Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Anonymously sourced story that the Queen has complained to IPSO over. Would be funny if reported the cartoons too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I'd love to see a rainbow flag editted into the the "Your Majesty said she was out" one.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on who told the Sun the Queen's view on Europe – The Sun editor, Tony Gallagher, is standing by the paper’s story that the Queen vented her anger about the EU during a lunch at Windsor Castle in 2011"

Independent:

Times:

Alf Garnett back as part of BBC sitcom revival

Mail:
Mac on... The Hatton Garden robbers' prison sentence

"Spot the difference between the bankers who dodged millions in tax and the elderly men who pulled off £14million Hatton Garden diamond heist - and were sentenced yesterday."

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Is this it? Is this the Good Mac?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

A good Indie as well. A good day for cartoons.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda
And just like that a thousand new shameful Gove-in-curlers fetishes are born.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Barack Obama's remarks about David Cameron and Libya – The US president has suggested that political chaos in Libya was partly owing to the British prime minister being ‘distracted’ – with the White House subsequently attempting to head off a rift"

Telegraph:

Michael Gove to face questions over 'Queen Brexit' row as minister is implicated in leak; Kim Kardashian nude selfies: Liberation or degradation?

Crufts dog show.

Independent:

After Barraud.

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"IDS, the Leave campaign's very own Nosferatu - Chris Riddell brings Iain Duncan Smith back from the dead"

Sunday Telegraph:

Six Nations: Scotland v France

Independent on Sunday:

Forgot it yesterday, The i paper:

Bonus from Twitter:
https://twitter.com/miamottelson/status/708999578671030272

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on George Osborne and disability benefits – Two hundred thousand disabled people will each lose almost £3,000 a year as a result of sweeping cuts to disability benefits, according to Labour analysis"

Telegraph:

Angela Merkel's CDU suffers German state election setbacks

Independent:

Times:

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

I was missing George's adorable financial menagerie.
(RIP triple diplodocus and danny alexanbeaker.)

amazing flexibility for a man of his age

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Mar 14, 2016

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Iain Duncan Smith's proposed cuts – Two hundred thousand disabled people will each lose almost £3,000 a year as a result of sweeping cuts to disability benefits, set to raise £1.2bn for the Treasury"

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson urges Obama not to intervene in EU debate; Top Gear stunt: Cenotaph will not be shown on programme, BBC says

Independent:

Times:

Google driverless car crash was 'not a surprise', US transport secretary Anthony Foxx says

Mail:
Mac on...Top Gear's Cenotaph controversy

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on George Osborne's transport budget plans – Chancellor expected to use speech to set in motion plans for high-speed railway line from Manchester to Leeds and 18-mile underground road tunnel beneath Peak District" After Digby.

Telegraph:

Times:

Syria conflict: First Russian planes leave after Putin surprise move

Mail:
Mac on... Recyclable coffee cups being dumped

Guardian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Only one story today.

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on George Osborne's budget – The various tax cuts are real. But funding them through a crackdown on avoidance is where it all starts to unravel"

"Ben Jennings on Osborne's plan to turn schools into academies – The downsides are that as it stands, the government simply doesn’t have enough money, people, power or rules to make it work"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Budget 2016: Chancellor gives Crossrail 2 green light

Mail:
Mac on... the Budget

Guardian Australian Sport:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
Mac on... the Budget

I'm sure Mac's friend Glyn will steal them a case of sodas after he's finished beating up cops and painting Buddhist symbols on walls.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

"Down With The Fuzz"

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
"Down the with fuzz"?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Chelsea Rools 💘 LV (卍) Glyn and Annette Down On The, With Fuzz. Go Home

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Surprisingly rough neighbourhood for Billy Bunter.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Paladinus posted:

Chelsea Rools 💘 LV (卍) Glyn and Annette Down On The, With Fuzz. Go Home

A James Joyce Cartoon

Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009

All others considered, this is easily the most adept summary (even if there was never any growth to reduce).

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

That's not sugar.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Seeing his attempts at graffiti I feel a bit better about his Gay Couple With A Swastika Tattoo cartoon from a while back. Clearly he has no idea what that shape is or what it means, otherwise he wouldn't keep drawing it everywhere. He's just seen it written on walls from time to time and has no idea why.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Are the children supposed to be caricatures of some notable people, or can Jennings not draw normal looking children?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The bleeding boy seems a little like Cameron, but frankly who knows with political cartoonists. The fact he's bleeding suggests some reference, though.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Tesseraction posted:

The bleeding boy seems a little like Cameron, but frankly who knows with political cartoonists. The fact he's bleeding suggests some reference, though.

The girl is also Cameron. And one of the people at the meeting, too.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Tesseraction posted:

Kids going to see the teachers for help with a bleeding nose is a common school thing.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on George Osborne's budget – George Osborne’s attempt to woo voters ahead of Britain’s EU referendum has come under immediate and intense scrutiny after he used a range of accounting devices to disguise a looming £56bn “black hole” in the government’s finances"

Telegraph:

Obituary: Paul Daniels

Independent:

Times:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Fans posted:

Kids going to see the teachers for help with a bleeding nose is a common school thing.

Yeah, but the fact it's two of them made me wonder if it was meant to be Hammy and Merkel or something.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
Why is this man's nose a bum?

E: Oh, that is unfortunate looking...what he do to get a bum nose?

Hypha fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 18, 2016

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

He allegedly paid to be a BDSM submissive to a dominatrix while he did cocaine, and it refers to that.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

Tesseraction posted:

He allegedly paid to be a BDSM submissive to a dominatrix while he did cocaine, and it refers to that.

I thought it was he just looks a little funny....

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well that's also there. But it's basically BDSM + coke fiend.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Hypha posted:

Because his nose looks like a bum.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Hypha posted:

E: Oh, that is unfortunate looking...what he do to get a bum nose?

Inbreeding.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Hypha posted:

British Political Cartoons 2016: Why Is This Man's Nose A Bum

The Georgie Relaunches
again?

eta:
It was Cams last month. They take turns.

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Mar 18, 2016

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on George Osborne and the budget – George Osborne has revealed a failure of respect for basic fairness, and this time some exceptionally vulnerable people are being asked to pay the price"

Telegraph:

The i paper:

Refugees will be sent back across Aegean in EU-Turkey deal

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... The continuing fallout over Theresa May's budget bonanza

Stephen Collins:

tdrules
Jan 12, 2014

Love this one, great artwork.

Been catching up with political cartoons and this one from a few weeks ago is quite funny considering recent events:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I initially wondered whether this was a clever reference to adult entertainer Teresa May, as apparently there have been hilarious booking mix-ups before. But no, it's due to Home Secretary Theresa May having breasts during the budget, in addition to which the Mail has done a full feature on other female politicians who have had breasts while holding office. You are cartooning for the right paper, Mac. A garbage fire of a paper.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Reminded me of Terry Pratchett.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda
The real question of the hour is... which cartoonist does the worst IDS?