Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
Why do yall hate sf3? It's the best one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

jebeebus posted:

why you post this... THIS DOESNT REPRESENT ME

ggs tho

Sorry man it wasn't meant as a call out or anything! Just wanted to show some of the dumb poo poo I've been talking about that people should do with Ryu in some matches.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Culexo plays this game and he ain't asked me to fight.

Shameful duckmaster

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

zooted heh posted:

Why do yall hate sf3? It's the best one.

I like it a lot. Lots of people hate it because they're dumbasses who care about high tier competition.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Is there any way to turn off the weird and subtle screen shake that happens when someone gets hit by/blocks a medium/heavy strength normal? It's really annoying.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Booyah- posted:

please explain, unless you mean you can practice reading your opponent
yeah i would just run a shitload of sets against a ryu and exclusively practice moving in and out of his jump in range to bait out fireballs, figure out how far forward you can use before most ryu's will throw them, things like that.

but i looked at it again and i think he was talking about just doing it in training mode.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Zand, what fighting games do you actually like?

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I asked him that in this thread a while back and he replied

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis

Trykt posted:

Sorry man it wasn't meant as a call out or anything! Just wanted to show some of the dumb poo poo I've been talking about that people should do with Ryu in some matches.
naw it was ggs, haven't had time to play much but it was a wakeup call, just kind of ashamed of the first 10-0 considering Necalli is my "main".....

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Culexo plays this game and he ain't asked me to fight.

Shameful duckmaster
umm I ran into you on ranked once :shobon: fight me

cams
Mar 28, 2003

dafeetlee has been compiling a list of the strongest online players, sorted by character played

https://dafeetlee.wordpress.com/cfn-strong-player-list/

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

Zand, what fighting games do you actually like?

i mean there are lots of fgs out there that are fun sooooo

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

cams posted:

dafeetlee has been compiling a list of the strongest online players, sorted by character played

https://dafeetlee.wordpress.com/cfn-strong-player-list/

Haha, Bananaken's tag is awesome.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

little help on cammy vs birdie? if i go in i eat grabs anytime he forces me to block. if i stay neutral i get dolphin dived, if i stay far we just stare at each other for a while.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Double Bill posted:

I'm pretty sure their business model for this game leans heavily on DLC, which will obviously not sell if they abandon it in this state already. They'd have to be suicidal to not fix the major problems, especially when the release sales were not exactly stellar.

Being that it's Capcom, I'd put even odds on them attempting to fix the game and them abandoning the franchise entirely because sales were bad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dias posted:

Haha, Bananaken's tag is awesome.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope Persona 5 Arena is in the Xrd engine.

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

The problem with that is the low/overhead mixup. I guess I just need better reflexes then. (or maybe it's way less threatening than it seems and I've just been missing openings)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain crouch block will also block the slow lightning

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I hope Persona 5 Arena is in the Xrd engine.

oh poo poo 2018 or whatever is going to rule

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Lhet posted:

The problem with that is the low/overhead mixup. I guess I just need better reflexes then. (or maybe it's way less threatening than it seems and I've just been missing openings)

Laura players please feel free to tell me I'm full of poo poo, but the only thing she can threaten you with while you're blocking low (grabs notwithstanding) is her wheel kick v-skill, which is reactable. Otherwise, just don't get put in that situation to begin with.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Lhet posted:

crouch block should always be your default.

if you see the overhead start up (and you will, it has a long start up) you switch to standing block

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

NecroMonster posted:

crouch block should always be your default.

if you see the overhead start up (and you will, it has a long start up) you switch to standing block

I see. Maybe I was just reacting too slow because I'm not used to the windup.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I would say it's reactable but this game has loving 7-8 frames of input lag. 22f at that point is at the edge, so you're bound to get caught sometimes.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I would say it's reactable but this game has loving 7-8 frames of input lag. 22f at that point is at the edge, so you're bound to get caught sometimes.

wait, seriously?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

NecroMonster posted:

wait, seriously?

Yes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYCW0Dfixv4

I can't find the summary post, but basically SFV has 5 frames of input over even the slowest fighting games, and you can disable it on PC (only)

glhf

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

wait, seriously?

It was a big hullabaloo today. It's messed up

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

NecroMonster posted:

wait, seriously?

yes

it immediately explained why babystepping and jabbing out dash up > stuff was so loving hard

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

jesus loving christ

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ono was doing it as a goof but now that the goof is spoiled he'll make it permanent

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Whatever people might think of Skullgirls, Mike Z did a lot of solid poo poo when it came to the mechanical side of things and it was his "first" time making a FG.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

jeez, if you don't like the game why even post in this thread GOSH

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

ASK ME WHAT MAKES ME THINK I'M SO FUNKY
oh christ, is this why i've been having so much trouble doing poo poo like the walk & block against fireballs? i've eaten so many and just thought "wtf? i blocked that"

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

btw 6 frames of lag is .1 seconds and the longest humans can experience a delay until noticing it, ftw. turn off vsync on pc and you will be amazed at how better the game feels.

e: how "better" the game feels. i am forming a fightcade support group, be safe out there goons

WorldIndustries fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Mar 17, 2016

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

you know, watching videos and stuff, I kept thinking it was weird that people kept saying that dash forward throw/jab is "too fast to react to", when it clearly looks nothing like it

cams
Mar 28, 2003

The Timely Howard posted:

oh christ, is this why i've been having so much trouble doing poo poo like the walk & block against fireballs? i've eaten so many and just thought "wtf? i blocked that"
yeah this is a real bummer but does explain quite a bit

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

holy crap

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Booyah- posted:

btw 6 frames of lag is .1 seconds and the longest humans can experience a delay until noticing it, ftw. turn off vsync on pc and you will be amazed at how better the game feels.

e: how "better" the game feels. i am forming a fightcade support group, be safe out there goons

Guess I need to buy the PC version then. Oh wait, I have a PS4 fightstick.

Can someone dig up the RISE UP gif from a few dozen pages ago? I can't find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Do PS4 fight sticks still not work