Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The only way the Raiders aren't winning the AFC West is through some horrifically unlucky injuries.

The Colts will have Luck back, which is a big speedbump for the Jags, but the AFC South is gonna be a close race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

The only way the Raiders aren't winning the AFC West is through some horrifically unlucky injuries.

The Colts will have Luck back, which is a big speedbump for the Jags, but the AFC South is gonna be a close race.

Or you know the Chiefs continue to be really good

Titans winning the south

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Jags have one of the best wide receiver duos in the NFL, Ivory is a great pickup, they play in a pretty mediocre division. If they can make modest improvements on defense I feel like they should be competing for a playoff spot.

The Titans are the team that I think is still a year or two away from being competitive again.

Nov 6, 2002

Fox is getting rid of Siragusa.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
This could be the first season in decades where the Raiders and Chhiefs are both good at the same time

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

NC-17 posted:

Did he really do anything? I just remember them cutting to him on the sidelines of games and him trying to analyze the game while being extremely winded.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MacheteZombie posted:

Did he really do anything? I just remember them cutting to him on the sidelines of games and him trying to analyze the game while being extremely winded.

I think enough time has passed where he's gone from "that fat guy who everyone remembers was good at football" to "that fat annoying guy who nobody knows why is on the sidelines"

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

What I'm saying is Vince Wilfork should take his job like today.

Nov 6, 2002

I wish Simms was next.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Yes yes keep overlooking the Texans

(it's probably the right call)

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Pron on VHS posted:

This could be the first season in decades where the Raiders and Chhiefs are both good at the same time

Gross

Nov 6, 2002

Imagine a world where the Raiders, Chiefs and Broncos all go to the playoffs.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

NC-17 posted:

they just couldn't depend on him anymore

MacheteZombie posted:

He was just taking up space. Lots of space.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Pron on VHS posted:

Gonna make for some stressful games!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

NC-17 posted:

I wish Simms was next.

Put a bullet in me the day I stop laughing at that gif.

Intruder posted:

Yes yes keep overlooking the Texans

(it's probably the right call)

Hey, they DID win the division last year! In so far as "the playoffs don't work unless the AFC South send someone" is winning.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

NC-17 posted:

i would like that a whole lot more than the world where the chiefs, chargers, and broncos all went to the playoffs. that was the worst.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

These summer children don't even know what hatred is. They've never seen a chiefs and raiders game matter.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

NC-17 posted:

It's probably happened before.

I'd rather see a world where the Chargers, Chiefs, and Raiders all went to the playoffs

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NC-17 posted:

The Titans are the team that I think is still a year or two away from being competitive again.

Honestly depends on DGB development and whether jmac Morgan and mariota stay healthy

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Ross Angeles posted:

I'd rather see a world where the Chargers, Chiefs, and Raiders all went to the playoffs

Or just the Chiefs and Chargers

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

NC-17 posted:

Translation: "Mike Munchak is getting fired in 1 to 2 years"

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

FizFashizzle posted:

These summer children don't even know what hatred is. They've never seen a chiefs and raiders game matter.

2016 is the year of both romantic and self love for me, that was my resolution

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ross Angeles posted:

same

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Like imagine a week 17 raiders home game to decide the afc west against the Chiefs.

Numerous people would die.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ross Angeles posted:

This is happening next season.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

Volkerball posted:

I think the Jags are another year or two out, although it's almost a sure thing that they'll be a playoff contender around then. Bortles needs to have a good year, and they need a good draft, but after that, they'll get some free agents calling them up for once. Then they'll have a good young team with a lot of years in the tank. The Raiders are basically there already. They have a real shot at winning the division, and I'd expect them to float around the playoff conversation all next season if the core can stay healthy.

Yeah it's kinda hard to say either way. On the one hand, having upgraded the running game and OL should give Bort some room to breathe and not try to save the world every play. Hopefully that will correlate into better decisions and less INTs offensively. On the other hand, Bort could continue to Bort a few times a game and put the defense out on a limb.

Speaking of the defense, we've basically got an extra top 5 pick with Fowler coming back from injury, and I'm very excited to see what type of impact Jackson is going to have. We might just be able to occasionally get to the QB this year! That will improve the secondary in and of itself, and with our 1st pick this year almost certainly on defense, it might even be a complete 180 turnaround.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

whypick1 posted:

Munchak was fired like two years ago

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Remember when Norv coached the chargers with LdT and they went to the AFC Championship game every year? Good times.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

whypick1 posted:

I unironically wish he was still the coach

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Should have kept Jeff Fisher

Nov 6, 2002

I really want the Raiders to be good so as to give NFL owners another example of the value of being patient with a GM and giving him time to actually build something.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Intruder posted:

Munchak was fired like two years ago

Metapod posted:

I unironically wish he was still the coach

poo poo, "Mularkey", not "Munchak".

SEE HOW FORGETTABLE YOU ARE TITANS?!?!?!?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

FizFashizzle posted:

Like imagine a week 17 raiders home game to decide the afc west against the Chiefs.

Numerous people would die.

i remember the week 17 game a few years back at arrowhead when the raiders were 5-0 in the division going for the clean sweep, and the chiefs were going to the playoffs. that poo poo was tense, and the raiders weren't even in contention. it was like a fake division title game. raiders loving smoked em and the chiefs got their asses handed to them by the ravens the next week. owned.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I guess beating the Cassel and Haley Chiefs is a source of pride for some lol

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

NC-17 posted:

I really want the Raiders to be good so as to give NFL owners another example of the value of being patient with a GM and giving him time to actually build something.

reggie was about as close to a sure thing as you could ever get at gm though. all the old raider alums got together with mark when they were hiring him. before al even died they were talking about reggie. ron wolf and john madden were both heavily involved. dude was a star with the packers front office for over a decade. if he was just a guy like most gm candidates, i'd have been a lot more hesitant about giving him the long leash he was given.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Pron on VHS posted:

I guess beating the Cassel and Haley Chiefs is a source of pride for some lol

who gives a poo poo about cassel. that was one of the best running offenses i've ever seen.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

I guess beating the Hoyer Texans is a source of pride for some lol

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

NC-17 posted:

agreed. It certainly feels like they are building a pretty strong team over there.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Intruder posted:

Should have kept Jeff Fisher

Nah it was time to part ways

whypick1 posted:

poo poo, "Mularkey", not "Munchak".

SEE HOW FORGETTABLE YOU ARE TITANS?!?!?!?

Not our fault :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Ain't no one bragging about that, I didn't even post an aftermath post

• Locked thread