours into ME3 Multiplayer and I like the feedback loop here at least as much or more. I can see less people being jazzed about that than the first two, but I'm excited. I just hope to god it's not loving zombies.

Besides Tenzarin whining that no deathmatch will kill the game (a bad whine, holy gently caress Destiny deathmatch is boring as sin), is there anything else people said they wanted? I feel like it's pretty broadly covered, everyone just needs to let the game breathe for more than a literal week. There's also a game update coming next week. Hopefully some balance pass things, but it'd be cool if something else turned on like the roving packs of enemies did. That added a lot of life to the game.

I want Central Park and the UES :shrug:

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Ha ha, so they're complaining about "personal things" being mentioned in PRIVATE phone recordings you're recovering? That's hilarious.

Also, I'm level 17 and I can count...3 conversations relating to a person's sexuality in-game, and two were private phone calls. Kandles was just offhand, if she said "significant other" it would have been bizarre phrasing given the situation . Its nowhere near "Janey Springs" level of IN YOUR FACE. This game just makes it another part of the slice-of-life, and I really like that. :)

Actually, I really like the collectables in general. The Survival Guide is dumb (its more unreadable in game than it is in real life!) but the phone calls, drone shots, intel reports and echoes are great.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I liked the reply of "Well it is New York"

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

There's a side mission to find the ex-wife and she leaves the doctor a voicemail in an ECHO

Spoiler for a side mission in the Eastern half:

Does it actually say that she's her ex-wife instead of another significant other? Also, that quest doesn't really resolve all that well with her just sitting there playing the piano. She's not even coughing anymore. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I think it's time to take a break until the content in a month. There's no reason to endlessly grind now when it'll all be obsolete in 3 weeks.

• Locked thread