Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

woha i didnt know you could summon gascoigne. wht for, the cleric beast?

DLC added a lot of npc summons, especially in the chalice dungeons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
they're gonna make a bloodborne card game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I pulled a quote from Miyazaki somewhere in this thread that said that card games are his true passion and that from wont let him make on until his game career is over. Maybe this is the post-DSIII paradigm shift he was talking about

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Imagining that feel when souls 6 has a "play cards" prompt when you approach an npc

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
If Miyazaki quit video games and started making table games I would prob fully lose my poo poo

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I would probably take a bullet for Miyazaki

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

DLC added a lot of npc summons, especially in the chalice dungeons

gascoigne was in there pre dlc i think idr

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

In Training posted:

I pulled a quote from Miyazaki somewhere in this thread that said that card games are his true passion and that from wont let him make on until his game career is over. Maybe this is the post-DSIII paradigm shift he was talking about

sadly it looks like it's made by some guy named Erik and from the sound of it it's like a co-op card game rather than a competitive one which i'm not as excited about.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

gascoigne was in there pre dlc i think idr

I thought there weren't any NPC summons in the base game at all

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
liek he said it's based on chalice dungeons so i imagine there is some sort of DUNGEON DECK you and your buds battle against which could be cool i guess but i'm a big piece of poo poo mtg fan so it's not what i want in my heart o fhearts

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I thought there weren't any NPC summons in the base game at all

Gascoigne was definitely there from the beginning

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Pablo Gigante posted:

Gascoigne was definitely there from the beginning

Alfred as well

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

eric lang is a really good game designer. he made the chaos in the old world game and the blood rage game and the warhammer card game, all of which are really ace, good and cool

i have faith. it'll be good

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
i will hold out hope then

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

chaos in the old worl d's good bt hes also done some r eal bad games too, hes the guy tht did quarriors aand the xcom board game tht kind of looked like poo poo. idk, ill proabably give it a shot at some point

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I can't stop playing this game

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
I don't have the dlc and I summoned Gascoigne. only saw him in ng+, idk if he's in the regular game

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In vanilla bloodborne you could summon FG in two different places, the staircase after the first shortcut and next to the fountain before the giant banging on the door. I think Alfred was only outside BSB

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

It was really obtuse before though because their summoning sign was just a bath message that said something about how you could use your bell to summon help and you had to stand right on top f it and ring your bell

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

It was really obtuse before though because their summoning sign was just a bath message that said something about how you could use your bell to summon help and you had to stand right on top f it and ring your bell

Oh that's why I never knew it existed

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gascoigne's summon is cool because he's much bigger than the standard human model for AI hunters. idk if it uses his boss model, but it seems like it.

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

Benny D posted:

Ohhhh, I always assumed that was just a helpful hint for people getting stuck at these early places. Welp, now I have to go try summoning him

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Flying Squirrel posted:

Ohhhh, I always assumed that was just a helpful hint for people getting stuck at these early places. Welp, now I have to go try summoning him

it got patched to just be a normal summon sign type thing, i believe

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i was watching bladerunner earlier in the week, and it made me wonder if micolash is inspired by the scene where roy is running through the rotting skyscraper, howling like a werewolf...

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

Gascoigne's summon is cool because he's much bigger than the standard human model for AI hunters. idk if it uses his boss model, but it seems like it.

u can summon henryck later too. hes black :P

DEBATE ME BITCH
Jan 5, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ive fought that PRICK orphan like 45 times now. got him dow to 5 health over 4 times, and i got instacheesed with that aoe pink attack

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
some guy in the games thread claimed he fought Kos 118 times before beating him

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

some guy in the games thread claimed he fought Kos 118 times before beating him

that guy is cool

Theowulv posted:

I finally got myself a ps4 and have been playing a lot of bloodborne. Just finished it infact. Overall I really loved it, at the moment it's probably my favorite souls game. And the Threaded cane is my new favorite weapon, used it the entire game.

Boss death count in order I fought them:

Cleric Beast - 2
Father Gascoigne - 4
Blood Starved beast - 5
Vicar Amelia - 0
The Witch of Hemwick - 0
Darkbeast - 2
Shadows of Yharnam - 0
Rom - 2
Martyr Logarius - 0
Celestial Emissary - 0
Ludwig - 9
Ebrietas - 6
The One Reborn - 0
Amygdala - 0
Living Failures - 1
Maria - 4
Micolash - 2
Laurence - 5
FREAKING orphan of kos - 118
wet nurse - 1
The First Hunter - 0
Moon Presence - 0

I wonder what possesses you to count attempts

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

that guy is cool

I wonder what possesses you to count attempts

i didn't my first time through, but on subsequent playthroughs it's given me a fun way to keep track of how different this character is from the last. alternately, internet bragging.

DEBATE ME BITCH
Jan 5, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
killed bsb my first attempt, that guy sucks

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

Benny D posted:

In vanilla bloodborne you could summon FG in two different places, the staircase after the first shortcut and next to the fountain before the giant banging on the door. I think Alfred was only outside BSB

So wait, can you go summon Father G and go knock on his daughter's window?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
118 attempts on a boss must have taken weeks. sometimes iev spent like 30 minutes trying to kill a boss but it only works out at like 4 attempts. i was counting my attempts at SL10 though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Flying Squirrel posted:

you can, it doesnt affect anything though. since hes in phantom form or something along those lines probably.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

if miyazaki quits video games I will become a game developer and make souls-like games for the rest of my life. screenshot this

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Flying Squirrel posted:

I tried it and sadly it seems big daddy G is too far-gone to recognize his own daughter :(

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

u can summon henryck later too. hes black :P

whoa, that owns

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

I.N.R.I posted:

you can, it doesnt affect anything though. since hes in phantom form or something along those lines probably.
i think the in game reason is that youre just summoning memories of the old hunters

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
it probalby took me a good 30+ times to beat kos

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just got the Ihyll root chalice. my runes are about to get... spicy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I wish this game had a REVENGEANCE difficulty mode where my stats are all capped at 10 but gun parries do like 25x bonus damage