Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midrena
May 2, 2009
I've always wanted the fish costume as I find it hilarious, but if it's character bound then I'm going to have to first figure out which class is going to be my main.

Midrena fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Mar 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Drythe posted:

What's our RP gimmick?

erp pirates get with it.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

uhhh, the channel was very big on splorching last night

oh wait if we are splorching erp pirates it makes sense why Red was excited last night

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Drythe posted:

What's our RP gimmick?
The late Republic of Yugoslavia.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

both of those are great ideas we can probably mix it all together, Yugoslavian dragon pirates.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Come up with sample lines to say in chat!

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

OH GOD the fish suit has googly eyes!

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Fat and Useless posted:

OH GOD the fish suit has googly eyes!

of course you'd get excited about googly eyes

(im buying it)

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Drythe posted:

oh wait if we are splorching erp pirates it makes sense why Red was excited last night

I have it on good authority that Goblin_Queen gives a great ERP experience provided you show up completely naked and have all your money on your person :wink:

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

a slime posted:

When did you all get started with production stuff? I'm level 20, with about 40 contribution points. Should I start mucking around with workers? Should I focus on quests that give contribution XP? Or should I just keep progressing a while?

Just whenever. If you are interested in it, check it out. I got started when I had about 30 CP and now I have 150 and still feel like I need more.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Interesting to see that they upped higher tier horse breeding since that did seem to be particularly low.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
Can no longer accidentally resurrect opponents.

hahah what the gently caress

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

a slime posted:

When did you all get started with production stuff? I'm level 20, with about 40 contribution points. Should I start mucking around with workers? Should I focus on quests that give contribution XP? Or should I just keep progressing a while?

I'm level 23 and with 51 contribution points. I have a setup building me a boat right now. Tomorrow when the boat is built I'm going to swap it out to make me a wagon.

EDIT: or probably a second boat to be honest.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Mar 16, 2016

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I like how people were complaining that breeding high tier horses was broken and somehow P2W and bullshit and then they just make it easier to breed them, because I guess they're reasonable or something.

Smart.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Hey Drythe have the forums exploded about them making the game too easy with that horse change yet?

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Drythe posted:

Nobody mentioned splorching pirates. That's an erp I can get behind.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

I like how people were complaining that breeding high tier horses was broken and somehow P2W and bullshit and then they just make it easier to breed them, because I guess they're reasonable or something.

Smart.

Well if the complaints were true, T4 was the literal max you could breed and the only way to get T5 was through the conq package token.

The patch notes have it worded like it's simply easier, but I think they actually unlocked more tiers.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Wilekat posted:

Hey Drythe have the forums exploded about them making the game too easy with that horse change yet?

Everyone actually seems happy with it. However there is this:

quote:

Lol, unlikely. I heard the Tamer represents a ~12 year old girl (in mythology, at least). Unless you wish to jerk it to a child who's wearing enticing undergarments, I wouldn't suggest this, lolz.

quote:

I guess that person never went to a pool...

Also, rules of the interwebs, every 12 year old looking person is actually 18+ ;)

quote:

we could just say that they're ageless. (aka 18+)

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

RedTonic posted:

Nobody mentioned splorching pirates. That's an erp I can get behind.

Not if they get behind you first

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Drythe posted:

Pretty sure I've seen this video.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

[                                 ]

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

So the quest in Velia to get the 2 extra inventory slots calls for fishing a starfish. In reality what it wants is a sandfish. I didn't even realize I completed it until i walked by the dude and seen the red check mark above his head. I had basically given up on that quest too. If I wasn't lazy I would contact who ever makes this game to tell them to fix it since this is one of the first quests you get in the game.

Rivv
Jul 13, 2005
Everything I do is motivated by stupidity

Felony posted:

So the quest in Velia to get the 2 extra inventory slots calls for fishing a starfish. In reality what it wants is a sandfish. I didn't even realize I completed it until i walked by the dude and seen the red check mark above his head. I had basically given up on that quest too. If I wasn't lazy I would contact who ever makes this game to tell them to fix it since this is one of the first quests you get in the game.

I afk fished for two days to finish that quest, and still didnt realize how I finished it because i never actually found a starfish, i just noticed the quest turned red.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Stars and sand are basically the same thing, as the amount of sand on the beach is equivalent to the amount of stars!

dunkan
Jul 10, 2006

rage is everywhere

Drythe posted:

[                                 ]

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fat and Useless posted:

erp pirates get with it.

Sexy PVC Bondage Pirates.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Drythe posted:

:vince:

Felony posted:

Many of the fishing quests in this game have glaring errors. I tried notifying Daum of specific instances of this through their ticket system. My tickets were closed and the comment given was that I should re-submit the ticket with the Game Bug option. Which wasn't an option when I submitted the ticket. :v: I guess CS can't re-classify tickets, or they just don't give a gently caress and this is a good way of boosting resolution numbers.

POOL IS CLOSED fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 16, 2016

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

RedTonic posted:

:vince:

Many of the fishing quests in this game have glaring errors. I tried notifying Daum of specific instances of this through their ticket system. My tickets were closed and the comment given was that I should re-submit the ticket with the Game Bug option. Which wasn't an option when I submitted the ticket. :v: I guess CS can't re-classify tickets, or they just don't give a gently caress and this is a good way of boosting resolution numbers.

I like the quests that arent knowledge quests, that I just get credit for and can immediately complete anyway.

I wish all quests were like that.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

kalstrams posted:

I have never worn a lantern in this game.

E:

GM for president 2016

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

So apparently the log files of this game grows really loving fast, like you should probably check the size of yours.

If they are doing like 2000 logs a second, I'm hoping it isn't writing to my SSD 2000 times a second, but then again, korea.

Kyuzo
Aug 14, 2002

RedTonic posted:

This list on the forums has been pretty handy for me. It seems to have the problem quests that most people run into, just not all of the messed up guild fishing quests we get (e.g. the Grunt/Maomao one we had the other day).

Conall
Oct 8, 2015
Should I make Epheria my home base if I want to mostly fish for money in this game? There's so much information and I didn't understand that city spreadsheet posted earlier because I am dumb.

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

Conall posted:

Should I make Epheria my home base if I want to mostly fish for money in this game? There's so much information and I didn't understand that city spreadsheet posted earlier because I am dumb.

Ilya Island seems to be a better fishing base for now. Connect it to Velia by island hopping and you have a large area to fish. The Trade guy and Storage guy are also right on the shore there.

Conall
Oct 8, 2015

crazystray posted:

Ilya Island seems to be a better fishing base for now. Connect it to Velia by island hopping and you have a large area to fish. The Trade guy and Storage guy are also right on the shore there.

Great, thanks!

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Guys, please support my cause on the official forums: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/46960-energy-to-attack-mobs/

quote:

Daum, each time you process materials through the 'L' menu it requires 1 energy. This system is actually fine and it makes this game a lot more hardcore and forces people to learn energy and time management.

However, there is a subset of carebears in our population that are allowed to do whatever they want for no energy cost. This group of course are grinders. These people, if you can call them that, can grind for hours and days with expending no energy. This is incredibly overpowered and brings this game to WoW like levels, something I know none of us want.

I propose that each mob you attack costs 1 energy, this is just for the first attack on a mob, so it's not super limiting. If a player wishes to grind more mobs they are of course free to have an alt made for such a thing as energy is shared. This will also incentivize players to get their knowledge, and thus energy up.

This feature is not in any other localization, and we could use it as an opportunity to show that NA/EU is better than the rest of the world and are more hardcore than they are. Please help me make this great again.

Thank you for your time,

xoxo

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

quote:

Changed the horse “Parking” notice to only appear above your horse.

:woop:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Except it's gonna make it harder for you to know what's a wild horse when you go to tame one

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I made my character and immediately hated the way it looked ingame. :suicide:

Someday I will play this game. Also the hud is really busy from what I saw.