Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Out having a life and shits stuck at 80 thanks Bernie people. He's not going to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Big movement on Missouri, for the moment at least. Both just got pushed up to 89. I sold 400 Hillary YES shares I picked up earlier today, so there's some volume to it.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

that was an easy flip from 75 to 90 right there, thanks bernies

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I'm really tempted to just sell out hard at 90, because there's probably a good chance that they both get forced everything back down to 80 again once the bernouts come back in force.

Edit: And, in case anyone is looking for safe pennies, I guess the Trump Debate market is as close to a sure NO as you can get: https://www.predictit.org/Contract/2297/Will-Trump-participate-in-the-Salt-Lake-City-debate. Haven't seen it mentioned much. A couple pennies in 5 days.

Parakeet vs. Phone has issued a correction as of 02:09 on Mar 17, 2016

BigBobio
May 1, 2009

dangling pointer posted:

I wonder how/if they keep the people working on this website honest. If you knew the rule change was coming it would have been the perfect opportunity to tell your friend to max out on sub 5c Bernie shares to dump when it spiked.

When they eventually publish stuff about the project it should be an interesting read.

I have no idea who will be on it. The tweets Arkane and article I posted seem to be nothing though I found this when I was googling about it.

https://thenew10.treasury.gov/faqs

From your link

The Treasury Department posted:

1. Which woman will the Secretary choose to feature on the $10?

Democracy is the theme for the next redesigned series and the Secretary will select a woman recognized by the public who was a champion for democracy in the United States. The person should be iconic and have made a significant contribution to — or impact on — protecting the freedoms on which our nation was founded.

This is going to be the first woman on US currency, so I doubt they'll go with someone as obscure as Wilma Mankiller (How many Americans even know who she is? 1%? 0.1%? Until today I didn't). If that FAQ is to be trusted, it will likely be someone related to civil rights activism, and I would think it'ld be somebody everybody knows. People know Helen Keller mostly for being blind, not for social activism. Don't think she's big enough impact. DItto for Eleanor Roosevelt, she's not who first comes to mind when you think civil rights activist.

That leaves Harriet Tubman and Rosa Parks from the PredictIt list. Tubman feels more venerable to me perhaps just because what she did happened further back in the past, but that's not much to go on. Also, everybody learns about both of them in school, so name recognition is high for both. If it was anyone not from the PredictIt list, I would say Susan B Anthony. Has the name recognition there, and its because of her civil rights activism. So, I guess what do you think they'll value more: freeing slaves, ending Jim Crow, or getting women's suffrage? If I had to guess, it'ld be the first one, but it's just a guess

Of course, all this could be BS and I'm way off base, so there's that

Edit: Clearly going to be one of those tricks where Hamilton is still the featured portrait, but if you fold the bill a special way, you see a picture of a woman instead

BigBobio has issued a correction as of 02:57 on Mar 17, 2016

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
gently caress DecisionDeskHQ. Just your daily reminder.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
@DDHQ we can now call the election for Gov. Thomas Dewey.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

These people are betting thousands of dollars on this site.

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

Good, the money we win has to come from somewhere :getin:

Some of the comments crack me up though....

Who would take anything written in any comment sections seriously?

Nevermind that explains it, bitcoin.

dangling pointer has issued a correction as of 03:34 on Mar 17, 2016

Baconomics
Feb 6, 2012

Peachstapler posted:

@DDHQ we can now call the election for Gov. Thomas Dewey.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Lol while messing with the settings I crashed it and had to fix the server

I think I'll give the machine a rest tonight as the next step is to make a new form and such. (was in the middle of doing that anyway)

ThndrShk2k has issued a correction as of 05:52 on Mar 17, 2016

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
The odds are pretty good that Sanders suspends his campaign after Tuesday's primaries, right? I can't see him being in a position where it doesn't look sad to keep going, so would that make Hawaii and Alaska good buys for Hillary?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Fidel Castronaut posted:

The odds are pretty good that Sanders suspends his campaign after Tuesday's primaries, right? I can't see him being in a position where it doesn't look sad to keep going, so would that make Hawaii and Alaska good buys for Hillary?

I don't think so. It's unclear what Bernie's finances look like - he burned $8m in just the last week and his fundraising has surely diminished since March 1 - but I don't see any reason why he wouldn't stick around until the convention.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Yeah he'll go as long as the finances carry him. You'd think with the writing being on the wall his donations would dry up like a normal candidate but he's not exactly a normal

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Even if he doesn't drop out, I can't see him not continuing to get sweeped now that the wind is out of his sails and if he's demolished enough on Tuesday I don't see him getting big shows in Hawaii and Alaska.. I really want those cheap Alaska Nos for Bernie but I'm not confident enough to go crazy like some folks in here.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Even if he doesn't drop out, I can't see him not continuing to get sweeped now that the wind is out of his sails and if he's demolished enough on Tuesday I don't see him getting big shows in Hawaii and Alaska.. I really want those cheap Alaska Nos for Bernie but I'm not confident enough to go crazy like some folks in here.

I wouldn't be so sure. Hillary's path was basically over for quite some time and she won races right up until the end.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I'm surprised Cruz is still over 10 cents, there's really no credible path to the nomination for him is there? I can maybe almost see the a tiny chance that the RNC could manage to gently caress Trump in favor of Paul or Kasich or Romney but I can't imagine Cruz entering a contested convention with a smaller share of the delegates and coming out on top

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Flavahbeast posted:

I'm surprised Cruz is still over 10 cents, there's really no credible path to the nomination for him is there? I can maybe almost see the a tiny chance that the RNC could manage to gently caress Trump in favor of Paul or Kasich or Romney but I can't imagine Cruz entering a contested convention with a smaller share of the delegates and coming out on top

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
To add to this, I don't think Bernie's plan was to ever win the nomination. He's an ideological candidate who is running to influence the party.

He's the Ron Paul ^^^ of the left. Same basic thing. Crowdfunding, stay in until the end, etc.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

As tempting as it seems, don't loving take a position against Trump in AZ. I'm telling you. I've lived here all my life. It's not happening, despite the fact that Trump underperforms in closed primaries. We're not a particularly religious state, despite how people identify. We hate politicians. We love money, and businesspeople. We're a fresh new baby state. We're STUPID. DON'T DO IT.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Flavahbeast posted:

If Cruz enters the convention exactly 1 delegate behind Trump he will be the next nominee. a large part of this has to do with there being a reason for him somehow grabbing 250 delegates more than Trump

The same thing applies for -2, -3, etc. You need to figure out where to draw the line. Personally my line is right around (Trump 1100) for a few different reasons. Trump's currently going to hit about 1200, so a low double digit price for Cruz is probably about right.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

a cop posted:

As tempting as it seems, don't loving take a position against Trump in AZ. I'm telling you. I've lived here all my life. It's not happening, despite the fact that Trump underperforms in closed primaries. We're not a particularly religious state, despite how people identify. We hate politicians. We love money, and businesspeople. We're a fresh new baby state. We're STUPID. DON'T DO IT.

AZ feels tailor made for Trump being a southern border state and the whole sheriff Joe endorsement

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Everyone I know in Hawaii is voting for Bernie. Not that my tiny anecdote means much.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

does az have a sizable mormon population?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

also, why is sanders so high in dc? it's establishment central and has a massive black population.

Baconomics
Feb 6, 2012

Apparently the Cruz campaign isn't even going to put up token resistance in Arizona

They estimate that Trump has already built up an insurmountable lead with the 55% (!) of the electorate that has already voted early (and since Arizona is purely winner take all there's no reason to waste time there)

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/16/politics/ted-cruz-plan-1237-nomination-fight/index.html

Baconomics
Feb 6, 2012

Abel Wingnut posted:

also, why is sanders so high in dc? it's establishment central and has a massive black population.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Lmao guys get your states right when betting several grand or else you can give it to me who got a 100 on her states and capitols geography test. Be in better hands.

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

Adar posted:

If Cruz enters the convention exactly 1 delegate behind Trump he will be the next nominee. a large part of this has to do with there being a reason for him somehow grabbing 250 delegates more than Trump

The same thing applies for -2, -3, etc. You need to figure out where to draw the line. Personally my line is right around (Trump 1100) for a few different reasons. Trump's currently going to hit about 1200, so a low double digit price for Cruz is probably about right.

I think 1100 is a reasonable target (though there will probably be plenty of drama unless he gets 1150+). A fun one, too, since it may well come down to the final day of primaries, and California in particular.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

All my money is still tied up in Hillary MO

This is really starting to influence my opinion of Sanders voters in a negative way

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Aliquid posted:

All my money is still tied up in Hillary MO

This is really starting to influence my opinion of Sanders voters in a negative way

PredicitIt posted:

This means that the vote in all precincts may not be reported until 28 days after the election. This vote total, per the rules, is what PredictIt will use to resolve the market.
:stare:
See you in April...

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Jesus

loving

Christ

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
jesus christ. Remind me to always sell at .97 or .98 if I have the chance, gently caress that poo poo

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Anyone have any idea why UT and ID is still so low? I feel like Hilary is going to clean up with conservative Dems.

Or there should be at least more going on.

cheese eats mouse has issued a correction as of 18:17 on Mar 17, 2016

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
not quite DDHQ bad, but this guy was hilariously awful too:

https://tylerpedigo.com/2016/03/15/democratic-primary-projections-super-tuesday-2/

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
So is it worth buying 100 shares of Hillary No in MO just in case? What is the actual vote margin right now?

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Looks like his original predictions for the night were a good bit closer. Will be interesting to see if he's right that Sanders just ekes it out in MO. (probably not, tho)

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
:cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

skaboomizzy posted:

So is it worth buying 100 shares of Hillary No in MO just in case? What is the actual vote margin right now?

The market is going to stagnate now probably but it's up to you. Personally I wouldn't put another cent in this shithole market.

• Locked thread