Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Map point for NiP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I reverse jinxed it. Fnatic got loving crushed

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

SealHammer posted:

How do you always sound like distilled rear end if you're using a Yeti?

That's just the way I sound.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Fnatic = Monster Dunked.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Am I the only one who's under the impression that ESL casters collectively get crazy over fnatic? Like, they just spent 20 seconds praising JW for picking up the bomb and jumping up on Inferno grill while not being under fire and having his back covered by teammates.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Tevery Best posted:

Am I the only one who's under the impression that ESL casters collectively get crazy over fnatic? Like, they just spent 20 seconds praising JW for picking up the bomb and jumping up on Inferno grill while not being under fire and having his back covered by teammates.

To be fair they've been on top for close to two years now, it'd be stupid of them to sound Anti-Fnatic.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Tevery Best posted:

I don't know what's going on but it's been really really over the top and sycophantic for some reason, I ended up muting it a while ago.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Fnatic
-
-
-
Everyone else

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

mcvey posted:

Fnatic
-
-
-
Everyone else

forgetting some1????

mcvey_se: xen might be the greatest cs player of our generation
mcvey_se: 1. xen 2. xen 3. get_right

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
what is the theory on flusha atm?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

He has the hacks built into his brain and hand

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Xenaero posted:

forgetting some1????

mcvey_se: xen might be the greatest cs player of our generation
mcvey_se: 1. xen 2. xen 3. get_right

-olof
+Xen

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Speaking of "_se"

remember when the game used to look like this:

e: my oldest GO screenshot
April 2012

RIP whatever cvars allowed for this i cant remember

mcvey fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Mar 16, 2016

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right

Fateo McMurray posted:

He has the hacks built into his brain and hand

Close. It's actually a WiFi capable contact lens with a HUD that shows him where enemies are.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

qhat posted:

I know how loving stupid it sound but I actually bought skins for my life savings and gambled it all away because I had decided that I would kill myself a few months ago. Then my soundboard blew up and I started seeing light in the end of the tunnel, I had something keeping me busy, so I slowly started realizing suicide wasn't the way out, so now I'm poor and alive

I'm going to need a link bub.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

fennesz posted:

I'm going to need a link bub.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/4aku15/csgo_saved_my_life_today/

Thread title: CSGO Saved My Life Today

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

I played my first faceit game and I think it went pretty well. I did have to re-connect to the server once because of FPS issues however.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
cancelled ESEA subscription, gonna grind out elo on faceit instead.

ESEA has good servers, good stat overview and a lot of good players but there just isn't enough of them in EU and the queue times are getting worse and worse every month. Sat in queue for 6 and 9 minutes today with a 4-stack and it's just getting stupid when faceit queues are instant with a full 5.

Maguro posted:

I did have to re-connect to the server once because of FPS issues however.

copy the IP to clipboard and connect through console rather than clicking the connect button on the site, that should stop the fps issues from starting in the first place

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

symbolic posted:

HyperX Cloud

It's an all around great headset with a really good mic and I always recommend it when someone asks for headset opinions.

I have one of these, I love it.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
na internet nearly as bad as na cs.

edit: the camera man is playing tic tac toe with himself on the map and losing

Up Circle fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Mar 17, 2016

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

Bohemian Nights posted:

copy the IP to clipboard and connect through console rather than clicking the connect button on the site, that should stop the fps issues from starting in the first place

Oh nice. So just keep my client running while I'm waiting in que and alt tab into game?

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
ESEA? Isn't that the malware bitcoin farming thing?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Yes

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i luv how whenever esea is mentioned on sa people come out of the woodworks to say "DAE think esea is hitler???????"

yeah the bitcoin thing was hosed up. but, come on, sensitivity chat is a much better meme.

1.5 sens at 400 dpi

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

http://www.counter-strike.net/pickem/columbus2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

:toot: The stickers aren't poo poo!

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
GOLD PICKEM HERE I COME

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Maguro posted:

Oh nice. So just keep my client running while I'm waiting in que and alt tab into game?

Sure. but you don't even need to keep the client running. When you get a match and the prompt to connect directly to the server, there's another button for just copying the IP and letting you do it manually by using the console in the client

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

If you're needing a headset/headphones, just buy the nicest headphones in your price range and then get a seperate mic, or a mod mic. Most headsets aren't that great for listening to music/non game media and you'll thank yourself for investing in decent AKG/Senn/Shure set that will last you years.

Check for sales on AKG 271 mkii's. Sometimes they're 60% off on Amazon.

E: uh to fit this thread Shure 1540@.70 volume

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 17, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I've said it before but the Sennheisers I wear are unbelievably comfortable. They have a pretty huge range in products too, I have something on the low end and I still haven't been disappointed.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

fennesz posted:

I've said it before but the Sennheisers I wear are unbelievably comfortable. They have a pretty huge range in products too, I have something on the low end and I still haven't been disappointed.

Yeah low end senns are going to be a lot more comfortable and higher quality than ~gamer~ headsets at the same or a bit higher price points.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Demostrs posted:

i luv how whenever esea is mentioned on sa people come out of the woodworks to say "DAE think esea is hitler???????"

yeah the bitcoin thing was hosed up. but, come on,

textbook Stockholm Syndrome

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lol if you don't just buy studio headphones and an external mic. way more value there than some lovely gaming headset

Beyrdynamic dt770s are my vote for most comfy

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Quilty and I did it guys. We saw someone get VAC'd right before out eyes. His famous last words, "Don't worry. I'll never get banned."

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

fennesz posted:

:toot: The stickers aren't poo poo!

These actually look pretty legit, yeah.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Demostrs posted:

Yes, this is exactly what they say.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Haven't played in a week and a half, decided to play a match tonight to prepare for goonmans
this is a typical round. I've....missed silver

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I'm calling it right now: mouz wins Columbus.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I'm calling it right now: mouz wins Columbus.

uhh maybe if both niko and chrisj dont choke at the same time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Unbound posted:

Quilty and I did it guys. We saw someone get VAC'd right before out eyes. His famous last words, "Don't worry. I'll never get banned."

Saw this poo poo a few weeks ago, guy was blatently hacking before the ingame ban but really wanted everyone to believe he wasn't and was even calling our team hackers.